The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Unable to download manifest, please try again later

Feien
Feien
Hello,

I'm trying to log into the game for the first time. I'm getting the following message: "Unable to download manifest, please try again later". Am I missing anything?
  • Rabdalas
    Rabdalas
    I used the original installer to install the orignal patcher/launcher files. It then started downloading updates correctly. Game is patching atm...

Gr,
    Rab
    Edited by Rabdalas on March 30, 2014 11:59AM
  • BeastBubba
    I have been getting that same error: Error 210: Cannot Download Manifest.

I have the 5 day early access and have completely uninstalled the game client and reinstalled it twice. Still getting the same error.

Does anyone know affix for this? Yes I tried clicking the repair button, that just gives me the same 210 error....
  • Moobs
    Moobs
    ✭✭✭
    Had this error after copying the game from my laptop to my new PC. To fix it, I re-installed the client while leaving the game files where they were. Fixed the issue without having to download everything again.
  • BeastBubba
    I only have the one computer. I just tried reinstalling it w/o uninstalling, that didn't do anything....

I'm a trucker and this is really disappointing as I seriously doubt I will even be able to attempt to play again until next weekend if I can't get this fixed today...
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi there,

The Patch Manifest error (Error 209 and 210) occured when a old beta client has not been updated recently to the official client. The result is that the typical smaller patch to move from one version to the next will not work.

As Moobs states, you should first try and repair the game client. You can do so by following the below process.

Repair the Client
    • Highlight the client that needs to be repaired on the left by clicking on it
    • Click on "Game Options" (near the center of the launcher)
    • From the "Game Options" drop-down, select "Repair"
    • Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game
    • If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files

Should the repair not work, you'll need to reinstall the client.

The following steps to uninstall and reinstall the ESO client will resolve the errors and allow a player to play the game.

Uninstall the Client
    • From the launcher, select the client
    • Click "Game Options" (near the center of the launcher)
    • From the "Game Options" drop-down, select "Uninstall"
    • IMPORTANT: Players should not uninstall the client through their computer's Control Panel
    • Click "Apply"

Install the Client

• From the launcher, select the client
    • Click "Install"

We appreciate your time and patience with this issue.
    See you soon in Tamriel!
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on March 30, 2014 4:49PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • BeastBubba
    Yes I did all that, multiple times now. Still getting the same error! An beta is over, how could this be a Beta issue? I'm trying to play my early access.
  • BeastBubba
    For details: I'm on a PC (not mac) trying to install and play on North American server.
  • arakwar
    arakwar
    Soul Shriven
    I downloaded the game yesterday. Like installing the beta client and downloading it. And you tell me this is an outdated client ? Wow. Way to got Bethesda :)

And since in Canada we have limited bandwith I won't be able to play that game for two weeks. Yes, I'm mad about you guys unable to update the client we load from your website a day before the early access.

Oh and by the way the "new" client sucks. It lags a lot, always go blank for not responding, is really a pain to try to works with. Never had any problem for all the beta.

EDIT : I am still working on that case so if a friend needs help I can help him. And guess what ? The uninstall don't work. I cliked it like 10 times now. It tells me that it's done, but I never the the "install" option. Rebotted twice.

So my actual advice is to not play the game.
    Edited by arakwar on March 30, 2014 2:47PM
  • vruth88b14_ESO
    I am also receiving this error and have done everything the support page says from repairing to uninstalling. It still gives me the same error. I completely uninstalled it and tried to reinstall. The launcher was created, but it continues to say "Loading..." without doing anything.
  • Firestar1992
    Firestar1992
    ✭✭
    I've been getting Error 102 all day. Unable to load metafile. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game, uninstalling/reinstalling the launcher, repairing in the launcher, running launcher as administrator, checking for compatibility with my computer, and restarting my computer. So far, nothing. Sooooo...ZOS, this one is on you. I've done everything I can think of to fix it.
  • BeastBubba
    Canada has a limited bandwidth?

uninstall works fine for me... However the only thing I can install is the Launcher... I can not get the launcher to download the game.
  • ZOS_LenaicR
    ZOS_LenaicR
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Patch Manifest error is usually the result of a corrupt or otherwise invalid manifest file for the launcher. This can be fixed by deleting the manifest file manually which will force the launcher to re-generate the manifest.
    You can follow the steps below to locate and delete this file:

→ First, enable the Show Hidden Files and Folders option. This can be done by opening Control Panel and going to Appearance and Personalization. From there, go to Folder Options and click on the View tab. Under Advanced Settings, check the Show hidden files and folders checkbox and click Apply then OK.

→ Then, navigate to the C:\ drive and open the ProgramData folder. There should be a folder named ZeniMax Online Studios. Open the folder and verify that it has a file that contains the word "manifest" along with a series of numbers and letters. Then, players should go back to ProgramData and delete the entire Zenimax Online folder and then restart the launcher.

→ The launcher should now display "Creating Download." This is normal as the launcher begins the regeneration process. It can take anywhere between 21-30% before the launcher switches to "Downloading game files".

If this still does not resolve the issue or there is no Zenimax Online folder to delete, let we know and we will gather more information about this problem.

Thanks for your patience.
    Edited by ZOS_LenaicR on March 30, 2014 4:15PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | Base de connaissance ESO

Staff Post
  • BeastBubba
    I went to the Program Data folder, it did not have a folder named Zenimax, however it did have a Elder Scrolls Online folder. It did not have a file name manifest in it. I still deleted the entire folder then uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher. Still getting the 210 error.

And now there is no folder for Elder Scrolls nor Zenimax in Program Data.
  • ConmanP15
    ConmanP15
    Yeah I'm not seeing the Zenimax Online folder in my program data file, and I'm still getting this issue
  • ConmanP15
    ConmanP15
    I've tried everything and, I even have version 1.0.0.953227
  • arakwar
    arakwar
    Soul Shriven
    Here's a trick people : always remember tu start the launcher with Admin rights. I had to do it with the latest trick given by LenaicR and now it works, without having to redowload all the game.
  • ConmanP15
    ConmanP15
    Yeah that doesn't work either, I've seriously tried everything I can possibly think of short of going into the registry
  • ConmanP15
    ConmanP15
    even when i try to reinstall the game, it won't even let me install the game. Good thing I backup everything I've already downloaded
  • BeastBubba
    Starting with admin rights has no effect on the issue.
  • arakwar
    arakwar
    Soul Shriven
    BeastBubba wrote: »
    Starting with admin rights has no effect on the issue.

Well it did for me. So people should try it. I started with admin right, deleted the manifest files, clicked repair, then it worked. Without admin right the repair option was doing nothing. With admin right it scanned the files for errors. Whici is what you are looking to trigger.

• ConmanP15
    ConmanP15
    My repair option isn't doing anything, even with admin rights
    Actually when I deleted everything even remotely related to ESO off my computer and tried to reinstall the launcher and game, I got the 102 error before it even installed the base game files, good thing I have backups
  • retribution88
    We're running 3 pcs with elder scrolls at my place... 2 of which had the error 210...

This is what fixed the problem for us...... but we disconnected the power source to both our modem and router for 30 seconds.... reconnected and the error went away.....
  • caelumpanache
    caelumpanache
    ✭✭
    can't find the manifest file to delete, reset the router, attempted to repair, uninstalled, still getting the manifest error and it won't reinstall.
  • caelumpanache
    caelumpanache
    ✭✭
    uninstalled the launcher, reinstalled the launcher and now it just sits there loading. :(
  • xloud
    xloud
    Is Bethesda refunding or crediting lost time caused by download errors?
  • BoostHungry
    BoostHungry
    Soul Shriven
    Just FYI, restarting my router and switching to my router's other frequency band fixed it for me. I never tried uninstalling but the other suggestions in this thread didn't work.

I would recommend restarting your router, and connecting to a different source, maybe try to use a hot spot from your phone or something to really give this option a good shot.
  • caelumpanache
    caelumpanache
    ✭✭
    Finally got things to work. In the end it was a combination of problems stemming from the fact that my isp was glitching and then I started troubleshooting everything on my end. Once my isp was back up and I fixed some of the things I had tried everything seems to run normally.
    I do still get the unknown error occasionally though.
  • SCV_1993
    SCV_1993
    What the hell is wrong with this launcher i can't download 28 GBs ever *** day every single day i try to play it says unable to patch manifest try again later .....
    i didn't pay for this to watch download the game all time ....
    Edited by SCV_1993 on April 3, 2014 8:55PM
  • shyzno
    shyzno
    Here's how i fixed mine:
    go to C:/Program Files/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Onlne/game/client
    run eso.exe as admin.
    Skips the launcher and starts the game.
  • EricTheRed
    Here was my fix. After running the diagnostics I found the trace route didnt leave my ISP router; my routers gateway. I guessed that my ISP DNS Servers were not updating to teh akami.net that ESO used. I changed my DNS on my computer to 8.8.8.8 and Bam, I got in.