The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Your CPU for those with and without FPS issues

• Armianlee
    Armianlee
    ✭✭✭
    I run an Intel i7 and have no fps issues
    i7-4770k with dual 290x, 16GB RAM - No issues
    FX-8350 with 7950Ghz, 8GB RAM - No issues
    FX-6300 with dual 7770, 4GB RAM - No issues
    Phenom 2 X6 with Geforce 670, 4GB RAM - Issues

Haven't tried since patch on any system. Will update if there is a difference.
    Edited by Armianlee on 7 July 2014 23:37
    Basic circle of complaints on ESO Forums:
    1) Users: Fix game/class/bug
    2) Zenimax Online: Brings servers down and fixes issues and deploys patches.
    3) Users: OMG SERVERS ARE DOWN!!!!!
    4) Zenimax Online: Brings servers back up!
    5) See 1)

VR10 Sword and Board Templar (Heavy Armour), Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 25 Sorcerer, Daggerfall Covenant
    LVL 28 DK, Ebonheart Pact
    LVL 15 Nightblade, Altmari Dominion
  • psychoman88ub17_ESO
    I run an AMD processor and HAVE fps issues
    zyr1987 wrote: »
    Falmer wrote: »
    I notice most people don't put their VRAM on their GPUs. I would say that is most likely the culprit that so many people are overlooking.

How do i check this?

I would suggest try Googling your GPU?

Really...

• thorntk421
    thorntk421
    ✭✭✭
    I run an AMD processor and have no fps issues
    I notice most people don't put their VRAM on their GPUs. I would say that is most likely the culprit that so many people are overlooking.

How do i check this?

Really...

Yeah...Google your GPU model and you can find the specs if you don't know them..
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I run an Intel i5 and HAVE fps issues
    i5 2500k and sometimes my FPS drops to 4~2(CPU use at ~50%), only in PvP.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on 8 July 2014 00:08
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Falmer
    Falmer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run an Intel i5 and have no fps issues
    thorntk421 wrote: »

How do i check this?

Really...

Yeah...Google your GPU model and you can find the specs if you don't know them..

Or... you can just run DxDiag, which is much easier and will give you an actual result for your hardware.

Just type dxdiag in your start menu search bar and hit enter.... when the window pops up, choose the display tab. Your GPU info is right there.
  • psychoman88ub17_ESO
    I was asking how to put Vram on GPU, I know my specs
  • indytims_ESO
    indytims_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I7, 16gb RAM, nVidia 760, Win 7.
    No FPS issues as long as I have nothing running in background.

Wife has:
    I7, 8gb RAM, nVidia 560ti, Win7.
    No FPS issues, as long as she has nothing running in the background.
  • eonowakb16_ESO
    eonowakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    This dicussion and poll is completly unnecessary...

Before Patch 1.2.3 for everything was working relativly nice for everyone in Cyrodil, regarding FPS. They have introduced some new lightning model, and maybe also some new way how to handle particles. Particles are mostly emmted from healing skills but also from some other skills.

For my part i have no issue with cyrodil, playing it for 5 up 120 Minutes - everything works fine....perfect FPS...after some time the client get in some kind of bad state, and lowers the GPU ressources. We have no CPU or whatever issue here, just somekind of bad programming

Jerak Arenreth - legendär in Glenumbra - legendär überall
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    I run an Intel i7 and HAVE fps issues
    There's a factor missing from this poll that could make it misleading. How many folks that are not experiencing any FPS issues are spending any time in Cyrodiil?

I haven't experienced any FPS issues in PvE. Only in Cyrodiil around medium-large scale battles.
    Edited by nukeyoo on 8 July 2014 00:17
    - done w/ it
  • ers101284b14_ESO
    ers101284b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I5 3570k
    16 GB Ram
    AMD HD Radeon 7970

0 issues!

I had a Asus P8ZVLK motherboard and never got above 59 FPS.
    Upgraded to an AS Rock extreme 4 and now get up to 100 FPS
    Edited by ers101284b14_ESO on 8 July 2014 00:19
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amd 8350 8 core
    nvidia titan

might have to relog once a night to clear fps. No problems otherwise.
    Meh...**** it..
  • thorntk421
    thorntk421
    ✭✭✭

Before Patch 1.2.3 for everything was working relativly nice for everyone in Cyrodil, regarding FPS. They have introduced some new lightning model, and maybe also some new way how to handle particles. Particles are mostly emmted from healing skills but also from some other skills.

For my part i have no issue with cyrodil, playing it for 5 up 120 Minutes - everything works fine....perfect FPS...after some time the client get in some kind of bad state, and lowers the GPU ressources. We have no CPU or whatever issue here, just somekind of bad programming

If it was bad programming would it not be effecting everyone? When, clearly it isn't. Not saying there isn't some bad code or optimization somewhere but, just seems like more people would be having the problems.
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If it was bad programming would it not be effecting everyone? When, clearly it isn't. Not saying there isn't some bad code or optimization somewhere but, just seems like more people would be having the problems.

It started happening for many after the new lighting patch which points directly at that patch.
  • eonowakb16_ESO
    eonowakb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

To be clear...we are talking about FPS Issues in Cyrodil or in Genral? i have none in every PvE Area. But still a lot in Cyrodil, that leads to the conclusion it has to be a bad code issue. And that was already comfirmed by ZOS - but it seems also the new patch does not fix it...
    Jerak Arenreth - legendär in Glenumbra - legendär überall
  • Mordria
    Mordria
    ✭✭✭✭
    FPS runs between 42-60.1 Usually stays right around 60

i7-4770K
    EVGA GTX 780
    16GB ram
    MSI 787-GD65 motherboard
    Edited by Mordria on 8 July 2014 00:46
  • jamie.goddenrwb17_ESO
    Old i7 930 overclocked to 3.5ghz
    12gb ram @‌ 1680mhz
    2x GeForce 660ti in sli.

Frame rate bottoms out when spell effects are plentiful.
    Was much smoother prior to 1.2.
    I can has typing!
  • Brandoid
    Brandoid
    ✭✭✭
    win8.1 64bit
    i5-3470 3.2GHz(3.4 turbo)
    HD7850 2GB VRAM
    8GB 1600MHz RAM

Edit: I haven't engaged in any large battles recently, but I have been brought to ~12fps before.
    Edited by Brandoid on 8 July 2014 00:41
    Brandoid - Templar - Ebonheart Pack
  • AngryWolf
    AngryWolf
    ✭✭✭
    Why the CPU..what about the GPU?
  • Istyar
    Istyar
    ✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    Istyar wrote: »
    My laptop:

I5 3337U - 2.8Ghz
    4Gb RAM DDR3 1600Mhz
    Nvidia GT 730M - 128bits/725 MHz- 2G DDR3/2000 MHz
    HD 1TB Samsung 7200 RPM

Running game on max settings (Water and Shadows at medium) with 50FPS+ (crowded areas like trading cities i'm getting 30FPS+)

You should turn them up to high if you're getting 50fps on medium. No one can really see a difference in fps after 30, but high shadows make a big difference for small objects like grass.

I have an Nvidia 560m and run everything on high. I get between 20-25 fps and the game looks great without any input lag. I don't get why people are so obsessed with fps since the eye can't really detect that many frames going by (unless they were playing in 3D).

I don't know how you can play with 20-25FPS you should lower your configs to get a decent FPS dude... Why people still say that "the human eye can't notice diferente between 30, 40... 60 FPS in games"
    OFC theres a lot of diference. Check it: http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

I realy prefer play with ugly graphics with a good FPS than play with that lag.
    Istyar ~ Sorcerer - Aldmeri Dominion - Savior of Nirn - Hero of Tamriel

Istyar, the old sorcerer from Summerset Isles, Master of the Old Ways of the Psjiic Order and Grand Master of the Illusion and Mysticism Divison of Aldmeri Dominion Army.

Check the UESP and learn more about TES universe: https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
  • deruddb14_ESO
    deruddb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    My FPS is a yo-yo.
    i7-4820K
    32 Gigs RAM
    MSI GTX 780 Gamer OC

Can hit 80 FPS, then move a few meters and it drops down to 7 FPS, then 30, 40 and so forth. Open areas, dungeons, cities. No pattern.
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting poll results.

When I made this poll my intention was to see if there was any pattern with major PC components in users who experienced FPS drops (PvP or PvE) and those who didn't.

However, to clarify, I do NOT think the core problem is that of end-user. We can all agree the latest patch gave many users a significant drop in performance.

The perplexing question to me is, why do some users get hit with the issue while others do not? At first I thought maybe it is a CPU issue... perhaps the latest patch wasn't optimized for certain instruction sets or maybe it was inefficiently threading across multiple CPU cores...

Or maybe it was a memory issue primarily, or perhaps an operation system...

I would love to know what it is exactly that I could change / upgrade / or modify to get things more smooth while Zenimax sorts things out...
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SFBryan18 wrote: »
    My laptop:

I5 3337U - 2.8Ghz
    4Gb RAM DDR3 1600Mhz
    Nvidia GT 730M - 128bits/725 MHz- 2G DDR3/2000 MHz
    HD 1TB Samsung 7200 RPM

Running game on max settings (Water and Shadows at medium) with 50FPS+ (crowded areas like trading cities i'm getting 30FPS+)

You should turn them up to high if you're getting 50fps on medium. No one can really see a difference in fps after 30, but high shadows make a big difference for small objects like grass.

I have an Nvidia 560m and run everything on high. I get between 20-25 fps and the game looks great without any input lag. I don't get why people are so obsessed with fps since the eye can't really detect that many frames going by (unless they were playing in 3D).

I don't know how you can play with 20-25FPS you should lower your configs to get a decent FPS dude... Why people still say that "the human eye can't notice diferente between 30, 40... 60 FPS in games"
    OFC theres a lot of diference. Check it: http://boallen.com/fps-compare.html

I realy prefer play with ugly graphics with a good FPS than play with that lag.

Low textures and shadows are much more noticeable. Most games only run at 30fps and most HD TV's only play at 30fps. The game is much more beautiful in HD than at a higher frame rate. And like I said, I don't notice any input lag at all. The obsession with a high frame rate is a little ridiculous.
  • Kybotica
    Kybotica
    ✭✭✭
    Intel i7-4770k 3.5 Ghz 8MB cache quad core

with a
    3GB ATI Radeon HD7970

I said I have no issues, but I do have *SOME* slowdown. I get down into the low 20s where I used to be upper 50s. I said "i get no issues" because my problem seems to be far less pronounced and much more manageable than those others seem to be having.
    M'iaq the Honest- PC/NA
    EP Khajiit Nightblade
    Guild of Shadows
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gen 1 Core i5 2.8ghz (not overclocked)
    8 gb Corsair RAM 1600mhz
    GTX 560 Ti 1gb (not overclocked or SLi) [Driver 337.88]
    Win 7 pro 64bit
    Playing to Dual 24" L.E.D. monitors @‌ 1980x1080, 60hz
    All setting maxed except draw distance at 50, VSynv off.
    Time Warner Cable 30Mb internet, Kansas USA

*To clarify I DO have some issues in Cyro mine just aren't as bad as most are. I average ~30 FPS at keeps in large battles, compared to many who are getting screen shots. PvE I have no issue whatsoever.
    Edited by DeLindsay on 8 July 2014 01:36
  • Mordria
    Mordria
    ✭✭✭✭
    someuser wrote: »
    Interesting poll results.

When I made this poll my intention was to see if there was any pattern with major PC components in users who experienced FPS drops (PvP or PvE) and those who didn't.

However, to clarify, I do NOT think the core problem is that of end-user. We can all agree the latest patch gave many users a significant drop in performance.

The perplexing question to me is, why do some users get hit with the issue while others do not? At first I thought maybe it is a CPU issue... perhaps the latest patch wasn't optimized for certain instruction sets or maybe it was inefficiently threading across multiple CPU cores...

Or maybe it was a memory issue primarily, or perhaps an operation system...

I would love to know what it is exactly that I could change / upgrade / or modify to get things more smooth while Zenimax sorts things out...

There are just too many different combinations of computer components for everyone to have the same issues and probably makes trouble shooting it from their end very difficult. If we all had the exact same computers we would probably all have very similar issues that would be easier to fix.

I would first disable all of your add-ons then just mess around with all your settings. After that, if it's running ok, re-enable add-ons one at a time and see if performance drops.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i5-2550k
    32gb of Ram
    ROG - Asus Motherboard, Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen-3
    Dual GTX 660 ti SLI
    Win7 Ultimate 64-bit

Everything is at Max settings, as Geforce Experience has recommended. I also play in Windowed mode, max view. I like having my taskbar visible as I can see my local time and change songs on winamp without having to alt-tab out.

I looked up the i7-3770k and it's only a 1.4% improvement on performance over an i5-2550k for more than $150 difference, just didn't seem worth getting.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on 8 July 2014 01:44
  • EJRose83
    EJRose83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm running on an intel i5 2.3ghz, 4 gigs of RAM (not sure how many mega hertz) & an nvidia 550m. It's not so much of an FPS issue, as it is objects and textures failing to load properly in the world since patch 1.2.3. Rather game breaking considering I'm constantly being killed by invisible enemies and/or i'll hitting a load screen in the middle of combat, only for the load to complete and to see my character has died during the down time. I'm a loyal subscriber though (six months in advance) and just hope this issue is fixed so I can get back into the game.
    Edited by EJRose83 on 8 July 2014 01:47
    - Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent =D
    - Xbox One Console Transferer
    - Gamer Tag: EJRose83
    - Previous LOTRO & SWTOR Player
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AMD 965 4 Core OCed to 3.9 460 GTX 8 gigs of 1333hmz ram
    No issues really in PVE however in PVP in large battle FPS drops to single digits ....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also notice how many people are having issues compared to those that are not... Its over half !!!!!!!!!
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you put no "other" choice thus leaving people with older cpus unable to vote nor see the poll results unless you fake the vote. Wich means, how many will have done it so far?

Id say worst poll, but it would barely be the worst poll of the hour. Not that much of an achievement.