Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Stuck on loading screen after logging in

• G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me the problem getting stuck in loadscreen after character selection was solved: its the membership in a bugged guild. I contacted all my guild masters via teamspeak to kick me out of the guild. As soon I was out of all guild the problem was gone.

I now found out that its only the membership in one of my guilds (the main guild, other 4 were trading guilds) which causes the problem. If I rejoin the guild and press G to look at the guild menu I get a crash and the loading bug reappears. As soon as I get kicked again all is back to normal.
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for confirming this mate. I already asked the support team to try and remove my character from the guild i joined when this happened, but they havent replied yet. And sadly i cannot find the guild that i joined anywhere, so i have no idea who to contact or how.
    Options
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    As Casperdybdalb_16ESO just said, this as nothing to do with the problem you are refering to matt3k, our problem isn't that the loggin is to long, the problem is the game completly freez and crash after selecting any character. This seems to only hits some guilds, and, I think, only on EU mégaserver (but i'm not sur of that last part).

Anyway as for flowerz81, I love this game, I want to play it, but I also feel abondoned by the support staff right now. If guild fix broke something, why not turning it off again (as they had already done before) until a decent fix is found ? Why leaving us with no solution and worst, no informations, no response, nothing. We didn't even know if there is something in this new maintenance for resolving this issue.
    Samwen, Sorcière Bosmer DC - Breynis, Templier Dunmer EP - Jo'Zin-Dar, Sorcier Khajiit AD
    Options
  • flowerz81
    flowerz81
    Soul Shriven
    The problem is past the character selection screen, and it dosnt take any amount of time, as the little "loading" logo, stops and the window goes to "not responding" forcing you to terminate it.

Exactly that.
    Even if you try to create an alt to surrounding guild issue that you have joined with your main anyway you can't log in succesfull after character selection. Maybe something shared between alts on same account (and I don't know what, coz i'm newbie)

GM pls delete me from that f***ing guilds i have joined!!!!!!
    Esperia Reborn - EU Server - Aldmeri Dominion
    Global ID: @flowerz81
    Options
  • flowerz81
    flowerz81
    Soul Shriven
    G0ku wrote: »
    For me the problem getting stuck in loadscreen after character selection was solved: its the membership in a bugged guild. I contacted all my guild masters via teamspeak to kick me out of the guild. As soon I was out of all guild the problem was gone.

I now found out that its only the membership in one of my guilds (the main guild, other 4 were trading guilds) which causes the problem. If I rejoin the guild and press G to look at the guild menu I get a crash and the loading bug reappears. As soon as I get kicked again all is back to normal.

Thanks for this precious info.
    I absolutely don't remember which guilds i have joined, so no idea who i can contact. Sorry if ask that (i'm noob), is there a way for a friend in-game to see what guilds my char are currently joined?
    Options
  • kirgan2000b16_ESO
    @flowerz81‌ No there isn't. You're stuck now, like some other poor folks in the endless Oblivion of loading screen hell. And unless you manage to get kicked out of the guilds, which could be difficult, if the GM or an officer with the rights to do so is absent / has left the game.

I have the same problem and the answer from support was the usual .. we're working on it. :'(
    Unable to login due to guild-hotfix from 2014/08/07 - 2014/08/15 (solved by community fix)
    Options
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    I actually asked the support kicking me from my guild (I'me only in one trading-guild, but didn't remember the name) and after asking few times, they finaly respond to me : "sorry but we can not do that". It's been 5 days now, and we give them the solution on day first of the issue...
    Samwen, Sorcière Bosmer DC - Breynis, Templier Dunmer EP - Jo'Zin-Dar, Sorcier Khajiit AD
    Options
  • Speth
    Speth
    ✭✭
    Got really excited thinking that patch would have fixed it. It did nothing.
    Options
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, thank you very much, Zenimax... 6 days, patch and nothing.
    Options
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Support keeps feed me with promises to figuring out and deal with issue. And still no news about fix or something. Seriously, thats very annoying...
    Options
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    Same here, if they have not fix that issue or at least remove my characters from guild, tonight, I'll unsub.
    Options
  • flowerz81
    flowerz81
    Soul Shriven
    I'm already suspended my subscription plan, I don't want to risk to pay for another month without chance to play.
    Seriously guys, are we joking? It's about a week that we are not able to play, even if we paid for subscription like all others. In add no one dev explain to us the situation.
    My grandfather told me everytime that who doesn't never make mistakes is the same that doesn't never make nothing; the difference is how you repair to your errors.
    Everyone of us should be unsub, like a sign of our disagree.
    This is the 3d of stacked guys, 'in the endless Oblivion of loading screen hell' (Cit. kirgan2000b16_ESO)
    Options
  • Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I am not the guy who usually starts complaining, but holy cow. that many days without a fix, and NOT ONE decent respons from support, other than the robot saying "we're working on it, sorry for the inconvenience" This seriously feels like a joke. Since the support team apparently cant remove our characters from the guilds preventing us from playing. I am going to try one last thing before i unsub. Luckily my characters are all below lvl 14. so im going to delete them all, and try creating a new. if this does not work. ill uninstall and unsub immediately after.
    Options
  • Pucko82
    Pucko82
    ✭✭
    same Problem here. ZOS makes the game worse with every patch they apply.
    Options
  • flowerz81
    flowerz81
    Soul Shriven
    I am going to try one last thing before i unsub. Luckily my characters are all below lvl 14. so im going to delete them all, and try creating a new. if this does not work. ill uninstall and unsub immediately after.

Good luck then, let us know if it works

Options
  • jb.clamourb16_ESO
    1,2 k viewer for this thread and only 2 message from ZOS, and the only thing they told us is they are aware of the issue and working on it, sorry for the inconvenience.
    Come on, we gave you the fix on day one of this bug : kick us from our guild or re desactivate guild functionnality !
    And that's not an "inconvenience", when it's rainging on me while i'm having my footing, that's an "inconvenience", when I pay for something I can't access, that's just a scam.
    Options
  • Induron
    Induron
    ✭✭
    Was stuck on the loading screen as well.

Did wait it out, unintentionally, just walked away to do something and came back maybe 10 mins or so later to find character selection.

Hope this may help someone somewhere.
    There is a tide in the affairs of men, which taken at the flood, leads on to fortune. Omitted, all the voyage of their life is bound in shallows and in miseries. On such a full sea are we now afloat. And we must take the current when it serves, or lose our ventures.

William Shakespeare
    Options
  • flowerz81
    flowerz81
    Soul Shriven
    Induron wrote: »
    Was stuck on the loading screen as well.

Did wait it out, unintentionally, just walked away to do something and came back maybe 10 mins or so later to find character selection.

Hope this may help someone somewhere.

The problem is after character selection
    Options
  • Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Casperdybdalb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    flowerz81 wrote: »
    I am going to try one last thing before i unsub. Luckily my characters are all below lvl 14. so im going to delete them all, and try creating a new. if this does not work. ill uninstall and unsub immediately after.

Good luck then, let us know if it works

Well, would you look at that, apparently you can only delete so many characters at one time, so i was unable to delete them all.. this is starting to look like a big effing joke.
    Options
  • Wenr
    Wenr
    Soul Shriven
    6th day, still no fix...
    Options
  • kirgan2000b16_ESO
    What did you expect? Some miracle? Not really, ZoS still denies the existance of this bug. Nothing in dev-forum (known bugs) about it. All you get is, yeah we know but we can't fix it atm .. No ETA for a fix whatsoever, no announcement what happens to the lost and paid game time. :'(

Is it that difficult to write some damn script that removes the account from all guilds?
    Unable to login due to guild-hotfix from 2014/08/07 - 2014/08/15 (solved by community fix)
    Options
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like I threw 60 bucks under dog tail. I already canceled my sub, but still have remain16 days. And I cant refund money, because I bought it on retail...
    Options
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have consistently been getting very long loading screens after every patch, but this time it seemed to take forever. The game fails miserably at welcoming users back after a patch. A progress bar, or at least a message telling me what is going on, would go a long way towards making me put up with this.
    Options
  • kherzaheb17_ESO
    kherzaheb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i just gave up but when i logged in game im gonna make an announcement to my guild members which has 450 active players. Im gonna say to them "Thanks to support i cant able to play with you" So find another guild.
    Options
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    7 days and still no any news or answers about fix or something about refund game time from ZOS team...
    Options
  • Yolaoth
    Yolaoth
    Soul Shriven
    I am very disappointed:((((( 7 days the game is unplayable for me. ZOS team when can I expect to solve the problem??????
    Options
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    I dont able to play 7 days already. And still no any news from developers or support about your work on this issue. Do you even know about this bug (http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/125127/stuck-on-loading-screen-after-logging-in/p1)? Because no any mentions about it in this thread(http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/124067/known-issues-for-update-3/p1).

STOP IGNORING US!
    My name is Laura and I am happy to help.

I just wish to advise that we are investigating this and our specialized team are looking into this for you.
    I will close this ticket and you will get a response as soon as possible to this ticket: 140812-000208

Thanks so much for your patience.

What means bla-bla-bla - *** you! Seriously, i'm tired from this...
    Edited by maxetro on 13 August 2014 13:10
    Options
  • Spyfox007_ESO
    My game also takes a long time to get to the character select screen after logging in. Sometimes closing the game and relogging helps but today it's not working. I've been having this problem for awhile, not just with the recent patch.
    Options
  • maxetro
    maxetro
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is not about long load to character select screen. Its about "program not responding" AFTER character selection screen. When you click on a "Play" button under your character, game is just crashed to windows. And we still cant get any distinct answers from ZOS team. Its looks like they just dont give a *** about this problem and their customers.
    Edited by maxetro on 13 August 2014 20:28
    Options
  • Wenr
    Wenr
    Soul Shriven
    As maxetro said, the issue is AFTER character selection, the game freezes and dies. I have edited files to test the *** on NA servers (cuz i dont want to download the same client to another folder). Guess what, no problems whatsoever with exact same files and some settings edited. ZOS has alot of information in this thread about when and why this bug appears. Still they can't confirm it, give us information or anything. Seven days have gone and nothing.

And while this all goes on (1.3.4 patch):
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/1189467

I could go on ranting but *** this, thank you for the 3-4 days of gametime i got out of my 54,99€.
    Options