The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Vet Imperial City Prison Has Been Soloed!

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here we see sorcerer is able create HUGE damage that other classes cannot compete with.
    is this fair ?

lmao mag sorc doesn't even have highest dps

if you think that, then lets re-watch the video together and you show me where oyu or someother class does better. or even survive half of what that sorcerer is able to endure and dish out.

this is proof that sorcerer class is overpowered. no more proof is needed.

First you'd have to find a vid where someone else soloed vICP.
    Vaoh wrote: »
    This is awesome, never thought it would be done by a console player. However, I believe its been done on PC before :) doesn't take anything away from you though

The whole dungeon? I am sure people have completed the first or last boss near-solo, where Group Finder buffs make it easy (I've done it this way many times before), but I am thoroughly convinced I'm the first and only player to solo either vWGT, vICP, or vCoS. These dungeons were always thought to be utterly impossible to solo on Vet. vICP alone should have been impossible to solo for people due to the Flesh Sculptor's tenderize mechanic.

I'd love to see proof of this! Makes things more exiting. I never knew I had competition :o plz link vids

Hey, I'm about 100% sure; the video was on the forums before. I'll try to find it for you :) what i do remember is that it was also a sorc... and i disctintly remember a clever little trick ont the flesh sculptor: there is a spot where you can kind of "get out of the map", so he (and the attros) cant reach you, but the boss doesnt reset xD
    That doesn't really count. If true they stood still and simply dpsed the boss down like they would a target dummy :/

Tbh I think you are referring to Normal Imperial City Prison. Almost positive others have soloed this (not that hard). I legitimately believe there are probably only a handful of players in ESO even capable of something like this. Resorting to cheap tactics such as standing in exploitative areas that bug out the boss is not something that anyone who may be capable enough to solo vICP would possibly do.
    Edited by Vaoh on 19 January 2017 06:46
    Options
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    here we see sorcerer is able create HUGE damage that other classes cannot compete with.
    is this fair ?

if you think that, then lets re-watch the video together and you show me where oyu or someother class does better. or even survive half of what that sorcerer is able to endure and dish out.

This is awesome, never thought it would be done by a console player. However, I believe its been done on PC before :) doesn't take anything away from you though

The whole dungeon? I am sure people have completed the first or last boss near-solo, where Group Finder buffs make it easy (I've done it this way many times before), but I am thoroughly convinced I'm the first and only player to solo either vWGT, vICP, or vCoS. These dungeons were always thought to be utterly impossible to solo on Vet. vICP alone should have been impossible to solo for people due to the Flesh Sculptor's tenderize mechanic.

I'd love to see proof of this! Makes things more exiting. I never knew I had competition :o plz link vids

Hey, I'm about 100% sure; the video was on the forums before. I'll try to find it for you :) what i do remember is that it was also a sorc... and i disctintly remember a clever little trick ont the flesh sculptor: there is a spot where you can kind of "get out of the map", so he (and the attros) cant reach you, but the boss doesnt reset xD
    That doesn't really count. If true they stood still and simply dpsed the boss down like they would a target dummy :/

Tbh I think you are referring to Normal Imperial City Prison. Almost positive others have soloed this (not that hard). I legitimately believe there are probably only a handful of players in ESO even capable of something like this. Resorting to cheap tactics such as standing in exploitative areas that bug out the boss is not something that anyone who may be capable enough to solo vICP would possibly do.

No, I'm refering to vICP. Also, totally agree that what you did puts you in the top 0.1%... However, you seem to suggest taht "a person who is good enough would never use an exploit".. right xD

As I said, the fact that you weren't the first to solo it (although quite possibly first to solo it on console) doesn't take anything away from you :)
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    is this fair ?

No, I'm refering to vICP. Also, totally agree that what you did puts you in the top 0.1%... However, you seem to suggest taht "a person who is good enough would never use an exploit".. right xD

As I said, the fact that you weren't the first to solo it (although quite possibly first to solo it on console) doesn't take anything away from you :)
    0.1%? I never stated this puts me at the 0.1%.

Just checked all over the forums and on google/youtube. Only a handful of things came up, none of which were actually solo fights at all (or included cheap/buggy/exploitative strategies). The most impressive fight I could find was vs the Lord Warden from near half health, where the player was supplemented my lots of group buffs (I have beaten it many times this way as well - not hard to do). If someone actually soloed vICP as I have, I doubt it would be difficult to find at all. Please find me the proof if you are going to claim I am not the first player to accomplish this task.

You see, I actually spent a lot of time and put in a lot of effort to pull this off. Hearing that you aren't first to do it because one person says so with zero proof makes me feel like I'm being trolled since I put in the time to truly accomplish it.
    Edited by Vaoh on 19 January 2017 07:16
    Options
  • Cimadon
    Cimadon
    ✭✭✭
    First off: good ******* job! Wow. You are a champion at this game no doubt.

Second off: I couldn't see a single nightblade, templar or Dragonknight do stuff like this. I wouldn't even think a stamina character could do this to be honest. I know there is a reason you did this on a magicka sorc and it is not just because he is your best character or whatever, sorcs have the best solo PvE potential IMO. And Magicka blows stamina out the water in PvE DPS and survivability. And to me, that clearly says something is not balanced in PvE.

Also, why don't you have damage numbers on? That baffles me.

Again, good job!
    Edited by Cimadon on 19 January 2017 07:22
    Options
  • omfgitsbatman
    omfgitsbatman
    ✭✭✭✭
    is this fair ?

0.1%? I never stated this puts me at the 0.1%.

Just checked all over the forums and on google/youtube. Only a handful of things came up, none of which were actually solo fights at all (or included cheap/buggy/exploitative strategies). The most impressive fight I could find was vs the Lord Warden from near half health, where the player was supplemented my lots of group buffs (I have beaten it many times this way as well - not hard to do). If someone actually soloed vICP as I have, I doubt it would be difficult to find at all. Please find me the proof if you are going to claim I am not the first player to accomplish this task.

You see, I actually spent a lot of time and put in a lot of effort to pull this off. Hearing that you aren't first to do it because one person says so with zero proof makes me feel like I'm being trolled since I put in the time to truly accomplish it.

I'm not trying to troll you; and as I said, I'll link you the video if/when I find it :)
    He's the healer Tamriel deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hurt his tank. Because he can heal them to full. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful rejuvinator. A Cloaked Healer.

@Omfgitsbatman PC/NA
    Ticktick-Argonian Nightblade Healer/Magicka DPS
    Tinytick- Imperial DK Tank
    Wuches Y'Shaur- V16 High Elf Sorc Magicka DPS
    Ticktator- Dunmer DK Magicka DPS
    Tick Head- Dark Elf Magicka NB DPS

GM:
    Mercs Of Sovngarde (EP/NA): AA (HM), HRC (HM), VSO (HM), VDSA, VMSA complete
    Vet Maw 4/5

Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cimadon wrote: »
    First off: good ******* job! Wow. You are a champion at this game no doubt.

Second off: I couldn't see a single nightblade, templar or Dragonknight do stuff like this. I wouldn't even think a stamina character could do this to be honest. I know there is a reason you did this on a magicka sorc and it is not just because he is your best character or whatever, sorcs have the best solo PvE potential IMO. And Magicka blows stamina out the water in PvE DPS. And to me, that clearly says something is not balanced in PvE.

Also, why don't you have damage numbers on? That baffles me.

Again, good job!

Ty! I've played Magicka Sorc since about a month after PS4 launch. It is practically all I use and is absolutely my main. The *only* reason I chose Magicka Sorcerer is because I love the mobility of the class via Boundless Storm and Streak. It is the class I am extremely experienced in and I will always stick to it.

Streak is also one of the class-defining skills for Sorcs. It just happens to be helpful in surviving certain mechanics as well when playing solo such as when soloing the Flesh Sculptor. It's worth noting that any Stamina class can solo the Flesh Sculptor if you are experienced/smart enough with roll dodging, but the only Magicka class that is capable of doing this is Magicka Sorc. Also, other classes have other abilities that can help them survive against certain scenarios where my Sorcerer has no chance to prevail.

I turn off combat text because it gets annoying. I know how much damage I'm dealing by watching the bosses health bar. Getting Lord Warden HM to 68% health solo before having to enter a portal is pretty great.

Magicka DPS does not blow Stamina DPS out of the water..... that's another discussion in itself though.
    Options
  • Cimadon
    Cimadon
    ✭✭✭
    Ty! I've played Magicka Sorc since about a month after PS4 launch. It is practically all I use and is absolutely my main. The *only* reason I chose Magicka Sorcerer is because I love the mobility of the class via Boundless Storm and Streak. It is the class I am extremely experienced in and I will always stick to it.

Fair enough.
    Streak is also one of the class-defining skills for Sorcs. It just happens to be helpful in surviving certain mechanics as well when playing solo such as when soloing the Flesh Sculptor. It's worth noting that any Stamina class can solo the Flesh Sculptor if you are experienced/smart enough with roll dodging, but the only Magicka class that is capable of doing this is Magicka Sorc. Also, other classes have other abilities that can help them survive against certain scenarios where my Sorcerer has no chance to prevail.

Thanks for the insight. Examples?
    Magicka DPS does not blow Stamina DPS out of the water..... that's another discussion in itself though.

Fair enough. I have no meaningful testing/proof to back up my claim that magicka eats stamina in dps, what I do have, is countless guild chat/zone chat messages asking for magicka DPS specifically for PvE, not wanting to get a stamina DPS for this or that reason. I just thought that meant magicka was better. Also, alot of people believe this to be true.
    Options
  • Messy1
    Messy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when someone solo's a boss are the other 3 group members bystanders?
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cimadon wrote: »

Fair enough.

Thanks for the insight. Examples?

Fair enough. I have no meaningful testing/proof to back up my claim that magicka eats stamina in dps, what I do have, is countless guild chat/zone chat messages asking for magicka DPS specifically for PvE, not wanting to get a stamina DPS for this or that reason. I just thought that meant magicka was better. Also, alot of people believe this to be true.

Magicka DK provides essential group DPS buffs and deals high DPS.

Magicka NB, Sorc, and Templar can deal ranged DPS.

Stamina DPS must stand in melee range to deal high damage. They also do not have access to shields, and have to rely much more on healers. Stam DPS are tougher to play correctly and most ppl do it wrong one way or another.

Trial groups seek Magicka DPS because they are generally easier to play (especially to survive with) and can burn bosses down from a distance.

There are plenty of scenarios where my Sorc would die but another class would survive solely based off of available skills. This does not make any class OP at all, but rather lucky to have one of their skills just happen to fit the situation and help them live.

One example for DKs is Magma Armor. It can help you survive some ridiculous situations.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Messy1 wrote: »
    So when someone solo's a boss are the other 3 group members bystanders?

Sort of. Soloing something implies you aren't grouped. Even grouping up to run a dungeon and then fighting the boss alone supplements you with large stat inflations.

If you just run into City of Ash and beat it yourself, you've soloed it :neutral:
    Options
  • TheCaptainJosh
    TheCaptainJosh
    ✭✭✭
    This is now a nerf sorcs thread
    AugustusGray
    PC NA
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is now a nerf sorcs thread

yeah :disappointed:
    Options
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another amazing one by @Vaoh ! :)

You used to say it was impossible... due to the door mechanics. How did you manage those ?

Options
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know I click on your threads, I read through your post, and I'm just;

3b4.png
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
    Options
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOW that's awesome!
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
    Options
  • DigitalShibby
    DigitalShibby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bet after watching these video's a bunch of fresh sorc's will be rolling out if the wailing prison soon. Nice work OP! That takes some serious talent and hard work.
    Options
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    I bet after watching these video's a bunch of fresh sorc's will be rolling out if the wailing prison soon. Nice work OP! That takes some serious talent and hard work.

^^ this is so true, every time someone does something godly, the wailing prison becomes crowded with that type of built, haha
    To all that believe "this" is over powered and "that's" over powered, my finger hitting the buttons while intensely fighting, NOW THAT'S OP. My point is ask yourself, did you get every single passive in your skills, and I mean all. Did you max out all your armor and weapons to Legendary. Did you do personal testing with your cp points in different configurations to make sure you are at max power? If not stop right here calling out OP this and that!! Only when you do all of this on your character and only if then you have tested for best setup, can you call out OP this and that, but then we'll call you noob, for having a max character and still not good at game play!!
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Impressive! I was most curious about how you avoided Ibomez's 1-shot. Didn't know it was possible to streak out to avoid. Out of curiosity, how did you deal with the door levers leading up to the Council and Warden?

where Group Finder buffs make it easy
    There is no such thing. At least, not for a level 50 character with 160 CP. Yes, when you enter a dungeon via the queue, you will see inflated spell/weapon damage stats in your character sheet, and this causes many people to believe that such a buff exists (and it is for this reason that many PUGs insist on queuing pre-formed groups for a dungeon, which I really dislike due to the Group Finder forcibly kidnapping people when they're in the middle of clearing bags or picking up pledges, but I digress).

But if one checks how much each ability is actually hitting for, one will find that the outgoing damage is exactly the same as it is had one entered the dungeon manually. So the character sheet is incorrect, and you are not actually buffed by using the group finder.
    Edited by code65536 on 19 January 2017 10:50
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aww can't someone do something awesome and people not rain on their parade?

K68Qj.gif
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    Impressive! I was most curious about how you avoided Ibomez's 1-shot. Didn't know it was possible to streak out to avoid. Out of curiosity, how did you deal with the door levers leading up to the Council and Warden?

where Group Finder buffs make it easy
    There is no such thing. At least, not for a level 50 character with 160 CP. Yes, when you enter a dungeon via the queue, you will see inflated spell/weapon damage stats in your character sheet, and this causes many people to believe that such a buff exists (and it is for this reason that many PUGs insist on queuing pre-formed groups for a dungeon, which I really dislike due to the Group Finder forcibly kidnapping people when they're in the middle of clearing bags or picking up pledges, but I digress).

But if one checks how much each ability is actually hitting for, one will find that the outgoing damage is exactly the same as it is had one entered the dungeon manually. So the character sheet is incorrect, and you are not actually buffed by using the group finder.

From my own experience, I've found soloing Lord Warden HM quite easy when I run with a group of PUGs who die quickly. All I know is that I take less damage and deal more damage while using a weaker build. Maybe Lord Warden was buffed a bit with One Tamriel? I don't know.

In this solo instance, it was much more difficult. Portal RNG (due to being almost unable to eliminate portals) caused TONS of deaths for me. Falling on another portal causes you to disintegrate, referred to as "Portal Feedback". What's interesting is that at the beginning of my video, I almost die from this after falling from the first portal. Still I beat it, and probably better than anyone else :)

As for the levers.... well I skipped them. I'm a professional jumping expert you see. I jumped over the gates!
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another amazing one by @Vaoh ! :)

You used to say it was impossible... due to the door mechanics. How did you manage those ?

Yep I used to say it was impossible.

However, I was challenged to take down the Flesh Sculptor who was supposed to be impossible due to the Tenderize mechanic. After I defeated him, I knew I had to solo vICP.

I chose to jump over the gates rather than pull the levers. Same effect :)

Options
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    is this fair ?

Here we see that the people boasting that player skill is irrelevant, are sorely mistaken. I would love to see these naysayers repeat this feat.
    Edited by Leandor on 19 January 2017 11:36
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

K68Qj.gif

Some people get jealous or feel the need to troll. Goes for everything I suppose.

I'm very happy about what I have accomplished :smiley: and it adds to my list of dungeon soloes! That's what matters. I know if I saw a thread where someone soloed a Vet dungeon thought to be impossible I'd watch the vids in awe and be a bit jealous tbh.
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    is this fair ?

Here we see that the people boasting that player skill is irrelevant, are sorely mistaken. I would love to see these naysayers repeat this feat.

The naysayers tend to be jealous players that would struggle to solo most Normal dungeons.

And yes, player skill is #1 in this type of content.
    Edited by Vaoh on 19 January 2017 12:08
    Options
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

K68Qj.gif

Some people get jealous or feel the need to troll. Goes for everything I suppose.

I'm very happy about what I have accomplished :smiley: and it adds to my list of dungeon soloes! That's what matters. I know if I saw a thread where someone soloed a Vet dungeon thought to be impossible I'd watch the vids in awe and be a bit jealous tbh.

I'm happy for you! It's awesome when in such a jaded culture we are apart of that we do find enjoyment in hard work! I have 2 Sorc's but I'm not the best at that class. I enjoy them in pvp and for harvesting though!
    Edited by Sheezabeast on 19 January 2017 12:15
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From my own experience, I've found soloing Lord Warden HM quite easy when I run with a group of PUGs who die quickly. All I know is that I take less damage and deal more damage while using a weaker build. Maybe Lord Warden was buffed a bit with One Tamriel? I don't know.

In this solo instance, it was much more difficult. Portal RNG (due to being almost unable to eliminate portals) caused TONS of deaths for me. Falling on another portal causes you to disintegrate, referred to as "Portal Feedback". What's interesting is that at the beginning of my video, I almost die from this after falling from the first portal. Still I beat it, and probably better than anyone else :)
    All I know is that in OT, controlled testing shows that it definitely does not grant an offensive buff (despite the character sheet stats suggesting otherwise, which may mean that it might have in the past before getting changed in OT), and in my experience (though not a well-controlled test), it doesn't grant a defensive buff either.

And, yes, watching your Warden video, it looked liked you had at least 3 close calls where you almost got nailed by the feedback.
    Options
  • BruceLeeroy91
    BruceLeeroy91
    ✭✭✭
    Imoressive, but how did you activate the switches before lord warden? Don't they require a second player?
    Options
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The next dungeon or trial should have @Vaoh as the last boss! You sir, are a beast!
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

Options
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just how did you get past the levers? Streak actually did work? Congrats on nailing this one!!

Edit: Read that you became a ninja Sorc. :tongue:
    Edited by Mic1007 on 19 January 2017 15:58
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Very well done considering most people in game seem to be become suddenly frightened as soon as you mention vet ICP.

No one ever seems to want to do it especially when you say "lets try a no death run"

So congrats, you deserve the praise
    Options