The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Antiquities Leads Not Dropping

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    VDoom1 wrote: »
    It seems I got a similar issue with the Font of Auri-El lead. Farmed for hours, killed vamp bears, gloombears, vampiric sabrecats, vamp knigths and deathhounds. Killed a looot of them and nothing. Is this lead bugged or is RNG being evil? It has dropped for some people.

Has anyone looted it the past 48h?

I have, and it took me five days to get it to drop. After farming all the same mobs, I finally got it to drop from a Bloodknight outside of Greymoor Keep. So either RNG is evil, or it really hates players with dragon PFP's.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems I got a similar issue with the Font of Auri-El lead. Farmed for hours, killed vamp bears, gloombears, vampiric sabrecats, vamp knigths and deathhounds. Killed a looot of them and nothing. Is this lead bugged or is RNG being evil? It has dropped for some people.

Has anyone looted it the past 48h?

I have, and it took me five days to get it to drop. After farming all the same mobs, I finally got it to drop from a Bloodknight outside of Greymoor Keep. So either RNG is evil, or it really hates players with dragon PFP's.

Thanks for the info. :) I finally got it, it dropped from a Vampiric Sabrecat south of Greymoor.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    So here's the list of antiquities that no one I've talked to - either in the relevant zones, or in my guilds, or really anywhere - seems to have found, at least not since the PTS:

Silvenari Sap-Stone - supposedly Malabal Tor thieves troves (people are only getting the Hollowbone Windchime lead)
    Tri-angled Truth Altar - supposedly Bal Foyen safeboxes (people are only getting the Dutiful Guar lead)
    The Heartland - supposedly chests in Cyrodiil (people are only getting Jeweled Skull of Ayleid King lead)

And these three don't even have whispers of a location:
    Moth Priests Cleansing Bowl - Northern Elsweyr
    Anvil of Old Orsinium - Wrothgar
    Prismatic Sunbird Feather - Summerset

@ZOS_GinaBruno can we have someone at least check that these leads DO have a location in the live version of the game, and that they are working/dropping as intended?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you please hear our plea and look into this?
    Edited by Ufretin on 8 June 2020 19:05
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, when I got suspicious over the font not dropping for five days straight, other people confirmed it dropped for them. So I knew it wasn't a bug, I was just REALLY unlucky.

But...the Anvil of Old Orsinium, the Moth Priests Cleansing Bowl, the Prismatic Sunbird Feather, the Silvenari Sap-Stone, The Heartland, and the Tri-angled Truth Altar have had ZERO CONFIRMED DROPS.
    There's a big difference from when something doesn't drop for ONE PERSON.
    And when something doesn't drop for EVERY PERSON.

It needs to be known if it's a bug, or if it IS dropping for someone. But at the very least, it should be known if it's even being looked into. Just so we know the issue isn't being ignored completely!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    McGordon wrote: »
    I have an issue with Torc Strand of Song – Captain Blackheart in Blackheart Haven Dungeon.
    Last lead is not dropping for me. Did dungeon 22 times, both veteran and normal. Still nothing. Switched characters, run in different days. Nothing.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

took me 17 tries so the drop rate suck
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be great if zos confirmed they are in there. Because one was bugged, ppl are worried others might be too .
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Heartland is an awesome painting! :smiley: Would love to get it but yah, it's kinda AWOL. :|

Maybe someone has looted it but their not on the forums so they don't know it's a big deal.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • moonsister
    moonsister
    ✭✭✭
    Still no acknowledgment from ZOS if they have seen this issue and are looking into it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, pretty please gives us some kind of feedback?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we can confirm that the Prismatic Sunbird Feather and Anvil of Old Orsinium are currently bugged and not dropping. These should be fixed in a future incremental patch. We are also investigating the Leads for the Heartland, the Tri-Angled Truth Altar, and the Silvenari Sap-Stone to see if there are any potential issues with those drops as well.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Skjaldbjorn
    Skjaldbjorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, we can confirm that the Prismatic Sunbird Feather and Anvil of Old Orsinium are currently bugged and not dropping. These should be fixed in a future incremental patch. We are also investigating the Leads for the Heartland, the Tri-Angled Truth Altar, and the Silvenari Sap-Stone to see if there are any potential issues with those drops as well.

So does this mean the Moth Priest Cleansing Bowl is in game and dropping properly?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

please buff the drop rate of the Stained Glass of Lunar Phases
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

<3 Thanks so much! I'll echo Skjaldbjorn's question about the Moth Priest Cleansing Bowl though; that's the last of the six leads no one seems to have found.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • GhostwalkerLD
    GhostwalkerLD
    ✭✭✭✭

FINALLY!

We've been talking about this in another thread as well.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6804605#Comment_6804605
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • NocturnalRequiem
    Perhaps the Moth Priest's Cleansing bowl was overlooked? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • NocturnalRequiem
    Everyone I've spoken to in Elsweyr and Cyrodiil agree that the Moth Priest's Cleansing Bowl is broken.
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And wait 17 more days for a patch... :(
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

<3 Thanks so much! I'll echo Skjaldbjorn's question about the Moth Priest Cleansing Bowl though; that's the last of the six leads no one seems to have found.

We're looking into that one. There may be something wrong with its drop rate or if it's even dropping at all, but it's too soon to say exactly what the problem may be. Thanks for mentioning it, though!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hamfast wrote: »
    @george.smithb16_ESO ...

Regarding the leads for the Wolf mount, patience is a virtue. It took me around 20+ tries to get the final lead from Darkshade Caverns I.

I understand that I need patience, that is not really my issue here, I have seen some bugs in the past where the way the game handled character interaction lead to the game handling characters differently, we complained and pointed out instances for a long time only to be told that it was in our minds... until a dev found the issue and fixed it.

If in this case, some characters are not getting the same chance at the drop, then it needs to be fixed.

By the way, if I get the lead from Darkshade 1 before I hit 20 times I will come crow about how much better my luck is then yours :-)

That is true, we have already seen one instance where a lead was bugged or was just not in the game. I'm referring to the Coral Plating lead, that issue was fixed. So yes perhaps some loot is bugged or there is some other problem going on.

Hehe best of luck! Hope you get the lead before 20 tries.

Ok, I am here to Crow, 14th time in Volenfel and 15th in Darkshade Cavern 1, in both cases I ran a character that needed the quest in the dungeons... not the one I used the other attempts.

This would indicate that there may be an issue with the quest affecting the drop rate, or some flag that will cause the lead to not drop at the same rate for some characters then others...

Then again RNGesus may just hate the name "Hewkares"
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
  • moonsugar66
    moonsugar66
    ✭✭✭
    I've spent roughly five hours today farming the nonskill point bosses in Nchuthnkarst for the Inclined Dwarven Panel. No drop. Pretty [snip] galling since I just helped a player kill one them and he claimed he got the lead.

[edited for bypassing profanity filter]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on 10 June 2020 18:52
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're looking into that one. There may be something wrong with its drop rate or if it's even dropping at all, but it's too soon to say exactly what the problem may be. Thanks for mentioning it, though!

Thanks for all you do! <3
    Edited by Saucy_Jack on 10 June 2020 19:21
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's certainly something off about droprates. I mean, I know that rng is rng, but when some people get leads instantly and some have for farm for hours, something is not right. I've got my stranglers leads in a few tries, but I cannot seem to get any of dragon leads at all, despite farming them. And some of my guildies said they had to spend 3-5 hours fishing for a single lead.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • moonsugar66
    moonsugar66
    ✭✭✭
    8qOiE7q.png

This picture pretty much sums up how I'm feeling going on my 7th hour, in total, of farming Nchuthnkarst bosses for the Inclined Dwarven Panel. Its what I need to finish up the Dwarven Ebon Wolf mount. You know there is something seriously wrong when your character is emulating how you feel.

Joking aside, there is something definitely wrong here.
  • NocturnalRequiem
    I have run Elden Hollow 15 times for the boss drop Face of the Serpent and still haven't gotten it... Ive exhausted all my favors and still have tons of other leads to try for.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8qOiE7q.png

This picture pretty much sums up how I'm feeling going on my 7th hour, in total, of farming Nchuthnkarst bosses for the Inclined Dwarven Panel. Its what I need to finish up the Dwarven Ebon Wolf mount. You know there is something seriously wrong when your character is emulating how you feel.

Joking aside, there is something definitely wrong here.

I can relate. I easily got 25+ kills on that one. I was literally about to submit a loot bug report and then it dropped. Some drop rates are either to low, or you got very bad luck.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • ImmortalCX
    ImmortalCX
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How can this be difficult to find? You look in the config file to see the drop value.

If something like this is difficult to figure out, the game has bigger problems.
  • Sirona_Starr
    Sirona_Starr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am wondering if Bangkorai treasure maps are also a little bugged? I've gotten the motifs fairly quickly in all other zones, specifically focusing on a particular number. In Bangkorai, I've tried all the numbers, and the most probable ones multiple times, and have yet to get a lead. I do see the motifs for sale, so I know they must be dropping, but is the drop rate significantly different than all the other zones, and if so why?
    Edited by Sirona_Starr on 13 June 2020 20:50
  • knudjmb14_ESO
    knudjmb14_ESO
    ✭✭
    So, recently started leveling scrying on a second character and I've tried several zones now and cannot get pink zone leads ( treasure) to drop. I got a mythic lead from Arteum but no leads beyond blue from anywhere. Also, on my main, where I have leveled both scrying and excavating to 10, the scrying table for simple green zone items shows as master/ultimate level difficulty.

I've tried farming the Brazier in Bleakrock for over a week and cannot get it to drop a second time while the lead for the snow treaders has dropped over 30 times for me. It's a strange set of bugs that I can't say how it started.
  • jch02140
    jch02140
    Soul Shriven
    I have been farming Darkshade Caverns 2 for the last lead of Wolf mount for 3 days and it never drops. The others were mostly first drop or like at most 5 - 7 tries. This is absurd...
  • moonsugar66
    moonsugar66
    ✭✭✭

I can relate. I easily got 25+ kills on that one. I was literally about to submit a loot bug report and then it dropped. Some drop rates are either to low, or you got very bad luck.

I've been back for more and no drop. I submitted a ticket, too. My very bad luck is looking like it won't drop.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been back for more and no drop. I submitted a ticket, too. My very bad luck is looking like it won't drop.

The thing is we don't know what the drop rate is. But considering it's a gold item and a part of the wolf mount, the drop rate probably isn't that high. Think of it this way, every time you try could be the time it actually drops. I doubt ZoS will just give it to you, unless the drop rate for this specific item has been bugged recently. All you can do is keep trying until they say otherwise. You will get it, eventually. :smile:
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer