Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Justice System and Housing Update!

LexonLightbringer
LexonLightbringer
✭✭✭
In an exclusive interview with IGN, Creative Director Paul Sage discusses the timeline for a Justice System and Player Housing! Sage estimates that the Justice System will be incorporated into the game after the Fourth Major Update. This suggests a timeline of seven and half months. When asked about player housing, Sage replies that Housing will not be incorporated into the game until ESO has an Anniversary or Two. The full Interview can be seen here: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/22/the-elder-scrolls-online-should-still-hit-consoles-this-year

Being that Elder Scrolls games are known for both Housing and a Justice System how does this information regarding there perspective implementation effect your overall opinion of the game? Where you hoping it would be sooner?

If you had a choice between Housing and the Justice System, which one would you want first? Do you think that Housing should be included in an expansion or a regular Update?

What if Player Housing is same old... same old...? Paul Sage suggests that the reason for the long development of Player Housing is in part because "it has to be something that’s done differently and done well,".

What if we wait two years for Player Housing that's modeled after every other MMO, would anyone be disappointed?

If you had a choice, would you rather have Player Housing in Six months that is very similar to every other MMO, or wait two years for some revolutionary system?

Anyone have any ideas how they could improve Housing, that would justify the wait suggested by Paul Sage. It seems most MMO's that have housing follow the same basic principles. How would ESO Housing be different, or how could they make it different?
Edited by LexonLightbringer on 22 May 2014 18:18
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when i look at these people i really feel embarrased for them. i dont think they even have any clue at all about what elderscrolls is. and they look all proud and happy like they think we got what we want. really sickens me.
  • Hoylegu
    Hoylegu
    ✭✭✭
    and they look all proud and happy like they think we got what we want. really sickens me.

Speak for yourself. I love ES and I love this game. I therefore have logically rendered your quoted argument invalid.
  • LexonLightbringer
    LexonLightbringer
    ✭✭✭
    Hoylegu wrote: »
    and they look all proud and happy like they think we got what we want. really sickens me.

Speak for yourself. I love ES and I love this game. I therefore have logically rendered your quoted argument invalid.

Would you love this game more if it had a Justice System and/or Player Housing?

• Inupis
    Inupis
    ✭✭✭
    if they made Skyrim with MMO qualities I never would have bought it. Anyone that wanted that never really played MMO's.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure. That's why I'm looking forward to their addition, and all the other content that will be added down the line. If you launch an MMO with all the content already in there, that MMO will not last long.
    ----
    Murray?
  • LexonLightbringer
    LexonLightbringer
    ✭✭✭
    Inupis wrote: »
    if they made Skyrim with MMO qualities I never would have bought it. Anyone that wanted that never really played MMO's.

So your saying you enjoy this watered down Skyrim better?
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    player housing is a complete waste of time, and always has been. Make the bank system realistic and useable.
  • Warlordgreebo
    Warlordgreebo
    ✭✭
    Yes! I am actually happy to see newer content coming.

Now could you imagine, as Thieves Guild you get to steal as your guild mission.

But now there is the Justice guy... at a certain level of thievery this guy is coming with his posse to hunt your ass down.

Course, there would have to be protections from cheats.. or just logging out to escape the law! And there would have to be some serious rewards for bagging a player.

Eh, it may be too complex to do between players just yet. But it is a neat idea:)
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly I didn't even expect a justice system or Thieves/ Assassins guilds in an MMO as I didn't think that kind of functionality could possibly translate in a balanced way. I'm thrilled that they're planning to attempt that at all. If your enjoyment of this game depends entirely on future content, then you need to move on. Expansions won't magically make the core of a game more palatable to you. This is not some special slight against you. I do practice what I preach with games which don't strike me. Dragonborn and Hearthfire did not make or break Skyrim for instance. You either liked the core of the gameplay or you didn't.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    justice system should have been something that was worked on from DAY ONE. six to seven months is way too long.

Housing should have been a patch soon after... a year or two makes me sad.

I love this game but... that sort of makes me sad.
  • LexonLightbringer
    LexonLightbringer
    ✭✭✭

Sure. That's why I'm looking forward to their addition, and all the other content that will be added down the line. If you launch an MMO with all the content already in there, that MMO will not last long.

So you enjoy paying $360+60 (or 100) = 420 (or 460) Dollars for Player Housing? I didn't even include the cost of an expansion which will more then likely be required to access Player Housing.
  • nerevarine1138
    nerevarine1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you enjoy paying $360+60 (or 100) = 420 (or 460) Dollars for Player Housing? I didn't even include the cost of an expansion which will more then likely be required to access Player Housing.

That's not how it works. My subscription price doesn't add up to the cost of new features. By your logic, people paid thousands of dollars for pandas in WoW.

I like playing the game now. I'm happy to pay the subscription price now. I will be even happier to pay the subscription price if they keep adding good content.
    ----
    Murray?
  • Elder_III
    Elder_III
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would take Housing first, especially if they do a really good job of making it so that the player can customize it and create/quest/purchase upgrades and decorations for it. Something similar to the Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim would be cool, obviously in an instanced area that you can enter with friends in your party to show off the thousands of hours you put into it. *dreams sweet dreams*
    Semi retired from the trading aspects of the game.
  • aletad11_ESO
    aletad11_ESO
    ✭✭
    A YEAR or TWO for player housing??? As much as so many people want this, that is just unacceptable. There is no way I will even be around for that. Knowing this, my time in ESO will be substantially shortened. I doubt I will even make it to one year although for the most part I do love the game. Oh well. Too little too late as usual just like a lot of other MMO's in the past.
  • LexonLightbringer
    LexonLightbringer
    ✭✭✭

That's not how it works. My subscription price doesn't add up to the cost of new features. By your logic, people paid thousands of dollars for pandas in WoW.

I like playing the game now. I'm happy to pay the subscription price now. I will be even happier to pay the subscription price if they keep adding good content.

Some people did pay thousands of dollars to play as a panda in WOW, that's a fact!
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would choose the justice system, w/o a doubt. Housing is way overrated. If it wasn't people would be going nuts over Landmark. I think the people who demand housing is even smaller than the RP only community.
  • fougerec99b16_ESO
    fougerec99b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Inupis wrote: »

So your saying you enjoy this watered down Skyrim better?

I do.

• RianaTheBosmer
    RianaTheBosmer
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds about right for housing, it took SWTOR 2 yrs. The justice system should have been worked into the game before launch. I love the game though so I'll still be playing.
  • Reenlister
    Reenlister
    ✭✭✭
    Housing and justice would both be very nice. I think I would lean toward housing add first at this time. Justice should have been incorporated at launch, I see a bit of trouble coming from this in the future, as suddenly we may be held accountable for breaches of the law, lol.
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    Meh, these are nice features, but not needed IMO. Work on more valuable and rewarding content IMO.
  • LexonLightbringer
    LexonLightbringer
    ✭✭✭
    zeuseason wrote: »
    Meh, these are nice features, but not needed IMO. Work on more valuable and rewarding content IMO.

Could you elaborate on more rewarding content? Are you suggesting more "Craglorn" like updates?
  • danreckerpreub18_ESO
    I like this game, it's fun, it's a great timesink (Except for inventory management) ...

That said, I do not consider it to be Elder Scrolls without player housing. Earning enough gold to buy your first house in any elder scrolls game has been my favorite part of the series since Morrowind. I am one of those people that spends 12 consecutive hours arranging my trophies and gear until i'm satisfied.

I don't care how many Khajiit and Argonians are running around. It doesn't matter how many arrows I take to the knee, or how many sweet rolls I steal...

Until I have a house, this isn't Elder Scrolls.
  • kitsinni
    kitsinni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some people did pay thousands of dollars to play as a panda in WOW, that's a fact!

Based on your argument your play time is worth nothing and is just an investment towards future updates. That doesn't make any sense.
  • JessieColt
    JessieColt
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you had a choice between Housing and the Justice System, which one would you want first? Do you think that Housing should be included in an expansion or a regular Update?

Justice System.

What I completely and utterly miss about the difference between Skyrim and TESO is The Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood Guilds/quests.

I play a Nightblade, not for what it offers me today, but for what it may offer me in the future, regarding a Justice system (TG/DBG implementation in the future).

Sure, I had houses, both city ones that were earned, and player created (Mod/Add-on) ones.

The only thing I ever used them for was Inventory/book/material storage or to park one of the slaves.. uh, I mean House Carls. Since they always seemed to be banging into my back, or stepping on pressure plates and doing damage to me in dungeons, I hated having them with me all the time.

A Justice system? Oh hell yeah. Being able to sneak into castles, kill or steal, and sneak back out without being caught, added SO much more to being a "sneak thief" in Skyrim, and provided a nice additional challenge to completing quests.

• ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You will be able to buy a house from the store once ESO goes F2P. Maybe you will even be able ot purchase the right to use a game AH!!!News on IGN!
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • zeuseason
    zeuseason
    ✭✭✭
    zeuseason wrote: »

Could you elaborate on more rewarding content? Are you suggesting more "Craglorn" like updates?

More combat endgame gameplay, especially geared for smaller groups then raids. A new class or two. The spellcrafting thing sounds interesting and could blow the top off this game. Jewelcrafting...ie more profs, more account features, better current systems like itemization/lfg tool.....selective respecs, spellsword.

Edited by zeuseason on 22 May 2014 17:27
  • rawne1980b16_ESO
    rawne1980b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I won't be sticking around that long.

Said it in another thread, i'm adding ESO to the pile of MMO's I pop back to every so often when I see an update that interests me.

Looking at that it may be a while before this game gets an update that interests me.

All i'm looking for is Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, crime of some sort and housing.

And those are the updates that are a long way off.

What i'm finding truly sad about it all is you can see some people lose interest just from how they post on the forums.

A month ago, a lot of us were full of the joys of spring. Now i'm seeing some people I had a giggle with slowly fade away or add to the complaints.

From the way things have gone this past month, it's just not the game for me. I did expect more and that's my fault. I expected things like DB and thieves from the start.

Ahhh well, nevermind.
  • Adramelach
    Adramelach
    ✭✭✭
    I would just like to see a working market/exchange. Predicatably, the lack of such a thing has turned Zone Chat into an ersatz auction house, spammed with WTS and WTB, with no good idea on fair pricing, etc... it's a complete mess.

Rather than prevent a player-to-player market, they just made it annoying, intrusive, uncontrolled, and underwhelming... sad.

Get us a proper exchange where goods can be properly bought and sold beyond the highly limited, not-very-useful guild markets that simply lack the population to make it a vibrant and complete offering.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I won't be sticking around that long.

Said it in another thread, i'm adding ESO to the pile of MMO's I pop back to every so often when I see an update that interests me.

Looking at that it may be a while before this game gets an update that interests me.

All i'm looking for is Dark Brotherhood, Thieves Guild, crime of some sort and housing.

And those are the updates that are a long way off.

What i'm finding truly sad about it all is you can see some people lose interest just from how they post on the forums.

A month ago, a lot of us were full of the joys of spring. Now i'm seeing some people I had a giggle with slowly fade away or add to the complaints.

From the way things have gone this past month, it's just not the game for me. I did expect more and that's my fault. I expected things like DB and thieves from the start.

Ahhh well, nevermind.

shame on you for wanting basic elder scrolls tenants in an elder scrolls game. Im getting to that point I have been waiting for an ES MMO since morrowind I'm just starting to wish that whoever made it had elder scrolls in mind a little more
  • LexonLightbringer
    LexonLightbringer
    ✭✭✭
    I like this game, it's fun, it's a great timesink (Except for inventory management) ...

That said, I do not consider it to be Elder Scrolls without player housing. Earning enough gold to buy your first house in any elder scrolls game has been my favorite part of the series since Morrowind. I am one of those people that spends 12 consecutive hours arranging my trophies and gear until i'm satisfied.

I don't care how many Khajiit and Argonians are running around. It doesn't matter how many arrows I take to the knee, or how many sweet rolls I steal...

Until I have a house, this isn't Elder Scrolls.

If Housing was part of an expansion that cost 40
    kitsinni wrote: »

Based on your argument your play time is worth nothing and is just an investment towards future updates. That doesn't make any sense.

Actual it makes perfect sense, Its the definition of the current MMO genre. Imagine if a company released all the content for an MMO at launch and never added any updates. In this reality you would know what you are paying for each month. You could make a choice based on what's already available, not what's going to be available.