Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Is it time for me to unsub?

• Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    Ashlynne wrote: »
    Ridiculous post full of overly dramatic tears, and woe.
    Nobody cares enough to read through all that garbage, it's not even worth your sub fee to pay an employee to read that long!
    ZoS know what the problems are, and are fixing them in order of impact as best they can. That's what companies in the business of selling subscriptions do.
    Next time save the open letter of drama and just cancel your sub.

LOL where were the tears? Where was the drama? Did you even read the post? It was carefully thought out, without flames, without drama, without swearing. So I don't see where you get that from. LOL Troll on troll... you don't have to read it.

I didn't read every word, but I did skim through it.
    It seemed to me you must be having a slow day in your IT department, nobody would care to prattle on that much in their own time, surely.

1. Bots: I have seen a few, never really been impacted by them tho.
    2. Bots nerfing: I have not been impacted by these changes at all.
    3. Lag: even on my terrible 1500k connection, living the opposite side of the world from the servers, the games been fine for me. You should perhaps upgrade your 9600 baud modem to a 56k ;)
    4. Content: I was really surprised at this, you say you work in "IT development" (not sure if you mean IT or dev there) and then go on to prove you know nothing about large projects and team management. (I have managed enterprise scale Information Services operations for 17 years now). This 'layering bugs' idea is rubbish, the entire paragraph is fiction.
    5. Class: Yep, agree with this (I play a NB) "Newsflash, 1 month old MMO has class balancing issues" hahaha
    6. End Game: You say best PvP ever, and we have new content and goals released every few weeks, yet cannot see and game goals. That makes no sense, it's just a whinge.
    7. Quests: You are playing an MMO. It's about quests. This is the reason I said quit.
    8. Unannounced changes: Yes, the balance team make small changes almost every day without spamming us about it, most of which go unnoticed. Not the first to do this, guaranteed not the last, who cares? Roll with it and have fun, if you cant handle change, buzz off.

In summary, the diatribe was mostly full of hot air, and just felt like a whinge.

I'm off today. I've been working nights doing server migrations. lol

Based on what you said, so long as it doesn't impact you personally in the game, it's not an issue and we should just ignore it. Yes, this game is only about you. /golfclap #narcissist

Clearly you don't PvP much. I have massive bandwidth and my bandwidth isn't the issue. It's a confirmed issue (the lag in Cyrodiil) that ZOS will eventually address. It was introduced in the Crag patch. If you have doubts, visit Cyrodiil in a raid and you will experience it personally. There is a group bug that causes groups to lag out when someone joins, leaves, or DC's in your group. But hey, it isn't happening to you, so it doesn't exist right?

You are obviously either trolling or have a narrow view of the world. You can attack me all you want, that's your right. Troll on troll...
    Edited by Ashlynne on 28 May 2014 02:09
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    Gilandred wrote: »
    All MMOs go through these types of growing pains after launch. I always give new games at least 6 months before things start to even out. If you enjoy the core game and see the potential, then I say just stick it out and continue to play unless and until the bad outweighs the good.

I REALLY enjoy the core game and I definitely see the potential.
  • B1oodcrow
    B1oodcrow
    Why do you need to post on a forum whether you need to unsub? Shouldn't you be able to answer this question yourself?
  • Gilandred
    Gilandred
    ✭✭
    "Ashlynne wrote: »

A number of the issues you listed bother me as well. However, I cringe at the thought of going to back to one of the other games I've recently played. I just love the combat, the questing, and the world is absolutely gorgeous. I'll put up with the bugs and bots; they will eventually get fixed. I'm also a very, very slow leveler. I do hope that they introduce other options for obtaining rank 10 as I really don't want to do the other faction quests, unless on an alt.
    Edited by Gilandred on 28 May 2014 02:20
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    B1oodcrow wrote: »
    Why do you need to post on a forum whether you need to unsub? Shouldn't you be able to answer this question yourself?

It was an internal question that was given voice. This post is intended to start a conversation and gather feedback to carefully weigh. :)
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    "Ashlynne wrote: »

A number of the issues you listed bother me as well. However, I cringe at the thought of going to back to one of the other games I've recently played. I just love the combat, the questing, and the world is absolutely gorgeous. I'll put up with the bugs and bots; they will eventually get fixed. I'm also a very, very slow leveler. I do hope that they introduce other options for obtaining rank 10 as I really don't want to do the other faction quests, unless on an alt.

I agree. I don't think I can go back to the other MMO's I've played in the past. I have no interest in them. I would actually be happy if ZOS just announced that they will stop working on new content until they have addressed/fixed the long list of bugs and issues currently present in the game.
    Edited by Ashlynne on 28 May 2014 02:23
  • rattbagrwb17_ESO
    rattbagrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Nobody cares enough to read through all that garbage, it's not even worth your sub fee to pay an employee to read that long!
    ZoS know what the problems are, and are fixing them in order of impact as best they can. That's what companies in the business of selling subscriptions do.

LOL where were the tears? Where was the drama? Did you even read the post? It was carefully thought out, without flames, without drama, without swearing. So I don't see where you get that from. LOL Troll on troll... you don't have to read it.

It seemed to me you must be having a slow day in your IT department, nobody would care to prattle on that much in their own time, surely.

3. Lag: even on my terrible 1500k connection, living the opposite side of the world from the servers, the games been fine for me. You should perhaps upgrade your 9600 baud modem to a 56k ;)
    4. Content: I was really surprised at this, you say you work in "IT development" (not sure if you mean IT or dev there) and then go on to prove you know nothing about large projects and team management. (I have managed enterprise scale Information Services operations for 17 years now). This 'layering bugs' idea is rubbish, the entire paragraph is fiction.
    5. Class: Yep, agree with this (I play a NB) "Newsflash, 1 month old MMO has class balancing issues" hahaha
    6. End Game: You say best PvP ever, and we have new content and goals released every few weeks, yet cannot see and game goals. That makes no sense, it's just a whinge.
    7. Quests: You are playing an MMO. It's about quests. This is the reason I said quit.
    8. Unannounced changes: Yes, the balance team make small changes almost every day without spamming us about it, most of which go unnoticed. Not the first to do this, guaranteed not the last, who cares? Roll with it and have fun, if you cant handle change, buzz off.

In summary, the diatribe was mostly full of hot air, and just felt like a whinge.

Based on what you said, so long as it doesn't impact you personally in the game, it's not an issue and we should just ignore it. Yes, this game is only about you. /golfclap #narcissist

Clearly you don't PvP much. I have massive bandwidth and my bandwidth isn't the issue. It's a confirmed issue (the lag in Cyrodiil) that ZOS will eventually address. It was introduced in the Crag patch. If you have doubts, visit Cyrodiil in a raid and you will experience it personally. There is a group bug that causes groups to lag out when someone joins, leaves, or DC's in your group. But hey, it isn't happening to you, so it doesn't exist right?

You are obviously either trolling or have a narrow view of the world. You can attack me all you want, that's your right. Troll on troll...

You asked the board for an opinion, I offered you one. This doesn't make me a narcissist, only a someone with a differing opinion - one you apparently didn't wish to hear.

I experienced the pvp lag problem during one of the beta weekends, but it was resolved fairly quickly. I'm sure it will be again.
    I have experienced the group with no crown issue twice now. Both times it was fixed with a quick relog and reform. About 1 minute of interruption tops, both times. Not really something that bothered me enough to come to the forums and start an epic rant over.
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭

You asked the board for an opinion, I offered you one. This doesn't make me a narcissist, only a someone with a differing opinion - one you apparently didn't wish to hear.

I experienced the pvp lag problem during one of the beta weekends, but it was resolved fairly quickly. I'm sure it will be again.
    I have experienced the group with no crown issue twice now. Both times it was fixed with a quick relog and reform. About 1 minute of interruption tops, both times. Not really something that bothered me enough to come to the forums and start an epic rant over.

Funny, my post was never a rant. Perhaps you should actually read it before judging. There wasn't even a single exclamation point. In fact, the only dramatic comments I see are in your response to my post. My post was very clear, concise, and well thought out. There were no tears, no flames, no swearing. I even used punctuation. I'm honestly surprised you are still on this post making comments. Clearly you are a troll. Either way, you have some serious personality flaws.

You see the world as YOU are, not as it really is... and you are obviously a very angry, ranting person. I feel sorry for you.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on 29 May 2014 09:07
  • someuser
    someuser
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ashlynne probably time to take a break, unsub, come back 2 - 3 months and re-evaluate. I agree with a lot of the points you've made.
    To make ESO look and feel like a PC MMO check out the following:

PhinixUI addon-powered interface for ESO
  • B1oodcrow
    B1oodcrow
    I just don't see the point asking people you don't even know whether to quit or not. I guess at the end of the day just ask yourself if you are having fun. If not best to move to another game and have fun. And only you can answer that. Just too many games to waste your time on one you don't enjoy.
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't see the point asking people you don't even know whether to quit or not. I guess at the end of the day just ask yourself if you are having fun. If not best to move to another game and have fun. And only you can answer that. Just too many games to waste your time on one you don't enjoy.

Wise words and good point. My post was really intended to gather some thoughts and opinion (of people I don't know, admittedly) and make my own decision in the end. I'm having a LOT of fun in my guild, they are awesome. We have very organized PvP and they really make this game fun. Does the fun outweigh the issues? I'm not sure yet. I'm still thinking about it. I'm not prone to rash decisions. I tend to gather as much information as possible and make an informed decision. If I do move on, it will be back at square one with a new MMO. There are several on the way out. One of them looks very appealing, the other, not so much, though I love gaming so I'm willing to give just about anything a try. :)
  • rattbagrwb17_ESO
    rattbagrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Funny, my post was never a rant. Perhaps you should actually read it before judging. In fact, the only dramatic comments I see are in your response to my post. You clearly have anger issues and should probably see a therapist. My post was very clear, concise, and well thought out. There were no tears, no flames, no swearing. I even used punctuation. I'm honestly surprised you are still on this post making comments. Clearly you are a troll. Either way, you have some serious personality flaws.

Does my post seem angry to you?
    Your OP was long winded, boring and mis-informed.

I'm at the country house today (hence the low speed connection) and wading through the forums while I catch up on email. I'm still here because I still think you have the wrong attitude toward it. I took the time to respond to each of the points in your magnum opus, yet your only response has been to name me troll, accuse me of needing therapy, and having 'personality flaws'.
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭

Funny, my post was never a rant. Perhaps you should actually read it before judging. In fact, the only dramatic comments I see are in your response to my post. You clearly have anger issues and should probably see a therapist. My post was very clear, concise, and well thought out. There were no tears, no flames, no swearing. I even used punctuation. I'm honestly surprised you are still on this post making comments. Clearly you are a troll. Either way, you have some serious personality flaws.

I'm at the country house today (hence the low speed connection) and wading through the forums while I catch up on email. I'm still here because I still think you have the wrong attitude toward it. I took the time to respond to each of the points in your magnum opus, yet your only response has been to name me troll, accuse me of needing therapy, and having 'personality flaws'.

What's really funny is I looked at your profile and your general responses to other people and I was spot on... you are a troll. An angry bitter, troll in need of therapy. You were attacking from your first post even though you admitted that all you did was "skim through". You even attack my profession though you clearly know nothing about me. Troll on troll... troll on.

And if my post was so boring after you "skimmed through", why are you still visiting it and trying to cause drama and flame? Oh yea, because you're a troll.
    Edited by Ashlynne on 28 May 2014 02:49
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭
    All MMOs go through these types of growing pains after launch. I always give new games at least 6 months before things start to even out. If you enjoy the core game and see the potential, then I say just stick it out and continue to play unless and until the bad outweighs the good.

I'm going to stop you right there. Name a AAA MMO released in the last 10 years that had as many issues as ESO. Please just name one.
  • Sorcrater
    Sorcrater
    ✭✭
    Someone please inform me as to what a bot is exactly.
  • B1oodcrow
    B1oodcrow
    The game has issues but I am having a great time. I will compare this to WoW's launch. Long queue times to launch game because the servers were full. Loot lag where you would be stuck kneeling for over an hour. Characters would be sliding around the area kneeling down. And there was nothing you could do. Logging off and back on would not fix the issue. A /stuck or /reloadui would not work. You were stuck. And many more issues. But at the end of the day I was having a great time and remember those days fondly.
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcrater wrote: »
    Someone please inform me as to what a bot is exactly.

A bot is a programmed, unmanned player. They are often used by gold farmers to farm crafting mats and sell them or farm mobs for gold (even though the gold drops in this game aren't that great).
  • B1oodcrow
    B1oodcrow
    andersan wrote: »

I'm going to stop you right there. Name a AAA MMO released in the last 10 years that had as many issues as ESO. Please just name one.

Wow
  • sovreign
    sovreign
    ✭✭✭

Step back, take a look at yourself, and grow up. You started the attack on what was originally a peaceful post asking a pertinent question.

One of you, be the bigger man and leave out the childish back an forth, please.

"Soon you will see, that evil will always triumph, because good ... Is dumb"
    -Dark Helmet, Spaceballs
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    sovreign wrote: »

Step back, take a look at yourself, and grow up. You started the attack on what was originally a peaceful post asking a pertinent question.

One of you, be the bigger man and leave out the childish back an forth, please.

I'm a woman, but I can definitely stop replying to his posts. :) Thank you for being the voice of reason.
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭

Wow

WoW's only issue was overcapacity because it became popular very quickly.

It was NOT class skills not working or completely broken, bot trains, no end game, a weird high level grind that doesn't make sense, completely broken quests, accidental banning, groups not functioning correctly, complete lack of communication from the development team, or any of the other myriad of issues that ESO suffers from. This is a $200m MMO released years later. You'd think they would have done a better job with a fraction of the subscriber base that WoW had from the very beginning.

The issue was they did not realize how freaking popular their game would be.
    Edited by andersan on 28 May 2014 03:11
  • Haxer
    Haxer
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I just don't see why people are blowing issues way out of proportion. It's an MMO, soon after launch, and we're making huge sweeping world-ending claims about how it's just not worth going on? Is 50 cents a day really that intense for some people? Give it time. Have fun. Give it time.
    Edited by Haxer on 28 May 2014 03:20
    www.dragontears.boards.net
  • B1oodcrow
    B1oodcrow

Wow

WoW's only issue was overcapacity because it became popular very quickly.

It was NOT class skills not working or completely broken, bot trains, no end game, a weird high level grind that doesn't make sense, completely broken quests, accidental banning, groups not functioning correctly, complete lack of communication from the development team, or any of the other myriad of issues that ESO suffers from. This is a $200m MMO released years later. You'd think they would have done a better job with a fraction of the subscriber base that WoW had from the very beginning.

The issue was they did not realize how freaking popular their game would be.

Way more than that. A lot of lag issues. Loot lag. Unbalanced classes. I could go on but Wow's launch was bad. Battlegrounds was not even out. That came out several patches later. Anyway I am not going to argue whether one launch was worse than the other. Both had/have their issues. I disagree with you which one was worse but it is silly to argue about it.
  • Ashlynne
    Ashlynne
    ✭✭✭
    Haxer wrote: »
    Yeah I just don't see how people are blowing issues way out of proportion. It's an MMO, soon after launch, and we're making huge sweeping world-ending claims about how it's just not worth going on. Is 50 cents a day really that intense for some people? Give it time. Have fun. Give it time.

For me, it's not really the money more than it's the time I'm putting into the game. Of course, I'm obsessive in my game play, so I spend a lot of time here. ;) I love new content so it takes a lot for me to say this but, I would rather see them stop new content development and focus all their efforts on address/fixing bugs and imbalance. Once the game is stabilized, then I'd love to see them rolling in the new stuff. :)

• rattbagrwb17_ESO
    rattbagrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    What's really funny is I looked at your profile and your general responses to other people and I was spot on... you are a troll. An angry bitter, troll in need of therapy. You were attacking from your first post even though you admitted that all you did was "skim through". You even attack my profession though you clearly know nothing about me. Troll on troll... troll on.

And if my post was so boring after you "skimmed through", why are you still visiting it and trying to cause drama and flame? Oh yea, because you're a troll.

Really? Please point out any of my posts where I have displayed 'anger', I'm enthralled by your accusation. You are the person who has been attempting to make this personal, particularly in your last couple of replies.
    I have simply attempted to discuss the problems you are having with the game.

You said you worked in "IT development". I have never heard of such a position.
    Section 4 of your OP reflected very little knowledge of software development and the support process, of change control, patching and content delivery functions.
    You later reference that you were performing server migrations, indicating you are in some form of systems administration. An honourable (yet often under-payed and under-appreciated) position in my opinion. Nowhere have I 'attacked your profession'.

I have genuinely been here to discuss the problems you've been having. I have not experienced nearly anything like you describe, hence me labelling your OP as a whining rant. Clearly you have no flexibility here, your thread was not an 'asking for advice' as it was 'my fixed beliefs'. Any attempt to counter these ideals has been met with being labelled a troll with mental issues.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Flaming]
    Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on 29 May 2014 05:18
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭
    Way more than that. A lot of lag issues. Loot lag. Unbalanced classes. I could go on but Wow's launch was bad. Battlegrounds was not even out. That came out several patches later. Anyway I am not going to argue whether one launch was worse than the other. Both had/have their issues. I disagree with you which one was worse but it is silly to argue about it.

You can't argue it is the problem and you can't go on. You just named them all. The sheer amount of issues ESO has far exceeds the issues WoW had. This was many many years ago. It's 2014 and given the amount of money invested this is just... pathetic.

EDIT: I'm not trying to defend WoW either. I don't like the game and I don't play it. I'm only comparing one MMO launch to another since you brought it up.
    Edited by andersan on 28 May 2014 03:25
  • Gilandred
    Gilandred
    ✭✭

It's not the quantity of issues that's important. It's the extent to which players are affected. All MMOs have had, and continue to have, issues. The big ones tend to get resolved in the first few months, and that was the point I'm making.
  • B1oodcrow
    B1oodcrow
    Yeah I just don't see how people are blowing issues way out of proportion. It's an MMO, soon after launch, and we're making huge sweeping world-ending claims about how it's just not worth going on. Is 50 cents a day really that intense for some people? Give it time. Have fun. Give it time.

For me, it's not really the money more than it's the time I'm putting into the game. Of course, I'm obsessive in my game play, so I spend a lot of time here. ;) I love new content so it takes a lot for me to say this but, I would rather see them stop new content development and focus all their efforts on address/fixing bugs and imbalance. Once the game is stabilized, then I'd love to see them rolling in the new stuff. :)

I think they need to work on both. We need more content, bug issues fixed, classes balanced, and bots. The one thing I am happy to see is a more aggressive approach to the bots and announcing in zone that they are purging them. I have seen a drastic reduction in bots. Now if only the in game mail gold spam would stop.
  • aleister
    aleister
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I just don't see why people are blowing issues way out of proportion. It's an MMO, soon after launch, and we're making huge sweeping world-ending claims about how it's just not worth going on? Is 50 cents a day really that intense for some people? Give it time. Have fun. Give it time.

It's an MMO with a premium price tag for the original game plus a premium rate subscription. In it's current form, the game is a turkey and they deserve the heat. Will it get better? Hopefully. but people aren't going to wait forever. You don't get to take a well-respected franchise like Elder Scrolls and take big dump on it and get a pass.
  • andersan
    andersan
    ✭✭✭

It's not the quantity of issues that's important. It's the extent to which players are affected. All MMOs have had, and continue to have, issues. The big ones tend to get resolved in the first few months, and that was the point I'm making.

I agree with you, but there are some *extreme* issues with ESO. If the only problems we had with this game were the same issues experienced during the WoW launch I'd be happy as hell. You can't deny that if the only problem ESO had was it was too popular you'd see a singular focus on these forums as to the problem. Instead, you see so many different issues that affect people it's all over the place.