Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

What's the Point in TV Stones Now?

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised at some of these comments. Don't any of you guys ever need 100's of Ancestor Silk for VR16 light armor? Have you seen how expensive it is? While it's possible now to farm Rubedo leather in a hurry in Wrothgar, the other mats are still acquired fastest by farming TV stones.

Maybe not everyone is as hungry for mats as I am, but I tear down and rebuild my gear all the time. Send me your TV stones if you don't want 'em!

I picked up 50 from Cyrodiil last night while pvping, in wrothgar I got 20 doing dailies, not even hunting for them.

6000 stones vs 35 nodes... ill go with the nodes
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And while Itades and Repora's do drop, they don't drop all that often. Also, with the current Node Scaling, unless you maxed out Enchanting, your not going to see top end Runes.

You also can only get certain style materials with TV Stones (yes, you can decon and get some, but that is unreliable)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The point? Swag
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm literally balls deep in red mats after 2 days. I kid you not my bank is full with 5 stacks of each and my inventory cannot take any more. Silk is far easier than leather still and quicker as no fighting to do. Rubedite....well I've got for once got more temp alloys than any other gold temp for the first time 67 to be exact in 2 days. Swimming in them. Might actually craft a selection of swords to carry on me for when the mood strikes. None of these thing are even selling now.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm literally balls deep in red mats after 2 days. I kid you not my bank is full with 5 stacks of each and my inventory cannot take any more. Silk is far easier than leather still and quicker as no fighting to do. Rubedite....well I've got for once got more temp alloys than any other gold temp for the first time 67 to be exact in 2 days. Swimming in them. Might actually craft a selection of swords to carry on me for when the mood strikes. None of these thing are even selling now.

Am I reading correctly? You have 67 gold tempers? The RnG gods must favour you. I don't think I'm getting more than 1 for every 100 pieces of ore.

Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Preyfar wrote: »
    Aside from the polymorphs, there's zero point to TV stones except if you're after those sets. None of the IC sets are particularly great. The only sets you could consider desirable are Shield Breaker or Phoenix, and even then there are better sets out there. The *ONLY* way I'd even consider those sets is if they had jewelry/weapons added to them. If they did, the utility of a lot of those sets WOULD be quite good.

Powerful Assault would instantly become an in-demand set, and a lot of other sets would gain a lot of utility. But as it is, I can't find any reason to even visit IC unless you're after the vaults. And since the end game still pretty much forces you into Agility or Willpower builds... getting TV is sort of just an added bonus, not something really

ZOS could also up the value of the stones by adding in resource kits to the general vendor. Perhaps like 4-5K, and they have a chance to drop multiple crafting resources, potentially even some gold upgrade mats. Some incentive to actually get people to want to go to IC.
    They won't do this because people have to Much Tel Var saved up and they will be Able to buy things right away.Since saving in this game is bad.

Hashtag @Wrobel broken Logic.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TV stones always seemed useless to me, none of the sets interest me, none of the mats seemed worth buying considering how hard the stones were to obtain.

It's just they are even more useless now is all.

I sincerely hope they add something that makes them worthwhile before they suffer the "AP treatment" by that I mean the whole shenanigans regarding how they didn't want us to have anything to spend our AP on because we had too much AP because there was nothing worthwhile to spend AP on.

That there is some warped, twisted, bulls*** logic.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    And while Itades and Repora's do drop, they don't drop all that often. Also, with the current Node Scaling, unless you maxed out Enchanting, your not going to see top end Runes.

You also can only get certain style materials with TV Stones (yes, you can decon and get some, but that is unreliable)
    That said, Truly Superb glyphs drop like candy now. I get tons of Repora and Itade just deconning them. I get 20-30 a night, and that ends up being about 4 or 5 Repora just through regular play without the need to grind in IC. Again, that defeats the purpose of TV stones.
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised at some of these comments. Don't any of you guys ever need 100's of Ancestor Silk for VR16 light armor? Have you seen how expensive it is? While it's possible now to farm Rubedo leather in a hurry in Wrothgar, the other mats are still acquired fastest by farming TV stones.

Maybe not everyone is as hungry for mats as I am, but I tear down and rebuild my gear all the time. Send me your TV stones if you don't want 'em!
    At the moment I'm sitting on 8-10 full stacks of each max-level crafting mat (so depending on the mat about 1600 to about 2000). None of that is from TV stones - it's all from hirelings (8 hirelings for each of blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking bringing me max-level mats every day) and harvesting nodes in Hew's Bane and Wrothgar, and a small amount of it is from deconning gear, until I started to notice how quickly I was accumulating raw mats and decided to just start selling my non-set dropped gear instead.

Of course, that's not really a surplus, as each of my VR16 characters has 3 different VR16 gear sets (with some overlap in pieces - they've each got a tank set, a DPS set, and a healer set), and my other 6 characters on this account will each need a minimum of 2 VR16 gear sets (at a minimum each will have a DPS set and a tank set, and some will also have either a stealth set or a healer set, depending on the character). I'm stockpiling for when I need to make all of those sets of gear.

Bottom line, though, I see no reason for me to farm TV stones except for the lockboxes that can give me polymorphs. That's the only thing I'm currently using TV stones for.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • SmalltalkJava
    SmalltalkJava
    ✭✭✭
    As of last night 39 large telvar boxes and no polymorph.
  • Greiver
    Greiver
    ✭✭✭
    So I gathered several Rejera and v16 mats and v16 glyphs last night... Made me Wonder...

WTF is the point in TV stones now? I can't buy jewelry sets with it. The three armors are not BiS nor valuable.

But seriously no need for any enchantment pieces (as gathering is far better now), no need for mats, no jewelry and bad armor.

Wtf am I suppose to do with all these stones?

Buy mats and sell them. Especially now with everyone racing to make some of the new sets.
    Ps4 Na Daggerfall
    Elders of Daggerfall
    High Elf Sorc
    Catshit Nightblade
    Imperial Templar
    Dark elf Dk
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For dem dragon scales duh.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish they'd make Hakeijo runes buyable. A new use for TV stones right there.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skayaq wrote: »
    I'm using mine on the style materials for the alliance styles.

You must be swimming in gold.
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • ZOS_MSchroeder
    ZOS_MSchroeder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks! We hear the concerns about Tel Var stones, and with the next major update, we’ll be bringing in some new things for you to spend your Tel Var stones on, for a variety of price levels. We’ll go into more details about exactly what new things the vendors will be selling when we’re closer to releasing that Update, but…
    "Pandorii wrote: »
    I hope they make it possible to buy Hakeijos with tel var stones someday.

;)
    Michael Schroeder
    Senior Systems Designer - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Staff Post
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hope that Hakeijo never buyable via tel var stones.
    PC EU

• Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »

+1
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why would you NOT want to buy them for Tel Vars?

They're a total pain to farm for...

Also given the green post above you I'd say that you're probably out of luck! ;)
    Edited by Flaminir on March 25, 2016 10:28PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    MSchroeder wrote: »
    Hey folks! We hear the concerns about Tel Var stones, and with the next major update, we’ll be bringing in some new things for you to spend your Tel Var stones on, for a variety of price levels. We’ll go into more details about exactly what new things the vendors will be selling when we’re closer to releasing that Update, but…

;)

Great news. Hope this is coming with others improvements to IC, like some reason to even PvP there.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MSchroeder wrote: »

;)
    AWESOME! Seriously, please consider jewelry from the IC sets. It would really make a lot of the sets have increased utility and go a LONG way to making the gear worthwhile. I know ZOS has a lot of concerns about balance and jewelry, but... at least consider it. =D And by consider it I mean "say yes to the dress".
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe you can buy styles and style material for he new motifs and you still have access to the easiest way for v16 mats.

You just won't get the price you did before.

im seriously happy they fixed the repora situation l, I hate IC if you like it cool. No absolutely hated having to go there to make new gear or pay the inflated gold prices for those selling them.

I am personally ecstatic I can find a repora in Wrothgar on my maxed out enchanter.
  • FrostFallFox
    FrostFallFox
    ✭✭✭✭
    I mean, if you want, you can buy me a Vet 16 Phoenix set all divines if you want ;)
    \(^-,,-^)/
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Atm IC is the only pvp location you can go to that isnt superzergy or laggy,

PC EU
    PvP only
  • reguvin
    reguvin
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be Epic if there was a chance to get RARE items from Tel Var Boxes like Motifs, Legendary Weapons, Kutas and Armor Pieces.
    - Beta Tester
    - PC (2014-2015)
    - Playstation 4 (Since 2015)

- Known for Trading & Guilds
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MSchroeder Some new ultra-secret runes items being made available for Tel Var Stones is a really cool thing to see! Thanks for this!

Since Imperial City is now considered an "older" DLC, maybe it's time for a slight increase in Xivkyn Polymorph droprates as well? :#

(I've been cursed with some... aweful luck)
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »

why really? they are a real pain to get by atm.....
    gives TV a bit of use
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive spent the last week or so purely in the IC sewers and havent seen a single trove-scamp, so getting these through telvar purchase is a welcome change imo.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or maybe legendary tempers for like 5 or 10k telvar?
    and no this wont decrease their value as they are now. on xbox EU deugh wax goes for ~6k and tempering alloy 11K and you could buy 200 ruberite leathers for 10k tv -> 30 k (easily) so would be nice :)
    let me hear your thought about it.
  • Chres
    Chres
    ✭✭
    @MSchroeder

Please, increase the chance to get the IC Polymorphs... I´ve been farming them for 3 month and only got 1 polymorph... spent like 700.000 TS...
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I actually enjoy using my Powerful Assault set for PvE content (I sure don't hear people complaining when I go into a Dungeon with it.) Yeah my damage suffers a little for it but I think the extra group damage is well worth the sacrifice to my numbers. Now, if only I could get Hircine jewelry and weapons to drop from MoL so I can also buff the group's stamina regen ;)
    Argonian forever