Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is it time for me to unsub?

• drogon1
    drogon1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well written post by the OP, and I hope the devs are reading it. OP ignore the fanbois who troll this forum (remember that this forum is only accessible to current subs; think of all the folks who have already left and taken their voices with them).
  • Misty
    Misty
    ✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »
    Shudders*** MMO on consoles...

It's hard to imagine how that could work. Maybe it's just the shooter part of the game. ;)

• tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swordguy wrote: »
    PC version of ESO is a Beta Test to weed out issues for when they launch on console, not much more. anyone who can't see this is burying their head in the sand to ignore the obvious. I'm almost tempted to abandon everything I've done so far, wait and buy a ps4 when ESO launches on console and start over fresh. Its that or nothing with the direction the pc version is headed at this time.

You think it's going to get better on the console? They are just going to port over the PC version to Consoles, you'll be shelling out cash for nothing.
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭
    You think it's going to get better on the console? They are just going to port over the PC version to Consoles, you'll be shelling out cash for nothing.

And you'll be playing with only other console players, who won't bother using keyboards, so there goes the social aspect of the game. You'll also be using a controller which means everyone is going to completely suck equally in PVE and PVP. ESO for console is going to either be or just seem completely and utterly dead if it even comes out, which I doubt it will.
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you have made some good points well Ash.

'Reusing' content is my personal pet peeve - I feel such a traitor discovering content on my VR AD character instead of my character whose heart lies with The Pact. I trust though that the producers did their market research and made their own discovery that altaholics were in the minority. It's never been my experience (I think individual games determine how appealing or unappealing playing several characters is), but perhaps it is our fault as a community for using the tags 'main' and 'alt'.

For this reason, I hope that content is added laterally so filling my 8 character slots with more than mules is a more attractive prospect in future.

I also wish they would reverse the decision to start new characters on the mainland after they leave The Wailing Prison. Give older players an option to leave with their X levels by all means, but consider the completely new players who have no idea they just missed a whole 3-5 levels of tutorial type content and wonder why their character feels so useless.

My only nitpick with your OP, and I am guessing you are N. American :p, is the game has been out for only two months. Not three.
  • EliteZ
    EliteZ
    ✭✭✭
    Every point you made, besides maybe 6 and 7, is the same in every MMO available, some worse some not as bad. So if you're considering cancelling your sub over them, you shouldn't be looking at MMOs in the first place.
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    Ashlynne I agree 100% just the fact as a developer you raise the lvl cap after very/extremely short time, that must be a bad sign
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    KariTR wrote: »
    I think you have made some good points well Ash.

'Reusing' content is my personal pet peeve - I feel such a traitor discovering content on my VR AD character instead of my character whose heart lies with The Pact. I trust though that the producers did their market research and made their own discovery that altaholics were in the minority. It's never been my experience (I think individual games determine how appealing or unappealing playing several characters is), but perhaps it is our fault as a community for using the tags 'main' and 'alt'.

For this reason, I hope that content is added laterally so filling my 8 character slots with more than mules is a more attractive prospect in future.

I also wish they would reverse the decision to start new characters on the mainland after they leave The Wailing Prison. Give older players an option to leave with their X levels by all means, but consider the completely new players who have no idea they just missed a whole 3-5 levels of tutorial type content and wonder why their character feels so useless.

My only nitpick with your OP, and I am guessing you are N. American :p, is the game has been out for only two months. Not three.

Ahh you got me there, I've never been good with time. ;) 2, 3... meh. lol :)
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    B1oodcrow wrote: »
    Why do you need to post on a forum whether you need to unsub? Shouldn't you be able to answer this question yourself?

It was an internal question that was given voice. This post is intended to start a conversation and gather feedback to carefully weigh. :)

You know this kind of flame baits and 'suicide letters' are against the forum rules?
    Just unsub already if you aren't having fun
    Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on 29 May 2014 09:09
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    so we should ignore people with problems, and ignore people that need to express what they feel "ok" that will help the gamecommunity
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indarqeen wrote: »
    so we should ignore people with problems, and ignore people that need to express what they feel "ok" that will help the gamecommunity

No we should ignore blatant flame baits. This forum is to discuss issues with the game, not the OP problems
  • terence.caroneb17_ESO
    My sub (in fact a game card) goes until early july. I'll quit if less than 90% of the bugs are not fixed till then.
    Zenimax has got to apologize and explain how they're gonna change the way they do things. So many people are disappointed by their lack of work, lack of good judgement, lack of sincerity about what they do ...

I spent the last days more on the forums than in game cause I don't enjoy my templar anymore (which was a weak class for melee combat before, but now it's unplayable). Loading screens popping out of nowhere, grouping system broken, compass getting stuck, textures not appearing or really slowly, craglorn which is a farm fest (why didn't they try to make it an instanced zone all together instead of just another zone with instanced dungeons which, by the way, don't give you interesting loot even when it's blue or violet).

So much stuff not working, so much content not finished, not balanced, so much class imbalance, so many exploits, people getting their account hacked (one of my guildmate), people not being able to log in, rollbacks ...

I'll go play something else and drop by a few minutes every now and then see if Zenimax saved their baby or just drowned it a bit more.
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    so that's not a problem/issue with the game ?
  • mutharex
    mutharex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so that's not a problem/issue with the game ?

Seems more a problem with life and reality,really.
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    terence.caroneb17_ESO you'll not walk alone
  • Teevesnacks
    Teevesnacks
    ✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff? o/

Nooooo I want his stuff!!!
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    5. Class Imbalances - I'm one of the fortunate few that really dedicates myself to being a Templar healer, and thus have not experienced much class imbalance. However, I am fully aware of the extreme imbalance that exists not only in PvP but in PvE. When you get an optimal Craglorn group that can smash it in 11 minutes with 1 Templar Healer and nothing but Sorc's and DK's, you have a problem. I feel for my fellow guildies who play classes that have not only been bugged, but are imbalanced. No need for me to rehash the imbalances as I'm sure most of you are fully aware of them.

Yes, we do. But ZOS doesn't. You'd think that trials would show which class are the best for dps and that can heal just as good at the same time, but somehow they just don't get it.

Edited by anakaki on 29 May 2014 09:38
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How come every quit the game thread is a huge wall of words from someone who thinks their experience and thoughts shed enlighten us on the subject we have experienced for ourselves. Like this one, these threads often could have been said in 1/3 the space and would not lose anyone so quickly.

To everyone else, if you are going to quit the game, just quit. We do not need a dissertation on the matter.
  • true2moon_ESO
    true2moon_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How come every quit the game thread is a huge wall of words from someone who thinks their experience and thoughts shed enlighten us on the subject we have experienced for ourselves. Like this one, these threads often could have been said in 1/3 the space and would not lose anyone so quickly.

To everyone else, if you are going to quit the game, just quit. We do not need a dissertation on the matter.

to the number people that quit and leave info there is probably 10 or more who didnt. Personally I unsubbed, and was pissed off enough to want to give some feedback about it. You might not like it as a fanboi, but its good for the devs to hear this. Because if everyone was a little fanboi and just said nice things, nothing good would come to this game. It takes people getting pissed and saying something about it for things to get changed and fixed. I make games myself, and I can tell you that the majority of time that negative feedback is much better then positive feedback because it gives you ideas of what needs to be addressed.

I really liked this game, I defended this game hundreds of times when people were hating on it, and now to see it go the lack luster direction it has, its kind of upsetting to me.

Maybe you dont play as much as I did, but I think eventually you might understand what people are mad about and why they make posts like this. You dont need to be a fanboi all your life trying to stick up for the devs like a total suck up, because personally I doubt they care just like no one here who is leaving this info cares about your ass kissing.
    Edited by true2moon_ESO on 29 May 2014 09:59
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭

To start, you aren't required to read any posts on this forum. However, this is an open forum for subscribers and I have the right to post, just as you have the right to whine about me posting. It took me a long time to make my first post on these forums, and of course, I meet up with a troll like you trolling me for making one.

I used to defend ZOS too, just like you. I play so many hours a day I'm embarrassed to admit how many they truly are. I kept believing that the things I noticed would get fixed and they didn't. They continued to pile up with each patch. Some patches introduced more bugs than they fixed. There are huge issues going on that many casual players may not even be aware of. Did you notice Wabbajack Cyrodiil is offline today? I was in Roebeck when that happened, defending our Emperorship, and at the precipice of losing/keeping it, the entire Wabbajack campaign crashed with all of us inside.

4 hours later, yes FOUR, we finally heard from a dev saying they were aware that there is an issue and they are working on it. Until then, no one said a word and everyone who was in Wabbajack Cyrodiil was stuck in an endless character loading screen, not sure if we maintained Emperorship or not. That may not seem like a big deal to you, but we spent days and long sleepless nights securing our Emperorship to begin with and more sleepless nights defending it to the teeth. That was it for several people in my guild. They unsubbed. With the forums alight with complains about Wabbajack Cyrodiil, why did it take 4 hours for anyone to acknowledge the issue? In this game there are 2 options for end-game content; Cyrodiil PvP or the overhyped Craglorn. That is it. So to have the most populated PvP campaign go down during a massive, epic battle is really not a good PR thing. Who knows if we will maintain Emperorship. We will find out when it eventually comes back online, but by then we may all be asleep and will lose our Emp to invaders anyways.

I haven't quit the game, but my finger is on the button. ZOS has 15 days to convince me otherwise.

Troll on troll, troll on...

-Ashmaya
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    Can I have your stuff? o/

Nooooo I want his stuff!!!

I'm not a "he". If I were to give my stuff away, I wouldn't give it away to a bunch of trolls in the forums. If I decide to leave the game I would likely hold on to everything just in case the game gets a good fix and I decide to come back. Have a heart. You don't all have to be trolls.
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »
    B1oodcrow wrote: »
    Why do you need to post on a forum whether you need to unsub? Shouldn't you be able to answer this question yourself?

It was an internal question that was given voice. This post is intended to start a conversation and gather feedback to carefully weigh. :)

You know this kind of flame baits and 'suicide letters' are against the forum rules?
    Just unsub already if you aren't having fun

You obviously don't know me. Flame bait? Suicide letters? I haven't quit, I'm merely pondering it and starting a discussion. I'm not sure what flame bait is either, but as you can clearly see, I haven't bashed or flamed ZOS or anyone else. In fact, I continue to get flamed and bashed just for making a post about "Ash's State of the Game Address". Perhaps that's what I should have called it. Either way, I am hoping that ZOS can get things fixed soon. I have invested so much time in this game. It's a beautiful game with so much potential. It would truly be a shame to waste it.

Troll on troll, troll on...
    Edited by Ashlynne on 29 May 2014 10:31
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭

According to him/her, it seems that we are only allowed to post happy thoughts with praise and compliments for ZOS. I praise ZOS for coming up with a VERY cool looking game and having the vision to get it started. I would like to see them polish it and make it a game worth staying for. After reading the feedback from others, I'm clearly not alone in this boat.
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    mutharex wrote: »

No we should ignore blatant flame baits. This forum is to discuss issues with the game, not the OP problems

I'm not sure if you actually read my post, but I very succinctly listed "issues with the game". There are blatant, glaring issues that I do not see being addressed expeditiously. I think this game has a lot of potential and I absolutely love the graphics, setting, PvP, and lore. I listed what needs to be addressed. I'm allowed to discuss game issues and that's what I listed. Perhaps you should read it instead of trolling. Or better yet, if you don't have anything meaningful to contribute to this conversation, how about you just keep your thoughts to yourself? Is there a rule against trolling?
  • HandofBane
    HandofBane
    ✭✭✭✭

Something to keep in mind, when a player cancels their sub, unlike pretty much every other game on the market, there is no exit survey or option to leave input on why the player was cancelling. Having such an option allows the devs to see what common themes there are going so they can reassess what is wrong and what changes would be able to better retain accounts. With no such option, posting here is pretty much the only way to leave that kind of feedback and get any kind of confirmation someone has read it, since the ingame /feedback doesn't even give a followup email acknowledging it has done more than been sent straight to the trash bin.
  • Indarqeen
    Indarqeen
    ✭✭
    This is my opinion

I love TES games I have played more than 1000 of hours, Skyrim alone round 768 houers. Im born in 1970 got my first computer in 1980, so you see I have played almoste all MMORPG´S in the market, from UO to the resent wildstar, my markers in RPG´s and MMORPG`S is >Everquest >Anarchy Online >Dark age of camelot >World of Warcraft >Star Wars The Old Republic. Singelplayer >Ultima IX: Ascension >Baldur's Gate >Neverwinter >Dragon Age >Morrowind >>>Oblivion<<< >Skyrim.

I'm sorry to say this >ESO< game fail big time :( and im sad that it is so :(

I like the graphics it has a nice an fresh style

I like the lvl 1 - 50 storyline

what I dont like I dont have to mention that, as this message board is full of statements why this game fail

One thing though and it has something to do with Hollywood :(

And I am sorry
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    HandofBane wrote: »

Something to keep in mind, when a player cancels their sub, unlike pretty much every other game on the market, there is no exit survey or option to leave input on why the player was cancelling. Having such an option allows the devs to see what common themes there are going so they can reassess what is wrong and what changes would be able to better retain accounts. With no such option, posting here is pretty much the only way to leave that kind of feedback and get any kind of confirmation someone has read it, since the ingame /feedback doesn't even give a followup email acknowledging it has done more than been sent straight to the trash bin.

I'm actually surprised that they don't have a feedback option. I know that World of Warcraft and Rift had a cancellation mini-questionnaire so that they could compile information from various people who decided (for whatever reason) that they didn't want to play any more. This helps them to improve their game play experience and keep up with the mindset of its player base.
  • frwinters_ESO
    frwinters_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have to ask the question then its yes. If the problems have caused you to even question the game then why pay for it. Stop playing, give it a break for awhile, then come back and check it out. Bugs and exploits go go away in MMO's it just takes time.
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    If you have to ask the question then its yes. If the problems have caused you to even question the game then why pay for it. Stop playing, give it a break for awhile, then come back and check it out. Bugs and exploits go go away in MMO's it just takes time.

I've decided to stick it out, and perhaps play a little less while I play some other games. I don't want my alts' horses to starve! :) Hopefully this game will get some polish and the glaring, game-breaking bugs will get fixed. Then I will be happy to step up my ESO gaming.
    Edited by Ashlynne on 29 May 2014 19:08