The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Login failed for both EU and NA servers.

• Mirra_Halfelven
    Mirra_Halfelven
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys I found a work around if you cant log in

If you are a NA server player switch over to the EU server & log in to character select , back out switch over to NA & you can log in :)

If you are a EU server player I assume doing the opposite will work...

I'm in game on my PS4 as I post this so it works , no tricks or trolling here
    Mirra Halfelven, Templar Troublemaker
    Daggerfall Covenant - PS4 NA
    PSN: Scooby_609
  • CatacombHeart
    This is [snip] Everyone I know on PSN has managed to get in, and I've been trying to log in since PS timer counted down. :<

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2023 7:22PM
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    XB1 still not working for me, still getting unexpected error, really.

The fact that this is occurring on more then one console means that its very likely an easily repeatable is

If you are a NA server player switch over to the EU server & log in to character select , back out switch over to NA & you can log in :)

I can confirm this. Just got to the intro video for the NA server by doing this. Now Im waiting to see if I can actually get in farther then the Character Creator.

Be back with an update soon.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Arkayoh
    Arkayoh
    Soul Shriven
    What is this about?

lrw3ZIl.jpg

There are no NPCs. I can hear Lyris talk, but I can't see her, and when I hit A, nothing happens. She didn't even appear to bust me out of the jail cell. I can see and hit enemies just fine, but not her.

Is this a server issue, or am I going to have to do a fresh install? XB1 by the way.
    Edited by Arkayoh on June 9, 2015 8:10AM
  • IVoo
    IVoo
    ✭✭✭

I can confirm, that actually worked for me as well.

Thanks for the heads up!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    XB1 still not working for me, still getting unexpected error, really.

The fact that this is occurring on more then one console means that its very likely an easily repeatable is

I can confirm this. Just got to the intro video for the NA server by doing this. Now Im waiting to see if I can actually get in farther then the Character Creator.

Be back with an update soon.

Im now in the Character Creator. So far no disconnects. Will update again when Im actually in game.
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Arkayoh
    Arkayoh
    Soul Shriven
    Okay, Lyris is back after I quit and restarted. You can all stop panicking.
  • Raheem
    Raheem

Worked for me
    Live and die a Redguard
  • Kush_the_ninja
    I literally have 15 friends online on PS4 playing this. I am the only one who isn't logging in. Hm
  • Monitor2112
    'Ok....I'm running into a new problem. I log in, and it asks me to link my accounts. I press existing account, then username and I get a cursor. Nothing I can do to input my usernamr, or password. I just get to stare at the blinking cursor mocking me...8 (
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the NA/EU trick listed above Kush! Seems to be working for people.
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to play on NA but was getting error switched to EU and was able to get in, question will I still be able to make character's on NA?
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone. If you have been experiencing login errors, we ask that you please try to log into the console megaservers again. While we are continuing to work on resolving the issue, we have found that the issue has been fixed for some players at this point. We will continue to work on this until it's resolved for all players, and we'll provide an update when we can. Thank you again for your patience throughout the night.

By the power of @ZOS_JasonLeavey's hair these servers are opened.
    Edited by Curragraigue on June 9, 2015 8:19AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the interaction between three different systems which is probably the issue here - and may be an issue in the future too. At the PC launch it was all ZoS servers. They had full control of all the systems and possibilities. Now you have Sony and MS involved too.

The more third party companies you get involved in anything the more problems you have - I know this well from work. You want an issue resolved now but someone somewhere else does not see it as their biggest priority.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Konzetsuu
    Konzetsuu
    Soul Shriven
    Arkayoh wrote: »
    What is this about?

lrw3ZIl.jpg

There are no NPCs. I can hear Lyris talk, but I can't see her, and when I hit A, nothing happens. She didn't even appear to bust me out of the jail cell. I can see and hit enemies just fine, but not her.

Is this a server issue, or am I going to have to do a fresh install? XB1 by the way.

i've sent heaps of tickets out for this. lots of NPC's disappear
  • Monitor2112
    Its MOCKING me I tell you!!!

Alright...how do you input text for your user name and password??

Somebody, ANYBODY, HELP?
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    highlighting the input area should bring up the in-system keyboard on screen. then type away. :smile:
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hadria wrote: »
    I want to play on NA but was getting error switched to EU and was able to get in, question will I still be able to make character's on NA?

Switch back. NA should work for you.

Crazy that we've found a work around. When is ZOS gonna pick up on this and spread the news?
  • CaineCarver
    CaineCarver
    ✭✭✭
    Since this is happening to the PC users as well this makes it very clear they intend to share resources between all the servers and I have been paying for PLUS membership for months now. DLC is vaporware and yet another botched episode. You can bet if I continue to play they have gotten the last monthly payment from me...this is just [snip]

[edited for profanity bypass]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on December 10, 2023 7:23PM
  • Monitor2112
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    highlighting the input area should bring up the in-system keyboard on screen. then type away. :smile:
    I was afraid that was what I was supposed to do. No in-system keyboard ever appears.
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres definitely some issues, first was I had to sub to PS-plus for 2 days (Free) until I was able to log in, didnt they say we dont need PS-plus to play it. Second, for us PC-transferers Cyrodil Campaings are bugged, I still have my old PC-Campaigns.

Cya until Tomorrow!

I did like it though.. did some Craglorn crafting writs etc and had fun.
    Edited by Sausage on June 9, 2015 8:38AM
  • Augustiine
    Both servers working for me.
  • Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I switched back it didn't work

Scratch that tried it again andit worked
    Edited by Hadria on June 9, 2015 8:49AM
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since this is happening to the PC users as well
    That's very bad news, I've not tried logging in since this latest server launch started, I had fully expect the PC servers to be isolated from the consoles, seems though the huge volume of console players has taken out the authentication servers.

THIS SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED ZOS!

It was 101% predictable there'd be mega problems with floods of console players clogging things, you should have insulated PC players from it!

• Hadria
    Hadria
    ✭✭✭✭
    I logged out andwas able to log in again no problem
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I lost all NPCs (and probably players if there were any) in Daggerfall on the PC EU server just under an hour or so ago. It started to lag as I handed in my crafting writs and then when I headed back up to the main area of the city I realised there was nobody visible.
    Edited by Tandor on June 9, 2015 9:03AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was fine on the PC at about 6.15am this morning (UK time).

If you have a problem perhaps post your platform, location, the server you are using and perhaps also things like what alliance you are in (if you managed to get as far as character creation), if you are starting off fresh or have transferred a character from PC - any information that will help them build up a pattern about those affected.

They may already have identified the problem but also they may still be investigating and need more info to narrow it down.
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • mdhroddie78
    xbox one - Haven't been able to log into the game due to it saying my account has not been verified, which i has due to me taking part in the beta. I have pressed X to resend code but have recieved nothing, been waiting for hours. Can anyone help? is there a way to unlink my gamertag?
  • charisma316
    charisma316
    ✭✭✭
    and laugh HA HA HA

Laugh Again
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I logged in on PC (EU) and had no problems. Did all crafting writs on one char and both dailies on another. No login issues, no particular lag or disappearing NPCs.