Who or what is the red diamond?

Ximinetto
Ximinetto
✭✭✭
Some of the teso inns,there is a bard singing: "red diamond,red diamond..."

This red diamond he talks is a girl? Or what is?
Edited by Ximinetto on 10 April 2020 16:44
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    Red Diamond (Chim-El Adabal) is a hymn sung by bards in The Elder Scrolls Online. The Song is about a powerful artifact called the Amulet of Kings, also known as Chim-El Adabal, or simply Red Diamond. The lyrics are also transcribed in the book Chim-El Adabal: A Ballad.[1]
    Options
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    Side note: The song was written by Lawrence Schick, the lead Loremaster for the game
    Options
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    RD065 wrote: »
    Red Diamond (Chim-El Adabal) is a hymn sung by bards in The Elder Scrolls Online. The Song is about a powerful artifact called the Amulet of Kings, also known as Chim-El Adabal, or simply Red Diamond. The lyrics are also transcribed in the book Chim-El Adabal: A Ballad.[1]
    Side note: The song was written by Lawrence Schick, the lead Loremaster for the game

Ok,then is not a girl. I thoght he is talking about a red hair girl.

Makes sense tho,because you must find the amulet of kings in a history quest of the prophet.

Options
  • Lady_Sleepless
    Lady_Sleepless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You never played Oblivion, did you?
    Options
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Akatosh slew Lorkhan, he ripped his heart right out
    he hurled it across Tamriel and the heart was heard to shout

Red Diamond, Red Diamond, the heart and soul of men!
    Red Diamond, Red Diamond, protect us till the end

The song, both male and female versions, sing about the Amulet of Kings, which does actually tie into the base game's main questline.
    Edited by kadochka on 10 April 2020 17:02
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the heart and soul of men!
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • worrallj
    worrallj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the symbol of the empire I believe.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This piece of Jewelry right here.
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Amulet_of_Kings

200px-OB-item-Amulet_of_Kings.jpg
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never made the connection, since I didn't know that the Amulet of Kings was also known as the Red Diamond.

OB-item-Amulet_of_Kings.jpg
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    I never made the connection, since I didn't know that the Amulet of Kings was also known as the Red Diamond.

OB-item-Amulet_of_Kings.jpg

When you do the main quest, it comes up clearly in dialog from Mannimarco. "Chim El Adabal, the red diamond at the center of the Amulet of Kings, is the most powerful soul gem ever created" from Shadow of Sancre Tor.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. My habit of quickly clicking through quest dialog without reading it has just been revealed. How embarrassing! :#
    Options
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭

No. The elder scrolls online is my first elder scrolls game i ever played. But i know things like skyrim or the daedra just by playing teso and the real life announcements on tv.

Options
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and its most annoying. they should add an option to mute bards
    Options
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »
    When Akatosh slew Lorkhan, he ripped his heart right out
    he hurled it across Tamriel and the heart was heard to shout

Red Diamond, Red Diamond, the heart and soul of men!
    Red Diamond, Red Diamond, protect us till the end

The song, both male and female versions, sing about the Amulet of Kings, which does actually tie into the base game's main questline.

Right,that is the song. However i do not understand english speaked,only some words like the red diamond part. Thanks for clarify tho.
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

and its most annoying. they should add an option to mute bards

Or Blade-of-Woe them. I can see the results now. All of the patrons in the tavern leap to their feet, spilling their drinks, as they scream in horror. Then the guard comes running up, shouting "You criminal scum, we were all listening to that song!" and begins hacking you to death with his or her sword. And all of the Undaunted join in for good measure.
    Options
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ximinetto wrote: »

Chim-el Adabal, the red diamond, is a soul gem made by Ayleids from the blood of Lorkhan, it is a Stone of the White-Gold Tower. Ironically it is also a symbol of any Empire.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
    Options
  • Mindcr0w
    Mindcr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    they should add an option to mute bards

I dunno about all that, but I'd pay good crowns to change all the bards in game into Daahin.
    Options
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭

Lol. It's a lot more powerful than just a red diamond. It's the same It's a powerful artifact known as the Amulet of Kings. Which Akatosh used to make a pact with Alessia (who became Queen Alessia), a slave girl who rebelled against the brutal tyranny of her Aeylid masters. Freed the human imperials who were sadistically enslaved by the Aeylids in Cyrodil. The Amulet was Akatosh's pact with Nedic descendant Imperials and Alessia was the first human/non Elven emperor of Cyrodil.

It's also the same amulet which the 5 companions (Lyris Titanborn, Varius etc) went on their historic quest to find. And the same amulet that was passed down the Cyrodil Emperor bloodline to later descendants.

Which also makes it the same Amulet of Kings you encountered in single player Skyrim IV: Oblivion. When you helped Martin, the last descendant of the Cyrodil emperor bloodline, transform himself into Akatosh's living vessel in order to save Tamriel from invasion by Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon:

Edited by KyleTheYounger on 10 April 2020 18:22
    Options
  • Universe
    Universe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    the-amulet-of-kings-slips-off-as-you-try-to-41873304.png
    Some videos I recorded for fun: Main character:
    PC EU main: Universe - AD magicka Sorcerer, Former Emperor, Grand Overlord, The Merciless, Trial Bosses Solo Champion
    Top alts: Genius(stamina/sagicka Dragonknight) The Force(stamina Nightblade) and other chars.
    PC NA main: The Magic - AD magicka Sorcerer
    Started playing ESO in beta & early access
    User_ID: Daedric_Prince
    Options
  • Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭

Lol. It's a lot more powerful than just a red diamond. It's the same It's a powerful artifact known as the Amulet of Kings. Which Akatosh used to make a pact with Alessia (who became Queen Alessia), a slave girl who rebelled against the brutal tyranny of her Aeylid masters. Freed the human imperials who were sadistically enslaved by the Aeylids in Cyrodil. The Amulet was Akatosh's pact with Nedic descendant Imperials and Alessia was the first human/non Elven emperor of Cyrodil.

It's also the same amulet which the 5 companions (Lyris Titanborn, Varius etc) went on their historic quest to find. And the same amulet that was passed down the Cyrodil Emperor bloodline to later descendants.

Which also makes it the same Amulet of Kings you encountered in single player Skyrim IV: Oblivion. When you helped Martin, the last descendant of the Cyrodil emperor bloodline, transform himself into Akatosh's living vessel in order to save Tamriel from invasion by Daedric Prince Mehrunes Dagon:

I read the entire lore of the amulet of kings. What i want to know is what happen after the destruction of the amulet. The events in skyrim?

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I read the entire lore of the amulet of kings. What i want to know is what happen after the destruction of the amulet. The events in skyrim?

Skyrim happens some 200 years after the events of TES Oblivion.

Essentially, Martin Septim destroys the Amulet of Kings and sacrifices himself to mantle Akatosh in order to defeat Mehrunes Dagon and make the anti-daedra protections permanent. Then the player character finishes the game, possibly becoming Sheogorath in the Shivering Isles DLC if you buy into some of the Skyrim easter eggs from the Sheo quest.

In the next couple decades, the Thalmor rise to power, Chancellor Ocato gets assassinated, the Empire falls into turmoil, and eventually Titus Made makes himself emperor, thus starting the Mede dynasty we meet in Skyrim.
    Options
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mindcr0w wrote: »
    they should add an option to mute bards

I dunno about all that, but I'd pay good crowns to change all the bards in game into Daahin.

So many crowns 😳
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You realize Oblivion is 14 years old now. No surprise there's going to be people around who may not have even heard of it. Particularly younger people.

And now I feel old for having bought it when it launched while on a business trip. :s
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • Wolfshade
    Wolfshade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14Years? Damn long time ago. But can remember many stuff and the fun i had!
    Options
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, how do you think I feel? I bought Arena the day it released at the game shop that used to be in the mall - 27 March 1994 (it was a couple days later than real release - Utah was pretty backward back then.... well, still is I guess!) And I followed up with every TES game and the DLCs through all the years after.
    Edited by Sylvermynx on 10 April 2020 21:19
    Options
  • akdave0
    akdave0
    ✭✭✭✭
    red gine, red gine, don't smack the beav too hard...…

that's what sung in our house.
    Options
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

You realize Oblivion is 14 years old now. No surprise there's going to be people around who may not have even heard of it. Particularly younger people.

And now I feel old for having bought it when it launched while on a business trip. :s

I feel old now to as it was my first Elder Scrolls game. I still remember when I was in Middle School and some guys were talking about Skyrim after it had come out. I told them "Oh, I'm still playing Oblivion." and they gave me the most confused look ever before one of them laughed and was like "Hah, you're still stuck on Oblivion!" ((Classic middle school, right?))

Even when Skyrim was new people had not even heard of Oblivion, or even Morrowind for that matter.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

Its still a little funny to me when people ask lore questions answered by the main plot of the other TES games. Stuff like:

Why can't we be Dragonborn in ESO?
    Because then the plot of ESO wouldn't work, as we'd just relight the Dragonfires - from TES Oblivion (ZOS cribbed So Much of ESO's main quest from Oblivion its not even funny.)

What's up with the Dwemer?
    Talk to Yagrum Bagarn in TES Morrowind

Now I'm anticipating the inevitable questions about lore from Skyrim. And then I'll really feel old. :)
    Options