The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The “Easy Sorc” build

• pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you think you'll be able to get Godslayer with 8 easy mode sorcs?
    Options
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have removed some posts from this thread that were not constructive and considered baiting.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pod88kk wrote: »

Given the damage is up with the last patch? Try it, find out.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Apologies, let me make it clearer for you.
    Do you think you(@starkerealm) would be able to get the Godslayer title with a group with 8 easy mode sorcs seeing as it is "viable for ALL end game content".

Perhaps Xynode would help you out with this achievement as it would a great opportunity to silence people hating on his builds and prove that his build truly deserves to be immortalised on the ESO website.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you think you(@starkerealm) would be able to get the Godslayer title with a group with 8 easy mode sorcs seeing as it is "viable for ALL end game content".

Perhaps Xynode would help you out with this achievement as it would a great opportunity to silence people hating on his builds and prove that his build truly deserves to be immortalised on the ESO website.

Yeah, multiboxing isn't really my thing, so running eight characters at once is right out.

Also, just in case it's not clear, my magsorc is PvP.
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah, multiboxing isn't really my thing, so running eight characters at once is right out.

Also, just in case it's not clear, my magsorc is PvP.

So you don't even use the build you're defending. Do you use any of Xynode's builds?
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bakthi wrote: »
    It certainly does care, given that healing returned from certain sets/abilities is based on outgoing damage.

I'm talking about, for tanking. As the tank, outgoing damage is not your main concern. Even tanks that heal based on damage dealt usually don't worry about boosting their outgoing damage. At least, not if it comes at the cost of survival.

This wasn't always the case, and there used to be some really vicious tank builds that relied on dealing high damage (for a tank), but those are mostly gone now.

The one place where you'll see some weird blending is PvP. That's where you'll find the high damage heavy armor builds, because you're trying to melt the other guy before he melts you. Of course, heal on damage dealt in PvP is a mess, because the values are halved twice. First the damage itself, and then the heal on the half damage. This leaves us with a few sets that, kinda, don't really work.
    I agree that Tactician is probably the least useful, which again makes one wonder about sinking a combined 120 points into Physical Weapons Expert and Master-at-Arms to achieve it. That's one heck of an opportunity cost if there's literally any benefit to be gained in The Ritual.

For a tank, there isn't much. For DPS, The Ritual is a goldmine. But, I kinda figure you saw that already.
    Also, weirdly, the CP600 setup has 27 (vhat?) points in The Ritual, whereas the CP300 and CP810 ones have zero. So...was that a mistake? Is there a reason? Concerned citizens in the CP600 range like myself want to know. I could ask him, but I'd rather not badger people who take time to create all this stuff about every little thing.

Yeah, I've run across that on a couple Alcast builds, and never bothered asking him what's going on.

I kinda suspect he plots out the 300, 600, and 810 completely separately, wiping it each time. I'm assuming he's actually calculating around jump points at each threshold (which an actual player at those thresholds wouldn't worry about, because they're still earning CP), resulting in some weird things where stars occasionally drop as the pools go up.

If I was following one of his builds, I'd aim for the 810, try to keep the stars in rough parity, and not really worry about the lower tiers.
    As much as I hate watching videos for builds, which I feel are far better expressed written because they're not necessarily a thing you want to look at linearly, I do it anyway because often you get more explanations about that sort of thing. Xynode is particularly good about this, e.g. "You could use X here, but I didn't because Y, and I'm using Z because A B and C".

And again, that was one tiny example. I have at least one question like that about everything I've ever seen, and the thought of posting about them all..for all 10 of my characters...makes me want to log out and play The 13th Doll. Especially since the information is probably available...somewhere.

Yeah, I can't blame you on the video front. When it comes to trying to sort out a build, you can use these boards. It's not always the most reliable place, but there are some people who know what they're doing.

Also, for what it's worth, I don't disagree with you about the availability of information. ESO does a poor job of communicating some critical information to the player. Then, some end up assuming that since it wasn't presented to them it doesn't exist. It's kinda a mess. Nothing we can do about it except try to explain what we know, but I do feel you there.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you don't even use the build you're defending. Do you use any of Xynode's builds?

It's been a minute. I was never really a fan of PvE mag DPS, but I found that I did really enjoy PetSorcs in PvP. Since I already have 5 sorcs, I've never really felt the need to respec a different one into PvE. Fortunately, my memory is pretty good most of the time.

Since then, I have run with a lot of Easy Sorcs, and a lot of people running Xy's builds in general. They perform very well.

If you want to get into a slapfight over accomplishments, you can take it up with his PS4EU guild, I'm mostly here defending the practice of actually testing your builds, rather than just saying, "well the maths say," and leaving everyone else to swing.
    Options
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd go with between "extremely unlikely" and "impossible". It is possible to get Godslayer and other trinities with an all magicka group, but you would need to be 1) optimized and 2) possess very high DPS and mechanical knowledge.

I would be willing to bet, based on the theoretical and tested DPS ceiling of the build, that you would not be able to get Godslayer with Easy Mode sorcs. The damage is just not there.

Though I would be interested in seeing how many Flame Atros you'd get on Yolnahkriin and how many Frost Atros you'd get on Lokkestiiz this way.
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd go with between "extremely unlikely" and "impossible". It is possible to get Godslayer and other trinities with an all magicka group, but you would need to be 1) optimized and 2) possess very high DPS and mechanical knowledge.

I would be willing to bet, based on the theoretical and tested DPS ceiling of the build, that you would not be able to get Godslayer with Easy Mode sorcs. The damage is just not there.

Though I would be interested in seeing how many Flame Atros you'd get on Yolnahkriin and how many Frost Atros you'd get on Lokkestiiz this way.

But surely stacking that much IA uptime has to count for something?! This build can do ALL end game content, ALL!!!!!!
    Options
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But surely stacking that much IA uptime has to count for something?! This build can do ALL end game content, ALL!!!!!!

Not gonna lie, if it wasn't a huge PITA to farm for UI, I'd probably try to get a group together to run through vSS HM on Easy Mode sorc builds. And then have those same people run their typical DPS builds and compare the logs.

The problem is 1) nobody wants to raid on the PTS and 2) nobody in my immediate circles that would be considered top-tier DPS wants to farm UI for a single maybe 10 minute long video.

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Youtube - Twitch
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I realize this may be new information for you, but any source of lightning generates minor vulnerability. This means any group of players using lightning staves will be proccing that near constantly.
    Options
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I realize this may be new information for you, but any source of lightning generates minor vulnerability. This means any group of players using lightning staves will be proccing that near constantly.

You don't need a lot of lightning staves for that, a warden can do 100% single target minor vul solo. two necros 100% aoe minor vul.
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heelie wrote: »

You don't need a lot of lightning staves for that, a warden can do 100% single target minor vul solo. two necros 100% aoe minor vul.

Exactly. That is the, "IA Uptime," they're talking about losing out on. It's, surprisingly, one of the least important damage considerations in the build.

It is kinda funny, because when you see people who've never seen the build in action, they do tend to focus on entirely the wrong things about what makes it work.
    Options
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty much this. Why bother with a chance to proc Minor vuln with elemental damage when you can proc it 100% with one GCD.
    Options
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. That is the, "IA Uptime," they're talking about losing out on. It's, surprisingly, one of the least important damage considerations in the build.

It is kinda funny, because when you see people who've never seen the build in action, they do tend to focus on entirely the wrong things about what makes it work.

Because if you don't account for the 8% IA brings. It's so little dps that it's beaten by Julianus before we even reach the low twenties.
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »

Pretty much this. Why bother with a chance to proc Minor vuln with elemental damage when you can proc it 100% with one GCD.

At which point, why obsess over that, when the meat and potatoes is the baked in damage increase for heavy attacks from IA and UI?

I mean, I do get why, the goal is to trash it. It's almost as irrelevant as looking at the set and saying, "but I don't like the art for some of the abilities."
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because if you don't account for the 8% IA brings. It's so little dps that it's beaten by Julianus before we even reach the low twenties.

Given that wall of Elements on a properly tuned Easy Sorc should be critting for more than 20k, and that the heavy attacks will crit for more than that... it sounds like you might have more profound issues if you're having a hard time getting the build to perform for you.
    Edited by starkerealm on November 15, 2019 4:07AM
    Options
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wow, sarcasm does not work well in written form.

'_'

Did you really think I was serious?

https://images.app.goo.gl/gEnzMD4jrPAHZ9kh6
    Edited by pod88kk on November 15, 2019 4:46AM
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, sarcasm does not work well in written form.

'_'

Did you really think I was serious?

It's almost like sarcasm does not work well in written form.
    Options
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cannot believe people are still bumping their bums about this build.

It works. It is capable of very high DPS. It is simple to use.

Get over it. Move on.
    Options
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I cannot believe people are still bumping their bums about this build.

It works. It is capable of very high DPS. It is simple to use.

Get over it. Move on.

It just doesn’t sit right with some people that it works.

I wrote this quite some time ago to see for myself because I needed an easy to handle build at the time and this fit the bill.

I can’t say I’m surprised as it is True, Tried and Tested build that was presented. I tried giving an objective review and got pooped all over.

The elite community shuns it for they own reasons, but casual recognize the power of simple play style.

In a game where you can be as bad you want to be; and many things that look like they should work great, but don’t. You get to a point where you’re willing to try anything. But it has to fit “you”

I think that many people don’t have the “Skill” ( if it safe to call it that) to make a higher DPS capable build work even half decently. And this is somehow being glossed over with grave disregard.
    Options
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Given that wall of Elements on a properly tuned Easy Sorc should be critting for more than 20k, and that the heavy attacks will crit for more than that... it sounds like you might have more profound issues if you're having a hard time getting the build to perform for you.

IA literally adds 903 damage to the very last tick of your heavy attack. Now being generous to the easy sorc rotation you will have 3 ticks of 903 damage per 8 seconds. that's about 338 dps. So if we do not account for the 8% damage that IA gives to your group. 299 spell damage will beat out 338 dps before 20k dps in total. The heavy attack damage you see criting for 20k is mostly your effective spell damage. It has very little to do with your proc sets.

EDIT the crit from the IA 5th pieces is equal to about 129 spell damage. but that does not change the fact that the proc damage from IA is insanely low.
    Edited by Heelie on November 15, 2019 10:34PM
    Options
  • Katlefiya
    Katlefiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when does "a build can do all end game content" equal stacking eight chars of that build in one raid group?
    Options
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katlefiya wrote: »
    Since when does "a build can do all end game content" equal stacking eight chars of that build in one raid group?

Since Elsewyer launched. I suppose you could argue Nightblade stacking before that right?

I do think its funny people bring up Godslayer. How many people exactly have that? Does that mean that 99.9% of players aren't even in endgame?

Also bumping because I have never seen a build garner so much twisted knickers in my life and it's the best thing on the forums right now.
    Edited by karekiz on November 15, 2019 5:17PM
    Options
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

IA literally adds 903 damage to the very last tick of your heavy attack. Now being generous to the easy sorc rotation you will have 3 ticks of 903 damage per 8 seconds. that's about 338 dps. So if we do not account for the 8% damage that IA gives to your group. 299 spell damage will beat out 338 dps before even if you're doing less than 20k dps in total. The heavy attack damage you see criting for 20k is mostly your effective spell damage. It has very little to do with your proc sets.

EDIT the crit from the IA 5th pieces is equal to about 129 spell damage. but that does not change the fact that the proc damage from IA is insanely low.

Just confiring that the math checks out. Generally speaking, flat increases to damage are not as strong as increases to crit chance or spell damage from a percentage DPS increase.

Not to mention a 20k crit tick on a HA isn't all that significant. Your average LA hit is going to be hitting for 18k to 19k.

Youtube - Twitch
    Options
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    I respect all the posters on this thread, however, it would be helpful if those of you who question the effective performance of this particular build and its comparison to other "meta" builds post some bona fide parses showing Combat Metrics.

I'm not good at doing parses, but I know many here are highly competent and post parses regularly many builds.

That would be more germaine to this discussion, imo. Thank you for consideration. :)
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
    Options
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    keto3000 wrote: »
    I respect all the posters on this thread, however, it would be helpful if those of you who question the effective performance of this particular build and its comparison to other "meta" builds post some bona fide parses showing Combat Metrics.

I'm not good at doing parses, but I know many here are highly competent and post parses regularly many builds.

That would be more germaine to this discussion, imo. Thank you for consideration. :)

There were parses done back when Elsweyr was first released.

Youtube - Twitch
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Might want to check Xy's parses. He actually understands how to run the build, and isn't letting UI drop off to "prove" a point. This is, at least, the third time you've presented a parse of one of Xy's builds that clearly didn't follow the build's mechanics so you could say, "see, it's garbage."
    Options
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Might want to check Xy's parses. He actually understands how to run the build, and isn't letting UI drop off to "prove" a point. This is, at least, the third time you've presented a parse of one of Xy's builds that clearly didn't follow the build's mechanics so you could say, "see, it's garbage."
    Xynode's Easy Sorc (directly pulled rotation, gear, and CP from his website)

But ok, I guess you think that a build literally called "Easy Sorc" is sooooooo difficult for an end-game player to do correctly. Ironic that you're making that claim no?

I already have a litany of videos scheduled to make to clear up common misconceptions on end-game PvE in ESO though, so what's one more on top of that?

Youtube - Twitch
    Options
This discussion has been closed.