Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

We require a way to change our appearance after creation now to fix what was broken.

• equalthisb14_ESO
    equalthisb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Well I made my main character when you couldn't zoom in on your face on launch, and now my nose is huge and my quest buddy makes fun of me constantly. I would like a way to fix it and I would like soon. Oh the ridicule, I mean my honker should be sent to the top of the priority list, thanks!
    Options
  • Necronomicon
    Necronomicon
    ✭✭✭
    I have been adamant about this since day one, they need to add a way to go back to the body sliders/face sliders and let us change what we want for fee of sorts. It would be madness if they didin't.
    Options
  • monkeymystic
    monkeymystic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In skyrim (single player game) they had that "face sculpture" npc or something, that could change your appearance and face.

They should implement this NPC, and it still wouldn't break lore.
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've read in several forums about people's characters being mysteriously altered in appearance and I have the same issue now with my main since patch/expansion. My character had no body markings of any nature and now has scars and part of her chest burned.

10422244_753919397985786_7644634491366053395_n.jpg

So we need a way to change our whole appearance now to rectify likely what was errors in the memory during the patching/update. Every CS representative I've spoken to about this has simply stated that it cant be changed because they don't have a method of doing so. So... Customer Service needs this... players need this... can we get this ball rolling?

I have the same problem after I downloaded the recent patch I realized that my Charachters hairstyle and eye color have changed. was this supposed to happen? Can it be fixed?
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • Evergnar
    Evergnar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread cracked me up. Got to thinking if every battle gave your toon scars they'd be mess.

This definitely should have been taken care of a long time ago. We couldn't even get through step 1, day 1 w/o problems. Fully support pushing this as everybody at least deserves to have there character look right.
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I filled out a support ticket and I recieved a response telling me I had to do a /bug report.....
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • Singular
    Singular
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree though. I became vampire and now look so hideous I don't want to remove my helmet

That's funny. One of my characters was so ugly, vampirism made her look pretty again.

OP: Totally agree! I've asked for this, too, mainly b/c I was struck by the initial bug at launch where we couldn't see a close up to our character's face. I spend about an hour getting the details just right on characters - after all, you want them to be pretty - and she turned out ugly. Another one was pretty in the character creation screen, but ugly in game. No idea why that's happening.

Yes, to address our concerns, there has to be some kind of in-game appearance modification. It can be a plat sink, that would be cool.
    War, give me war, give me war.
    Options
  • tordr86b16_ESO
    tordr86b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costumes can change appearances.
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costumes can change appearances.

Maybe but I feel we should be able to make our characters look like they did when we started playing. I dislike having a different toon everytime I log in

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • trueche
    trueche
    ✭✭
    I've noticed that in game my face is almost an angry emotion while on the character screen it appears as I created it, more neutral. I noticed before when I would pull out a weapon (DW) my face would look more angered, and now it just stays that way.
    Options
  • curlyqloub14_ESO
    curlyqloub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    For those of you running into your appearance changing, are you wearing a costume or just your regular armor? Can you also try unequipping various items and seeing if that changes anything with your appearance?

If you see any difference at any point, please let us know which item appears to be the culprit and we'll investigate. Also let us know how you looked before and after. Thanks!

See this thread: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/100747/my-hair-changed/p3

I don't think it's any particular item causing these things. Appearances were changed after patch 1.1.2 on many things - though they were subtle changes for the most part, there were clearly alterations. It's almost like some dev decided to just ninja-adjust the appearance of a bunch of stuff, without letting anyone know.

I posted in that thread I linked, as I have experienced that issue as well. It makes no difference if I wear a costume or any particular armor, turn my helmet on or off, or any other thing I might try in regards to equipped items. No matter what I equip or remove, my altered appearance is still altered.
    Options
  • blauschwinge
    blauschwinge
    ✭✭
    Are you absolutely sure your skin just didn't get burned by that stray 2700+ Damage Fireball from that NPC that was below your level? Those really hurt! But seriously this is extremely annoying, a character's looks is heavily important for self immersion, this is outrageous.
    Options
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of the problem with characters not looking like they did in character creation I think has to do with lighting and video settings.

Creation appears to be done with maximum video settings in, textures, level of detail, etc.

Once in game, your settings are different and your character looks different.

Lighting also changes. The softer features on all of my mer have ended up with shadowy sunken cheeks with the cheekbones protruding once at character select. If you zoom all the way in to the face it looks closer to what you set, but not exact.

And speaking of mer, my Altmer looks incredibly angry after the patch.

And it's not the crafting bug. She's not a crafter.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    May we get UserIDs for those of you who have experienced a significant change in your character's appearance? (Scars where there were none, a bald character gaining hair, a beard where there wasn't one before, change in eye color, etc.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found this only happens when any sort of disguise is equipped and when I enter a dungeon or a different zone. one zone with a disguise on and my toon will change hair and facial features and when I port again she'll have a different appearance again. been happening since beta but its only with disguises on.
    Options
  • nsuterryb14_ESO
    nsuterryb14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    You could just insert a character appearance changer into the game. I'd love to change my hairstyle.
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the shrine to dibella idea.

When I created my main during early access, you couldn't zoom in on the face and the creation lighting was super dark.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Maverick827
    Maverick827
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    May we get UserIDs for those of you who have experienced a significant change in your character's appearance? (Scars where there were none, a bald character gaining hair, a beard where there wasn't one before, change in eye color, etc.)
    Should we PM them to you?
    Options
  • nawlinzbilly
    nawlinzbilly
    ✭✭
    Wow! That is sad. I would be emailing TESO daily till they fixed that. As much pride, time, sweat and calasis's... we want the character we spent time creating. Even an option to do a character change (for gold) maybe not a full on sex change, but at least tats and hair. Something to consider TESO.
    Options
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭
    After patch I haven't seen any significant change on my main character but surely I'm amongst those affected by the bugs during the first day of early access.
    Face infact is a lot different from the one I created in beta, so without zoom I simply followed the same steps, but I'd like as well to change at least face - head appearance.
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
    Options
  • ESO_Beta_Gamer
    For those of you running into your appearance changing, are you wearing a costume or just your regular armor? Can you also try unequipping various items and seeing if that changes anything with your appearance?

If you see any difference at any point, please let us know which item appears to be the culprit and we'll investigate. Also let us know how you looked before and after. Thanks!

My issue with my characters appearance is not based on any costume or gear equipped. I've unequipped it all and the scarring remains despite whatever gear changes are made. This is a persisting problem.
    10415612_757274177650308_8114307851199018602_n.jpg
    Edited by ESO_Beta_Gamer on June 6, 2014 2:07PM
    Options
  • danreckerpreub18_ESO
    I found this only happens when any sort of disguise is equipped and when I enter a dungeon or a different zone. one zone with a disguise on and my toon will change hair and facial features and when I port again she'll have a different appearance again. been happening since beta but its only with disguises on.

This happened to me as well, but only with movement speed. Concealed weapon apparently reduced my movement speed due to entering a main-quest mission while sprinting (This is my guess, at least) ... Sprinting would make me move at a normal walk, and walking would make it appear as though I was trying to sprint through a thick crust of dessicated jello coated in frozen molasses.

This persisted for a full week, through deaths, dungeon re-entrances, wayshrine uses...
    I finally rid myself of it by respeccing and /stucking myself to death about four times, after which it finally reset. My guess here is that the new value for stealth speed modding reset my base movement rate as well.

For anyone with these model issues... perhaps try respeccing with an odd costume on, / stuck once or twice, and see if anything changes further, or reverts? If nothing else, it could provide some useful troubleshooting data for Zeni to go off of.
    Options
  • bylli
    bylli
    Soul Shriven
    After seeing the OPs original post on fb I strpped down my level 15 DK and have scars also no costume, no gear, at all.
    Options
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Sounds like a call for a new Rededication Shrine: Shrine to Dibella, Goddess of Beauty.
    Many MMOs have appearance changes for in-game gold, so I expect it'll come sooner or later. And to fit with their lore and their usage of shrines for respec, a Shrine to Dibella seems like an obvious choice.
    NAILED it.

Enodoc for Emperor.
    Options
  • Yam_of_the_Center
    Yam_of_the_Center
    ✭✭✭
    trueche wrote: »
    I've noticed that in game my face is almost an angry emotion while on the character screen it appears as I created it, more neutral. I noticed before when I would pull out a weapon (DW) my face would look more angered, and now it just stays that way.
    I've noticed the same thing with one of my characters! I was actually going to make a thread about it, and may still. Just as yours, on the character screen he looks just how I designed him (thankfully he doesn't seem to have any appearance changes), but when I get in game, man, he's rather angry looking. I wonder if it's because he's a Covenant Breton in Dominion lands, surrounded by elves. That's probably it.

Edit: Hey, you know... I logged in as said Covenant Breton several hours after my original post and he's no longer showing his irritation at so many elves being around. I think it was still that way yesterday, maybe it was some kind of face stuck in combat thing? I did go through an extensive amount of battle with him yesterday after not having done so for a week, and that entire week the facial expression had remained.
    Edited by Yam_of_the_Center on June 7, 2014 12:27AM
    He will bring life to the dead, hope to the living, and for him the Gate will open.
    The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the finest Elder Scrolls resource around!
    Options
  • Belitseri
    Belitseri
    ✭✭✭
    When I made my first character, the 'zoom in' feature was broken. So, I squinted and made what I thought was a decent looking toon. Once I was in-game, I didn't bother to look at her as I was having fun playing. Then, a couple of days later I hit 'v' and went omg... she's hideous lol. She looks like a cross between an elf and Gollum! LOL. I thought about re-doing her for looks but decided that not everyone can be beautiful... but it would sure be nice to get her some 'plastic surgery' after the fact lol.
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    my vampire wood elf female bosmer never had this happen would like to change her hair to be blacker
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow I thought I was nuts when my lvl 11 sorcerer was suddenly sporting a bandana (a choice I never would have made), I guess it could be this issue. I'll send you my userID
    Options
  • felixgamingx1
    felixgamingx1
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks like a she-he with a bad boob job
    Edited by felixgamingx1 on June 6, 2014 9:17PM
    Options
  • Tarwin
    Tarwin
    ✭✭✭
    It's the Seducer costume. You will get it once you reach Vet 6.

Can't wait to see what my big hairy ape male character looks like in a Seducer Costume
    Options