Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

250k TV Stones for a Polymorph??

• Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    As someone who has spent 345,000 stones (yes 345k) on green boxes... I'll say I am grateful. It SHOULD be hard to obtain.

I spent the stones on 575 green boxes. With that amount of stones, I could have bought 34.5 stacks or rubedo leather. Leather was selling around 50k per stack for a while and still is high, and that would have netted me 1,750,000 in gold.

Realistically I spent nearly 2 million gold on my one single polymorph. I realize others have gotten them much much cheaper than me, but this is something I wanted forever and I was willing to earn it.

So again I'll clarify and say I am glad it's expensive as ***, it should be.

You would have easily gotten all 3 if you went with blue boxes. But you didn't. And because of that you want everyone else to suffer the same way. Except now they won't even be able to gain TV unless their faction dominates the districts.

There is a big difference between something being difficult or a challenge and something that is just not attainable for you.
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyx2 wrote: »
    As someone who has spent 345,000 stones (yes 345k) on green boxes... I'll say I am grateful. It SHOULD be hard to obtain.

I spent the stones on 575 green boxes. With that amount of stones, I could have bought 34.5 stacks or rubedo leather. Leather was selling around 50k per stack for a while and still is high, and that would have netted me 1,750,000 in gold.

Realistically I spent nearly 2 million gold on my one single polymorph. I realize others have gotten them much much cheaper than me, but this is something I wanted forever and I was willing to earn it.

You would have easily gotten all 3 if you went with blue boxes. But you didn't. And because of that you want everyone else to suffer the same way. Except now they won't even be able to gain TV unless their faction dominates the districts.

There is a big difference between something being difficult or a challenge and something that is just not attainable for you.

How so? You would have thought buying nearly 600 green boxes I would have gotten it too. Right? There's no guarantee of any boxes providing the poly, plus the devs had said there is NOT a higher chance for the blues to have the polys than the greens.

As someone who has dropped as much as I have Into it (and I doubt very seriously you've done the legwork I have towards this) it sounds to me like YOURE the one who wants something easily.

I could have gotten the 3 polys from 3 simple green boxes, or blue boxes. But I didn't. So don't tell me why or how it's easy or not to obtain. I challenge ANYONE to show they've opened the same amount of boxes as me.

It's hard to get. And the price reflects that. As it should be. If it's so easy to get from blue boxes get on the live server and get all 3 for less than 275k. I wanna see how easy it would be.
    Edited by N0TPLAYER2 on 26 April 2016 19:19
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can still just do it by buying the boxes and they have added more boxes that yield more worthwhile rewards that you can get the polys from.

Giving you the option to buy one for 250k on top of it isn't so bad.
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭

How so? You would have thought buying nearly 600 green boxes I would have gotten it too. Right? There's no guarantee of any boxes providing the poly, plus the devs had said there is NOT a higher chance for the blues to have the polys than the greens.

As someone who has dropped as much as I have Into it (and I doubt very seriously you've done the legwork I have towards this) it sounds to me like YOURE the one who wants something easily.

I could have gotten the 3 polys from 3 simple green boxes, or blue boxes. But I didn't. So don't tell me why or how it's easy or not to obtain. I challenge ANYONE to show they've opened the same amount of boxes as me.

It's hard to get. And the price reflects that. As it should be. If it's so easy to get from blue boxes get on the live server and get all 3 for less than 275k. I wanna see how easy it would be.

Except now they won't even be able to gain TV unless their faction dominates the districts.

Everything I digged up when researching this indicated a greatly increased chance for them to drop with blue boxes. But that is all besides the point when I can't earn any TV which you just plain ignore.

I could not care less about actual drop rates but that seems to be your justification for making it difficult to achieve.
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I have spent about 20-30k stones on 2 of the skins. I wont spend 250k for a guarantee. I'd rather roll the dice and sell the stones :wink:
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like 100k would be much more reasonable.
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • MerkzM8
    MerkzM8
    ✭✭✭
    250k is completely reasonable. 100k Tel Var is going to be VERY easily obtainable in DB, do you guys seriously expect ZOS to just give it to you? No, you have to work for it, and rightly so.
    "What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?" - Paarthurnax
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭
    MerkzM8 wrote: »
    250k is completely reasonable. 100k Tel Var is going to be VERY easily obtainable in DB, do you guys seriously expect ZOS to just give it to you? No, you have to work for it, and rightly so.

From someone whose already spent over 500k stones on boxes to get my desired polymorph to no avail, even with the polymorph guaranteed its still too much. People aren't asking to be handed stuff here, its just a little absurd that a costume demands at minimum 25 hours of constant grinding with everything working in your favor (no ganks and constantly running with +10k stones for multiplier, which is ofc unsustainable). I bet most players would be lucky to pull even 5k stones an hour, which means you'd have to grind for 50 hours for a single costume. Bare in mind this is coming from someone who has enough gold to dish out +1 mil for the polymorph without any real thought, regularly has emp to grind stones at +20k\hr, and is engaged in the single most grueling grind in the game (PvP lvl 50). Asking someone to spend that much time on grinding in the sewers to get a polymorph that some people got with 1k stones thanks to RNGesus is just absurd.
    Edited by The-Baconator on 27 April 2016 02:13
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The biggest complaint about IC was the lack of incentive and the lack of population. So, they added some really high costing incentive. I am okay with it. I like IC, so I like it that people will have a reason to be there.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I just don't get you people... First you want something worth earning stuff for then when you have it you complain because it "takes too long"? Make up your minds already!

If something took literally 5 minutes to obtain it would not be worth earning, thus rendering you bored with nothing to work for. Like it or not people grinding is what gets you reward that are truly worthy in an MMO. Otherwise you might as well just play a game where you can get anything you want by simply making it magically yours instantly.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on 27 April 2016 02:34
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I just don't get you people... First you want something worth earning stuff for then when you have it you complain because it "takes too long"? Make up your minds already!

If something took literally 5 minutes to obtain it would not be worth earning, thus rendering you bored with nothing to work for. Like it or not people grinding is what gets you reward that are truly worthy in an MMO. Otherwise you might as well just play a game where you can get anything you want by simply making it magically yours instantly.

What's not to get is how ignorant some people are. I made a little over 3k over several long days thanks to ambush squads just sitting at our spawn and quests that I can forget about for the very same reason. The gains with big groups aren't that particularly great and even that doesn't help when a bigger zerg runs you over. It's hardly an issue of "it takes too long" rather than "it doesn't work".
  • Gedalya
    Gedalya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they reduce the amount needed. 250k each is just stupid.

I disagree; these are intended to reflect accomplishment. Ostensibly getting these originally would reflect time in the IC gaining Tel Var Stones, and a degree of luck with the RNG.

Can't wait to get these!
    Baskin Robbins always finds out.

Check out my ESO name generator: eso.tamriel.org
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    250k is fine, you want somethign then go earn it, it's not locked behind a RNG wall for once and you'll make a good chunk of money whilst grinding aswell.
    :]
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    250k is fine, you want somethign then go earn it, it's not locked behind a RNG wall for once and you'll make a good chunk of money whilst grinding aswell.

Really? No lying here I got all 3 of them within 27 green 600 stone lockbpxes. ...not even 10% of this new cost. It's horrific.

Would have paid this figure though had they sold an animal cage with the scamp in though, would be far easier for zos than fixing this poxy central "event" I'd jump on the scamp if I could buy. So much want.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Svalinn
    Svalinn
    ✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    With the bonuses to district capture, and the IC mobs being nerfed to oblivion, farm 250k won't be that hard.

ACtually i wonder how the "district capture" is going to impact the game... mybet? It's going to impact the game in a negative way.. let me elaborate this tho.

As PvP is even now.. it's not rare, as far as i remember, that a player wakes up and find out that the whole cyrodill map was conquered by an enemy faction during his/her sleep time... how do i know? because i've been both on the conquered and the conqueror side.. and i still remember people in TS going on all night in order to "conquer all the map" while the majority of the enemies were sleeping and such.

Well if this is going to happen for district capture too then we're going to hae players actually NEVER have any bonus from the discricts because well... either they don't own it at all or all their time will be spent in actually trying to own one only to see it "gone" again the next time they log in.

This makes me wonder how the whole capture thing is actually going to work... if everyone can capture at everytime then we're SURELY in for some truble... expecially on the forums... if one alliance can conquer only a set number of district... we're still going to have truble because people will complain the lack of freedom...

I'm really NOT that excited in finding out how this'll turn out to be :P
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Really? No lying here I got all 3 of them within 27 green 600 stone lockbpxes. ...not even 10% of this new cost. It's horrific.

Would have paid this figure though had they sold an animal cage with the scamp in though, would be far easier for zos than fixing this poxy central "event" I'd jump on the scamp if I could buy. So much want.

When buying boxes you have a chance to never get any of them. So you have the choice: either buy boxes and have a chance to get them (or not :wink: ) or just buy them for 250k TV-Stones....not that bad imo.
    Noobplar
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That will be easy to obtain, they have made it so enemies in the IC are weaker and you get nearly 3x as many TV per kill infact on the PTS I only had a 3x multiplier and was getting over 70 TV per Xivkyn kill.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on 28 April 2016 16:44
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except now they won't even be able to gain TV unless their faction dominates the districts.

Everything I digged up when researching this indicated a greatly increased chance for them to drop with blue boxes. But that is all besides the point when I can't earn any TV which you just plain ignore.

I could not care less about actual drop rates but that seems to be your justification for making it difficult to achieve.

Soooo...Why can't you earn Tel Var stones?
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People complain about how loot/gear is locked behind the Iron curtain of RNG, and then people complain when ZOS gives us a way around the RNG.
    I don't have sympathy for ZOS, but then sometimes I have sympathy for ZOS...
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also concerning the damage nerf to NPCs in IC, this is all I could find that pertains to the overall damage of the NPCs in IC:
    Rebalanced the monsters in Imperial City to make moving around the city easier for the solo player.
    Bosses remain targeted at two player characters.
    Patrolling Horrors and Xivkyn elite are best handled by four or more, but their attacks are now less likely to kill you in one hit.

This I'm ok with^
    The other damage changes seem to be up and down, buff this, nerf that. That's fine with me. If someone knows about more extensive nerfs, I'd love the source info.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Svalinn wrote: »
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    With the bonuses to district capture, and the IC mobs being nerfed to oblivion, farm 250k won't be that hard.

ACtually i wonder how the "district capture" is going to impact the game... mybet? It's going to impact the game in a negative way.. let me elaborate this tho.

As PvP is even now.. it's not rare, as far as i remember, that a player wakes up and find out that the whole cyrodill map was conquered by an enemy faction during his/her sleep time... how do i know? because i've been both on the conquered and the conqueror side.. and i still remember people in TS going on all night in order to "conquer all the map" while the majority of the enemies were sleeping and such.

Well if this is going to happen for district capture too then we're going to hae players actually NEVER have any bonus from the discricts because well... either they don't own it at all or all their time will be spent in actually trying to own one only to see it "gone" again the next time they log in.

This makes me wonder how the whole capture thing is actually going to work... if everyone can capture at everytime then we're SURELY in for some truble... expecially on the forums... if one alliance can conquer only a set number of district... we're still going to have truble because people will complain the lack of freedom...

I'm really NOT that excited in finding out how this'll turn out to be :P

You can capture a district by yourself. There are only three guards at the flag. Unless the enemy is camping the flag it is easier than capturing a Cryodiil resource. It isn't going to be like trying to reverse a nightcapped Cyrodiil.
    PC/EU DC
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    250k is fine. It isn't like you need a polymorph to compete in endgame. If you want it, put the work in.
    PC/EU DC
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What else does the vendor sell now?
    I know about 5k Hakeijos but did they add Weapons/Jewelry for the sets IC introduced (Black Rose, Shield Breaker, etc.)?
    Argonian forever
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's not to get is how ignorant some people are. I made a little over 3k over several long days thanks to ambush squads just sitting at our spawn and quests that I can forget about for the very same reason. The gains with big groups aren't that particularly great and even that doesn't help when a bigger zerg runs you over. It's hardly an issue of "it takes too long" rather than "it doesn't work".

Join a gank squad. Problem solved. If you can't beat em join em. If you see s play style that does work to make lots of stones, why beat your head against the wall and continue to do the opposite which clearly doesn't work. Get a pvp buddy and kill people grinding in vamps. Trust me you will earn a lot more stones much faster.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't say if it is fair or not being how it hasn't gone live yet. I do know IC will change once it does. Probably more like it was when IC was released and the zergs will return although hopefully only temporarily.
  • Nyx2
    Nyx2
    ✭✭✭✭

Join a gank squad. Problem solved. If you can't beat em join em. If you see s play style that does work to make lots of stones, why beat your head against the wall and continue to do the opposite which clearly doesn't work. Get a pvp buddy and kill people grinding in vamps. Trust me you will earn a lot more stones much faster.

"why beat your head against the wall and continue to do the opposite which clearly doesn't work."

What's the "opposite" supposed to be? "LOL just dnt die and kill ppl. so ez lol". That's all that comes across from advice like that.

And join who? I have yet to see a cyrodiil map in which DC can at the very least hold their own faction keeps. No. They're utterly outnumbered so my options are grouping up with the very few people in zone or running with guild that carries people who can't really deal with ganks either. We don't have these "AD private campaigns" and changing faction can't honestly be the solution.

This is not "everyone can do this" or "If you want it, put the work in" or some BS like that. Only the people that are already powerful / people with big guilds can do this.
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they should be more than a 100k, have two from the green boxes.