The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Horrid Lag / Mobs not visiable / Players not visiable

• federicofc1988rwb17_ESO
    Post patch 1.2.5: Issue is still not resolved, i haven't noticed any improvement in pve content, I don't know about difficulty and i don't care i was managing ok and i'm managing now too (i don't care about difficulty in VR zones this is not the point of the post), the real problem is invisible mobs, random loading screens, data load failure messages that take me out of the game screen, fps drops, rendering is too slow, sound lags like hell, ect...

I can manage quest bugs, i can deal with difficulty, i can even manage server lag and random dissconects, but what i can't deal with is this excuses for "Fixes" that don't do anything, in this state the game is unplayable. I haven't tried pvp yet (after patch 1.2.5 that is), but unless i'm wrong some people on the forums haven't seen an improvement there anyways.

The funny part is that i contacted CS like 6 times now, and NOT once have they been of any help (with this particular problem or any problem before), first they say it's on my end, ok i tried everything they told me no fix, after 4 more mails basically saying the same thing over and over and my prior experiences with the CS guys i can say for sure that contacting CS is not even worth the trouble of typing, and that's the thing that irritates me the most.

Please do something, at least admit there's something wrong on your end and fix it asap, don't focus on more content be it new stuff or nerfs or whatever, focus on fixing the damn game so i can "play the way i want" (which is playing like i did before patch 1.2.4 with none of the aforementioned ***)
    Edited by federicofc1988rwb17_ESO on 8 July 2014 05:48
    Options
  • Olgapeterson
    Yep. I haven't been able to play the game for weeks now. I try, hoping a fix was made with the little patches they issue, but no. No fixes. Unplayable....but we still have to pay sub? Seriously?
    This is just bad business, Zen.
    It's not the fall that take your breath away...it's the sudden stop at the bottom
    Options
  • federicofc1988rwb17_ESO
    Just look at this gem from the CS guys (this was after 5 mails from me)
    Hello Federico!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Support team!

Allow me to introduce myself! Ahem. My name is xxx (i'm not a a bad guy i won't burn the cs person that gave me this answer) and I am the most amazing Sorceress in all of the land and I'm here to help with my magic!! Well.. that's how it works in my head at least! No worries! You do not need to create another ticket.

Many of our players have been having issues where their enemies do not appear! Getting killed for no reason does not sound fun at all. However the fix for this issue is an easy one!

All you need to do is press play from the launcher and that should take you to your log in screen. Once you get to this screen, instead of logging in like you normally do, I advise that you please select the "Settings" tab on the left side of the screen. Please then click on "Audio" and turn down Master Volume down to 0.

This is the current work around for your enemies not showing up as they should! Please feel free to reply to this email if the steps above do not resolve your issue!

Points given for the funny response, but this is a serious issue damn it and your fix is telling me to play with NO sound? really? if i wanted to play an interactive social game with no sound i would play a board game come on.

This is just sad, plain old sad
    Edited by federicofc1988rwb17_ESO on 8 July 2014 04:38
    Options
  • Hathei
    Hathei
    ✭✭
    Patch1.2.5 fixed the FPS issues but the invisible mobs/loading problems are worse than ever now. They don't show up at dolmens, dungeons, or anywhere there's a group of 4+. NPC's take even longer to load in and every building I enter looks like the image below. I really, really want to play this game but it's getting harder and harder to do so.
    Qu4VpxE.jpg
    Options
  • Absynthe
    Absynthe
    ✭✭
    Seriously, what's up with the sound in this game. :O
    Leonine Tigeress
    Options
  • ZOS_HugoP
    ZOS_HugoP
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings folks!

A hot-fix for the performance issues (FPS drop among other things) is currently being tested. We will keep you updated as soon as we are ready to implement it.

thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Darzil
    Darzil
    ✭✭✭
    Last night's hotfix seems to have massively helped this for me. No issues playing this morning, despite having sound switched on. FPS not huge, but then FPS isn't the issue that invisible monsters and abilities delaying by seconds is!
    Options
  • Maxbo_The_Elder
    Maxbo_The_Elder
    Soul Shriven
    Green-Things folks

Until this evening I had rarely bothered to come into these forums and read up on what was going on.
    Like yourselves, I too had gradually been settling with having to play less and less of a game I really enjoyed back in mid June. The graphics in some areas were just awesome. As the lag increased, both in action and sound, and the loading screens became a most familiar sight, I decided that I would just cut down my activities to something so undemanding that I would be able to slowly go along my way.
    So I sneaked everywhere I went, and harvested as best as I could.
    For excitement I would catch butterflies and torchbugs, just so I could go fishing.
    That's right, I'm that guy you see fishing all the time. Now you know why.
    So badly had my game experience become, that fishing was the highlight. Oh and some of the most remarkable graphics I've seen since Skyrim. It's actually because of Skyrim that I came into this game; looking for the Northern lights eh?

Now I read over what most of you are saying, and realize that it isn't only me and my old laptop that's having a problem with this game, and only this game by the way. It is sad that I must take comfort in the fact that many of you suffer even worse than I do. So I offer you the following as a small comfort.

Since I had enjoyed playing Skyrim so much, I felt certain that I should enjoy playing e.s.o. even more, so I purchased a 6 month subscription back in April.
    It made sense to me then since I enjoy savouring a game instead of rushing through it head long on a frenzy to level up. With eight playable characters I can experiment, and replay certain scenarios with different choices. So back then it made sense to buy up for 180 days.
    Now when I look at what so many are going through, I think back when Skyrim first came out, and I see similarities.
    That's right, Bethesda was getting lambasted as well. I tried Skyrim on PS3. Then decided it would be better on XBox, only to finally realize the best chance of enjoying that game would be on my own gaming PC. Thanks to a strong and talented modding community the game was salvaged. Once Bethesda put out the final release and then turned it over completely to the modding community, then the game truly became Legendary. Bethesda has displayed a past habit at doing sloppy work, and it seems they've carried that habit over with them here.
    I truly feel sorry for those who are going to try this game out on PS4 and XBox.

When I look at the lineup of games that Zenimax has put out in the past, and some of the reviews those games get even today, I have to wonder why their product delivery now falters. I am confident they will fix this, even if it means assigning new job descriptions. It would be a very nice gesture on their part, should they decide to stop the clock, and keep my subscription from ticking away while the less competent are allowed to make decisions that will tarnish the future marketing power at Zenimax.

Would I ever buy a 180 day subscription again?
    Perhaps I would.
    It all depends on how well Zenimax does when it comes to rewarding fan loyalty. There has already been some mention that some of you have tried the latest patch ver 1.2.5 with little improvement. At least they bothered to give you that patch.
    All they gave me was another version of the 1.2.4. Then they sheepishly sent down another patch after I pointed out the treatment I was getting.
    Clearly they are stretched thin, and sloppyness has managed to creep into their service. But my bet is still on Zenimax coming out with a solution, and an act of good faith to show their appreciation for the good will in their customer base.

Now let me go see if the fish are biting eh?

Maxbo The Elder.
    In the land of the Great White North
    Options
  • Olgapeterson
    Sooo.....is this what Zen calls a fix for their enormous coding issues? Raising the frame rate by maybe..2-3 rates? Improving rendering by a small bit, and....lag by a few? Seriously?
    Let me get this straight: for $15 a month, $70 a game, we get to play a game that barely works (frame rate still drops to 5-7), rending is working if barely, in cities..forget about it because Lord forbid there's more than 5 players around, and...well, that's about it. Pvp isn't even on the table because that's still broken. Oh but lets not forget about the sound. Sound, Zen, sound. Since day 1 of Beta, you have yet to figure out how to make the sound for this game work. I mean really? Loading sound is cut up, in-game sound is cut up, throughout the game sound is cut up. What exactly are you paying your coding/gaming people for? Sloppy work? Are you waiting for the gaming community to do your work for you? As in tell you exactly what to fix because your people refuse to do their jobs? Cuz let me tell you, that's exactly what's happening and you've yet to acknowledge the gaming community their dues.
    Game time refunds considering we've not been able to play for weeks DUE TO YOUR CODING MISTAKES.
    Am I venting? You bet your sloppy job, I am.
    Here, let me make a suggestion: make a way where we can undo your last big patch 1.2.4, and the game will work again.
    Stop giving us lame, little hotfixes that take 2 seconds to download and do even less fixes, and give us what should have been available right away: a real game fix for all the issues, at least playing-wise, that didn't take only 5 mins for you to make.
    Sit down, listen to your gaming community, better yet MAKE A LIST of the things necessary to fix, and ACTUALLY DO IT.
    It's what expected and what is needed. It's what you should be doing as a company. If not, you're in the wrong business and frankly, we want our money back then.
    Make a choice. We're waiting.
    Yours truly,
    Vyxin
    It's not the fall that take your breath away...it's the sudden stop at the bottom
    Options
  • Eisdol
    Eisdol
    Soul Shriven
    Invisible mobs & spell lag seems to be fixed for me in tonight's session. Hot fix seems to work so far. Will see further on.Thanks HugoP

P.S: I don't have and never had any FPS issue.
    Edited by Eisdol on 9 July 2014 02:11
    Options
  • Hathei
    Hathei
    ✭✭
    The hotfix actually worked for me. No more invisible mobs, NPCs are right where they're supposed to be, and interiors load with no issue. Spells still lag a bit but 2-3 seconds is a big improvement over the 15-20 seconds it was. It was nice to be able to play for more than 20 mins tonight, I actually made some progress.
    Options
  • Maxbo_The_Elder
    Maxbo_The_Elder
    Soul Shriven
    Green-Things folks
    The fishing is good. So is the harvesting for that matter.
    Getting to see some people running around Bleakrock Isle, so I guess that means some improvements have been made. Still quite a bit of delay in loading up the people and stuff when I go to the merchants and bank in town.

Over all it is a step in the right direction.
    Of course my patch was still a version of the 1.2.4, and that suites me just fine if they want to take their time and work out the bugs in 1.2.5 before handing it down. After several hours of just poking around and fishing without having to hang up or crash, I have hope things will get better.

Oh, and no loading screens either. I knew something made this more enjoyable.

Back to fishing eh.
    Maxbo The Elder.
    Options
  • meaghs
    meaghs
    ✭✭✭
    dunno about others who were experiencing what the OP described in this thread but the last update fixed it wonderfully for me (ty Zenimax for giving me my game back!).

Hope it worked for others. - M.
    Edited by meaghs on 9 July 2014 09:38
    Options
  • Olgapeterson
    Still experiencing terrible frame rate drops. It jumps around from 25 to 5-7. I've done everything I could on my end and nothing.
    Very difficult to play and even more frustrating.
    When is the "continuous" fix going to actually be implemented? I'm ready to unsub....
    Options