Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Stop whining!

• Grimkardinal
    Grimkardinal
    Soul Shriven

All that being said I haven't played with the new patch. I am a bit worried about the combination of higher VP for enemies and more damage from them. I can't handle mobs of 3 very well and my solution so far has been to simply sneak past them. No VP for killing them = No loss. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll be back here complaining ;)

dear lord, that is the entire point... you haven't played the new patch then why are you commenting on things having to do with the new patch... go play it and come back.
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    anakaki wrote: »
    What defines an idiot is a person doing the same thing over and over expecting different resultats.

No, that's the definition of insanity. It was a quote by Albert Einstein.

And it's just results, not resultats .... if you are going to call people idiots then make sure you don't look like one yourself.

I'm well aware of the saying. Don't worry. I'm having a blast. I'm clever enough not to mash the same button over and over.

Saying people are insane coz they can't play is too far. Idiots sure.

Cya in craglorn, oh wait... forums I mean.

Edit: dont buy iPad air
    Edited by anakaki on 23 May 2014 10:55
    Death Recap for Templars
    Have you tried rerolling to a Sorcerer or Dragonknight?
    Templars do more dps than DK's.
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    Soothy wrote: »
    How is it that friends of mine and players in guild do just fine and don't complain whether soloing or doing group content. How did they manage getting to VR10?
    I also know the players that can't manage and blames unbalance. They don't dodge, they don't cc, they spend traits and skills all wrong. Ive played with tanks asking "What is this taunt? Puncture? I don't have. I can never block, stamina to low" and so forth. Get a clue why he's on the forums complaining it's too hard.

Try new builds, other setups. There is no Rant skill that can be maxed to 50 that gives any advantages in game to my knowledge so either stfu and L2P or quit.

We could all do with some tweaks, buffs and nerfs. It will come in time. Did the game release before finsihed? Hell yeah, but it seems some do very well and others struggle. Don't blame the game if you can't muster a solution to your own problems.

What defines an idiot is a person doing the same thing over and over expecting different resultats.

And before crying, I'm VR10 and templar.

The definition of being an idiot (or insanity, if you want to use the right saying) is not that, please educate yourself before posting [anything really].

Like I quoted the other guy, I'm well aware of the saying. Insane people can play games, Idiots struggle. I choose idiots for that reason.

Nice input to the topic at hand though.
    Death Recap for Templars
  • anakaki
    anakaki
    ✭✭✭
    Kryank wrote: »
    im a V1 nightblade and I have a low level Templar and DK im working on ill tell you this the NB if by FAR the hardest to level no wonder your not whining with a Templar :wink:

If you bothered reading my post, I said IRL friends play NB, they dont whine and struggle. I'm not arguing bort bugs etc becasue we all are annoyed with them. Thats not the issue here.

And whining about templar? You mean are godly dps, regen and survival skills? :)
    Healers are fine as temp.
    Edited by anakaki on 23 May 2014 11:07
    Death Recap for Templars
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭

All that being said I haven't played with the new patch. I am a bit worried about the combination of higher VP for enemies and more damage from them. I can't handle mobs of 3 very well and my solution so far has been to simply sneak past them. No VP for killing them = No loss. We'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll be back here complaining ;)

dear lord, that is the entire point... you haven't played the new patch then why are you commenting on things having to do with the new patch... go play it and come back.

The whining and complaining didn't start yesterday. They've been with us since early release. I wasn't commenting on the newest trend for complainers but on the constant complaining since day one and I'm pretty sure the OP was too. I'll report back after playing some with the new patch. Stay on the edge of your seat please ;)
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh gee, another productive whining about whining thread. This is new and exciting.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    How did they manage getting to VR10?

They managed it before this patch just like you did.

^ this.
  • sevcik.miroslaveb17_ESO
    I must say that I did not come across many people who complained about PVE experience. So I do not understand what is the point of this topic?

PVE is perfectly fine (except bots which are runing gameplay entirely)
  • Regoras
    Regoras
    ✭✭✭
    There is so much irony in this thread I had to make your... uhh... "quote" my signature.

• Soothy
    Soothy
    ✭✭✭

He is close give him that much.

And he is right I will give him that much as well.

Sadly the community is full of whining babies who have been drip fed CoD and want everything easy for them. Casual and stupid - just come right here and complain about it.

I'm tired of it but my patch is downloading, wife is annoying me and I cbf with doing much else apart from scanning forums

Lets all chill people --- FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS

Close to what? To not understanding the whole misquote? So that makes him close to well, nothing? Okay....

And then you follow on with a generalisation that "the community is full of whining babies". It is life, you will always have conflict and disagreement.

We're not in the Cold War by the way...
    Edited by Soothy on 23 May 2014 12:24
    ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭
    I must say that I did not come across many people who complained about PVE experience. So I do not understand what is the point of this topic?

PVE is perfectly fine (except bots which are runing gameplay entirely)

Well, take the Dragonknights for instance. We have a group of people going "You've ruined my character! I quit!" and another group going "Learn to play the DK properly and the nerf won't matter". There are threads from people threatening to rage quit because of their shield bash not working in PvE anymore. Also a lot of people are complaining about NB being useless. I just wonder if majority of ESO players are the casual ones who don't mind paying the fee and playing around the bugs without jumping to the forums to rage and rant. I hope so for the future of this game.
  • Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sheer volume of complaints, the lack of perspective, the entitled tone, and the general obnoxiousness of a lot of the posts here really makes me ashamed of my fellow gamers. For the love of all that's holy, there are actual people on the other end of the abuse.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭
    I anticipate if the undocumented changes to VR content stand, within a month or two the OP will get his wish.

Because it takes a player base to produce whining.
    Edited by Yankee on 23 May 2014 12:25
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭
    How is it that friends of mine and players in guild do just fine and don't complain whether soloing or doing group content. How did they manage getting to VR10?
    I also know the players that can't manage and blames unbalance. They don't dodge, they don't cc, they spend traits and skills all wrong. Ive played with tanks asking "What is this taunt? Puncture? I don't have. I can never block, stamina to low" and so forth. Get a clue why he's on the forums complaining it's too hard.

Try new builds, other setups. There is no Rant skill that can be maxed to 50 that gives any advantages in game to my knowledge so either stfu and L2P or quit.

We could all do with some tweaks, buffs and nerfs. It will come in time. Did the game release before finsihed? Hell yeah, but it seems some do very well and others struggle. Don't blame the game if you can't muster a solution to your own problems.

yeah your amazing.

• Ohioastro
    Ohioastro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yankee wrote: »
    I anticipate if the undocumented changes to VR content stand, within a month or two the OP will get his wish.

I doubt that they are intended, but screaming is not a productive response.
  • DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭
    Ohioastro wrote: »
    The sheer volume of complaints, the lack of perspective, the entitled tone, and the general obnoxiousness of a lot of the posts here really makes me ashamed of my fellow gamers. For the love of all that's holy, there are actual people on the other end of the abuse.

Welcome to the forums of an MMO. Where common civility and courtesy are thrown out the window in favour for indignant flames and being a prick for no apparent reason.

Hope you brought your fire-retardant suit, enjoy your stay.

Seriously, though. This is nothing new. Every single MMO's 'Community' is largely the same, self importance and the overly dramatic and rude reactions/responses are very par for the course. You should grow a thick skin or learn how not to let those things bother you, in the end it'll be you who decides whether these types of people are able to get to you or not or whether you just don't care because it's all kinds of pathetic.

Voicing opinions and making suggestions is one thing; being extremely rude, condescending, and self important is a wholly different one.
    Edited by DireKit on 23 May 2014 12:29
  • Soothy
    Soothy
    ✭✭✭
    DireKit wrote: »

Welcome to the forums of an MMO. Where common civility and courtesy are thrown out the window in favour for indignant flames and being a prick for no apparent reason.

Seriously, though. This is nothing new. Every single MMO's 'Community' is largely the same, self importance and the overly dramatic and rude reactions/responses are very par for the course. You should grow a thick skin or learn how not to let those things bother you, in the end it'll be you who decides whether these types of people are able to get to you or not or whether you just don't care because it's all kind of pathetic.

Voicing opinions and making suggestions is one thing; being extremely rude, condescending, and self important is a wholly different one.

You said it all perfectly.
    ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭

Seriously, though. This is nothing new. Every single MMO's 'Community' is largely the same, self importance and the overly dramatic and rude reactions/responses are very par for the course. You should grow a thick skin or learn how not to let those things bother you, in the end it'll be you who decides whether these types of people are able to get to you or not or whether you just don't care because it's all kinds of pathetic.

How nice to give a detailed description of yourself.
    When you buy a car andyou drive and only have 1 wheel left and it dont move you also complain. people complain because they care and hoped for a half decent game.
    Edited by esoone on 23 May 2014 12:32
  • Big_O
    Big_O
    Yup nothing to whine about at all. Being 1 shot killed by random trash mob is perfectly fine, lol.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2njfuc6.jpg
  • DireKit
    DireKit
    ✭✭✭
    esoone wrote: »
    When you buy a car andyou drive and only have 1 wheel left and it dont move you also complain. people complain because they care and hoped for a half decent game.

Not really. We have porphyria and We're blind in one eye, making driving an impossibility. We'd probably be thankful the car didn't move because otherwise We'd probably get ourselves killed. ;D
  • ozgod22_eso
    ozgod22_eso
    ✭✭✭

Probably because the majority of people who have no problems don't come to the forums and post about how satisfied they are. It's usually the wrist slitters and whinging bleating sooks who come to forums to have a whinge when something negative is done to their class or they didn't get the "buff they need to be viable".
  • Yankee
    Yankee
    ✭✭✭✭

It has been half a day with multiple threads on the subject. They have answered trivial threads and ignore this issue. A simple response of intended or bug would have worked for me.

I have never seen an MMO company with worse communication.
  • KleanZlate
    KleanZlate
    ✭✭✭

Getting tired of these car comparisons but I'll play along. Say you buy a car for racing and you put all your money in a car with the biggest engine, the most torque, best tires and amazing handling. You start racing but soon realize other racers are passing you buy quite easily. Seems like they spent time learning to drive their cars instead of making them sparkly and powerful. Now, what do you do? Complain about your engine parts or learn to drive properly?
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CombatBeard Yo dawg, I heard you like whining!
    Stop whining about whining so I can stop whining about whining about whining.

Edited by kewl on 23 May 2014 12:55
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭

It has been half a day with multiple threads on the subject. They have answered trivial threads and ignore this issue. A simple response of intended or bug would have worked for me.

I have never seen an MMO company with worse communication.

This 100%
  • esoone
    esoone
    ✭✭✭

Getting tired of these car comparisons but I'll play along. Say you buy a car for racing and you put all your money in a car with the biggest engine, the most torque, best tires and amazing handling. You start racing but soon realize other racers are passing you buy quite easily. Seems like they spent time learning to drive their cars instead of making them sparkly and powerful. Now, what do you do? Complain about your engine parts or learn to drive properly?

That depends on how its advertised.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: a deranged state of the mind usually occurring as a specific disorder (as schizophrenia)

2: such unsoundness of mind or lack of understanding as prevents one from having the mental capacity required by law to enter into a particular relationship, status, or transaction or as removes one from criminal or civil responsibility

3 a : extreme folly or unreasonableness
    b : something utterly foolish or unreasonable

You are quoting a video game. (NSFW language)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmJngOYQDGw
    Edited by yodased on 23 May 2014 13:09
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Phaedryn
    Phaedryn
    ✭✭✭
    Who's whining? I simply unsubbed ;)
  • ZOS_AmeliaR
    ZOS_AmeliaR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closing this thread because it is not in line with our Community Code of Conduct, which does not allow for baiting. Our forums are here for constructive, healthy discussion about ESO. We understand (and expect) that not everyone will agree with the changes made to the game, nor will everyone agree with each other's opinions on a specific topic. Feedback from the community is extremely important to ESO's development, and complaining about complaining does not contribute to the constructive environment we work to maintain on our forums.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.