Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

250k TV Stones for a Polymorph??

SlayerSyrena
SlayerSyrena
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm hoping this insane price on the PTS is not 'set in stone' yet. I absolutely LOVE Imperial City but I don't want to feel the need to grind there for stones until I'm 90 years old.

screenshot_20160426_105806_by_slayersyrena-da0fgjj.png
Edited by SlayerSyrena on 26 April 2016 18:32
PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
Guest on first ESO Live
My ESO fan art and comics
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the bonuses to district capture, and the IC mobs being nerfed to oblivion, farm 250k won't be that hard.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not hard to obtain. Just boring.

Hoping the changes will make it fun again.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At least there is a way to get them now. Spent a ridiculous amount the first months and only got one of them.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not hard to obtain? Interesting you're right it's not hard to obtain but is it hard in the perspective that you must literally grind for hours on in; short answer yes. I haven't seen any new or compelling poly-morphs in the PTS but I'll check again to make sure.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg a quarter, take te flag, farm, you'll be able to get them really easily.
    The main advantage is that they can be sold.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what I was expecting, but that is definitely a bit of a shock.
  • LBxFinalDeath
    LBxFinalDeath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I'm against them selling the polymorphs outright with no chance of failure but that may just be me.
    Edited by LBxFinalDeath on 26 April 2016 16:30
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Farming three quarters of a million TV's?

Hmmm...

Will pass on that one thanks.
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not so easy for everyone... People who already has them complained because they need to spend 50k-100k on reward boxes to get one. Now, it's even worse.At least it's not a lottery anymore.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You also get 33% extra in disctricts.

Saw a guy carrying 10k stones get 66 stones or something from 1 mob. It's only slow if you don't risk it.

Though lowering them down a bit to 100k or something would be nice, it's grindy but not impossible.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    250k? Even for a NB that's quite the grind
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Saw a guy carrying 10k stones get 66 stones or something from 1 mob. It's only slow if you don't risk it.

Though lowering them down a bit to 100k or something would be nice, it's grindy but not impossible.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats nothing I get like 20k daily, my best is 35k.
  • WaTeR-aBuSeR
    WaTeR-aBuSeR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only had to spend bout 50k and got two of them. Just buy the cheapest box atm and it shouldn't be that hard to get them. I wish they added the scamp and skin to the boxes instead of just drops.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    With the bonuses to district capture, and the IC mobs being nerfed to oblivion, farm 250k won't be that hard.

NOOOOOO. NO. They are nerfing the IC mobs!? Source?
    If I wanted to fight things that hit like soggy noodles, I'd go bak to WoW....
    Edited by kadar on 28 April 2016 16:01
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I seriously hope they dont nerf the strenght of ic mobs, its challenging fighting there, or atleast close to challenging, if anything they should buff them.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • MisterBastahrd
    MisterBastahrd
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like I'll never have a draugr polymorph. That's even dumber than the price of the Akaviri motifs.
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I swear, you guys want everything handed to you on a silver plater. Go farm mobs , take districts, and kill people. Within a month you'll have 250k stones. Sheesh. Buy the random bags and you'll get one for under a 100k.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its perfectly correct price. that much u f.ck up if i try to open it at the normal way xD so stop whinning. not whatever if u spend 250k at once or just normally? :) nothing bad about it :)
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭

"Risk it"? That's what you call facing 2 zerg factions that will guard these districts like bloodhounds?

Yeah, no. This only empowers the already powerful players and even if it is guaranteed the difference from 3k to 250k is... I don't have the words.

The reduction to stones lost is nice but that doesn't really matter if you can't gain any TV in the first place.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the idea, execution might need some work though. On the other hand, I hate lockbox lotteries and RNG, so this might be pretty cool overall.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am sort of glad that I don't ever use Polymporphs or Costumes for that matter.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Marktoneth3
    Marktoneth3
    ✭✭✭
    trying to farm in Azura It was really hard
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they also consider adding the soul shriven skin. Molag Bal just isn't ever in a giving mood when I'm around.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

NOOOOOO. NO. They are needing the IC mobs!? Source?

source? download PTS and get into IC, mobs are nerfed really hard, both bosses and regular mobs. You can now solo those bosses on IC that used to wipe entire groups.
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    i have gotten two form the green boxes, probably spent over 100k for both
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has spent 345,000 stones (yes 345k) on green boxes... I'll say I am grateful. It SHOULD be hard to obtain.

I spent the stones on 575 green boxes. With that amount of stones, I could have bought 34.5 stacks or rubedo leather. Leather was selling around 50k per stack for a while and still is high, and that would have netted me 1,750,000 in gold.

Realistically I spent nearly 2 million gold on my one single polymorph. I realize others have gotten them much much cheaper than me, but this is something I wanted forever and I was willing to earn it.

So again I'll clarify and say I am glad it's expensive as ***, it should be.
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not hard to obtain? Interesting you're right it's not hard to obtain but is it hard in the perspective that you must literally grind for hours on in; short answer yes.

So, to clarify. To you...

Hard = Boring

Example: Learning to fly a plane is boring.

Keep in mind you're enrolled @ Plane Flying School.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um @ManDraKE they've always been soloable. Now just by more people.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they reduce the amount needed. 250k each is just stupid.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP