The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Your CPU for those with and without FPS issues

• Sindala
    Sindala
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run an Intel i7 and have no fps issues
    No FPS issues. (seriously, it never drops below 60 now no matter where I am)
    i7-4710HQ @ 2.5Hz (3.5Hz overclocking)
    NVIDIA GTX 860M 2gb
    16Gb Ram DDR3
    1Tb hard drive 7200Rpm plus 256G SSD (super raid)
    Win 8.1 64bit
    UK to Euro server.
    Being First is not the prize, it just mean's everyone can stab you in the back.
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run an Intel i5 and have no fps issues
    fosley_ESO wrote: »
    What exactly does "fps issues" mean? I'm pretty certain most of the people here could set it to low settings and peg it at monitor refresh rates, so it's not like the game doesn't run.

I can tell you from past experience (Rift) when you drop to 1-4 FPS (Frames per Second) it isn't much difference than watching screen shots of your action. Yes, some folks confuse FPS with Latency and other issues but it's fair to say the folks here getting 0-8 FPS in large battles in Cyro certainly know the difference and can competently say it's unplayable. Also, everyone who is experiencing issues has tried everything (on their end) so saying that you're pretty sure low setting would fix it is naive at best.
  • Ninnghizhidda
    Ninnghizhidda
    ✭✭✭✭
    Win 7 Pro 64 bit
    Intel I5-3570 3.40GHZ
    ASUS GTX560 Ti DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5
    Corsair Vengeance® — 16GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9)

Using the original NVidia drivers the GPU card came with, have not upgraded them since.

Having no real fps issues, never had. Except for the very rare momentary "hiccup" that might last a second or two (encountered just a handful of times in all the time I have been playing ESO, since the Beta days).
  • fosley_ESO
    fosley_ESO
    ✭✭
    I am very aware of what playing games at 2 fps is like. My question is, for the purposes of this poll, what exactly constitutes "fps issues"? Is it only a problem if framerates drop into the single digits on low settings? Or is it a problem if you ever see 59 fps on a 60 Hz monitor at maxed settings?

What I think is perfectly acceptable framerates could be unplayable to someone else. If you're going to do a poll like this, you kind of need to eliminate the subjective, and go for the objective.
    Edited by fosley_ESO on 8 July 2014 08:03
  • Meogi
    Meogi
    I run an Intel i5 and HAVE fps issues
    My FPS issues are best described as lag spikes in certain areas. However my normal FPS is around 50, so its easy to reach critical low limit.

Windows 7 Enterprise, 64 bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3.10 GHz
    8 GB RAM
    AMD Radeon HD 6800
  • andreasv
    andreasv
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I7 4770k
    GTX 770
    16GB RAM

EU server. Used to have incredibly bad lag from 1.2.3, which got better with a hotfix that followed and disappeared after 1.2.4. But never experienced any of those single digits FPS.
  • T3hOwnage69
    T3hOwnage69
    ✭✭
    I run an AMD processor and HAVE fps issues
    I run with amd fx4130 ati radeon hd 7770 1gb with 8 gb ram windows 7
  • ZOS_MichelleA
    ZOS_MichelleA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @T3hOwnage69, have you patched our hotfix and tried the play the game? Are you still experiencing these issues?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • Snowballer23
    i5-3570
    gigabyte gtx 660 OC
    8gb RAM
    Windows 7 64-bit
    337.88 gpu driver

60fps in normal situations, 9fps in big fights or big mob pulls
    EU server

I am at work now, i try tonight the hotfix
    Edited by Snowballer23 on 8 July 2014 08:25
  • T3hOwnage69
    T3hOwnage69
    ✭✭
    @T3hOwnage69, have you patched our hotfix and tried the play the game? Are you still experiencing these issues?

I havent been able to login yet after the most recent patch still at work atm will post again if anything changed
  • Tarrin
    Tarrin
    ✭✭✭
    I run an Intel i7 and HAVE fps issues
    I have stable "6" FPS after update. Thank you for this stability.

i7 970
    12gb RAM
    Nvidia GTX 670
    Edited by Tarrin on 8 July 2014 08:53
    Samurai without a sword
    Like a samurai with the sword
    But without the sword
  • cracker81
    cracker81
    ✭✭✭
    You know they are trying to fix the issue. At least the game is live well they are looking. They could shut down server till completed and return money. I think ppl would go ape $&@! Though. 1. They don't want to go back to where ever and then u got a gamer with time. I can see trolling forums, trying to log in, and the breaking crap or read stuff phase. To me it is not about money addict to ESO ppl going ape $&@!
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry but this is very bad survey, because for total majority of people fps is an issue only in large cyrodiil battles.
    But anyone can vote, so there will be plenty of votes for no issue from players who never do pvp, making the whole survey complete bust.

win 7
    gtx 760 2gb ocII
    8 gb ram

and
    Auralia wrote: »
    Yeah should list whether you do pvp or not.

totally agree. cant someone make a new and improved poll? i cant seem to figure out how

And there is not even an option for older cpus. There are pre-i5 cpus out there totally capable of handling this game, such as the fastest core2quad intel cpus.

So, if OP planned to make some kind of argument around, "people with slower cpus are the ones having the problem", or "people with/out intel", the poll is useless to investigate the fps drop issue. And I say drop because it may seem some people think having the game on ultra and seeing 18fps is part of the issue.

I play in an i7-3770k in my main computer but some weekends I stay at my parents home I still use an older Q6600 oced @3,4Ghz that its been sitting there for ages. I can not notice any kind of improvement relating the fps drop issues when I play in the i7.

This issue is not Cyrodil related only, Im dropping from high 60s (q6600) or 80s (i7) to like 5-12fps in both comps without any reason in PVE VR areas as well as in Cyrodil (and in pve I dont need any kind of crowd or high load zone, so its not directly related to lack of horsepower).

It then goes up to like 15-25fps after that and remains there, not going back to 60s/80s until I relaunch the client (and surprise, being in the same zone killing the same mobs dont make my fps drop again..).
  • Sangeet
    Sangeet
    ✭✭✭
    i7 2600k , 16 Gig ram / Nvidia GTX 770, i had the issue, normally 60-90 fps, till the bug happens, then 5 fps.
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    i7 990x
    24GB RAM
    2x Nvidia GTX 580 (340.43)
    Win7 Ult
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run an AMD processor and have no fps issues
    FX-6300
    ASUS 2GB GTX660 x2 in SLI
    16GB RAM
    Windows 8.1

My CPU is definitely my bottleneck, since I'll go down to 35-40fps in populated areas with everything maxed, but it stays between 50-60 mostly on high settings with some settings maxed.

No big FPS drops to single digits ever.
    Edited by Sallington on 8 July 2014 13:50
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you to everyone who participated in my poll.

I know some people complained (shocker) that I didn't include a few things. I purposefully did not differentiate between PvP and PvE because BOTH are issues even if PvP is admittedly worse. I for example, do not PvP. However, since the latest patch there are spots on the maps where my PvE FPS will go from 40 - 50+ to under 20 fps. That NEVER happened pre-patch. In fact, pre-patch my FPS were so high that I had a draw distance of 90 and everything on ultra and only in a VERY crowded towns would I drop to the lows 30s.

I also did not include mobile and legacy CPUs. I didn't include them because it added more complexity to the poll than was needed. If people with i7s and i5s along with AMD users (as this poll showed) are all having issues with FPS, what does it really matter if we can also include more chips in that list?

The goal was to see if there was any consistency in major hardware with people who did have FPS drops to those who did not. I made the poll question focus on the CPU first while requesting other major components as well such as GPU, RAM, OS, and driver version.

I have read every comment in this thread (positive, negative, and neutral) and I genuinely thank everybody who took their time to post. We may not always agree here as a community, but I do like how we all (or most of us) are personally interested and invested in seeing ESO succeed.
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • Kaloran
    Kaloran
    ✭✭✭
    I run an AMD processor and have no fps issues
    Will leave specs when I get home this evening.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • mad.ferretb16_ESO
    Window 7
    I7 3770k @3.8-4.2Ghz
    8GB Ram DDR (2100?)
    GTX 660 2GB OC, 1366x767 @60fps
    Edited by mad.ferretb16_ESO on 8 July 2014 21:16
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    by the look of the votes its probably not the processor.

but meh...

Asus Crosshair V-Z
    FX-8350 @ 4100mhz
    MSI R9 290X Lightning (with the new bios)
    16gb ram @ 2400mhz
    win 7 ultimate

Oh and I also didn't see that there was a hotfix before I saw this thread... have to see if I even still have issues.

Well, wish I could change my vote because everything is fine once again, like before 1.2.3. FPS dont die and they go back up once I leave the area of combat.
    Edited by demonlkojipub19_ESO on 8 July 2014 22:31
  • MfcSnowy
    MfcSnowy
    Soul Shriven
    I'm running on what seems to be an older setup than most of you here:
    • Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @2.4Ghz
    • 8GB DDR2 800Mhz RAM
    • Gainward GeForce GT730 1GB GDDR3 Graphics
    • Windows 8.1 Pro

I'm running on mainly medium settings with High Textures, High Water Effects, AA x2 in 1360x768 resolution. I get around 30-40FPS which I think is a decent framerate for a machine that is around 8 years old with the CPU and RAM spec.
  • Crowzer
    Crowzer
    ✭✭✭
    AMD Phenom X4 @4ghz / 6770 1 GO O/C and 8 GO DDR3. In Cyrodiil my framrate is contant when suddently, I got 4-5 secondes freezes.
    Edited by Crowzer on 5 February 2015 19:07
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i5 3470
    8 gig ram
    Radeon 7850 2gb
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Edited by phairdon on 5 February 2015 20:18
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • zward887_ESO
    zward887_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I run an Intel i5 and HAVE fps issues
    Edit: Just realized this thread is necro'd from July 2014... glad to see we're all still having FPS issues though!

System: Windows 8.1 64-bit
    Processor: i5-2500K CPU @ 4.30 GHz
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    GPU 1: Sapphire Radeon R9 290
    GPU 2: Sapphire Radeon R9 290
    GPU Drivers: Catalyst Omega 14.12

Constant FPS issues. As you can see in the afterburner screen capture below, it sits happily at 100 FPS until once every 15 minutes my FPS just plummets for about 30 seconds (its the spiky region in the top chart in green). This happens once every 10-15 minutes or so, in the pick below it happened during an NPC conversation. Otherwise as I move around and play my FPS will drop into the 30s and 40s quite frequently depending on the number of players in my draw distance.

FPSIssues_zps25e427be.png
    Edited by zward887_ESO on 5 February 2015 19:34
  • Alphashado
    Alphashado
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GTX 770
    16GB RAM
    Windows 7 Pro

I run on Ultra with grass effects turned off (mainly because it's easier to see gathering nodes) And I very seldom drop below 40 FPS. Most of the time I am capped at 60 with Sync turned on. With Sync turned off, I run at 100 FPS
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Windows 7 Pro
    Core i73770K
    Asus 290X Direct CUii

Based on the poll I'd say the issue isn't processor related.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Haqikah
    Haqikah
    ✭✭✭
    Europe
    CPU I-7-3770K @ 3.5GHz, running on 3.9GHz
    OS Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit
    RAM: 32 GB
    GPU GForce GTX680
    Internet connection: 24MBits
  • Der_Deutsche_Hase
    Windows 7 64bit
    AMD A6 processor Quad Core
    AMD integrated Graphics(I run laptop)
    4GB RAM

I run my graphics on high, but during big fights and PvP my FPS goes down the drain.
    Edited by Der_Deutsche_Hase on 5 February 2015 19:52
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In a crowded Cyrodiil battle, I don't have FPS issues. I have SPF issues.

Otherwise, generally fine.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Intel Core i7 4820K 3.7Ghz
    GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB
    Crucial M550 SSD 512GB
    32 GB of RAM
    32 mbs internet
    Edited by Kartalin on 5 February 2015 19:58
    • PC/NA