Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Mages need a NERF bad.

• Kayvee
    Kayvee
    ✭✭
    Kayvee wrote: »
    Sword and board DK's work very, very well IF... shocker... you play them correctly! Obviously, you have some learning to do and perhaps a respec is in order.

Seems you have not logged in since patch went live. Please take your L2P BS somewhere else.

Please, oh master of all things, give some empirical evidence to show what you're saying isn't BS. Your logic stinks so bad I can smell it from here.
    Edited by Kayvee on 23 May 2014 23:27
    VR Dragonknight Mitigation Healer and Ardent Flame DPS
    Altmer for the Ebonheart Pact
    Wabbajack since Early Access
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pele wrote: »
    PBpsy wrote: »
    NERF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree! It's so OP with its stupid planets and solar systems! Why can't I beat it up with my sword?! Why??!1111 Stupid universe!

xD
    Edited by Adernath on 23 May 2014 23:25
  • NaughtyDog
    NaughtyDog
    ✭✭
    Before you go saying nerf this and nerf that, why not give tell us your build as a DK. Better yet why not take a pic and posted on forum about your specs. This way we can critique your build. From your post, it looks like the problem is your build. I have a vr7 DK and I fight against v8+ mages easily. I mainly sustain myself until the mana and stam pool of the mage go low and kill them if they completely exhaust their reserves.

I find it very annoying for you to say nerf this and then end the topic by stating you do not give a skeever's tail. So I will end my comment by stating you are probably just a s***** DK that sucks **** in this game just crying because you died. Deal with it =P
  • PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ffolks wrote: »
    I think you people are missing the point the OP is making.

It's frustrating as a melee class to struggle with a 3 mob group only to see some caster prance along in his pretty robe and AOE down a group of 6 with nary a scratch.

I know and feel the OPs pain. As a NB I feel I am able to competently deal with groups of 6+ mobs a couple lvls below me in the public group dungeons but then I see a fire mage come along (a couple lvls BELOW the mob lvl) and go, "fire, fire FIRE" and AoE nuke down entire packs without do much as a point of damage taken (and faster to boot!).

So not only do they kill faster, they also have zero repair bills.

I would say that instead of nerfing the class, just boost the resistance to elemental damage so mobs won't melt in 2 seconds. If a few can actually survive the initial nuking and reach the Mage, then they might have to work as hard as we melee do to stay alive.
  • Jim_McMasterub17_ESO
    Someone got owned in PvP by a class they don't play & wants it nerfed.

Shocker there.
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AOE Fire builds need huge nerf. Both the sorc version and the DK Destro staff version.

If you deny this you are in denial.

If you think its ok for one build to take on 10 opponents at the same time and kill them in seconds where others struggle with 3. You are just dumb and childish.

After this comment there will be plenty of 40 yr old virgins defending their FOTM build saying things like "Lets just nerf everything" "Why do we need to nerf everything" and other cliche things FOTM nerds like to say to defend their precious builds.

I play one of these build, its ridiculous.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
  • flintstone
    flintstone
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a VR8 Sorcerer ,but I made a Dragon Knight (nord) a few days ago. This is my first Dragon Knight and I must say I Am very surprised how strong I am (Level 11).

I don't remember my sorcerer being nearly this much of a bad ass at level 11.......I rarely die, and put down mobs in seconds (every boss so far was down for the count in seconds!)

My Sorcerer needs to sneak and think before an attack.....my Dragon Knight could destroy a level 11 Sorcerer in seconds (I would think that this may apply to VR levels as well?)

Of course it will be a while before I find out.

• elorei
    elorei
    ✭✭✭
    Funniest thing about his post.....

DKs are still the best "mage" class in the game. They have AoEs (sorc has one crappy dot one, thats it), they do extra damage on all fire aoes, they have skills that boost fire damage, the kist goes on...
  • Carnage2K4
    Carnage2K4
    ✭✭✭✭
    ErilAq wrote: »
    PBpsy wrote: »
    NERF THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they already nerfed poor Pluto, what more do you want!?

Pluto was never nerfed, the patch notes where incorrect when it was added, Devs later corrected the initial mistake in a later patch that aslo included Eris, a body more suitable then Pluto itself, but still initially retained said 'nerf'.
    Human Infant Connoisseur
  • fenweeneb18_ESO
    wow_nerfarecoming.jpg
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    This game is not very well balanced. To be fair it hasn't been out all that long. I really think that before anyone starts demanding nerfs for anyone, we really need to see all abilities working as stated. When there's something close to that, it might be time to work on balancing, but until then I think you should stop worrying about how green the grass on the other side is. My main is a NB btw so I don't have a vested interest in sorcs.
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree.

Nightblades need nerfing.

To be fair, there were some minor nerfs in 1.1.2, but try to be patient, they've promised to do some proper nerfing in 1.2.x. Hopefully, there might be some hotnerfs before then
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotnerfs is the word of the day. Kudos good person for original content
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • rjfallier
    rjfallier
    Soul Shriven
    I appreciate ALL comments made on my post. Thank you. But, like I said only my opinions counts. I don't give a skeever's tail what anybody says. LOL ... Just love to stir the pot!
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's frustrating as a melee class to struggle with a 3 mob group only to see some caster prance along in his pretty robe and AOE down a group of 6 with nary a scratch.

It's true. Mages have far superior fashion sense compared to you silly melee type people. B)
    Edited by Glurin on 24 May 2014 02:20
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • fiachsidhe
    fiachsidhe
    ✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

It's true. Mages have far superior fashion sense compared to you silly melee type people. B)

Not in this game, considering how many class builds rely on light armor. Practically everyone is in robes!
    Don't have an intelligent argument? Just LOL a post!

Dire Crow - Ebonheart Pact - Dunmer Nightblade
  • Dayv
    Dayv
    ✭✭✭✭
    OK, I lied, there is one thing that needs nerfing. ****ing mudcrabs. Nerf the XP and nerf the loot, but at least let me go and mash a mudcrab or two to vent my frustration at feeling underpowered now and again.
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

You might get pretty dresses but I wear leather pants.

I feel like an 80's rock star.

All i'm missing is a mullet.
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mages Are Op, Since the bash nerf, mages now own cyrodil. It is completely 1 sided. They get it all. zenimax does not care about melee characters. They promote caster magicka users.
  • Slantasiam
    Slantasiam
    ✭✭✭

its frustrating being one shot as a mage by anything stonger then a bunny too in light armor...learn to live with your strengths and weaknesses
    Edited by Slantasiam on 24 May 2014 02:57
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I went from NB to Sorc. Sorc's are friggen AWESOME right now.
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranged caster dps sorcs should be glass cannons.... and they are... you feel like a god killing left and right until somebody notices you and hits you. Then you respawn.

Also, all the classes can make a good caster build but most are busy playing the NB`s only as melee... usually with no healing...

That said, right now the only class that has a video soloing a Veteran Dungeon is the Nightblade... as DK`s can`t do it anymore and sorcs/templars never could.
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice if when you ask for nerfs, you specify the abilities in need of them. :)

You are right, we should be more specific.

ZOS, people that play Nightblade can still log in .... please nerf.

LMFAO we'll still find a way.. us Nightblades are a persistent tough bunch of mofos XD
  • dcincali
    dcincali
    ✭✭✭✭
    When the bots all use mages like they use temps, there will be a nerf on crystal shards just like the nerf on biting jabs.. Oh how the fun will ensue...
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dcincali wrote: »
    When the bots all use mages like they use temps, there will be a nerf on crystal shards just like the nerf on biting jabs.. Oh how the fun will ensue...

Cyrstal Shards already has an indirect cooldown in it's 1.3 second cast time. The morph only gives it a 35% chance of being instant cast, and you have to use a magicka ability to get that chance.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
  • magickats242cub18_ESO
    There are mages in ESO? Dang, what's next, gnomes?
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    I switched to a sorc from NB - it's a lot of fun - but I still see people with sword and board doing tons of damage in PVE. Sometimes,even out killing me! Me! The crazy op class! Nooooooooooooooooo!

(so...guys...where is the op button I'm supposed to push when DKs come along? I can't find it!)
    War, give me war, give me war.
  • Thunderchief
    Thunderchief
    ✭✭✭
    What is a mage? Is it a mage race character in light armor, destro staff and DK passives?

Sorry I'm just a little confused. I play sorceror and I don't have any fire based class abilities.
    Edited by Thunderchief on 24 May 2014 05:31
  • MrBeatDown
    MrBeatDown
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is a mage? Is it a mage race character in light armor, destro staff and DK passives?

Sorry I'm just a little confused. I play sorceror and I don't have any fire based class abilities.

You need a nerf too' Your Op
  • Labs
    Labs
    This crap is so so so funny

----the past month----
    Magicka Users: "Nerf shield bash, I can't easy mode melee that shield bash me"
    Shield bash users: "Learn how to play your class and how to counter shield bash"
    Other melee users: "soooo why is shield bash the only real viable option for people who want to do dmg with stm?"

----Yesterday to the foreseeable future----
    Shield bash Users: "I can't kill a mage now, I get easy mode downed by them. Nerf them"
    Magicka users: "Learn how to play your class and how to spec to counter us casters"
    Other Melee users: "soooo when will stm using characters be an actual viable option?"