Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

a little perspective...

RinaldoGandolphi
RinaldoGandolphi
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I heard new patch and cralorn came out. I see a lot of negative posts already...thats disheartening...i have to say folks need to take a chill pill.

let me put this is perspective...may 24th of last year my dad had a stroke, almost lost him...messed him up bad...i spent 9 months of my life, blood, sweat, and tears to get him back to a functional life.

I finally got him back, this game comes out...i haven't got to play a lot, but what I did get to play I liked.

yesterday. My dad had a massive seizure and nearly died...he was on life support breathing through ventilator in critical care....through lots of prayers and his will to fight, he is now off the ventilator and is stable and talking....its a miracle....tests still nerd to be done on his heart and stuff, but I'm thankful he will still be here.

this may be my last post on here for quite sometime...

if there is only one thing I can ask, that is please enjoy the game, for me and my families sake....we have a very long road ahead of us now...keep us in your thoughts. I'll admit I'm scared, but the only thing that matters to me now...is my father......

never take for granted those you have around that love you...your parents, your wife, your kids l, make it a point to spend as much time with them as you can, hug them, tell them that you love them...you never know when tommorow may be the last time...i nearly lost the chance to tell my dad.....

take care eso community,and enjoy this game for not only my sake, but my family too, for every other family out there who may be struggling as well.
Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
Officer Fire and Ice
Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Slash8915
    Slash8915
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your dad, and I hope for a speedy recovery...

But what exactly does any of that have to do with a broken game?
    Edited by Slash8915 on 23 May 2014 02:11
    VR12 Templar Tank
    VR6 Dragonknight DPS
    VR3 Templar Healer
  • terovian2000b14_ESO
    Heartfelt post, woodsro. My best to you, your dad, and your family!
  • lioslinn
    lioslinn
    ✭✭✭
    My thoughts go to you and your dad! May he have a swift recovery.

He just means people get waaay too worked up about changes to a game and to look at the big picture
    reality.sys corrupted-reboot universe [y/n] _
  • temjiu
    temjiu
    ✭✭✭✭
    keep you in my prayers tonight friend...

It is good to be reminded often of what we take for granted. But, at the same time, if someone feels like they are not getting what they paid for, its not a good thing to ignore it, no matter what the situation. There may be times that its not needed at that time...and you bring it up later.

And it's never good to hold back your feelings on something that drastically impacts you, even if everything else is going well. communication is key to improving these games.
  • SanguineReaper
    SanguineReaper
    Soul Shriven
    I know exactly how you feel. My father was fighting cancer back when SWTOR came out and I ended up spending a lot of time caring for him that I didn't get to play until a couple months after release. The one thing I can tell you in hindsight is that games are really not that important when compared to spending time with one's parent. I don't have mine anymore and I would give almost anything to spend another day with him. ESO will more than likely still be here when your father recovers or God forbid, is taken on to a better place. Just remember that although games are a great way for one to spend time; one's time spent and memories made with a parent are priceless in comparison to achieving top level in a game.
  • CTraveler
    CTraveler
    ✭✭✭
    Well said, @woodsro and good luck with your family.

See you in Tamirel, one day. :)
  • Mortelus
    Mortelus
    ✭✭✭
    You have my most sincerest wishes woodsro, and I hope for a swift recovery for your dad.

But perspective is from your own viewpoint, and people who have nothing really happening in their lives will complain about more trivial matters. It's human nature.

I use to moan about some pretty pointless things in the UK, now I live in China I realise the folly of my complaining.
    Edited by Mortelus on 23 May 2014 02:21
    Who has time? But if we never take time how can we ever have time?
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slash8915 wrote: »
    But what exactly does any of that have to do with a broken game?

Hate to agree but I do.

A hell of a lot of us have gone through horrible times. Some folk have lost people close to them. I won't list mine, it's got nothing to do with the game or anyone here.

While what you went through isn't nice, it has no bearing on peoples view of the game.
  • pysta
    pysta
    ✭✭✭
    woodsro wrote: »
    I heard new patch and cralorn came out. I see a lot of negative posts already...thats disheartening...i have to say folks need to take a chill pill.

let me put this is perspective...may 24th of last year my dad had a stroke, almost lost him...messed him up bad...i spent 9 months of my life, blood, sweat, and tears to get him back to a functional life.

I finally got him back, this game comes out...i haven't got to play a lot, but what I did get to play I liked.

yesterday. My dad had a massive seizure and nearly died...he was on life support breathing through ventilator in critical care....through lots of prayers and his will to fight, he is now off the ventilator and is stable and talking....its a miracle....tests still nerd to be done on his heart and stuff, but I'm thankful he will still be here.

this may be my last post on here for quite sometime...

if there is only one thing I can ask, that is please enjoy the game, for me and my families sake....we have a very long road ahead of us now...keep us in your thoughts. I'll admit I'm scared, but the only thing that matters to me now...is my father......

never take for granted those you have around that love you...your parents, your wife, your kids l, make it a point to spend as much time with them as you can, hug them, tell them that you love them...you never know when tommorow may be the last time...i nearly lost the chance to tell my dad.....

take care eso community,and enjoy this game for not only my sake, but my family too, for every other family out there who may be struggling as well.

When you come back, I'll be there I hope to give you a hand and it will be my pleasure to help you in any way I can. Please be safe you and all of your familly and much love.

~Piery SilverWolf

PS: I agree with you my friend, people need to take a chill pill...
  • Audigy
    Audigy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am sorry about your dad and wish him a speedy recovery. You are absolutely right that this here is only a game and the real stuff that matters happens outside of it.
  • One Two
    One Two
    ✭✭
    Please enjoy this game on behalf of your family?
    no, i will enjoy it the way I ENJOY THINGS, you don't pay for my monthly fee.

all the best to your dad, i hope he pulls through.
    Two tears in a Mother!@$&ing Bucket, !@$& it.
    - CT Fletcher
  • michaelpatrickjonesnub18_ESO
    Life experience. It's what makes some gamers more mature than others.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear about your father, my heart goes out to you, bro.
  • Nox_Aeterna
    Nox_Aeterna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really , really dont understand what this got to do with the game , at all.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."
    -Hanlon's razor
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @woodsro

You are right about perspective, something I alluded to earlier elsewhere when people were getting ill-tempered waiting for the servers to restart. I do think it is possible to post constructive feedback on bugs and other concerns without the snark, insults, and ultimatums, and I try to support threads of issues I am affected by which do so.

I wish you and your family the best with your current crisis. There are so many things more important than video games, and family is one of them.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Jimm_ay
    Jimm_ay
    ✭✭✭
    First off sorry about your father...

but...they released a patch with huge, glaring, obvious flaws. If not and it is really meant to be like this...then I am leaving. I will go back to swtor or try out the new mmos....I didn't pay a lot of money invest a lot of time to have them turn 3 mobs into god mode for npcs, nerf all the good powers and not fixe the broken ones...
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. I really appreciate it. He needs open heart surgery for 4 bypasses, but they can do it until next week due to complications.

I know this post didn't have much to do with the game, I just needed an ear. Everyone here has been wonderful in that regard. Thank you very much, this is a great community.

I hope they get things fixed for those having problems, please keep us in your thoughts, and thanks again for the kind words...it means a lot.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak