The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

We require a way to change our appearance after creation now to fix what was broken.

ESO_Beta_Gamer
I've read in several forums about people's characters being mysteriously altered in appearance and I have the same issue now with my main since patch/expansion. My character had no body markings of any nature and now has scars and part of her chest burned.

10422244_753919397985786_7644634491366053395_n.jpg

So we need a way to change our whole appearance now to rectify likely what was errors in the memory during the patching/update. Every CS representative I've spoken to about this has simply stated that it cant be changed because they don't have a method of doing so. So... Customer Service needs this... players need this... can we get this ball rolling?
  • Crisscross
    Crisscross
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, that's pretty terrible. I've just heard of hair and facial expressions being changed, but scars and burns were added too? Something seriously got borked with the patch.

Second of all... what chest piece is that? =3 I wants.

Third, if that outfit is a costume/disguise then that might be the reason for the scars. I know some disguises add scars/dirt/facepaint/bodypaint etc.
    Options
  • Psychoke
    Psychoke
    ✭✭
    great idea, i pressed randomize character a long time ago and i regret it :p
    "imagine a world without elder scrolls customer support, i can't either"
    Options
  • ESO_Beta_Gamer
    It's the Seducer costume. You will get it once you reach Vet 6.
    Edited by ESO_Beta_Gamer on May 31, 2014 10:00AM
    Options
  • ESO_Beta_Gamer
    Psychoke, I paid great attention to every part of character creation due to knowing this was likely going to be my primary character. So this issue is kind of a kick in the teeth for the effort put into creating the character.
    Options
  • TheAmu
    TheAmu
    ✭✭✭
    Adding little market stalls like a hair stylist, make-up artist, um...magical transmogrifier, would certainly enrich the game world. So long as they used in-game gold, and not real money.

We are already paying subscription which we can reasonably expect covers cost of content development.

But for those characters that were effected by a patch, they should be given a one off potion that gives them a character creation do-over. They did this in FF:ARR, so I don't see why it couldn't be done for ESO.
    Edited by TheAmu on May 31, 2014 10:16AM
    Options
  • Darastix
    Darastix
    ✭✭✭
    lol, the burning boob

ESOBetaSig.png

Edited by Darastix on May 31, 2014 10:19AM
    Options
  • mndfreeze
    mndfreeze
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't they say in one of the AMA's or "in the future" messages that this was something they were looking into? I might be remembering wrong but it seems like I read it somewhere.
    Options
  • ESO_Beta_Gamer
    mdnfreeze, all I've been told by the CS reps who didn't respond "Well you could have missed that in character creation" was that they themselves do not have a method of fixing this issue currently and that hopefully reporting the issue or giving feedback in the direction of the issue could implement such a tool either for their use or our own. Nothing I ever received back said they were looking into it or even had any future plans for it.
    Options
  • Preachan
    Preachan
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they add something like this... feeling like my main needs another hairstyle or a few other changes... would be good feature, which most MMOs have.

And would even be more welcome, if more players have such issues post patch.
    Options
  • Blkadr
    Blkadr
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyrim added that lady in the Thieves Guild who could remake your face for 1000 gold, that seems to be necessary here. Except the first time should be free.
    Options
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the npc faces have changed as well and don't look right.
    They need to give everyone a free appearance change due to this problem because it did ruin some character looks and I doubt they're going to fix it given the scope of the issue.
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guy plays roleplaying game where character fights in epic battles wages war and combat. Complains about battle scars.
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Options
  • kassandratheclericb14_ESO
    Ok is it armor or a costume?
    Options
  • ExiledKhallisi
    ExiledKhallisi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree though. I became vampire and now look so hideous I don't want to remove my helmet
    >>>>>>>>(DC)Guild Master of Biestas 250+ Active Members<<<<<<<<
    ||||||Vr14 Sorc: Darkened Soul vr14 Templar: Tiffaney||||||
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
    ― Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Options
  • Arsenic_Touch
    Arsenic_Touch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guy plays roleplaying game where character fights in epic battles wages war and combat. Complains about battle scars.

Are you really having trouble understanding why people have a problem with this?
    Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

╔═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗
    "Hope can drown lost in thunderous sound."
    "Fear can claim what little faith remains."
    "Death will take those who fight alone."
    "But united we can break a fate once set in stone."

╚═════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

NA // Ebonheart Pact // Leader of CORE Legion // Namira Beta Tester // VR11 NB
    Options
  • shunex
    shunex
    ✭✭
    i spend alot of time creating my character and yes it is annoying when " burns and scars magically appear" and i agree with there should be a stylist of some description in the game. almost all the mmos ive played has a "stylist" or "hairdresser" and i think it would be added soon...
    Shunex - VR14 Templar - Heal Slave
    Guild Of Shadows
    Options
  • reggielee
    reggielee
    ✭✭✭✭
    some sort of barbershop is needed, I think it would be a great gold sink. that said, I havent looked closely at any of my avatars or anyone elses since creation and could care less what mine looks like
    Mama always said the fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    For those of you running into your appearance changing, are you wearing a costume or just your regular armor? Can you also try unequipping various items and seeing if that changes anything with your appearance?

If you see any difference at any point, please let us know which item appears to be the culprit and we'll investigate. Also let us know how you looked before and after. Thanks!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Some_Jerk
    Some_Jerk
    ✭✭✭
    I would really like the ability to alter my characters' appearances. But really, who wouldn't?
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to just be able to make adjustments, to hair, or scarring. Also for people who played the early beta, you couldn't really see your character in creation properly (myself included). Luckily, I got it just how I wanted it my character in large part because I knew what I was doing the with the character generator from the playtest period of the game. I agree there should be a way to adjust appearance after character creation.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • Theegoliath
    Theegoliath
    ✭✭✭
    It would be awesome to implement these features for in game gold. Like a respec. My toon is stuck frowning in screenshots... : (
    Edited by Theegoliath on June 2, 2014 7:17PM
    Options
  • Dissentinel
    Dissentinel
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they'll include appearance changing with the Thieves Guild.
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a call for a new Rededication Shrine: Shrine to Dibella, Goddess of Beauty.
    Many MMOs have appearance changes for in-game gold, so I expect it'll come sooner or later. And to fit with their lore and their usage of shrines for respec, a Shrine to Dibella seems like an obvious choice.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • Covyn
    Covyn
    ✭✭✭
    LOL My Dark Elf Sorc looks like he got smashed in the face with a frying pan after the patch.....I just tell people my "Bolt Escape was poorly targeted and I hit a tree".

Yes, I would like to fix it.
    Gyxx (VR1) Templar
    Quidd (VR5) Nightblade
    Kadzien (15) Sorc
    Covyn (VR12) DragonKnight (now spends his days crafting)
    Options
  • Murmeltier
    Murmeltier
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those of you running into your appearance changing, are you wearing a costume or just your regular armor? Can you also try unequipping various items and seeing if that changes anything with your appearance?

If you see any difference at any point, please let us know which item appears to be the culprit and we'll investigate. Also let us know how you looked before and after. Thanks!

For the First, i love this Game and i think it is new and i am curious what the Future brings.

I have heard from the Bug that could Change the Appearance of a Character and my Heart stands still for some Seconds.

After i logged in, i check out my Templer-Lady to see if something has changed on her. I was happy to see, that nothing was changed but i was little bit angry too.

I work on this Style a long Time and restart several Times to get this *thats it* Feeling and then someone tells in the Forum, oh this Style could be destroyed. Some of the important Things in a MMORPG is the longevity/reliability (i hope i spell this right) of a Character, you level it up and search Equip/Style, you dont want to lose this, as a Player.

Damn, i choose Races that looks well to me over the Stats and Bonus they have and now every Patch or Login could destroy the Look? The same Thing with Bankslots and Skillpoints, that cant be. That dont have to be in a MMORPG. Zenimax, you should worry about the Motivation the Players investing in their Styles and save this Time.

And for the last, i cant believe that you say:*Pls explain us how the Character looks before we demolished him*. Not every Player make Screenshoots because they dont think about a Patch, who could destroy their Character-Style. How can i explain a Style that i have worked for a long Time, with all the Adjustments i have done?

Not every Player written this down because they dont thought it could be happen, that a Patch destroy their Work. So please work on this Problem or give the Players a Chance to style again their Character. How you could implemented this should be one of your Motivations, to restore the Feeling that the Time i have used on my Character is save and could not be destroyed by a Patch or something else.

This was the first Time i really disliked something, i have read about Teso in the Forums. I dont think if i read the Statements from your Company here, that you have understand how important this is.

MFG Murmeltier.

Edited by Murmeltier on June 3, 2014 1:52AM
    Options
  • LordEcks
    LordEcks
    ✭✭✭
    Murmeltier wrote:
    Not every Player written this down because they dont thought it could be happen, that a Patch destroy their Work.

Funny I was under the impression that this was the only thing patches did.
    Options
  • SFBryan18
    SFBryan18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a good idea... Add a button on the character menu that takes you to the creation screen anytime you want. Crazy right? Almost as crazy as something TES had in their games called a console where you would type in CharacterMenu and change your character anytime you wanted.
    Options
  • Westcoast14_ESO
    Westcoast14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure why there isn't an option to alter a characters appearance for in game gold. This seems like a no-brainer for a game whose design discourages alts. I can't imagine it would be that hard to implement either. Honestly, why would an MMO provider want players to be less invested in their characters?
    Options
  • Crisscross
    Crisscross
    ✭✭✭
    It would be awesome to implement these features for in game gold. Like a respec. My toon is stuck frowning in screenshots... : (

If the problem with your character is just that he's frowning, try using the /brushoff or /sigh emotes. It reverts my char's expression back to its default state, so hopefully it works for everyone.
    Options
  • Ragekniv
    Ragekniv
    ✭✭✭
    Crisscross wrote: »
    First of all, that's pretty terrible. I've just heard of hair and facial expressions being changed, but scars and burns were added too? Something seriously got borked with the patch.

Second of all... what chest piece is that? =3 I wants.

Third, if that outfit is a costume/disguise then that might be the reason for the scars. I know some disguises add scars/dirt/facepaint/bodypaint etc.

It's a costume you get when you reach VR6 level.
    Options