The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Inventory issues.....

• Nerio
    Nerio
    ✭✭✭
    Nerio wrote: »
    IThis game already gives you 3-4x more inventory slots than any other MMO does at the start.

No, it doesn't.

In ESO you start with 60 spaces personal inventory, and then 60 in the shared bank.

In LotRO I start with 80 spaces of personal inventory, 100 spaces in my Personal Bank, and then a further 100 spaces in my Shared Account Bank, AND 40 places for cosmetic gear in my Wardrobe.

All The Best

LotRO is perhaps the only MMO I haven't played. The point I was trying to make was that you get more starting inventory space in ESO than you get in most MMOs, yet there is still an inventory problem. More space, like some people are asking for, only provides a temporary bandaid that players will then fill up again. ESO gives you freedom when crafting rather than a hard limit, but that means some people will try to do everything and any inventory issues they have are exacerbated.

• gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    I don't think the problem is inventory. I think the problem is that one of the more popular configurations (1H and Sword with Medium Armor) spreads over Blacksmithing, Clothing, and Woodworking, making people think they have to level all three from the start.

But I'd argue you don't really need to worry about any of them until level VR1. Work on Provisioning first, because it's the only one the game world doesn't want to help you with. If you have to have a second craft, Alchemy or Medium Armor.

Once you get to VR1, you can grind CP while working on one profession per week. Deconstruct, deconstruct, deconstruct.

You never need to work on leveling all six at the same time. I know people love to hoard what they think they'll need later, but after a while your possessions start to own you. Limit your savings to only the things that will give you a massive advantage later, and sell or discard the rest.

I spend one night questing and doing a delve (what was wrong with the word dungeon?)

A delve is a cave or hollow, which more accurately describes the environments.

You can level blacksmith, ww, and clothing without putting points in them (although it might be advisable to at least put a few in the decon passives). Decon everything except jewelry.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did ask, so I can answer that yes, you are playing wrong.

You don't need ANY provisioning ingredients because you can buy everything you need for very, very cheap. If you really want to do provisioning, only keep the ingredients for what you currently need to make. Do you need some random low level ingredient? No, no you don't.

You only need one stack at most of REFINED mats for blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking below your current level. Once you hit VR14, you don't really need any lower level mats. If you need them later on (which is rare), you can buy them for cheap. For raw mats, either refine them or sell them. Do not let them take up space in your bank.

Inventory management is an art. My bank only holds 140 things and my inventory size is 170. If I sell/vendor everything I don't need, my inventory goes to 100/170 which leaves room for 70 drops which is plenty. I have one alt with 90 inventory size just to hold on to random gear, but no mats. I spend maybe 1 minute a day actually managing my inventory. My bank is usually 120/140, and I almost never actually look at what I have or even use most of it.

• gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You did ask, so I can answer that yes, you are playing wrong.

You don't need ANY provisioning ingredients because you can buy everything you need for very, very cheap. If you really want to do provisioning, only keep the ingredients for what you currently need to make. Do you need some random low level ingredient? No, no you don't.

You only need one stack at most of REFINED mats for blacksmithing, clothing, and woodworking below your current level. Once you hit VR14, you don't really need any lower level mats. If you need them later on (which is rare), you can buy them for cheap. For raw mats, either refine them or sell them. Do not let them take up space in your bank.

Inventory management is an art. My bank only holds 140 things and my inventory size is 170. If I sell/vendor everything I don't need, my inventory goes to 100/170 which leaves room for 70 drops which is plenty. I have one alt with 90 inventory size just to hold on to random gear, but no mats. I spend maybe 1 minute a day actually managing my inventory. My bank is usually 120/140, and I almost never actually look at what I have or even use most of it.

We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious.
    Gullum-response.jpg

My ESO addons:
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I'm sure if I spent hours researching on wiki or reddit or my local supermarket I might get a better idea but I have such a limited amount of time I wouldn't mind just a little bit of guidance, and unless I'm a complete idiot (maybe) I've come across nothing in game tha gives me an Incling.

I don't want to be spoon fed content but I've been here on and off for a while and still feel like it's just 'grab everything, mess around, and see what happens'

Maybe I just haven't enough time...... But I do love this game world.

Crafting is a game within the game.

OK, for Equipment Crafting, Blacksmithing, Clothing or Woodworking, you need:
    Refined Mats
    Style Gems
    Trait Gems (optional and you have to have researched the trait first to be able to apply the trait) So, really you can get by with just one Style Gem and one stack of refined mats for your level. You only need Style Gems for the Motifs that you know. Motifs (books you find or buy at kiosks) teach you how to make stuff in different styles.

For Consumable Crafting, it gets a little more involved, but there are ways to cut down how much space you need.

For Provisioning:

Get an addon called Sous Chef. In there is an option that tells you what recipes you know the ingreident your looking at will make. Only pick up the ingredients that you can use. But, as you find recipes you will find more ingredients you can use. So, be careful with that.

For Enchanting
    You need Aspects, Ta's are easiest to get, and you need Potencies, but only for the level you are, and you need Essences for the types of Glyphs you want to make.

For Alchemy, other than Namira's Rot, all the mushrooms are for making negative potions. Since we can't use Negative Potions like as a Posion, then use those mushrooms to grind up the Alchemy skill. Then vendor the potions you make. There are a few flowers and plants that make potions you can use. If you don't know what a reagent does, eat one and you will learn the first effect. Combine any two reagents with the same effect and you will make a potion. Note, these effects do not all need to be the same on the first, it can first on one, second on the other.

If your not sure if you need to keep it or not, then use a character slot or two and roll a mule alt. Put what you think you might want to keep in the bank and log into the Mule once in a while to take it out of the bank and hold it for you. After a while you will learn what is worth keeping and what is not for what you want to make. There are addons that let you see what is on your other characters inventory to help with this. Inventory Insight is one of them.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IThis game already gives you 3-4x more inventory slots than any other MMO does at the start.

No, it doesn't.

In ESO you start with 60 spaces personal inventory, and then 60 in the shared bank.

In LotRO I start with 80 spaces of personal inventory, 100 spaces in my Personal Bank, and then a further 100 spaces in my Shared Account Bank, AND 40 places for cosmetic gear in my Wardrobe.

All The Best

LotRO is perhaps the only MMO I haven't played. The point I was trying to make was that you get more starting inventory space in ESO than you get in most MMOs, yet there is still an inventory problem. More space, like some people are asking for, only provides a temporary bandaid that players will then fill up again. ESO gives you freedom when crafting rather than a hard limit, but that means some people will try to do everything and any inventory issues they have are exacerbated.

Seriously, all of this was hashed over and rehashed over a year ago. Go back and read some of those threads.

For a subscription-based mmo, the default number of inventory slots in ESO is very low. The absolute number of slots in ESO can't be used to compare with other mmos. If ESO only had 10 items in the game, the default number of slots would be plenty. What matters is the number of inventory slots relative to items in the game. Just provisioning alone takes up a huge number of slots.

What makes it even more noticeable is that inventory slots are shared among all charaters. In other mmos, you often get a dedicated number of slots for each character.

Now that the game is b2p, it is a different situation. You expect inventory slots will be limited so that the game can sell additional slots.

Another option is to buy another copy of the game and create bank mules but with the inconvenience of having to mail items between accounts. How much time would be lost to reloading the game between the main and bank mule account, recompiles during loading screens, and installing weekly updates?
    Edited by wrlifeboil on May 14, 2015 9:10PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrlifeboil wrote: »

Another option is to buy another copy of the game and create bank mules but with the inconvenience of having to mail items between accounts. How much time would be lost to reloading the game between the main and bank mule account, recompiles during loading screens, and installing weekly updates?

The cool thing about that is you only would have to have one install. The second game purchase lets you create another account, you just log in to that account from the same game install.

The mailing back and forth is still there, and at 6 (7?) items per mail, that gets annoying.

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL, this thread went ballistic since I posted. See what a can of worms you opened, OP? Too bad the criticisms and suggestions fall on deaf ears. :'(
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »
    LOL, this thread went ballistic since I posted. See what a can of worms you opened, OP? Too bad the criticisms and suggestions fall on deaf ears. :'(

Sprinkled in amongst the Vitriol are some good suggestion on how to deal with what we have to work with.

You can do one of two things in life when something is not working the way you want it to, complain about it or figure out how to work with it.

• wrlifeboil
    wrlifeboil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

The cool thing about that is you only would have to have one install. The second game purchase lets you create another account, you just log in to that account from the same game install.

The mailing back and forth is still there, and at 6 (7?) items per mail, that gets annoying.

True but you wouldn't be able to get and receive items in real time. You would have to login and logout every time you wanted something from the other account. The minutes would add up.

The seconds and minutes add up even switching between toons even within the same account so this (using the same install of ESO) would be much worse.
    Edited by wrlifeboil on May 15, 2015 12:55AM
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inventory issues is why I suggest we be allowed to carry more than our bag size and become over-encumbered. Also why I suggest ZOS sell bags in the Crown Store.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/162693/more-bags-and-encumbrance-crown-store-concepts/p1
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Vedauwoo
    Vedauwoo
    ✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

lol....

I would say, just do it like STO.....Have a personal inventory(expandable), a personal bank(expandable), and a shared account bank(expandable).

Easy....

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't keep any mats from 1-50 at all (maple, ash, jute etc...) If you really need to make something for an alt you can just buy them for cheap. 1-50 is way to easy to even bother with crafting your own gear.

I keep (or kept) crafting mats VR1-3 and VR 9-14 so that I could craft some nice VR1 gear for alts when they hit VR and those lvl VR1 items get them all the way to VR9-14. No need to bother with anything in between.

This will save you tonnes of space.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, it doesn't.

All The Best

To be fair, in LotRO you have to buy a lot of that space with real money though...
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously, all of this was hashed over and rehashed over a year ago. Go back and read some of those threads.

For a subscription-based mmo, the default number of inventory slots in ESO is very low. The absolute number of slots in ESO can't be used to compare with other mmos. If ESO only had 10 items in the game, the default number of slots would be plenty. What matters is the number of inventory slots relative to items in the game. Just provisioning alone takes up a huge number of slots.

What makes it even more noticeable is that inventory slots are shared among all charaters. In other mmos, you often get a dedicated number of slots for each character.

Now that the game is b2p, it is a different situation. You expect inventory slots will be limited so that the game can sell additional slots.

^^That's what I did. Found a good deal online where I could buy Imperial edition for about 10 bucks and jumped on it.

I about half expect for ZOS to remove the ability to mail items between accounts now that the idea has been mentioned publicly.

My ESO addons:
  • psicorpb16_ESO
    psicorpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Nestor, helps alot (your posts always do) , i will buy some motifs I think and have a go,:

As I have limited time guess I will concentrate on a couple of crafts that are relevant to me, I don't really want to use a mule (my vr6 is useless for crafting anyway, never touched it) as I don't have much time , so I guess woodworking and enchanting or provisioning, or maybe clothing, is most relevant to a Sorc summoner.

My only other question I guess is , do I get more crafting experience from actually crafting (I'm only lvl 14 I think) or deconstructing everything and waiting to craft later (bearing in mind I only have 2 hours a day and still actually want to play the game too)

So I do want to level up say 'woodworking' and one other , but is it worth actually making stuff at such a low level? Or should I just gather and deconstruct until later? (Time wise)
  • Cernow
    Cernow
    ✭✭✭✭
    My only other question I guess is , do I get more crafting experience from actually crafting (I'm only lvl 14 I think) or deconstructing everything and waiting to craft later (bearing in mind I only have 2 hours a day and still actually want to play the game too)

So I do want to level up say 'woodworking' and one other , but is it worth actually making stuff at such a low level? Or should I just gather and deconstruct until later? (Time wise)

You will get more crafting experience from deconstructing than from actually making stuff. Odd perhaps, but that's how it is.

I wouldn't worry about making stuff as you level, unless you need the gear of course. Focus on deconstructing everything you find and researching your traits.

Don't hoard the lower level wood / metal / cloth etc, you probably won't have much need of it in the long run. Keep a stack in reserve but sell the rest. DO hoard the other components though - the trait and motif stones and the mats used for item improvement (resins for woodworking etc).

Perhaps most important of all, work on unlocking the traits on each type of item in your chosen craft(s). The research times really start to mount up later, so it's good to get started early. You need 5 or 6 traits unlocked (per item) for some of the better crafting sets and this takes a lot of research time.
  • psicorpb16_ESO
    psicorpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Great ! Thanks alot , exactly what I wanted to know :smile:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Nestor, helps alot (your posts always do) , i will buy some motifs I think and have a go,:

If you need some Blue Motifs, hit me up in the game this evening. I have scads of them, except Nord (and maybe Breton) and I can work out a qty discount with you.

Also, see this for some thoughts on Trait Research
    Nestor wrote: »
    Dwermer wrote: »
    Hi
    Can you tell what traits each item will have before you research it or will it be pot luck what you get?
    What crafting station would I use to research a trait or would any one do ie clothier, bblacksmith etc?
    thanks

Here are some hints to researching Traits.

1. You only need to know 2 to 3 traits to start making some powerful crafted gear. Most of my VR characters use a 3 Trait set. The amount of time to learn a trait doubles for the second one, doubles again for the third etc. So, learn the two traits on each piece you will want to craft first before learning the third traits. Learn the third before learning the 4th. The best crafted sets in the game only require 6 traits, so don't start chasing the 7th and 8th traits until you know the 6th traits in all the things you want to craft.
    2. Unlock the Research Passive (Carpentry I think it is called) to allow for more items to be researched in less time
    3. The most useful traits on armor are Infused, Divines and Impenetrable. Nirn is good, but you need 20,000+ gold to even play on that table (to buy the trait stones). For weapons, Precise and Sharpened are the way to go. Training is good for anything. So concentrate on those traits first and foremost before researching the other ones.
    4. Get the Addon Research Assistant so you don't deconstruct or sell something you need to research.
    5. If you can't get the item you want for research from loot, then buy it in a guild store. Items made to be researched sell between 200 and 500 gold, try to find the cheaper ones. You can even find them less. It does not matter what level the item is, just that it has the traits that you want. Awesome Guild Store addon can help you find specific traited items.
    6. If the item does not have a trait you need, or one your going to soon research, deconstruct it. You get crafting experience to level the craft line and you get trait stones and other things to make stuff with.
    7. Join a Guild like Lone Wolf Help or similar as we run crafting nights where we make traited items for people to research. Even not on the crafting night, we will make something for a guildmate. If you want an invite, email me in game.

• Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

No, it doesn't.

All The Best

To be fair, in LotRO you have to buy a lot of that space with real money though...

Never spent any real money on storage.

I was subbed for a while, and being subbed I earned TP (their equivalent of Crowns) but you can also earn TP in-game by completing deeds (achievements) for example.

Now, I did spend real money on Character Slots, the gold limit unlock, and The Beorning class.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One way to look at changing the Inventory dynamic is to do like WoW does: give you x slots for bags and then you can slot a bag with y inventory spaces in each slot.

Make Bags craftable via the Clothier.

Make Bags crafting tier and level specific., like clothing.

Give us 3 Bag Slots to start with

Tier One: 20 slots.
    Tier Two: 25 slots (equipable at level 20)
    Tier Three: 30 slots (level 30)
    Tier Four: 35 slots (level 40)
    Tier Five: 40 slots (level 50)

Don't add extra tiers into the Vet levels.

So a starting character with three bags, each with 20 slots, has 60 Inventory slots - just like now.

Then add three additional Bag Slots in to the Crown Store.

It doesn't need to be expensive, in fact as it is something that almost everyone would buy make it cheap, incentivise people to start spending Crowns.

Maybe a flat 1000 crowns per extra slot, with an option to buy all three additional slots for 2500 Crowns.

Which would give a level 50+ character a potential 240 Inventory slots.

Given that you need 50+ for Enchanting, another 30ish for Alchemy and I'm not sure anyone knows yet the max number of slots that could be taken up by Provisioner I don't think that 240 slots is unreasonable.

In fact I find it quite appalling ludicrous that a game who crafting system relies on so many raw materials has such low numbers for Inventory and Banking.

It seems to me that very little "forward thinking" was involved in the initial planning stages of the Inventory and Banking system.

All The Best
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »
    Yes it sucks this bad......MULES is the easiest way. do the first two bag slot upgrades on each. Its cheap enough that way to get a bunch of extra slots.

The struggle is REAL.....you could try starting a guild as well just to have the extra space.

I got my mules to level 6 by hunting skyshards and made them into crafters. I actually got enough skyshards at level 5, but got them up to 6 so they could do provisioning and alchemy writs. For a while, I was doing the writs on 8 characters. I still upgrade horse riding on all 8 as they all have a lot of money from the writs they did. You also end up with a lot of recipes to sell.

But I already had a VR10 main before I started doing all that. It would have been way too tedious when I first started. My main is level 50 in 4 crafts, level 42 in enchanting, and somewhere in the 30s in alchemy, but I leveled up alts for everything but crafting gear. I even have an alt for refining gear.
  • ZOS_MandiParker
    ZOS_MandiParker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey folks! Don’t fret! We are actively working on ways to make inventory more manageable for you in a few different ways. We’ve already finished the Provisioning Revamp, which has greatly improved the amount of space required for an active Provisioner, and we have implemented the Collections System in order to further reduce inventory clutter by removing pets and costumes from your inventory list. This is because we know that the inventory dance is fairly time consuming for crafters especially, and we wanted to make things easier to manage overall for everybody.

We also know that Justice's stolen items are now making things trickier to manage because (when compounded with so many crafting supplies) players usually hit inventory and bank caps very quickly. In order to ameliorate this friction, we plan to not only provide additional ways to expand your inventory limit, but we also are working on ways to make your crafting materials much more manageable.

We’re not quite ready to discuss details on this, but it’s something that we are working on right now. When we have solidified the functionality and have some firm ETAs, we will update you all on these new features! :smiley:
    Mandi Parker
    Systems Designer
    Staff Post
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_MandiParker

That's great to hear.

If I had any hair left i would be pulling it out in frustration at juggling banking some days - LOL.

All The Best
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We’re not quite ready to discuss details on this, but it’s something that we are working on right now. When we have solidified the functionality and have some firm ETAs, we will update you all on these new features! :smiley:
    This makes me happy! Can I just ask one favor? Can you guys consider NOT allowing stored weapons/armor to be deconstructed when stored in a bank, or at least offer a toggle? I store gear in my bank, and when playing with my alts, going through all the gear takes forever to go through to ensure I don't accidentally decon my stashed items (which I've done, sadly -- RIP Engine Guardian helm).

It's not bad if you do it every so often, but when you have to deal with tons of loot constantly...
  • psicorpb16_ESO
    psicorpb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the offer @Nestor but I'm EU , have a lot better idea of what to do now though
  • c.p.garrett1993_ESO
    I harvest every raw material I see and have plenty of bank space, after upgrading as needed, to keep them all. I imagine this may get harder as I progress but it certainly seems possible.
    If all else fails I could always list materials in the guild store for a super ridiculous price.
    Can you withdraw those listings?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all else fails I could always list materials in the guild store for a super ridiculous price.
    Can you withdraw those listings?

The only issue with this is you have to pay a percentage of the price you list it for to list it. So, it is a very expensive way to store things.

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WTF, somebody pinch me so I know I'm not dreaming. A real response from ZOS, and a hopefully one at that. Gives me pause for hope of the game. Now let me wipe this tear from my eye. :D:'(

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on BASHING AND SLANDEROUS COMMENTS]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on May 15, 2015 8:53PM
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • joshisanonymous
    joshisanonymous
    ✭✭✭✭
    I did all crafts on one character without using any alts for storage right from the very start. It is quite taxing on your inventory and causes a lot of running back and forth, especially if you hold onto the gear that has traits that you will need to research in the future.

It's possible, but clearly you're not meant to be an expert at every craft. I'm pretty sure ZoS wanted/wants people to have to rely on other crafters for economic reasons, and I honestly support this strategy. They have made it significantly easier to store materials, though, by cutting down on what's needed for some trades.

My suggestion, if you want to do them all as I did: focus on increasing your bank storage, personal storage, and horse storage immediately. Also, only hold onto materials that you have immediate need of. For instance, don't keep leather components that make gear under your current level and don't hold onto food ingredients for foods that you're not going to personally use or sell. It's really not necessary to be able to make level 20 leather boots or level 25 health drinks when you're level 40: you can't use them and no one will ever buy them.
    Fedrals / EP / Dunmer Nightblade