Another PVP Server?

Turtl3Lov3
Turtl3Lov3
✭✭✭✭
With the recent CP removal in the campaigns of Azura's Star & Blackwater Blade, these campaigns have been mostly abandoned.
(With the exception of Blackwater not being completely empty because it's safe haven for lowbies).

As a result of Azura's abandonment, zerglings and pugs alike have flocked towards Trueflame and Haderus, both of which weren't as laggy and zergy before the recent patch. The fact of the matter is, Truelag & Haderzerg can hardly be considered fun due to the concentration of population during 'Primetime'. If it wasn't for the release of BDO and other games, I'm sure the current condition would be much worse.

The addition of yet another PVP server with an attractive rule set would reduce the concentration of player population and 'help' with latency issues and result in fewer headaches.

Discuss.

panda_turtle_unicorn___by_jorge509-d9g1swt.jpg
  • Psilent
    Psilent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtl3Lov3 wrote: »
    With the recent CP removal in the campaigns of Azura's Star & Blackwater Blade, these campaigns have been mostly abandoned.
    (With the exception of Blackwater not being completely empty because it's safe haven for lowbies).

As a result of Azura's abandonment, zerglings and pugs alike have flocked towards Trueflame and Haderus, both of which weren't as laggy and zergy before the recent patch. The fact of the matter is, Truelag & Haderzerg can hardly be considered fun due to the concentration of population during 'Primetime'. If it wasn't for the release of BDO and other games, I'm sure the current condition would be much worse.

The addition of yet another PVP server with an attractive rule set would reduce the concentration of player population and 'help' with latency issues and result in fewer headaches.

Discuss.

No escape now unless you go to the non-cp campaign.

I haven't been in PvP since the update, but I hear people are getting 3+ FPS :D
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adding another server is the last thing @ZOS is going to do with the low populations on those others.

People will just have to make do with what's available. If they don't want to deal with lag or zergs, try out Azura as there's none of that there.

The loss of CP isn't a big deal to me and I'm having a blast in there fighting against others. A smaller group with a decent strategy can take out a larger group which is how it should be. Numbers shouldn't always guarantee a win and without the damage mitigation that people can get with CP, larger groups can be taken out.

As time goes on, there will be more people in the other campaigns. It just takes a while.

NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP I preferred the low pop of true flame :)
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • GRxKnight
    GRxKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they add another campaign you won't see much change...it's not an issue of the number of servers but rather the games (in)ability to deal with mass amounts of people in an area...these threads always come up and it's always met with the same response of 'don't add another server cause no one will play it'
    Member of Victorem, RÁGE ; Decibel Alumni (RIP)

Kalista Schefer: VR16 AD Sorcerer; Alliance Rank 22

Noxus-Katarina: VR16 AD NB; Alliance Rank 30

Grxknight: VR16 AD DK; Alliance Rank 16

Lorelie Aedel: VR16 AD Templar; Alliance Rank 8
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. No CP vet campaign is a bust. Pretty much everyone jumped to Trueflame. Azuras is going to be a buff campaign most likely.

They should make Haderas a keeps server (resource only is stupid IMO) and maybe add a Vet CP keeps with a 2 week timing.
    Edited by Katahdin on 10 March 2016 16:31
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A queue/group queue system and separate IC. Bam.

Solo players and smaller groups get priority, you can leave group but not join another. Cap servers at 50-100 players per alliance.
    PC EU
    Options
  • Weberda
    Weberda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turtl3Lov3 wrote: »

Discuss.

Sorry old friend but I have to totally disagree. The killed Axe which always was a single faction campaign. Adding back another would just give you again a single faction campaign.

All the ideas about limiting group size or server populations and/or otherwise spreading out simply is the player base trying to fix a problem that ZOS should have fixed over a year ago. They sucked us in with promises of these big multiplayer battles and that's what they should give us. The number of campaigns should be (# of factions -1) thus giving incentive to make each campaign competitive.

However with the reduced campaigns they're going to have to change IC. No way should the IC population be included in the campaign population. As players log on to join in the AvAvA the possibility of getting stuck in a queue because of PvE'rs in IC is going to be very real. (And I don't care what the bosses at ZOS say, IC is a PvE zone, not PvP.)
    Fernwood, EP Haderus NA
    Lo Behold, AD Thornblade NA (formerly Haderus, inactive)
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This goes back to the decision to disrupt existing campaign cultures by inexplicably converting AS to the no CP campaign instead of creating a new campaign.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    This goes back to the decision to disrupt existing campaign cultures by inexplicably converting AS to the no CP campaign instead of creating a new campaign.

It was not an off the cuff decision. It was done that way for a couple of reasons.

They wanted to try and break up the population on Azura hoping it would aleviate the lag. They were hoping more would stay on Azura.

They were using it as a test of the popularity of non CP vet campaign. The probably figured if they left Azura as it was, no one would change because they are OK with it or they were too lazy to change.

If people leave Azura en mass then they know the move was not popular. This is what many of us predicted would happen and as we now know, that is what happened.

As unpopular as the move is, it really is the best way to test the idea. The question is, if and when will they fix it?

Edited by Katahdin on 10 March 2016 19:15
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's too early to be making any big changes. TG has only been out a few days! I don't think a lot of players have had time to decide if they like the No CP campaign or not.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it's too early to be making any big changes. TG has only been out a few days! I don't think a lot of players have had time to decide if they like the No CP campaign or not.

There are some try hards that are all for it but in general I've seen far more people trying to figure out the point of playing there.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I miss the old Trueflame, even if we were badly outnumbered by AD most nights. Played BWB one night, played Haderus one night, skipped altogether last night. It's not the same without the regulars you play with and the opposing players you love to hate.

Once things settle down a bit I'll find a new home. Maybe that's Azuras if we can get enough blues and red online to keep the map somewhat balanced. If I have to re-gear, so be it.

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghost-Shot wrote: »

There are some try hards that are all for it but in general I've seen far more people trying to figure out the point of playing there.

Like coming down from a high wondering when their next fix will be.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BWB as a non cp is fine and it should have always been that way, went there the other day had a blast like it used to be before the cp.
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We're definitely too scrunched up right now. I've been pretty miserable during prime time lately.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azuras Star EU is actually filled ok and tbh i love the no cp campaign, its finally brings ressourcemanagement back into the game. I was happy like a small child when i first time saw someone not being able to break cc ;)

I LOVE IT!
    Options
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mumyo wrote: »
    Azuras Star EU is actually filled ok and tbh i love the no cp campaign, its finally brings ressourcemanagement back into the game. I was happy like a small child when i first time saw someone not being able to break cc ;)

I LOVE IT!

That's great! I hope more players get in and try them as they are really fun.
    NA Server - Kildair
    Options
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    Mumyo wrote: »

I LOVE IT!

That's great! I hope more players get in and try them as they are really fun.

but i only go there with my stam dk, since battle roar is op there,.

I just had a fight and couldnt charge anyone, i closed the game now...
    i will quit!

AFTER TEN THOUSAND HOURS OF LAG AND PVP GETTING WORSE AND WORSE AND WORSE EVERY DAY
    Edited by Mumyo on 11 March 2016 16:32
    Options