Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Bash damage has been reduced way too much

• twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    they could easily have changed bash damage in cyrodiil to be reduced and left it alone for PvE.

but hey....lets just do a knee jerk reaction to pvp whiners and just nerf it without any thought or big picture thinking. (and I do agree bash in pvp was stupidly unbalanced)

Some of the worst decisions made by a supposed AAA MMO company. they killed their own game and unless they start replacing some of the managers/game designers, this game will quickly die.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Sadae wrote: »
    @OP - Your problem is that you're trying to make bash your main DPS. It was never meant to be a source of high DPS, that's been fixed, and now you need to find an alternate source of DPS. And you're not going to find that using a 1H+Shield. That is for tanking, not for DPS.

Honestly, the way it is now is how it should be, and how it always should have been. You need to get rid of the mindset you used to have concerning bash. I have the 1H+Shield skill tree completely maxed out, and am happy with the changes. I use it for tanking when in groups, and not for exploits using unintentional skill damage.

So the million dollar question. How do you level up Sword and Shield? And dont say class skills. Since that really only applies to 1 or 2 classes.

A lot of tanks is currently on the fasttrack out of this game. And new players will quickly drop the skill line. And then the rest starts to sit back with issues for the content that requires a tank.
  • Stratti
    Stratti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShintaiDK wrote: »
    @OP - Your problem is that you're trying to make bash your main DPS. It was never meant to be a source of high DPS, that's been fixed, and now you need to find an alternate source of DPS. And you're not going to find that using a 1H+Shield. That is for tanking, not for DPS.

Honestly, the way it is now is how it should be, and how it always should have been. You need to get rid of the mindset you used to have concerning bash. I have the 1H+Shield skill tree completely maxed out, and am happy with the changes. I use it for tanking when in groups, and not for exploits using unintentional skill damage.

So the million dollar question. How do you level up Sword and Shield? And dont say class skills. Since that really only applies to 1 or 2 classes.

A lot of tanks is currently on the fasttrack out of this game. And new players will quickly drop the skill line. And then the rest starts to sit back with issues for the content that requires a tank.

Seriously people you need to learn then damn meaning of exploit. It was NEVER an exploit wake up to yourselves learn to comprehend the English language.

Just my bugbear sorry.

Ultimately this post I quoted will likely be reality. It happened in WoW , it is already happening in ESO - tanking is hard but I love it though I can see. Any quitting

• ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    The ability was amazing it hit close to 300 for me without glyphing, could be hit as quick as you can push your mouse and defended at the same time.
    My rotation was charge, ember strike , fiery breath , bash x3 , heavy attack , reapply dots etc

I was hitting around 400 dps. Two days ago I took out 2 vr3 adds of 3 came in at the end , I took all of them out wih 45% damage to bash and next ability 17% which was my ultimate.

Hence the nerf

While now I have less dps I have added in whip instead of fiery breath and am using that with petrify on off spec for cc. I am still effective if not slower at around 200dps.

It's an adjustment but we have so many abilities that with some experimentation we will nail the new setup

Now the key point here is you are a DK and can get on with your class skills. For me as a templar, my new DPS is around 95 and I really dont have much class skills or CC to use. Not to mention my skills require much more magicka.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    Tanabe wrote: »
    I never had bash dmg rings/neck and i also spammed bash abit, but i kinda like it now, it do a gopod amount of dmg to mobs that i interrupt, and thats what the bash is for in the first place.
    It was not unreal that you could kill something with a shield bash but stabbing a sword at em should do more dmg.
    Mostly my dmg comes from spell dmg from class skills, and just dot and outlive the mobs :)
    if you cant kill a mob now that you cant spam 1 skill then you my friend needs to rethink how your build.

So you are entirely dependent on your class skills for any success with a shield. What class are you again?
  • Sadae
    Sadae
    ✭✭✭
    If you play tank, then the 1H+Shield skills should be equipped on one of your skill bars. Even if you spend most of the time doing solo play and using a different weapon skill, simply swap in the 1H+Shield skill bar when you turn in quests etc.
    If they drop the the skill because they can't do uber DPS with it anymore, then they weren't "tanks". They were only there for the exploit.
    Seriously people you need to learn then damn meaning of exploit. It was NEVER an exploit wake up to yourselves learn to comprehend the English language.
    I would the same the same thing you. It WAS an exploit and YOU need to learn that.
  • Haurt
    Haurt
    Soul Shriven
    I don't know where exactly I'm going with this but here's what I have to say. I play a tank and leveled as a tank. I don't give a crap about the PvP side of things as I play PvE almost exclusively. Nerfing something PvE because it's TOO powerful in PvP is a major flaw in almost EVERY MMO I've ever played. It may be that once they fix the VR difficulty, I'll be able to adjust to things but right now, if I'm not hiding behind my shield I die.

Before the patch yes I rarely died because I could just hide behind my shield and bash BUT it was never fast nor was it the quickest way to level, it was just the safe way of doing it. We are supposed to be build to take a lot of punishment and bash was just a way for us to deal out damage. In dungeons I couldn't afford to use my bash as I had to save my stam for blocking. For leveling purposes I could use the extra stam from not taking those major hits to deal out damage. Even then had I not been a vampire, I would have run out of stamina halfway through my second mob using bash like I did. It wasn't "bash constantly", it was bash a mob almost to death and eat a few hits while I syphoned my stam back to continue killing mobs. People think that just wearing heavy armor is enough to counteract the damage mobs put out but I'm telling you it isn't. While it does help, it pales in comparison to how much hiding behind your shield protects you. I will revisit this once the VR content has been fixed and see what, if anything, I can do to continue leveling solo.
  • ShintaiDK
    ShintaiDK
    ✭✭✭
    If you play tank, then the 1H+Shield skills should be equipped on one of your skill bars. Even if you spend most of the time doing solo play and using a different weapon skill, simply swap in the 1H+Shield skill bar when you turn in quests etc.

They are. But most of them are broken, including the passives.
    If they drop the the skill because they can't do uber DPS with it anymore, then they weren't "tanks". They were only there for the exploit.

When you are unable to solo the solo content. You either change or quit. The "exploit" was with stacking +bash jewlery. But its much easier for you to put everyone in the same boat.
  • actarus78
    actarus78
    Soul Shriven
    I guess it was necessary to nerf the bash damage but it has been done wrongly,especially for PvE. I play a DK as a physical tank, I stay close to enemies with sword and shield, I have a poor mana pool & regen and my class skills are only about defense and support. So when I play solo, the bash damage misses me when I face 3 or 4 VR mobs. It might be better if the sword damage is upper or if the armor and spell resistance (overcapped !) are more efficient, because sometimes I feel naked :-). Yes I might find friends to play together but it's not the point...
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    @Agurto‌

If you're dying that fast and having that much trouble dealing damage, then you've got more issues than just shield bash. There's a lot for you to work on.

FYI, I have 3 weapon sets on my main. One of these is 1-Handed and Shield. And I'm very happy with the bash nerf, because now I can play 1-H shield properly without feeling like I'm intentionally using a sub optimal strategy.

Sub-optimal strategy - the strategy did more dps then dps classes while defending and using minimal resources . This is a statement that makes no sense. Holier than thou is not helpful.

I too am happy with the nerf it was OP , I used it as main ability and others and would get people asking me how I take on so many mobs and not die . It had to happen so let's find the next thing we can exploit so ppl can qq , ; )

I think you misread something there. The point was now I can properly play 1-hand and shield by turtling and using skills, instead of spamming bash. Spamming bash was pratctically required if you didn't want to feel like you were gimping yourself (sub-optimal strategy.)
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The same way everyone else leveled up their skills. Keep it on the 2nd set and before you turn in a quest, switch to the sword and board. Or tank a couple dungeons, or run a group farming chain across a map. You know, playing the game.
    Edited by Arsenic_Touch on 24 May 2014 00:46
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Agurto‌

If you're dying that fast and having that much trouble dealing damage, then you've got more issues than just shield bash. There's a lot for you to work on.

FYI, I have 3 weapon sets on my main. One of these is 1-Handed and Shield. And I'm very happy with the bash nerf, because now I can play 1-H shield properly without feeling like I'm intentionally using a sub optimal strategy.

Sub-optimal strategy - the strategy did more dps then dps classes while defending and using minimal resources . This is a statement that makes no sense. Holier than thou is not helpful.

I too am happy with the nerf it was OP , I used it as main ability and others and would get people asking me how I take on so many mobs and not die . It had to happen so let's find the next thing we can exploit so ppl can qq , ; )

I think you misread something there. The point was now I can properly play 1-hand and shield by turtling and using skills, instead of spamming bash. Spamming bash was pratctically required if you didn't want to feel like you were gimping yourself (sub-optimal strategy.)

So you turtle (sta) while using class skills (magicka) with your 1h/s tank build (vp).

That would be nice except for the fact theres a limited amount of stat points.

Its easy enough to understand.

VP + sta and bash the hell out of.
    VP + mag and spam the hell out of class skills (pref all magicka, so light build pyromage).

The problem is not 1h/s skilltree is crap for soloing purposes now (with the best skill being bugged since beta and stealing 1/10 of the intended enemy armor)), its 2handed skilltree sucks as well, as do all the weapon skill trees except the magicka based (staff).

What class performs well with a weapon skill tree based build stacking sta? None does. Only the one not intended to do, 1h/s.
  • Aistis1990
    I don't understand are ppl so stupid or what? I Use power bashing passives + jewels with boosint bash dmg. With templar in VR I could stand 3-4 monsters in tanking mode. Now 2 mobs is a challange and 3 impossible to kill. They nerfed bash dmg like 4x . SO WHAT'S USE OF SHIELD BASHING IF IT COSTS STAMINA AND DEALS DMG = SWORD LIGHT ATTACK DMG....
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bash damage is fine now, it was way too OP, is it just me or does nobody else realize that the 1h shield skill line is a defensive orientated skill set, defensive posture is probably the handiest weapon skill to have in the game (as a vamp it saved my ass in the molag bal fight).
    And to the people that think the DK pyromage is the only viable DK build you're wrong I'm running 5 heavy 2 light (3 deaths wind set, 3 dragonguard set, 3 set of the seducer and 3 of the warlock jewellery set) full magicka enchants with a 12 magicka, 12 stamina and 25 health attribute rollout with 1h and shield on both bars and i'm pulling over 600dps on single targets and over 1.3k dps on large mobs. Only three 1 hand shield skills I use are shielded assault, absorb magic and I swap in pierce armour if needed.

Finding it pretty laughable that 1h shield users are going to drop the skill line because they were using it incorrectly in the first place.
    Edited by SienneYviete on 24 May 2014 02:18
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how I saw every single 1h+shield player doing in pve:

Bash, bash, bash, bash, bash ...

Ya something needed to change. That wasn't even the exploit. It is animation canceling to weave powers which is still an issue with scripted hacks.

Many more "nerfs" in many areas of the game are still needed along with many of the fixes required.
  • Sarevok
    Sarevok
    ✭✭
    If they increase the damage of normal attacks that would be fine. As it is now normal attacks do crap damage which is why DK's were using bash. If normal attacks were better than they are, I for one would be happy with that.
    Edited by Sarevok on 24 May 2014 02:52
  • Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eldhaaril wrote: »
    Bash damage is fine now, it was way too OP, is it just me or does nobody else realize that the 1h shield skill line is a defensive orientated skill set, defensive posture is probably the handiest weapon skill to have in the game (as a vamp it saved my ass in the molag bal fight).
    And to the people that think the DK pyromage is the only viable DK build you're wrong I'm running 5 heavy 2 light (3 deaths wind set, 3 dragonguard set, 3 set of the seducer and 3 of the warlock jewellery set) full magicka enchants with a 12 magicka, 12 stamina and 25 health attribute rollout with 1h and shield on both bars and i'm pulling over 600dps on single targets and over 1.3k dps on large mobs. Only three 1 hand shield skills I use are shielded assault, absorb magic and I swap in pierce armour if needed.

Finding it pretty laughable that 1h shield users are going to drop the skill line because they were using it incorrectly in the first place.

Laughable is coming to teach others advising bugged skills.

And well, very nice stat distribution. The default "Idk where to put this point".
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archaon wrote: »

And well, very nice stat distribution. The default "Idk where to put this point".

Not really, well aware of my stat distribution, it's an i'm not a 1 trick pony distribution. I have plenty of stamina for blocking/openers/defense yknow what a tank generally does holding aggro and stuff, I have a tonne of magicka for abilities and I have a good health..... how is that IDK where to put this point?
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    Just wait destruction staff users. Your time is coming. We will make sure of it. I am sick of seeing 1 pyro kill 10 VR mobs of his own level in public dungeons and then killing massive amounts of keep npcs with very little resources.

Oh and BTW folks, SWORD AND SHIELD IS NOT A TANKING LINE SKILL. Yes, it provides more damage resistance (ok I am B.Sing here because everyone knows it is bugged atm and does not apply correctly) but sword and shield has been used as a offensive weapon combo in warfare since the dawn of its inception. In every TES game it is a versatile weapon but because of the MMO WoW community, you refused to see past the traditional (tank must be guy with shield derp derp derp) Tell you what, make our swords have more damage now or give us an actual defensive buff that MAKES US TANKS. We DO NOT want to group to finish quests. We are tanks, we should be able to clear solo dungeons by ourselves. As for dps aoe pyros, you shouldn't be able to survive a public alone much less clear the entire room.

Your time is numbered.
    Edited by KraidenDove on 24 May 2014 03:44
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just silly. I played only this char. DK tank with 1H and shield from getgo.
    I have to admit I been a bit puzzled how much sheld bash did in damage, but I didnt know it was not working as it should, so of course I used it and killed same lvl mobs with 3 bashes.....

I googled a bit and looked at what the skill sais. If you interupt, it packs a good punch, and I even now put points in it, and got an enchant for it. When I interupt, I do a good hit. Not as good as before, but that was silly. Why would I as a tank, who is built to take damege, stun and root so the team who are damage dealers can kill the targets, do as much damage as them? AND if you havn't noticed, the block (with skillpoints) is a biiiiit good. Sure, it drains endurance now to block, but my class as skills to reduce that, and 2 pieces of medium armour + the stamina regen skills there....I do not go low on stamina often.

Think about it. 1H and shield gives you GREAT protection and some damage (Yes hitting with my axe actually hurts the target a little) So far, my taunt seams to do the most damage along with a PROPER shield bash.....when I hit the target when they are about to use an ability. Not only does it do damage, but stun as well.

And any tank whos been in the instances at their level (not just public dungeons), knows there is not 1 way to tank, lol. My build is...Big fat orc who can take hits. Great against a big slow thing that liked to hit me. Bad if I need to do other stuff! Hehe.

I know this is a discussion, but please, think about it. What is the reason to have a shield that protects you better then your gear almost, and do damage like a firemage gone nuts?

Sure, its muuuuuch harder for me to solo and do quests now, but thats the build I choose. I take damage. I started to use a bow. Wooooo. Forget the shield and axe! Bow rocks! But you have to move and hit!

What I want with this, common, use your judgement. The shield bash was a fix, not a nerf. All kinds of skills/weapons/abilities should be as different as possible, but balanced. I choose tank, hence I cant kill 3 mobs the same level as me very easy.

If I want to kill alot very easy, isnt an offensive build, or I am just guessing now, but a sorcerer with firestaff and AE skills, shouldn't they be the ones who does the real damage, BUT, if 1 mob gets on them, BAM dead. That doesnt happen to a tank very often. We can run away even.

So far I like how zenimax is focusing on balancing and thank you for not listening to people who wants for example vampires to be able to kill 50 people in one go....phew!

Balance is one of the most fun things in this game, and there is a roadmap for MORE skills that we do not know of yet....hmm hmmm. The choice is really ours, isnt it?

Lets have that additude and not "NOOOOOO, I cant root 20 people with my chocking talons anymore which I never should been abler to do anyway"

Of course this is my view, but isnt the game more fun as balanced as possible with almost an endless amonth of builds?

And lets not forget the importance of personal skill. That's something I loved in Conan, but I dont think the MMO players where ready for that yet.

Now I have a hard time playing any RPG where you Tab target.....feels...eh, that wasnt me?

Night!
    Oghur Hatemachine, Guild leader of The Nephilim - EU Megaserver
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign
    Guildsite: The Nephilim

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

"My build? Improvise, overcome and adapt!"
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aistis1990 wrote: »
    I don't understand are ppl so stupid or what? I Use power bashing passives + jewels with boosint bash dmg. With templar in VR I could stand 3-4 monsters in tanking mode. Now 2 mobs is a challange and 3 impossible to kill. They nerfed bash dmg like 4x . SO WHAT'S USE OF SHIELD BASHING IF IT COSTS STAMINA AND DEALS DMG = SWORD LIGHT ATTACK DMG....

Hello my friend. If you look at the skill 1H and shield, even if they do damage, its not a damage dealing skill. Read it.

If you want to do a lot of damage then there are plenty of weapons skills, abilties in all classes.

I am gonna hurry to make a night blade alt and use dual wield before they fix that and they do more damage. I wanna try if I can do it!

And yes, as a PURE tank, not so sure about you templars though since you can heal and got damage abilties, but a pure tank should not be able to kill 3 mobs. Thats what his sorcerer and night blade friend is for.....or even fek it, class means ***. Its how you build and play that settles a battle.
    Orc Weapon Specialist and Warchief of the Ebonheart Pact - Trueflame Cyrodiil War Campaign

"I don't agree with what you are saying, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"
    -Voltaire

• KraidenDove
    KraidenDove
    ✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »

Hello my friend. If you look at the skill 1H and shield, even if they do damage, its not a damage dealing skill. Read it.

If you want to do a lot of damage then there are plenty of weapons skills, abilties in all classes.

I am gonna hurry to make a night blade alt and use dual wield before they fix that and they do more damage. I wanna try if I can do it!

And yes, as a PURE tank, not so sure about you templars though since you can heal and got damage abilties, but a pure tank should not be able to kill 3 mobs. Thats what his sorcerer and night blade friend is for.....or even fek it, class means ***. Its how you build and play that settles a battle.

That means that all tanks, including DPS off tanks, are now completely reliant on the hand out of others to grind to VR12. Fine, you know what that is great. When harder content comes out and the pyro can't kill it anymore the group can wait hand and foot on us because as you can see atm folks are dropping the line like crazy. Basically ladies and gentlemen power tanks and dps off tanks are now a thing of the past. I hope you grinded dual or 2 handed (and not bow as many did for a ranged stam weapon) because if you want to do any real damage with stam you are s.o.o.l.
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemoncrap wrote: »
    I understand that being able to bash4days and kill every mob running at you isn't what it is intended for, but going from 300+ damage per bash to a constant 90 damage Is really making the game hard for me.

Being a tank and using only sword/shield throughout the game (I'm v9) I can't really just switch to another build/weapon as leveling from scratch is too hard at veteran level. Before It was difficult but I enjoyed it, now i'm struggling to kill 2 zombies as each light attack does 100 damage and they have 37k health each meaning that i'm probably dead by the time I get 37 hits in, no matter what skills I use the outcome is the same, the bash was the one thing helping me level as a tank and right now I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1. If you are a tank, you are good at taking damage and all other things we do
    2. You are not good at doing damage unless you make a build for it.
    3. You can swap weapon cant you? I'll use a bow and sure, I cant kill everything without thinking, I need to be careful and aware, but I can solo and do quests. It's just not moronicly easy anymore.
    4. Your shield bash, with skills and enchant does quite a blow when you INTERUPT your target + target gets stunned. I killed that way too.....sure, its more tricky, but hey. We are what we choose.

Think about it. A pure healer that specs in light armor for magika regen and got lots of heals for whatever situation. I dont think they handle 3 mobs at the same time either. BUT, like us pure tanks, we shine in groups, dungeons/instances or just to group for explore or whatever. I garentee you that your teammate, whatever build they are, feels muuuuch safer with you.....cause you dont die in one blow. That shield blocks pretty good ye know.

And about you enjoying killing alot very easy, I cant help you there, but thats not something anyone else then a pure damage dealers would do, who dies if you look at them.

I suggest you try another weapon, before you respec or put a skill in something. Bow is pretty interesting. you need to aim, draw back and fire AND HIT......not just hack and slash. Quite rewarding.

-Voltaire

• Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree 100%. I am "only" lvl 37 but played since early access and only as tank. I dont do alts. I got pretty high level in 1H and shield, and the block I can do is a biiiiit to good I feel. I wouldnt be surprised if they lowered the block ability a bit.

I mean, I have gotten bosses main attacks on me, I just block and get what, 10% hurt? or less. Even, but I cant remember the boss, we can block FIREBALLS? Ok with weapons and abilities maybe, but shouldnt a fireball either blow up my shield or give me some damage.

I have rarely problems finding groups and I do get invited back....because I am built as a pure tank and do tanking stuff! I leave the kicking arses to the team!

-Voltaire

• Akhratos
    Akhratos
    ✭✭✭✭

Not really, well aware of my stat distribution, it's an i'm not a 1 trick pony distribution. I have plenty of stamina for blocking/openers/defense yknow what a tank generally does holding aggro and stuff, I have a tonne of magicka for abilities and I have a good health..... how is that IDK where to put this point?

Yes, you have plenty of stamina with 12 points alone and all of your glyphs being magicka. How much is that? 12 points? And sta cost red? regen?

Tons of magicka wasted using heavy. No spell crit, no magicka cost reduction, no spell pen... but hey, you got 0,5%/piece both weapon power and incoming heals for using heavy! Because I guess Mr.Allwellrounded uses heavy, 'yknow', as a tank would.

Oh, and we are talking about vr leveling/pvp builds, so what are you barking about agro, huh? If you are talking about pve group tanking builds, then I think you are in the wrong place.

You could tank the whole game grouping without spending a single stat point. Not much of an achievement.
  • Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cogo wrote: »

That means that all tanks, including DPS off tanks, are now completely reliant on the hand out of others to grind to VR12. Fine, you know what that is great. When harder content comes out and the pyro can't kill it anymore the group can wait hand and foot on us because as you can see atm folks are dropping the line like crazy. Basically ladies and gentlemen power tanks and dps off tanks are now a thing of the past. I hope you grinded dual or 2 handed (and not bow as many did for a ranged stam weapon) because if you want to do any real damage with stam you are s.o.o.l.

have you considered that the "harder" content might need a pure healer for example and not healer hybrid? Why would it be different with tanks.

Also, if this game has shown anything is that a lot of fights isnt your chars skills, its your skills and how you work as a team. I think thats cool!

-Voltaire

• Cogo
    Cogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait destruction staff users. Your time is coming. We will make sure of it. I am sick of seeing 1 pyro kill 10 VR mobs of his own level in public dungeons and then killing massive amounts of keep npcs with very little resources.

Oh and BTW folks, SWORD AND SHIELD IS NOT A TANKING LINE SKILL. Yes, it provides more damage resistance (ok I am B.Sing here because everyone knows it is bugged atm and does not apply correctly) but sword and shield has been used as a offensive weapon combo in warfare since the dawn of its inception. In every TES game it is a versatile weapon but because of the MMO WoW community, you refused to see past the traditional (tank must be guy with shield derp derp derp) Tell you what, make our swords have more damage now or give us an actual defensive buff that MAKES US TANKS. We DO NOT want to group to finish quests. We are tanks, we should be able to clear solo dungeons by ourselves. As for dps aoe pyros, you shouldn't be able to survive a public alone much less clear the entire room.

Your time is numbered.

Either you are very sarcastic and since its 6 am I cant get it.

But I am a tank and I dont agree with a single word you just said. Who gives you this info?

Maybe the keyword is WoW.

Let me present what the difference in wow and ESO is

WoW <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<is there in the type of game
    Is over there in the type of game it is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ESO

You know as a tank you can active block right? Not not in wow. And your "role" isnt just taunt, stand there and get healed. Well, maybe one boss might be.

When I tank, I use stun a lot, Kite the hard mob/boss if they do nasty AE

Having stun ready is extremly useful for most tanking situatons. because the mobs usally loves your healer. If the healer is in troubble, I taunt boss if possible, then charge stun the mob thats on the healer. if there are several on healer, I use my AE root and healers are smart! so they run off.

I think A lot in this game gets misunderstood since we all, including me, been in WoW to much. It was one of the best games for a long time. Now its just a big diablo game. The opposite of ESO.

Also, there is no "right" or "wrong" way to tank, or play whatever anyway. You choose and as long as you reach your goal, your group kills the boss, or you, I dont know, something of the other 50 things to do.....then you are doing it "right".

I think before we log in to ESO, Forget WoW completely.
    Edited by Cogo on 24 May 2014 04:28

-Voltaire

• SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, you have plenty of stamina with 12 points alone and all of your glyphs being magicka. How much is that? 12 points? And sta cost red? regen?

Tons of magicka wasted using heavy. No spell crit, no magicka cost reduction, no spell pen... but hey, you got 0,5%/piece both weapon power and incoming heals for using heavy! Because I guess Mr.Allwellrounded uses heavy, 'yknow', as a tank would.

Oh, and we are talking about vr leveling/pvp builds, so what are you barking about agro, huh? If you are talking about pve group tanking builds, then I think you are in the wrong place.

You could tank the whole game grouping without spending a single stat point. Not much of an achievement.

LOL man why are you so mad, just to shut you down on a few of your points, i'm a breton so magicka regen covered, spell crit covered with DK skills and thief mundus stone, spell cost reduction with the seducer set and breton passives, stamina/health regen with vamp invigorating drain and Green dragon blood.
    Spell and weapon penentration covered with my crafted sword traits also.
    ummmm and since when is drawing aggro not relevent in pve VR content? I get it you're mad because you're only mass damage stam ability got taken from you...... adapt and overcome ;)

PS I only join a group for a group dungeon, pvp solo pve solo.
    Edited by SienneYviete on 24 May 2014 04:36
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Drasn
    Drasn
    ✭✭✭✭
    You guys understand the real reason that your beloved bash was nerfed right? It was because nightblades had access to it.
  • Anzer
    Anzer
    ✭✭✭
    Allow me to preface by saying that I've already unsubbed due to incompetence with class balancing (lol DKs), my main was a NB tank. Yes, I may be somewhat bitter of the jagged pill Zenimax tried to get me to swallow.

What I'm getting from this discussion is that people think bash was way too powerful and tanks shouldn't be able to kill more than 1 mob in VR content, because they're tanks. I just want you all to realize you sound like a bunch of f*cking r*tards with that sh*t. How do you expect the tanks to get to Craglorn content if you don't want them to be able to kill anything? I can't wait to see the forums overflow with complaints about not being able to do the trials content because there aren't any tanks around. Oh, except for DKs, 'cause they've got it good. They can use Resto Staff and go pro status as a tank.

I suppose I'll check back in ~6 months to see if the devs have managed to pull their heads out of their *sses, but I'm not holding my breath.
    NA Server:

Anzer - Nightblade Tank / Zander - Dragonknight Tank / Selvaria - Sorcerer Healer / Rozalin Black - Templar Healer