Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Vet Rank 18

Rayste
Rayste
✭✭✭
I have seen a few threads discussing whether or not this will be coming with next DLC. Is this something that is being implemented or is 16 the last increase we will see before removal of vet ranks?
The Teach - AD Templar
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as I know, ZOS has not commented on another increase of veteran ranks. There was, however, an achievement in Orsinium on the PTS which required you to translate the Veteran Rank 17 and 18 Potency Runes, but it was removed. I think it was in the patch notes. Let me see if I can find it...

Edit: It was in the 2.2.1 Patch Notes.
    Exploration & Itemization
    Achievements
    • Removed a placeholder achievement for Enchanting that incorrectly referred to VR17 and VR18.
    Edited by Faunter on November 17, 2015 10:14PM
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    They already wanted to release v18 with orsinium, but did not bc of too much QQ. It will come 100% with the next DLC.

But remember, they will remove Vet ranks eventually at some point ;)
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• DanielWinterborn
    DanielWinterborn
    ✭✭✭
    Please for the love of all that is good and nice and sexy add more Vet levels! I want to reach Vet50 one day...take that noobs :hushed:
  • zornyan
    zornyan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos stated no more vet ranks are planned, and that their main focus is removing them, they have said next year, but that's it, they are sticking more to their time schedules now and I tend to listen to them, rather than what some random person on Wikipedia has shown.

The orsinium BUG was just that, a bug that had emerged, from possible a year or so ago PTS as a place saver, before vet ranks were even being talked about.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if they increased the ranks again. With all the QQ going on when v16 was announced, along with the insane jump in materials needed for v16 gear, i'm hoping ZOS stick to their word and don't increase ANY more.
  • Diozaels
    Diozaels
    ✭✭
    The problem isn't vet ranks, it's the boring grind to the max rank. Going through the main story of each faction should theoritically make your character lvl 150 if they went with levels instead of VR. I still wish Coldharbor was a bigger zone/ expansion within itself.

I would personally like if leveling through straight pvp would be more feesible, but without battlegrounds cyrodiil just ends up being one big horse riding simulator.

Just can't win =/
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    V18 coming with next dlc. You'll need 550 mats to craft 1 gear and you only get 1 mat from decon epic v18 item which drop once out of every 500 dungeon runs
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They can just up the CP cap. They need to watch the power creep before it gets out of control.
  • Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A possible increase to 18 was mentioned in an ESO live at one point, but it wasn't confirmed for any specific date.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet rank removal has been planned for after Orsinium. I would expect that the removal of all vet ranks will coincide with the release of the thieves guild DLC.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well there used to be post of the removal of the vet system with orsinium so i will just patiently wait
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm over 100% sure that VR18 will not be coming with the Thieves Guild DLC, there are many people out there who just got their vr16 gear with the launch of Orsinium. The real question is what new crafted sets are coming with the next DLC, i hope there is a new set oriented for healers we haven't got one in for ever and i like to choose my style (go fashion)
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    They already wanted to release v18 with orsinium, but did not bc of too much QQ. It will come 100% with the next DLC.

I'm a bit worried that will be the case. I wish ZOS would figure out how to extent the game's life with content rather then just a gear grind...
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vet rank removal has been planned for after Orsinium. I would expect that the removal of all vet ranks will coincide with the release of the thieves guild DLC.

I wouldn't bet on it. Last they said was "we're removing veteran ranks later next year".

They shouldn't even remove veteran ranks to begin with. It's just plain stupid.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need Vet ranks to steal all of our gear again and FORCE us to buy the next DLC and grind it back. Of course, it would be easier to just include re-playable content but they would rather we spend our precious gaming time meaninglessly grinding.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who knows how they will deal with all of it?

Yeah, they announced veteran ranks will eventually be removed, and everyone will be level 50... Not sure how they plan on keeping the game on track then, gear-wise, but... we'll just see.

Might be they will add V18 as another interim measure while they are tinkering on a working veteran-rank-less system. I wouldn't mind at all, with the latest XP cost reduction, getting to V16 is easy enough... as long as they give us enough content to take us there, be it as it may.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Judging from your trollish comment there I suppose you would not be upset if what you worked so hard for in IC was immediately trumped due to raising the VR cap? No one QQed about anything, Zenimax merely recognizes the inconvenience of the fact.

As for raising the VR cap, perhaps they can enlighten us on the next live? They may wait a couple DLCs to let things stick around though.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be surprised if they increased the ranks again. With all the QQ going on when v16 was announced, along with the insane jump in materials needed for v16 gear, i'm hoping ZOS stick to their word and don't increase ANY more.

I'd lmao. Not even kidding.
  • AbraXuSeXile
    AbraXuSeXile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more useless VR ranks... It's pointless.

Stop this carrot on a stick nonsense.
    AbraXuS
    Grand Overlord Rank 50 [First EU]
    Clan Leader of eXile
    Gaming Community - Est. 1999
    Crashing an EP Wedding | DK Emp | 1vX | Between Enemy Lines | Hate Video | 5 v Many

• FizzOnly
    FizzOnly
    ✭✭✭
    i bet 20k it will come with new dlc
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Look I'll be honest, I really think Zos will do something like release vr17 & 18. Reduce the exp required again, exactly as they did with Vr16. Wait a patch or 2 maybe drop exp gains for veteran levels a bit more. Then remove the vet system and introduce lvl70 and lower the exp required one last time. After that it will just be tidy up patches to get the rest of the sets to lvl68 and lvl70 depending on the 5-piece bonus ofc. This would also fit the observable approach that zos have to fixing things in general lol.

Redfur members were sponsoring some research by one of our members on exp lvl requirements a little while ago. The research was never 100% completed, but we gathered a huge amount of data and enough to identify some very distinguishable trends in exp required for various levels. A plan like this would very much fit their current leveling setup and if they implement it like this they could do it almost seamlessly without having to somehow force all of the other systems to comply. And it could mostly be done ahead of time with some simple re-writes of rank identifiers for things like spell cost, roll dodge cost and gear level.

How would you feel about them doing this?
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there an official wager going on what Vet Rank we will get to before they "remove" them?

If so, what's the over/under? I'm assuming VR20 at least, right?
  • Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭

I remember them saying in a Podcast (I do believe) that the Vet ranks won't increase again for another year or so, if at all. I have been known to be wrong tho LOL
    Edited by Lavum on November 18, 2015 1:40PM
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • PC0523
    PC0523
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting thread, this makes me wonder...

Should I use my legendary tempers that I've been saving since since level 1, or hold them for the next max level increase?

It's taken me forever to gather these legendary tempers, and I almost have enough to upgrade all my purple gear to gold.
  • Rayste
    Rayste
    ✭✭✭
    Having pondered it some more, I don't think they will up the vet rank again. They didn't do it with orsinium because of the overwhelming negativity surrounding it.

That said, I really don't see the point in wasting tons of resources removing vet ranks. Just reduce the amount of xp it takes for each vet rank to like 100k per level.
    The Teach - AD Templar
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they raise it to VR18 I'll be pissed.

Having to refarm those stupid undaunted sets every time they raise it along with deprecating the majority of your flavor sets and gear is BS. If they do increase it then they better add some way to improve the Vet level of your gear at the same time.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    We're not raising the VR level for Thieves Guild.
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Kelleton
    Kelleton
    ✭✭✭

What about the other content that is coming since that was a very specific statement
    Edited by Kelleton on November 18, 2015 11:08PM
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe after :)
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    Stop trying to find hidden meanings. We're not raising the VR cap.... yeesh. :D
    Edited by ZOS_RichLambert on November 18, 2015 11:12PM
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post