The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Horrid Lag / Mobs not visiable / Players not visiable

• NoirJ
    NoirJ
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe @ZOS_MichelleA would be able to shed some light?
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    same issues since update 1.2.3 Before update i was running the game perfectly.
    -No spells animation
    -no weapon swap animation
    -invisible mobs
    -delayed audio
    -when i get damaged it dont show on health bar
    -many random loading screens
    -even when deconstructing stuff the audio is delayed
    -discovered x area screen messages not appearing
    overall the game is unplayable for me.I love the game still having fun with it but with all this recent issues after 1.2.3 I just cant play it.So,you know no matter how awesome the game is if it got broken i see no reason to play it.I have 14 days of game time and if the issue if not resolved by the time game time ends i see no reason to renew subscription.
  • o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    They refuse to even acknowledge it or say "were looking into it". Which either means they know about it and could care less about letting us know it's a work in progress...or...they think it's specific to certain hardware or addons and are pushing the blame on that.

But multiple people, multiple hardware types, multuple OS's and drivers. With or without addons, fresh installs, recreated or modified ini files all should be a clue that it's not a client side issue.

I'm starting to think ESO is just a grad students project, and i give it a D+ at best.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    o_0 wrote: »
    They refuse to even acknowledge it or say "were looking into it". Which either means they know about it and could care less about letting us know it's a work in progress...or...they think it's specific to certain hardware or addons and are pushing the blame on that.

But multiple people, multiple hardware types, multuple OS's and drivers. With or without addons, fresh installs, recreated or modified ini files all should be a clue that it's not a client side issue.

I'm starting to think ESO is just a grad students project, and i give it a D+ at best.

Perhaps you might try looking in the Developer Tracker or Developer Discussions for the latest news. Hopefully the new fix will get things back to normal again.

• o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

Perhaps you might try looking in the Developer Tracker or Developer Discussions for the latest news. Hopefully the new fix will get things back to normal again.

Well that would be helpful. Except the only useful info is for the FPS issue which isnt in regards to this. Haven't seen a post yet from the devs (sorry i mean't forum mods/glorified answering service) regarding this particular issue.
  • NoirJ
    NoirJ
    ✭✭✭

The new fix hasn't. Read the pertinent threads. Instead of going to the Dev Tracker, and heres the irony in that statement as that shouldn't be anything to do with a live service that's Service Operations or Service Delivery....ZOS could maybe engage with their community and respond to one of these threads with an update...A radical suggestion I know but hear me out.

We love the game, we want to play the game, we want the game to be a success; keeping the player base updated is half the battle.
    If we know things are being looked at and they can "manage our expectations" then I for one wouldn't be so hacked off right now. This wall of silence is what's annoying people...no wonder they are looking to hire a Community Director, doubt there will be much of one left by the time they employ the right Woman/Man though.

• brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AmeliaR @ZOS_JasonL
    Hello anyone there
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    NoirJ wrote: »

The new fix hasn't. Read the pertinent threads. Instead of going to the Dev Tracker, and heres the irony in that statement as that shouldn't be anything to do with a live service that's Service Operations or Service Delivery....ZOS could maybe engage with their community and respond to one of these threads with an update...A radical suggestion I know but hear me out.

We love the game, we want to play the game, we want the game to be a success; keeping the player base updated is half the battle.
    If we know things are being looked at and they can "manage our expectations" then I for one wouldn't be so hacked off right now. This wall of silence is what's annoying people...no wonder they are looking to hire a Community Director, doubt there will be much of one left by the time they employ the right Woman/Man though.

Just post this: "We recognize this issue and are looking into it. If there's a problem that is causing people TO NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY we will give them credits based upon that."

Something, anything?

• RosaDamascena
    Same issues as the topic starter
  • NoirJ
    NoirJ
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_HugoP could you help? Or should we just call the Zenimax Offices in Hunt Valley? Their number is helpfully on their website, http://www.zenimaxonline.com/contact.php, not sure how accurate that is though as the last bit of news was from 2012....bit worrying really
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Zos_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_AmeliaR @ZOS_TristanK‌ @ZOS_JasonL @ZOS_MichelleA @ZOS_HugoP
    Seriously give a damn answer already. There is no way you guys can't notice the red notice at the top of the screen stating 1 NEW MESSAGE. For *** sake give us an answer.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on 1 July 2014 19:26
  • Perphection
    Perphection
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it's lots of fun when you die repeatedly with no one around, and not a single ability used on you, then you look at the combat log to see "Soul Strike", invisible laser beam of the gods.
  • ZOS_HugoP
    ZOS_HugoP
    ✭✭✭

Greetings folks!

We're aware that the FPS issue did not get fixed after yesterday's patch and, in some cases, actually made it worse. Our team has identified what's causing this, and we are working on a hotfix now. We will keep up to date when this hotfix will be deployed.

Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • NoirJ
    NoirJ
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_HugoP wrote: »
    Greetings folks!

We're aware that the FPS issue did not get fixed after yesterday's patch and, in some cases, actually made it worse. Our team has identified what's causing this, and we are working on a hotfix now. We will keep up to date when this hotfix will be deployed.

Thank you!

No thank you @ZOS_HugoP for giving an update to the current situation. I take it that the FPS issues are linked to the draw/performance issues as well.

If we could be kept in the loop as to any developments that would be great.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am guessing that there may be a policy in place outlining a protocol for how and when to address in-game issues publicly in order to prevent incorrect information being shared or to ensure there is enough information for a proper response. And the folks who moderate here may also be needed elsewhere at times to assist in tracking down and responding to problems.

So yes, it does sound like saying "We're looking into it" is an easy thing to do, and it is from a physical effort required standpoint, but who knows what is going on behind the forum scenes. This is neither and indictment nor a defense of how things are or aren't handled by the forum admins, but for all we know they are waiting for approval to post something.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • o_0
    o_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope to Molags Balls(god) that @ZOS_HugoP is confirming the issues talked about in this thread are related to the FPS issue and that it's not another case of failing to read the thread. Because my FPS is fine, running the same as always, i'm just waiting forever for all the textures and player models to load walking around an empty city for a minute or 2 before "POOF" ahh there they are....
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope to Molags Balls(god) that @ZOS_HugoP is confirming the issues talked about in this thread are related to the FPS issue and that it's not another case of failing to read the thread. Because my FPS is fine, running the same as always, i'm just waiting forever for all the textures and player models to load walking around an empty city for a minute or 2 before "POOF" ahh there they are....

I hope so too I really do
  • NoirJ
    NoirJ
    ✭✭✭
    I am guessing that there may be a policy in place outlining a protocol for how and when to address in-game issues publicly in order to prevent incorrect information being shared or to ensure there is enough information for a proper response. And the folks who moderate here may also be needed elsewhere at times to assist in tracking down and responding to problems.

So yes, it does sound like saying "We're looking into it" is an easy thing to do, and it is from a physical effort required standpoint, but who knows what is going on behind the forum scenes. This is neither and indictment nor a defense of how things are or aren't handled by the forum admins, but for all we know they are waiting for approval to post something.

I can understand where you are coming from, but if you are a Community Manager and you don't have the authorisation to give a simple, I'll look into it and get back to you, then I have to say you're about as much use to the gaming community as a chocolate teapot.

I am however grateful from the response from Hugo, he does have a cool name after all.
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP was unplayable due to the massive FPS decrease problem. Now PvE is also struggling. I just killed by an invisible scamp, because I could not target it. It really is becoming a disaster ZoS. Please do something about this game as it's getting too late.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well, someone from Zenimax replied right after I started typing my comment. But yeah, it seems like they never reply until they can say "We've identified a problem and are looking for the cause..." or "We've identified the cause and are working on/testing a fix..." It doesn't ever seem like the silence means someone isn't working to figure out what's going on.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guys, this has nothing to do with your hardware specs. I have a purpose build high end gaming rig with all the latest bells and whistles and i see the exact same issues ever since the 1.2.3 patch.
    :(
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    brandon wrote: »
    @ZOS_AmeliaR @ZOS_JasonL
    Hello anyone there

*Pink Floyd song "Is There Anybody Out There?" plays softly in the background.*
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • rayvn03b14_ESO
    rayvn03b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NoirJ wrote: »

I can understand where you are coming from, but if you are a Community Manager and you don't have the authorisation to give a simple, I'll look into it and get back to you, then I have to say you're about as much use to the gaming community as a chocolate teapot.

I am however grateful from the response from Hugo, he does have a cool name after all.

I went through several rounds of beta, and that issue with stuff like mobs, textures, etc. not popping in right away (gods, especially the mobs! I died so many times) go all the way back to beta. The fact that they still don't have that sorted to any appreciable degree is making me glad I decided to wait until most of the bugs are sorted/the games six month anniversary or whichever comes first (which is my normal policy with a new MMO).

Chocolate teapots... I love that. You wouldn't happen to be a regular over on the Ask A Manager blog, would you? There's a running joke about them there.
  • brandon
    brandon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the supposed hotfix will be released today
  • Pmarsico9
    Pmarsico9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings folks!

Thank you!

Thank you! I hope that it's only a FPS issue!
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beesting wrote: »
    This morning in vuhkel guard i went from the crafting station to the bank, on a horse,.
    As soon as i pressed sprint on the horse i got a auridon loading screen. Luckily i still had all the stuff i crafted still in inventory when the game continued.

Then in the bank it took 2 minutes for the walls and chests to load. I started openening dressers and cubboards and had to wait for the rest to appear.

If this happens in a bank i dont even want to find out what happens in a dungeon.
    Never had this before, thought i would share it.
    Yep. This quick little load screen they introduced several weeks back (although I rarely saw it compared to now). I believe they said it was implemented rather than having you fall through stairs, world, ect.

If I zone into a city and jump on my horse right away and sprint I will see the short loading screen at least twice in row (sprint, loading screen, keep sprinting, loading screen again).
    Edited by Evergnar on 1 July 2014 21:58
  • Nyxx
    Nyxx
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings folks!

Thank you!

@ZOS_HugoP

Thank you for updating us on what's going on. Is there any way you guys could give us some kind of time frame for when the hotfix will be happening? Next couple of days....or next week? :neutral_face:

The Psijic Order
  • Sidecar
    Sidecar
    next 5 minutes
  • Nyxx
    Nyxx
    ✭✭✭
    I downloaded it and it didn't fix anything. Wonderful.
    The Psijic Order
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nyxx wrote: »
    I downloaded it and it didn't fix anything. Wonderful.

Same. The slide-show-animation lag continues. It looks like fixing it will take a while.