The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Vet Imperial City Prison Has Been Soloed!

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Imperial City Prison (Veteran) - Solo

Notes:
• Patch: One Tamriel
• My pet was not technically needed for any of these bosses, but I still brought it for the Overfiend and Ibomez the Flesh Sculptor.
• If a dungeon doesn't have specific mechanics that result in a single player's death unless aided by allies, it can be soloed.
• As a whole, this was the toughest (certainly the longest) Veteran dungeon I've soloed. Each boss was difficult besides the Lord Warden's Council. Still I think that vWGT and vCoS are tougher due to The Planar Inhibitor and Velidreth being practically impossible to take down alone.
• Hard Mode was enabled for Lord Warden

Overfiend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b26XyxVyJE
• A pretty tough fight, but I consider it easy compared to what lies ahead.
• Pets make this fight easier, though they are not needed.
• The Overfiend's red AoE is deceiving. It is not a circle, but rather a ring. Stand next to the boss (at the center of the AoE) and it won't touch you.
• Most players are scared of the Overfiend's Flurry cone AoE attack. All you have to do is wait until the Flurry is initiated and then dodge roll. You'll take 1-2 ticks of damage tops. Not very dangerous when handled this way.

• Line of sight makes this fight much easier. Fighting the boss where I stand forces many of the adds to run closer to you than if you fought the Overfiend where it spawns.

Ibomez the Flesh Sculptor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzNc_G2L8cM
I am disappointed in this video..... It is full of mistakes, yet I managed to take him down. In a couple of my previous attempts, I had flawless run-throughs and took the boss down to around 10-15% health in almost half the time of this video, but always ended up dying to tiny mistakes :disappointed:

• Very difficult fight
• Dodge/block the Flesh Sculptor's heavy attacks or you will likely die
• The boss will often throw balls of poison at you. It deals moderate damage and places a DoT on you which is purgeable.
• Avoid the large cone AoE - it deals high damage and may oneshot you
• Tenderize (the knock down + "guaranteed death" unless boss is bashed" attack) can be avoided through maintaining your distance from the boss. A large snare will be placed on you, so you must Streak 2-3 times away and then repeat the process until the boss stops trying to Tenderize you. *note* - there is a time limit in which the boss will continue to chase you in order to Tenderize. If you are caught, but the Flesh Sculptor's Battleaxe lands on your body after the time expires, you will be spared rather than executed.

Besides these tips, there are two strategies to soloing this boss:

1) Fight him head on. This is the way I killed this boss in the video. It was very difficult, and a lot is going on behind the scenes with timing that can get me killed if done wrong. Also I had to stack full damage with no magic regen, or the Flesh Atronachs would be impossible to kill before they enrage. You will need to be very quick with the synergies, as spawning more than one Flesh Atronach can be catastrophic, especially if spawned early. In general, you need a perfect run to take the boss down when fought head on. You must be able to tank the boss (or make you pet tank it) and deal considerably high DPS while still spamming shields and watching out for the boss so a tenderize phase does not catch you off guard.

2) Kite the boss. Maintain Major Expedition throughout almost the whole fight. Run in circles around the boss' arena. DPS the boss while running, and make sure to never get caught by the swarm of enraged Flesh Atronachs that will inevitably follow you. Don't worry about throwing synergies, as you will never deal damage to the Flesh Atronachs. This strategy is very unfair imo, but it is definitely a much easier way to take down Ibomez the Flesh Sculptor solo.

Gravelight Sentry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ACUabSZl74
• A truly difficult boss. Don't attempt solo.
• Getting the Gravelight Sentry to 75% health causes it to enrage. Try to avoid this until all 5 of the Xivkyn are dead (or 3-4 of them)
• Killing all of the Xivkyn is your goal. Once you do that, you can burn down the boss much more safely than if a swarm of poisonous skeletons were trying to kill you.
• When a Xivkyn dies, all of the adds it has spawned overtime will explode
• Each Xivkyn spawns skeletons throughout the entire fight. You need to be very quick about taking out at least two of them immediately or the skeletons will overwhelm you.
• After the Gravelight Sentry enrages, you will notice that many more Poison AoEs will be thrown at you. Getting hit will deal moderate damage. It will CC you, easily leading to what could be your death. Never stop moving.

Flesh Abomination
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YiMgNYxgkE
• A pretty tough fight in general. It's easy to get caught up and die
• The most dangerous part of this fight is the very beginning. If two hoavers cast there poison AoEs on you at the same time, you will take a massive burst of damage. If you manage to kill both hoarvers you can continue on as usual. Make sure to never let two hoavers stay alive at the same time.
• The Flesh Abomination will either hit you for high damage , or hit you for high damage AND CC you. His attacks are usually dodge able. Stay healing/shielded when he hits you to avoid death
• If a red circle appears below you and explodes into a ring of poison, your opportunity to safely deal high damage has finally arrived. Burn the boss down and build Ultimate off of the zombie adds. Positioning the ring on top of the boss (by rolling/streaking out of the ring) will make it much easier to burn down the boss.

Lord Warden's Council
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZYSvh5V3PY
• A rather easy fight
• Destroy the Necromancer's totems when they spawn
• AoE down the bosses together and keep yourself healed. There isn't much more to it than that. Avoid the red circles on the ground as well.
• Make sure to kill all of the bosses in the same general timeframe. If you don't, shadow versions of the Boss NPCs you have already killed will spawn and attack you (until all bosses are dead). This will make Lord Warden's Council tougher than they need to be if you allow the Shadows to attack you for too long.

Lord Warden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afOrFAyKF4A
• Very difficult fight - I enabled Hard Mode to make it tougher
• Fighting this boss without any additional group support or extra stats through scaling was a nightmare
• Shield through Lord Warden's Shadow Barrage attack. You will notice Lord Warden stand irregularly still and prepare this attack before it happens.
• Avoid the floating blue orbs. these orbs will both damage and snare you, which can easily get you killed when the boss is using other attacks.
• Never stop moving - A meteor can easily fall down on you dealing high damage
• If you get CCed, and the Lord Warden teleports to your location and strikes you, keep in mind that the boss will also teleport away immediately afterward. This is an easy attack to see ahead of time, as the Lord Warden will crouch before teleporting/CCing you.
• A Shade Phase will initiate when the boss reaches both 65% and 35% health
• During a Shade Phase, four Shadows adds will spawn around the map that will constantly blast high damage projectiles at you. Only 1-2 will be able to take damage at a time. It is a nightmare on Veteran HM when solo.
• When the boss flies up high, it essentially means run in the portals you see floating over the ground. When you land there is a decent chance you will fall on a second portal, causing instant death. When running solo, there is nothing you can do about this. This RNG element will inevitably complicate the fight if trying to kill Lord Warden HM solo.

ENJOY!

- Solo Vet White Gold Tower
- Solo Vet Cradle of Shadows
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing as usual! <3
    Edited by andreasranasen on 19 January 2017 05:25
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Your level of patience kills me :s
  • Luthid
    Luthid
    ✭✭✭
    You are a god among men.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here lie all hopes and dreams of magic sorcs ever being buffed again LOL RIP
    Edited by DannyLV702 on 19 January 2017 05:33
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Watch you'll solo the first trial Vet soon lol
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice work!
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wsod.gif

Teach me how to sorc, please.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here we see sorcerer is able create HUGE damage that other classes cannot compete with.
    is this fair ?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here we see sorcerer is able create HUGE damage that other classes cannot compete with.
    is this fair ?

lmao mag sorc doesn't even have highest dps
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • Kuroinu
    Kuroinu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone that solo'd for a very long time and actually got bored doing it after a while, nice work!

Off-topic. I really like the Console UI. It's way more clean than PC. I wish it was possible to toggle it on PC. That or they update the old PC UI to the Console style.
    Edited by Kuroinu on 19 January 2017 05:45
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this fair ?

if you think that, then lets re-watch the video together and you show me where oyu or someother class does better. or even survive half of what that sorcerer is able to endure and dish out.

this is proof that sorcerer class is overpowered. no more proof is needed.
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this fair ?

Where do you see HUGE damage? I'm confused.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    is this fair ?

if you think that, then lets re-watch the video together and you show me where oyu or someother class does better. or even survive half of what that sorcerer is able to endure and dish out.

The OP is a good player...was by the skin of his teeth he didn't die zillions of times and that's only because he's a good player.

Derp.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this fair ?
    is this fair ?

You're confusing the class with the player :) tyvm
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These videos are amazing. Good work. Far more entertaining and better than the goofy 1vx videos in the pvp forums. Keep it up!
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • IronCrystal
    IronCrystal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this fair ?

Survivability is different from having high damage to dish out. What kind of dps do you think he was doing? I'd guess 28k or so since he had to use harness magicka a lot.

Nothing to take away from this feat, @OP is amazing at this. But sorcs are no where near super overpowered because of this.
    Edited by IronCrystal on 19 January 2017 05:52
    Make PC NA raiding great again!

Down with drama!

What Mechanics Healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer

Homestead Raid Scores
    vHRC 157,030
    vAA 138,287
    vSO 153,393
    vMoL 154,550

Not raiding in Morrowind
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I see is that Vaoh is an exceptional player, not that sorcs are op. Gratz!
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing. Well done.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    First

I think I'm done soloing stuff now Kazi. nothing left to attempt....

At least I'm getting closer and closer to Dro-m'Athra Destroyer :)

EDIT: Actually nvm what I just said. There's still one boss left to solo....
    Edited by Vaoh on 19 January 2017 09:59
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats awesome, gz! :)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an amazing achievement! What always strikes me about @Vaoh videos is that he is doing it all without the buff trackers and other add-ons that we PC players have become so reliant on. That's not to say that we need them, but most of us have come to rely on them. This would be impressive for a PC player with all the tools available to us, to see it done on console is truly astounding. *hats off*
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome, never thought it would be done by a console player. However, I believe its been done on PC before :) doesn't take anything away from you though
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

• Sovaso
    Sovaso
    ✭✭✭
    Madness. Why all this?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome, never thought it would be done by a console player. However, I believe its been done on PC before :) doesn't take anything away from you though

The whole dungeon? I am sure people have completed the first or last boss near-solo, where Group Finder buffs make it easy (I've done it this way many times before), but I am thoroughly convinced I'm the first and only player to solo either vWGT, vICP, or vCoS. These dungeons were always thought to be utterly impossible to solo on Vet. vICP alone should have been impossible to solo for people due to the Flesh Sculptor's tenderize mechanic.

I'd love to see proof of this! Makes things more exiting. I never knew I had competition :o plz link vids
    Edited by Vaoh on 19 January 2017 06:27
  • ScooberSteve
    ScooberSteve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kowtow
  • Loomis
    Loomis
    ✭✭✭
    is this fair ?

Roll a sorc or find a build that can do it as well he didn't need the pet

Envy destroys games

Note I do not play a sorc nor do I want to
    “There is no pain greater than this; not the cut of a jagged-edged dagger nor the fire of a dragon’s breath. Nothing burns in your heart like the emptiness of losing something, someone, before you truly have learned of its value. Often now I lift my cup in a futile toast, an apology to ears that cannot hear.”
    -Drizzt

Semper Fi
  • Loomis
    Loomis
    ✭✭✭
    is this fair ?

Templar for sure could ... I'm sure there are builds for other two as long as mechanics do not require a pet and someone has the patience of Job to work on it long enough ... the patience part is why you don't see many doing it

Edited by Loomis on 19 January 2017 06:36
    “There is no pain greater than this; not the cut of a jagged-edged dagger nor the fire of a dragon’s breath. Nothing burns in your heart like the emptiness of losing something, someone, before you truly have learned of its value. Often now I lift my cup in a futile toast, an apology to ears that cannot hear.”
    -Drizzt

Semper Fi
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

The whole dungeon? I am sure people have completed the first or last boss near-solo, where Group Finder buffs make it easy (I've done it this way many times before), but I am thoroughly convinced I'm the first and only player to solo either vWGT, vICP, or vCoS. These dungeons were always thought to be utterly impossible to solo on Vet. vICP alone should have been impossible to solo for people due to the Flesh Sculptor's tenderize mechanic.

I'd love to see proof of this! Makes things more exiting. I never knew I had competition :o plz link vids

Hey, I'm about 100% sure; the video was on the forums before. I'll try to find it for you :) what i do remember is that it was also a sorc... and i disctintly remember a clever little trick ont the flesh sculptor: there is a spot where you can kind of "get out of the map", so he (and the attros) cant reach you, but the boss doesnt reset xD
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5