The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Increased mobs HP by 22.6% in VMA? Bug or intended?

Minute_Waltz
Minute_Waltz
✭✭✭
I've noticed this before PTS 2.6.1 update went through, so apologizes in advance if this has been reported/fixed/intended change that I didn't notice.

So for round 3 in VMA, stranglers have 22.7K HP on PTS and they have 18.5K on live, the snakes/lamias seems to have their hp buffed too, although I can't confirm as I didn't really notice them. Strangler was the obvious one for me as Im used to one hitting them and I couldn't do so on PTS.

Did anyone else notice this? And if the bosses etc were buffed too in terms of HP?

• Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Ok since no one is really interested in stranglers.. I will just post the pics of first few mobs to make my point.. it is a quite significant buff in HP, If my math is correct, as per below images, everything was buffed by 22.26779% including the merchant's HP. Sure it won't really make a difference anyway in terms of completion, but it is probably significant enough to warrant some attention and possibly explanation from ZOS. I believe this affects bosses too so a lot of burn strategies may not work anymore in the future.

I've also tested by actually light attacking the mobs and counting my damage done on PTS to ensure this was not an UI error.

Live:
    23ku2c6.jpg

PTS:
    2me9thl.jpg
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could this have something to do with One Tamriel ?
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    C'mon, ZOS. The most irritating gear grind in the entire game and now it will take 22% longer!?
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Out of curiosity...

Is it just the mobs of vMA? What about mobs in Wrothgar and Abah?

Actually, might as well ask @ZOS_Finn about that.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Could this have something to do with One Tamriel ?

Yeah thats my initial thought as well since almost everything had their hp changed/updated, might be worthwhile to check the trial bosses hp too, maybe they buffed the 86m hp mage to 100m+ >:)
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am very thankful I have every weapon and all the titles I need from VMA
    However this would be nice change in VMA and bring back the old playstyle of it back from the first launch we had, we have seen a lot of powercreeps since then, interesting change ZOS are doing if this is intended, however I do not think it is

From the patch notes it states open world and dungeon mob mitigation has been normalized, since VMA doesn't have *unique* mitigation like trials, I feel like mitigation and a health boost has affected the mobs in VMA. Judging from what people have been saying and now the health boost, maybe that is correct?
    Edited by Nifty2g on September 13, 2016 1:49PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Out of curiosity...

Is it just the mobs of vMA? What about mobs in Wrothgar and Abah?

Actually, might as well ask @ZOS_Finn about that.

I haven't actually notice them, as I only realised this when I got to the stranglers and me not being able to 1 hit them on PTS made me realised there was a HP buff lol then comparing the two versions it was so obvious...
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I doubt it's intended. But if it is, then there will have to be another leaderboard reset.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    I am very thankful I have every weapon and all the titles I need from VMA
    However this would be nice change in VMA and bring back the old playstyle of it back from the first launch we had, we have seen a lot of powercreeps since then, interesting change ZOS are doing if this is intended, however I do not think it is

From the patch notes it states open world and dungeon mob mitigation has been normalized, since VMA doesn't have *unique* mitigation like trials, I feel like mitigation and a health boost has affected the mobs in VMA. Judging from what people have been saying and now the health boost, maybe that is correct?

I still need a couple of inferno/dagger/axe sharpens for alts.. might need to farm them before patch 2.6 go live or else it will take 22% longer haha (might be more actually since this would probably result in playing the mechanics on alot of bosses)
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I doubt it's intended. But if it is, then there will have to be another leaderboard reset.
    @code65536 one of the devs said awhile ago, a leaderboard reset would happen every major update regardless
    Edited by Nifty2g on September 13, 2016 1:53PM
    #MOREORBS
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did the vMSA mob's start a thread complaining about the over powered Jesus Beam or something?
  • NikaTheCat
    NikaTheCat
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that the HP could be increased to adjust the mobs to the CP cap increase. Because if they give us a buff of 30 CP each update and leave MA unchanged, it would be the same as nerfing it.

Did anyone notice if they increased the HP of mobs in the last update when we had CP cap increased?
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do have a dps creep every patch, so terribad RNG and make the mobs harder to kill sounds fun.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NikaTheCat wrote: »
    My guess is that the HP could be increased to adjust the mobs to the CP cap increase.

30 extra CP when you're at cap isn't going to do very much. Diminishing returns and all that jazz. Even if we look at the cumulative increases--vMA launched alongside the 501 cap--60 points is nowhere near 22% more damage.

If it was a slight increase, I could see it being intended. But a buff this large looks very much like an accident.
    Edited by code65536 on September 13, 2016 1:57PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    NikaTheCat wrote: »
    My guess is that the HP could be increased to adjust the mobs to the CP cap increase. Because if they give us a buff of 30 CP each update and leave MA unchanged, it would be the same as nerfing it.

Did anyone notice if they increased the HP of mobs in the last update when we had CP cap increased?

I don't think there were any hp changes with last CP cap increase, although I can't confirm this 100%. But this increase is probably a bit too significant to justify for 30 CP.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    C'mon, ZOS. The most irritating gear grind in the entire game and now it will take 22% longer!?

Also why does it remain an irritating grind on live? Why have content that no one enjoys just so you can put cheese at the end of it. Why does it have to be unenjoyable with broken animation canceling mobs? I talked with someone yesterday who after over 300 runs has still not gotten the weapon he is looking for. I can't even imagine, I rage quit the game for 3 months after 8 hrs of it on release with an mDK. If I did it 300x I would be nekid chewing on a freshly killed rabbit at the top of a pine tree like I just ate a bottle of bath salts.
    Edited by Armitas on September 13, 2016 2:12PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Why have content that no one enjoys just so you can put cheese at the end of it.

There's cheese in the end? Ran it exactly 300 times and have never seen cheese, only ***. Which is why I'm playing Black Desert now until BiS weapons are available to skilled, competitive players.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Investigating. We had no intention of increasing the difficulty of Maelstrom Arena so, this would be a bug if the health levels increased.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Lead Encounter Designer (Dungeons, Monsters, Encounters)
    Staff Post
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Finn wrote: »
    Investigating. We had no intention of increasing the difficulty of Maelstrom Arena so, this would be a bug if the health levels increased.

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank the divines lol
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would assume that this is due to the balancing of health and mitigation they did for One Tamriel.

"Standardized various differences with monsters found in different areas or situations.

For example, previously Titans found in public dungeons did not have more health than Frost Atronachs in public dungeons, but Titans in delves did have more health than Frost Atronachs."

Whether they intended to boost the health of monsters in VMA by this much is another question...

Thanks for the feedback!

And there is the answer. Thanks ZOS_Finn!
    Edited by kojou on September 13, 2016 2:36PM
    Playing since beta...
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you. Can you also look into the fact that mobs are animation cancelling in there? Their damage often occurs immediately rather than along their animation.
    Edited by Armitas on September 14, 2016 4:07PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_Finn ! While you guys are at it, please check if vDSA/trials were affected by the HP scaling too please :)
    Edited by Minute_Waltz on September 13, 2016 10:11PM
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    After looking into we found the culprit and will be fixing it in a future PTS patch.
    Edited by ZOS_GinaBruno on September 14, 2016 1:56PM
    Staff Post
  • Pallio
    Pallio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any chance you can look at the rediculous RNG on weapon drops while you are at it?
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Just want to confirm that as of PTS Patch 2.6.2, the bug still exist. So if you want to have fun and do a challenged vma run, do it now before it gets fixed :p

QmH1zFH.png
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good catch OP, and Awesome for you. Damn that would have been rough for Mag builds which really aren't doing much more damage than when vMA was changed so you could do it piecemeal (though much more than at vMA release). That accidental scale would make it a little harder for stam builds as well with the vMA dual weild changes though honestly their dps is so high that they broke all mechanics a very long time ago as it is scaled for ~20k and they are much more often ~40k.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • ZOS_Finn
    ZOS_Finn
    Dungeon, Encounter
    & Monster Lead
    Just want to confirm that as of PTS Patch 2.6.2, the bug still exist. So if you want to have fun and do a challenged vma run, do it now before it gets fixed :p

QmH1zFH.png

Did you check on the monsters within the Arenas? The Quest NPC health would probably not have reverted.
    Staff Post
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @ZOS_Finn , just checked the monster hp in arena and they have been reverted to what we currently have on live.