Request for increasing bank account in The Elder Scrolls Online

alifesoft
alifesoft
✭✭
The Elder Scrolls Online is better than best of any online RPG games which have ever been created. It is really amazing and astonishing game with world in which we want to believe. We do believe in this world.

However, this Game has one tiny, but really annoying issue. It has issue with bank inventory capacity. Moreover, this makes real trouble for the people which chose crafter way. This issue can be easy avoided by the additional “warehouse” characters. When you change characters ten times in an hour to remember where you store something: this ruins all game experience.

What do I propose? I propose two different solutions, which can fix this game experience breaking issue:

- First is increasing bank maximal account size to 1000 slots with full upgrading cost 800,000 ingame gold. Starting bank account capacity can be same.

- Second is setting to all crafting ingredients (runes, provision ingredients, weeds, ore ,woods and additional materials) zero slot requirement. So, all ingredients won’t be counted as required space.

Final decision about this problem must be made by developers from ZeniMax Online Studios. I wrote just proposals.
Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 24, 2015 7:17PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.6 is changing crafting mats so they stack to 200, and cleaning up a lot of clutter for provisioners, which should cut down on inventory a lot.

[Moderator Note: Edited to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 24, 2015 7:19PM
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just poll ppl how many more slots they may want?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just poll ppl how many more slots they may want?

If it's just that... I could live with the current inventory numbers, but let us slot our crafting mats into a separate interface, please?
    Options
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    -Start a guild
    -Get 10 people to join
    -Profit
    [DC/NA]
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People have been asking for both of those proposals since launch. Threads have popped up every few months. ZOS has said inventory is as intended and they were not planning on changing it. Given the popularity of the request they may add extra inventory spaces or bank spaces to the crown store in the future. Certainly fits the convenience addition bill.
    Edited by Curragraigue on February 24, 2015 5:05AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    alifesoft wrote: »
    However, this Game has one tiny, but really annoying issue. It has issue with bank inventory capacity. Moreover, this makes real trouble for the people which chose crafter way. This issue can be easy avoided by the additional “warehouse” characters. When you change characters ten times in an hour to remember where you store something: this ruins all game experience.

My character initially worked on three crafts (Enchanting, Woodworking, Clothing) and after completing those he has moved on to the other three (Blacksmithing, Alchemy and Provisioning). I have had to apply thought and planning to his crafting journey every step of the way but I have never felt that the bank limits were impossible, just challenging.

My advice?
    1) Don't work on every craft at the same time.
    2) Be glad that when 1.6 hits bank space is going to get a lot easier due to the provisioning revamp.

Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want all Crafting items to take up zero inventory and have 1000 Bank spaces? What exactly are you going to fill that 1000 spaces with?
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always hit the edge of my 240 bank spaces myself, running all crafts on my various alts. Still haven't put most of my provisioning stuff in the bank for lack of space...

So, yes, some more bank space would be neat. I don't see any reason for crafting stuff not to take up space... I just want a few more bank spaces to fill with crafting stuff.

Personally I'd say, increase the gold-purchasable bank spaces to up to 250, and then add 50-space bank expansions to the crown store for a maximum of 500 (making your personal banks as big as a guild bank). That ought to be well enough to stockpile loads of all possible crafting materials, and have space left over for stuff to take a load off the characters inventory...
    Options
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an ongoing topic, there are probably plenty of threads on it already, so obviously plenty of people want it, but I'm not one of them.

I think what they have done, stacking mats to 200, stacking gems, picks to 200, letting us have bag space horse combined with speed/stamina and moving some items to collection menu. I'd like to see trophies moved as well and maybe just go ahead and add potions to the list of stuff that stacks to 200. But that's about it for me personally.

I craft all six crafts, store all the stuff for doing so in my bank without mules plus extra potions and soul gems and some extra bits of gear, it's do-able. (Heck, on PTS when I can stack to 200, I think my bank when from almost 240 full down to 160) I like that you can't just mindlessly hoard everything and have to put thought/work into it.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
    Options
  • DarioZ
    DarioZ
    ✭✭
    No need for such a feature in my experience.
    Options
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only change I would like to see is a personal bank for each character and a shared bank space for all characters where stuff they all use can be stored...
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Options
  • TehMagnus
    TehMagnus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If only the bank was the issue, not signing a document that says "everything is cool we just need more bank space".

Fix the UI first.
    Options
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I admit i have been against the increased bank size because i there has to be drawbacks from getting all the professions.. But then again i have taken Alchemy and Enchantingf now as well and the sheer number of runes is overwhelming at times..

I feel like we should have a separate 50 slot bank for each character which is not account wide to use for personal crafting professions. This bank size should also be upgradeable with same costs than the current bank.
    >>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    However, this Game has one tiny, but really annoying issue. It has issue with bank inventory capacity.
    @alifesoft , you are correct. It's a tiny issue. There are a dozen workarounds for this that involve zero code change.
    - First is increasing bank maximal account size to 1000 slots with full upgrading cost 800,000 ingame gold. Starting bank account capacity can be same.

- Second is setting to all crafting ingredients (runes, provision ingredients, weeds, ore ,woods and additional materials) zero slot requirement. So, all ingredients won’t be counted as required space.
    The good news is, the 800,000g probably isn't far off. Think the next upgrade is about 75k?

1000 slots is absurd. Thin things out you don't need (level wise), sell what you don't use, you still have plenty of room to store extras.

If you are absolutely intent on having 1000 spaces, I suspect if you gave four guild masters 200k each, they'd let you lease half of each bank.
    Final decision about this problem must be made by developers from ZeniMax Online Studios. I wrote just proposals.
    Final decision on this was made a long time ago.

It's fine the way it is.

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude and Insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ShannonM on February 24, 2015 7:55PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    badmojo wrote: »
    -Start a guild
    -Get 10 people to join
    -Profit

I am already in trading guild and it helps to earn gold. But i must trust people with whom I make common bank account. I prefer to be loner.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should sell bag space in the crown store. 10 slots for 500C.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • Spottswoode
    Spottswoode
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Don't encourage them.
    Proud Player of The Elder Bank Screen Online.
    My khajiit loves his moon sugar.
    Steam Profile
    Libertas est periculosum. Liberum cogitandi est haeresis. Ergo, et ego terroristis.
    Current main PC build:
    i7 3770 (Not overclocking currently.)
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    32gb RAM

Laptop:
    i7-7700HQ
    GTX 1060
    16gb RAM

Secondary build:
    i3 2330
    GTX 660
    8gb RAM
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't threaten me with more space !
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »

Don't encourage them.

Why not? still sell it fit in game gold to but offer it for real $ for those who want to buy it. Won't hurt anything. Won't unbalance anything. It'll just make ZOS money.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • ZOS_ShannonM
    ZOS_ShannonM
    ✭✭✭
    Hello, everyone.

We are actively reading all your feedback, and do encourage you to continue to share it with us. Your constructive feedback is valuable, and allows us to make improvements to our game and ensure a fun and rewarding experience for everyone.

In order to ensure continued constructive and meaningful discussion on our forums, we ask that you please refrain from creating petition and protest organization threads on our forums. Neither allows for open, constructive discussion or exchange of ideas since most posts consist of “/signed.” Instead, we ask that you offer recommendations, suggestions, or requests about topics you feel need change. In order to continue making improvements to our game, it's important that we get details from you regarding why you like or dislike something.

We are leaving this thread open for discussion, but we've removed the word “petition” from the title and first post and changed it to “request.” If you have any questions or concerns about this edit, or our community rules of conduct, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • gresiac
    gresiac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buy all bankslots make alts buy full baclpack room enough i would say
    Options
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The cost of bank slots is absurd and only giving 10 each upgrade. So many items that could just stack in 1 huge pile don't and leave me with a full bank and full pack horses.
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
    Options
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    roechacca wrote: »
    Don't threaten me with more space !

LOL!! I hear you!

OP: You may want to organize your alts better if you are having trouble finding stuff.

Each of my alts holds very specific items when they are not out playing (with room for some overflow for those weeks where I'm just tripping over recipes or something), so I usually have no trouble finding something if I need it.
    The Moot Councillor
    Options
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The doubling of the stack size from 100 to 200 for all of the crafting professions in 1.6 has opened up considerable inventory space for me. This lightly publicized change is going to make people very happy.
    Options
  • Oliviander
    Oliviander
    ✭✭✭✭
    The cost of bank slots is absurd and only giving 10 each upgrade. So many items that could just stack in 1 huge pile don't and leave me with a full bank and full pack horses.

I think the price for bankslots are reasonable IF the bankslot are increased I would propose the same progression
    should go on so the next hundred spaces should cost a little more than a million.

I also thinkthat the total slots of 240 + 8*170 is enough (ok some more wouldn't hurt)
    It's easy to manage everything within that
    BUT it is not convenient !!!

My Proposal would be if a character is logged out in the bank another character should (of the same account of course <g>) be able to deposit and withdraw from that characters inventory.

This would spare me a lot of logging around !
    Options
  • Folkb
    Folkb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the price scales up way too much.
    Options
  • alifesoft
    alifesoft
    ✭✭
    Hello, everyone.

We are actively reading all your feedback, and do encourage you to continue to share it with us. Your constructive feedback is valuable, and allows us to make improvements to our game and ensure a fun and rewarding experience for everyone.

Ok, I think that 10 additional bank slots for 500 crowns it will be very asked position in store. I will spend my future first 3000 crowns for this.
    Options
  • Attorneyatlawl
    Attorneyatlawl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oliviander wrote: »

I think the price for bankslots are reasonable IF the bankslot are increased I would propose the same progression
    should go on so the next hundred spaces should cost a little more than a million.

I also thinkthat the total slots of 240 + 8*170 is enough (ok some more wouldn't hurt)
    It's easy to manage everything within that
    BUT it is not convenient !!!

My Proposal would be if a character is logged out in the bank another character should (of the same account of course <g>) be able to deposit and withdraw from that characters inventory.

This would spare me a lot of logging around !

I like this idea very much. Make us go to the banker to do so (otherwise it would just be a shared inventory), but let us withdraw/deposit from other characters' inventories if we're at the bank.

For now, I bought an extra copy of ESO given the buy-to-play change is coming, for storage purposes. Ran me around $25 and included the free month which will then be no-subscription-required forever, and I can dual-log in if I need to just grab something quickly, store a ton of stuff on it, and mail things over to it from anywhere (or bounce them back using an addon like Wykkyd's Mailbox). :)
    -First-Wave Closed Beta Tester of the Psijic Order, aka the 0.016 percent.
    Exploits suck. Don't blame just the game, blame the players abusing them!

-Playing since July 2013, back when we had a killspam channel in Cyrodiil and the lands of Tamriel were roamed by dinosaurs.
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The good news is, the 800,000g probably isn't far off. Think the next upgrade is about 75k?

Yeah, 800k is very close to the total bill for a 240 slot bank. I think the real number is 824k or something like that. It's been awhile since I actually looked at the number.
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They should allow items to stack to 500+

They should lower costs of bank and bag upgrades

They should allow all craftables to have thier own tab instead of taking up bank slots.

None of this will happen even though the community wants it and their is a post about it EVERY SINGLE DAY. They don't listen and would of done something by now if they were going to.
    Edited by Troneon on February 24, 2015 8:27PM
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options