The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Unable to download manifest, please try again later

• SuperCahouete
    To prevent this error, install the game in C:\Zenimax Online\ instead of C:\Program Files\Zenimax Online. Windows UAC is causing issues, all my problems with the launcher have been solved with this "trick"
    Options
  • jla231445
    jla231445
    I get the same message. AND THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS OCCURRED. My last solution was to uninstall via Game Options, Reboot my computer, then use the Client to install again. It took several hours to Install again.

I'm now running through the same process after last nights NA Megaserver downtime 11:47pm 4/12/2014.
    Options
  • drowned.thought_ESO
    arakwar wrote: »
    BeastBubba wrote: »
    Starting with admin rights has no effect on the issue.

Well it did for me. So people should try it. I started with admin right, deleted the manifest files, clicked repair, then it worked. Without admin right the repair option was doing nothing. With admin right it scanned the files for errors. Whici is what you are looking to trigger.

OMG IT WORKED!!!
    So this is exactly what I did, closed launcher, opened with admin, hit repair.

The error is occurring with Elder Scrolls Online's registration with windows.
    Basically the files ESO is looking for, or looking to access, is being denied by windows because it doesn't have full admin rights.

Options
  • Ufra
    Ufra
    ✭✭

OMG IT WORKED!!!
    So this is exactly what I did, closed launcher, opened with admin, hit repair.

The error is occurring with Elder Scrolls Online's registration with windows.
    Basically the files ESO is looking for, or looking to access, is being denied by windows because it doesn't have full admin rights.

So for me it was almost the same. I saw some other posts discussing UAC (Windows User Account Control). I dragged the slider from the top-most setting (Always notify me when) to (Never notify me when) and it worked!.
    Edited by Ufra on April 19, 2014 3:07AM
    Options
  • Lord_Ashar
    Lord_Ashar
    Soul Shriven
    Got this issue since trying to update a day ago. After launching the launcher get the error message and then the game seems to update, at which time the error pops back up again, and the repair function doesn't seem to work. Tried all of the above and nothing has worked. 2nd reinstall coming along. At 52c(USD)/GB here in Fiji this is becoming a bit of an expensive exercise.

Is there any information I can provide to the admin to try and track down/verify where the issue might be arising?

After trying and failing to fix the issue through the solutions mentioned in this column and elsewhere I clicked the "Verify integrity of game cache" in Steam and it said 174 (I think) files weren't right (and then started to reinstall), which I gather means they were corrupted. Is that right?

Any ideas/suggestions?
    Edited by Lord_Ashar on September 25, 2014 11:55PM
    Options
  • Lord_Ashar
    Lord_Ashar
    Soul Shriven
    Update: After a couple of back and forths with support staff (including a third reinstall), I was eventually given the link to the manifest file to download. At first this did nothing, but after restarting the client a few times it eventually came good. It was still a very expensive endeavour.
    Edited by Lord_Ashar on September 30, 2014 10:57AM
    Options
  • Zuldaris
    Zuldaris
    Soul Shriven
    Over 4 years later and I'm having this issue tonight. Messing with my internet connection, and deleting a folder I found for ESO seems to have fixed it, but now I have to download the entire game. Quite rediculous, really.
    Options