The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

New Performance (FPS) Issues Hotfix

• RatsnevE
    RatsnevE
    ✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »
    Not everyone these days know CPU 101, or how OS works.
    For example, how many PC users clean their PC from dust, inside?
    How many plays on the same PC as their kids, who download "who have no clue at all whats in the computer".
    I am trying to help, with the base of what I know and seen helps for me.
    The problem though with your and my support of PC 101 is that these FPS specific issues discussed in this thread from the OP on down is that the FPS problem(s) did not exist prior to a certain patch and subsequently have been improved but not fixed a little here and there with later patches. On that basis all the fixes to this thread are with ZOS and not related at all to whether we have run CCleaner or dusted out our PCs. ZOS has to fix their end of things--the game FPS issues in this thread--first.
    Edited by RatsnevE on 11 July 2014 17:50
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kulthax wrote: »
    Check to see if you are on "Windowed (Fullscreen)" mode, and if so, change to "Fullscreen" mode - this seemed to help quite a bit in my case.

There is a difference. But it shouldn't drop from 28 FPS to 8 FPS just because you're playing in window mode.

I have tried this as well but have seen no improvement whatsoever. It did not get worse either so there is that. :|

That's because it has nothing do with the problem with FPS in PvP. I have intel i7-3610QM @ 2.30GHz and 12GB RAM with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M with 2GM VRAM I should not be experiencing 8 FPS even in window mode.
    :trollin:
    Options
  • LrdRahvin
    LrdRahvin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kulthax wrote: »
    Check to see if you are on "Windowed (Fullscreen)" mode, and if so, change to "Fullscreen" mode - this seemed to help quite a bit in my case.

There is a difference. But it shouldn't drop from 28 FPS to 8 FPS just because you're playing in window mode.

I have tried this as well but have seen no improvement whatsoever. It did not get worse either so there is that. :|

That's because it has nothing do with the problem with FPS in PvP. I have intel i7-3610QM @ 2.30GHz and 12GB RAM with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M with 2GM VRAM I should not be experiencing 8 FPS even in window mode.

QFT

I have an i7 4770k 3.5Ghz with an ATI 7870....nothing I do to any video or display settings/modes should give me single digit fps...EVER
    Edited by LrdRahvin on 11 July 2014 18:20
    Options
  • tomiffseb17_ESO
    Warraxx wrote: »

That CPU is fine (i haz it too); what's your GPU and how fast is your internet connection?

GPU is Radeon7850 slightly OCed, 8Gb 1666 Mhz ram, and my connection was smooth so far in every other Mmo's, speed is kinda jumpy but 100% above 15Mbps. I am assuming it have to do something with the CPU because changing graphics from low to the highest makes maximum 2-5 fps more.
    This issue i face from the early acces, whenever pvp happens with more then 20 people ill drop to low 20 or even below.
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That CPU is fine (i haz it too); what's your GPU and how fast is your internet connection?

GPU is Radeon7850 slightly OCed, 8Gb 1666 Mhz ram, and my connection was smooth so far in every other Mmo's, speed is kinda jumpy but 100% above 15Mbps. I am assuming it have to do something with the CPU because changing graphics from low to the highest makes maximum 2-5 fps more.
    This issue i face from the early acces, whenever pvp happens with more then 20 people ill drop to low 20 or even below.

i'm running a similar card (r9 270x). how hot is your cpu and gpu?
    Options
  • tomiffseb17_ESO

CPU is around 55-63, GPU used to run hotter 60-68 ish, somewhere i read that theese cards ok with this much but i usually raising the fan manually. (10-16! fan activity with sometimes 68 degree)
    Options
  • trooper_cameron_ESO
    trooper_cameron_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Anyone know if anymore hotfixes are planned. Like most the last one was a slight improvement for me, but its still not back to normal.
    Options
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CPU is around 55-63, GPU used to run hotter 60-68 ish, somewhere i read that theese cards ok with this much but i usually raising the fan manually. (10-16! fan activity with sometimes 68 degree)

hmm, any background progams running? ie anti-virus
    Options
  • tomiffseb17_ESO

I am using Nod32 but thats usually in gaming mode, might try to remove it tho and check, can my Mobo hold back/limit my CPu with this much? Thats i believe is kinda a low end board
    Options
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks a lot
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

Options
  • tomiffseb17_ESO

I am using Nod32 but thats usually in gaming mode, might try to remove it tho and check, can my Mobo hold back/limit my CPu with this much? Thats i believe is kinda a low end board

Got rid of the AV system, so no, it wasnt the problem, also i reinstalled windows 2 or 3 times since iv got this rig/setup, i cant imagine any background program would ran with each OS (was on win7, then upgraded to win 8.1)and affected performance this much.
    Options
  • Daethz
    Daethz
    ✭✭✭
    i5 3570k @‌ 4ghz
    770gtx 4gb gigabyte windforcex3 2.0
    latest nvidia drivers always, within hours of release, always, including betas, always before launching or playing games.

Never had "FPS Issues", early on in the game, before 1.1, my GPU would under-clock even when I dropped under 60fps sometimes, but my GPU dosent seem to under-clock anymore.

Even played ESO 1920x1080, Crysis 3 1366x768 both maximum settings, max anti aliasing, side by side, got 60fps on both.

Edit: I think I have dropped down to the 30fps range in cyrodil before, havent been there in a month, lol, yeah.
    Edited by Daethz on 12 July 2014 22:42
    Waiting, and watching, for the return of Melee Weapons.
    -Subsidiary of The Fighters Guild
    Options
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I can tell whether the game will run smoothly or not from my character select screen - if the animation on that screen is choppy I just close the game and come back later because the gameplay will be frustrating at best.

It seems to get somewhat better late at night when fewer people are on the servers. Honestly these little hot fixes are like putting band-aids on the gaping sword wound that happened with 1.2.

Hopefully update 3 won't just be adding a million more bugs because I haven't been able to get smooth FPS in Cyrodiil OR any response from customer service in weeks!

Update: Logged in about 3 hours ago and could not get anything above 14 FPS. Waited a while and logged in again - SAME GARBAGE 14 FPS IN PVE AREAS.

ZENIMAX WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO FIX THIS GAME THAT I PAID SO MUCH FOR? IT HAS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH WITH THIS ISSUE FOR MOST PEOPLE AND YOU STILL CAN'T SEEM TO ACTUALLY FIX ANYTHING! NOW UPDATE 3 WILL ADD MUCH MORE USELESS CONTENT WITH FPS STILL BROKEN? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?

CUSTOMER SERVICE WON'T RESPOND TO MY INQUIRIES, YOU GUYS ARE VAGUE WITH YOUR COMMUNICATIONS, NONE OF YOUR 'FIXES' SEEM TO DO ANYTHING BUT MAKE IT WORSE. PLEASE REMIND ME WHY YOU ARE CHARGING MONEY TO PLAY THIS GAME? WHAT A FREAKING JOKE!!!!

YOU GUYS SERIOUSLY OWE THE COMMUNITY A REAL EXPLANATION AND NOT SOME ROBOTIC 'WE'RE WORKING ON IT' BS, AS WELL AS GAME TIME COMPENSATION FOR HAVING TO DEAL WITH YOUR HAPHAZARD AND LACKLUSTER APPROACH!

UNBELIEVABLE!!!
    Edited by davedesigns on 13 July 2014 04:07
    Options
  • Soloeus
    Soloeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have identified the primary cause of the performance issues (FPS drops) that some of you have been experiencing since we released v1.2.3. This has been most noticeable in Cyrodiil, but also in PVE areas. We have pushed a client hotfix to the both North American and European megaservers. This hotfix will require you to log out of the game and patch before it is applied.

We sincerely thank you for your patience as we work to improve game performance. Please let us know how the game plays for you after this hotfix.

Thank you.

This didn't work. I still have the serious glaring issues I had resulting from the update. I have 15 FPS in any zone, I used to have 60+ in PVE and 40+ in Cyrodil. Even when everyone else in Cyrodil was talking 15 FPS, I had 40+.

I think part of this is that we have bajillions of gobs of trash crap loading all over the place, and another part was your "improved textures" changed the specs required to run this game.

Many people decided to buy this game on machines that were at the time capable of running the game. Now you have made the game so those machines no longer run it.

I have a modern computer and shouldn't have these issues.

Within; Without.
    Options
  • axw_ESO
    axw_ESO
    ✭✭
    Nothing I do resolves the FPS drop off. CS gave me 2 drive by suggestions and now are not responding.

In PVE, I go from 60 to 10 when I enter specific areas. Does not happen all the time but it does happen regularly. Game is unplayable. From what i gathered having read the forums is that this problem was introduced by the publisher and is not related to local client configurations.

i5-4670k @ 4.2ghz
    GTX 750 TI (OC +10%)
    EVO 840 SSD

Lets me run anything out there including Star Citizen DFM ALPHA at 40 FPS so i know it is not my system.

I think that ZOS needs to credit everyone for the duration. They broke, they bought it literally.

I also think they should consider a rollback if it isn't resolved very soon.
    Edited by axw_ESO on 13 July 2014 05:38
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any word on fixing the issue that has caused the client to crash with far to much regularity since 1.2.3. Myself and other players have had this issue that usually provides a data load error. Repairing helps for a couple days and then the crashes return.
    Options
  • Goibot
    Goibot
    ✭✭✭
    What is the status of any forth coming fix to this? It sounds to me like the dev's are in denial about the lighting patch they added causing this. Man when they get pig headed and dig in nothing can get them out.

The silence is deafening!
    Options
  • SamWale
    SamWale
    ✭✭
    Is this patch something we have to do manually or was it updated automatically a few days ago? I've just had an email back from customer support with a link to this post, but it's not much help if the patch was already applied last week.
    Options
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    Well I went and watched the entire World Cup Final and I get back home and STILL the stupid game runs at 14 FPS. I'm so tired of all these workarounds and patches that just break the game even further. What the heck am I paying you guys for?
    Edited by davedesigns on 17 July 2014 20:50
    Options
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    I dont have fps issues anymore but surely till game has problems i will be affected as well especially this one which i tasted and its gamebreaking - ZOS it would be necessary to go out with info for guys who has problems. ZOS u stoped talking again about it !!!!
    Options
  • alextheforce
    alextheforce
    Soul Shriven
    this is my experience:
    (sorry for my english)

When i buyed this game i had an I3 with RAm 8gb an 1gb Shared Intel GraphCards.

I run cyroddil in medium mode at 60/70 FPS. After the 1.2.3 or 1.2.4 i run at 4 FPS when i have +10 pg in my screen, after re-log i have also 4fps everywhere in the game.

Now, Yesterday i bought an I7 4500U, with RAM 12 GB with Geforce GT740M with 2gb dedicated, now in high mode i run 20 FPS or below (12 sometimes) and in medium mode i run 25 FPS (playable but this is not a solutions).

So i want to know why? Why you add better lights in game, and not do not solve these problems, add content, balanced classes, solve the delay of the switch weapon, and other things that would make the game better?

I love elder scrolls saga, but i think this is my last month...

Edit:
    Another details i have a 100Mbs fiber ADSL
    Edited by alextheforce on 14 July 2014 10:11
    Options
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    this is my experience:
    (sorry for my english)

When i buyed this game i had an I3 with RAm 8gb an 1gb Shared Intel GraphCards.

I run cyroddil in medium mode at 60/70 FPS. After the 1.2.3 or 1.2.4 i run at 4 FPS when i have +10 pg in my screen, after re-log i have also 4fps everywhere in the game.

Now, Yesterday i bought an I7 4500U, with RAM 12 GB with Geforce GT740M with 2gb dedicated, now in high mode i run 20 FPS or below (12 sometimes) and in medium mode i run 25 FPS (playable but this is not a solutions).

So i want to know why? Why you add better lights in game, and not do not solve these problems, add content, balanced classes, solve the delay of the switch weapon, and other things that would make the game better?

I love elder scrolls saga, but i think this is my last month...

Edit:
    Another details i have a 100Mbs fiber ADSL

Shut up and comment in the dyes posts!!! Now seriously, odd to see 90% of the CMs answers are in posts asking for:

- New forum avatars. Top priority.
    - Fishing achievements. Because a questline blocking further progression in Craglorn for 18 days pales in comparison with such important issues.
    - Dyes colours and achievement requirements. Because content yet to come, is more important than content yet to work. First rule for ZOS devs.
    - New vanity pets. Game breaking issue until they add more crap to towns closed areas. It might add them some spammable lightning fx to work with the new lightning tweaks to interiors, so everybody can enjoy 5fps in banks.

Those are ZOS/CMs priorities when it comes to fix/talk about content. Like it or not.
    Options
  • tomiffseb17_ESO
    Well, i do understand many of the players moan for new content as they already got bored. Happens in every mmo, but they will also get bored after each content and ask for more. Thats common and i got no problem with this. On the other hand i do think there are many out there who wont even get to this point because they either quit, or give up. I do play from the beginning yet i am only veteran 6. Mosty id like to do pvp but it is not enjoyayble for me. I am patient since i still have much to do but soon as i reach v12 and this wont change ill think about whats next. (pvp>pve for me in every mmo)
    Options
  • jquestb16_ESO2
    I played PvP all weekend and it ran great in large scale fights on Wabba so much fun. Average FPS 70-90, large fights it would drop to around 20, anything above12 is playable. If you look at other games like GW2 in large scale fights FPS drops super low as well, and tons of people disconnect and it's been out for 2 years lol. Before the patch I would run and then get stuck on an invisible rock or something and nothing would work.

People can complain that's fine but it's waaaaaaaaay better then it was so it's a step in the right direction.
    Edited by jquestb16_ESO2 on 14 July 2014 20:57
    Options
  • Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on AMD CPU, turn off many of the eye candy settings.

Only three games scale well on the AMD 8-core cpus. The rest are sitting on 1-2 cores like TESO. And even if you overclock to 5Ghz you will be a lot slower than an Intel i5 at stock speeds.

Had one, got me to frustrating levels of performance especially when Rome 2 came out. My i5 laptop, was faster to process turns than my FX8350 at 5Ghz desktop.
    Switched to i7 and never going to look back.

As for the game, indeed, turn off Ambient Occlusion, and high quality shadows when you go to Cyrodiil. Helps a lot keeping the fps 60+ even on very big fights.

(tbh I am impressed that can pull so much fps. BF4 with less people and is even worst)

Never have an issue with my 8350 and this game. My i7 4770k only runs this game with an extra 4-5fps over the 8350 (in the highend) not really anything to write home about. Definitely nothing to start claiming that if you're running an AMD CPU you need to turn off many of the eye candy settings.

Also for the record, my laptop is an A-10 5750M with a 7970M and runs the game with everything cranked at a solid 60fps in most areas, with drops in town or large groups, but nothing under 30fps. The 5750M is a very poor performer in comparison to the 8350 or i5/i7 and if your claim is true should be struggling to even play it.

Basic circle of complaints on ESO Forums:
    1) Users: Fix game/class/bug
    2) Zenimax Online: Brings servers down and fixes issues and deploys patches.
    3) Users: OMG SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!!!
    4) Zenimax Online: Brings servers back up!
    5) See 1)

VR10 Sword and Board Templar (Heavy Armour), Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 25 Sorcerer, Daggerfall Covenant
    LVL 28 DK, Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 15 Nightblade, Altmari Dominion
    Options
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I played PvP all weekend and it ran great in large scale fights on Wabba so much fun. Average FPS 70-90, large fights it would drop to around 20, anything above12 is playable. If you look at other games like GW2 in large scale fights FPS drops super low as well, and tons of people disconnect and it's been out for 2 years lol. Before the patch I would run and then get stuck on an invisible rock or something and nothing would work.

People can complain that's fine but it's waaaaaaaaay better then it was so it's a step in the right direction.

GW2 is not a sub based game though... We were promised large scale PvP with minimal lag. When we get it it's the most fun I've ever had in any MMO I have ever played. Seriously the PvP is just outstanding in this game. When it works...
    :trollin:
    Options
  • tino.antoninieb17_ESO
    Guys i really dont get why all the time talk about your specs when all rigs and component u mention are much much better then minimal configuration ZOS published. All rigs running minimal configuration should do the trick. Dont doubt your rigs - flaw is on ZOS side. For example my components are worse by far then all u mention and still i run battles ( 50vs50 ) on 25 fps. How would u explain that if u still think that components are key for this problem. Simply ZOS have to repair performance ( not for me for sure - i am now after hotfixes in good shape coz i almost never drop below 20). Why i am posting on this thread - coz i want good game with lot of players . Ball is still with ZOS.
    Edited by tino.antoninieb17_ESO on 15 July 2014 07:27
    Options
  • Kraeius
    Kraeius
    ✭✭
    I'm playing on laptop so I have disadvantages but especially game is unplayable in large scale pvp areas for me. My rig has i7, 8gb ram and GT 650M which normally gives me +-30FPS with medium-high custom settings on wilderness.

When it comes to Cyrodiil pvp though, in a large scale war, my FPS is around 10 and I just run around without purpose, because screen freezes dramatically. So I can't join attacks and can't make any pvp.

Except that, FPS drops on 25 when it's night and there are many lights around. It also drops on when raining though with closing rain splashes from UserSettings.ini I could surpass that.

Especially when there is a magic used around my character like fires on ground, arcane explosions or something like Dragonknight Banner etc, FPS drop is dramatic.

I love the game as being someone with 7 years of MMO experience on 5-6 different games and personally all I ask from this game for now, is a performance tweak.

As others mentioned, game is not using hardware capacities at maximum. GPU and CPU could be used at their max capacity and so we could get some more FPS.

I hope, ZOS make it their priority.
    RAETIA InfoHub | @Kraeius (PC - EU Megaserver)
    Options
  • davedesigns
    davedesigns
    ✭✭✭
    Kraeius wrote: »
    Especially when there is a magic used around my character like fires on ground, arcane explosions or something like Dragonknight Banner etc, FPS drop is dramatic.

As others mentioned, game is not using hardware capacities at maximum. GPU and CPU could be used at their max capacity and so we could get some more FPS.

Agree!
    Options
  • Elf_Boy
    Elf_Boy
    ✭✭✭
    If you are on AMD CPU, turn off many of the eye candy settings.

Only three games scale well on the AMD 8-core cpus. The rest are sitting on 1-2 cores like TESO. And even if you overclock to 5Ghz you will be a lot slower than an Intel i5 at stock speeds.

That sounds like an Intel press release, not so sure it matches the real world. Check my specs. My FPS is fine with everything cranked.

** Asus Crosshair VI Hero, Ryzen 1800x, 64GB DDR4 @ 3000, GTX 1080 ti, 4K Samsung 3d Display m.2 Sata 3 Boot Drive, m.2 x4 nvme Game Drive **
    Options
This discussion has been closed.