The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

@ZOS - Your official statement conflicts with what your support team is telling your customers

• Haxnschwammer
    Haxnschwammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Keep in mind when counting your days that the "free" 30 days at the beginning and the extended 3 or 4 extra days at launch does not count.
    Once I was a healer. Then I took a Wrobel to the knee.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    Options
  • Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hoping its 300 days PAID time.

Therefore I'd Sub for 3 months on March 5th and get those remaining 90 days I need for the mount.

ZOS hopefully you are smart and let us do it this way. You're in it for some great quick profit. Too bad you removed those 6 month subs though.
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can already see this topic will turn into the exact same thing as the 70 CP clarification thread where Gina will have to give 17 different examples of how it'll work (and not work) and people will STILL not get it.
    Options
  • Joejudas
    Joejudas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    I can already see this topic will turn into the exact same thing as the 70 CP clarification thread where Gina will have to give 17 different examples of how it'll work (and not work) and people will STILL not get it.

or maybe zos could just be honest
    Options
  • Igax
    Igax
    I'm basing my response solely on the wording of this exact statement from ZoS: "You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th." All dates/days will be based on NA.

• 5-Day early Access began: March 30th 2014.
    • ESO's official Launch date: April 4th 2014.
    • Tamriel Unlimited: March 17th 2015.

• Continuous Sub since 5-day early Access: 351 days on March 15th 2015.
    • Continuous Sub since Launch: 346 days on March 15th 2015.

This leaves a grace period of 46-51 days of unpaid Subscription to ESO for the duration to still receive the Senche Tiger Mount. Again, reading the sentence at it's most literal translation you could have not subbed to ESO for up to 51 days and still receive the Mount. That is more than fair and anyone that complains about not getting a cool Mount because they were unsubbed for 52+ days I have no sympathy for you.

It was said that the free 30 days do not count, also there were a total of 10 days for free due to tech issues. SOOO the best you could have using your numbers, 346-(30+5+5)=306, or a grace period of 6 days.... The earliest I was billed for 30 day sub was 5/9 which I would guess is when most got billed.
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igax wrote: »
    It was said that the free 30 days do not count, also there were a total of 10 days for free due to tech issues. SOOO the best you could have using your numbers, 346-(30+5+5)=306, or a grace period of 6 days.... The earliest I was billed for 30 day sub was 5/9 which I would guess is when most got billed.
    Alright, mind providing a link of where they said the 30 days that came with the Box doesn't count towards the 300? Certainly that would reduce the total grace period a well as if they are counting any additional free days due to tech issues. I'd just like to see where ZoS themselves said they aren't counting those days.

Even if they aren't counting say 40 days, this is a Loyalty reward that is meant for Subscribers who have NEVER let their Subscription drop to which there are many. I can certainly understand how some who only missed a few days maybe due to the pay cycle at their job or billing issues would be worried. Even if the grace period is only ~10 days total, that's still reasonable. TBH, with my calculations 46-51 days seemed a bit large of a grace period anyway.
    Joejudas wrote: »
    That's not what I meant by my comment. I meant that after the change to 70 CP Gina gave like 9 different scenarios as to how an Account would earn the full 70 CP and there were STILL several threads of people not getting it. I have a feeling this topic will end up the same way. No matter how many total days there actually is for a grace period, ZoS could explain it 20 different ways and some just wouldn't get it.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 13, 2015 10:17AM
    Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Igax wrote: »
    Alright, mind providing a link of where they said the 30 days that came with the Box doesn't count towards the 300? Certainly that would reduce the total grace period a well as if they are counting any additional free days due to tech issues. I'd just like to see where ZoS themselves said they aren't counting those days.

Even if they aren't counting say 40 days, this is a Loyalty reward that is meant for Subscribers who have NEVER let their Subscription drop to which there are many. I can certainly understand how some who only missed a few days maybe due to the pay cycle at their job or billing issues would be worried. Even if the grace period is only ~10 days total, that's still reasonable. TBH, with my calculations 46-51 days seemed a bit large of a grace period anyway.
    Joejudas wrote: »
    That's not what I meant by my comment. I meant that after the change to 70 CP Gina gave like 9 different scenarios as to how an Account would earn the full 70 CP and there were STILL several threads of people not getting it. I have a feeling this topic will end up the same way. No matter how many total days there actually is for a grace period, ZoS could explain it 20 different ways and some just wouldn't get it.

Counting the 30 days or not does not change anything. Everyone had to purchase the box to play the game. I don't see any difference or sense arguing over this.
    Options
  • JoffyToffy69
    JoffyToffy69
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Having the same issue myself. I'm at 210 days (took a few months off when the game started turning to shite, came back when 1.5 claimed to have fixed things),.

Not a personal attack, but this is the perfect example of unworthy applicants.
    The loyalty reward is to those who remained loyal through the bad times.
    By leaving the games for a few months because of all the trouble is clearly not loyal.

Being loyal is remaining supportive regardless of the circumstances.

If you're willing to pay essentially for the mount, hopefully they offer a crown store option. Yes some are just shy of the 300 days, and hopefully they can pay a bit more just to get them over the 300 day mark.

The loyalty program is to reward loyalty. I don't think people understand what that is.
    Fun comes from diversity, balance kills diversity.
    Former Empress Serabii
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're willing to pay essentially for the mount, hopefully they offer a crown store option. Yes some are just shy of the 300 days, and hopefully they can pay a bit more just to get them over the 300 day mark.

The loyalty program is to reward loyalty. I don't think people understand what that is.
    As a Player who will certainly qualify for the Senche Mount I'm not at all against there being a Crown Store variant. The only thing I'd want is that the version for sale in the Crown Store be different visually from the Loyalty reward that way you can easily tell at a glance who has been loyal through the bad times.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't panic folks. There's no way the Senche is going to really be an exclusive mount. They are going to put other Senche mounts in the store with different skins so you'll be able to get it, just in another color. And very probably those other colors will be "cooler" than the traditional tiger stripe orange and black those of us who have subbed since day one will get. I'm just kind of chuckling at the sleazy nature of this whole thing. It reeks of, "Let's get a panic going over a digital kitty so people will not allow their sub to lapse til AFTER March 17th and hey if we spin it right maybe people will even rush to buy time cards." And then when some clueless intern asks, "But hey won't the rest of the player base freak out when they find there's a Senche mount they will never be able to get and there's only ultimately going to be a handful of players who can ever have them? And what about the console players who will cry foul 'cause they never had a chance to get a Senche mount?" To which the answer, of course, will be, "Ha! Not to worry! We're gonna have at least 3 Senche mounts available in the cash shop in different colors! But keep that to yourself kid 'cause we need the revenue and we want the folks who have been giving us money from day one to feel like we actually care enough about them to really give them an exclusive to show our appreciation for a little while longer!"
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • P3ZZL3
    P3ZZL3
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very easy way to look at this.

1) It's based on lapsed/used time. In which case there will be very few people who will gain access to this mount. One would say it's a lot of work for the designers/devs/coders to implement it JUST for this.

2) If it's based on PAID time, then it goes against the exclusivity of it. Anyone can just effectively go buy it for "x" months of subscription and adding it to their account. This mitigates the whole "Loyal, core community member" part - which in turn, makes it a cash grab from ZoS.

3) As they have already made it, then I think the comments by @MornaBaine stand and there will be multiple different styled large cat mounts released very quickly to additionally cash grab :)
    CP561 Redguard | Jabsy Templar | Stamina Build
    CP561 Breton | Jesus Beam Templar | Magicka Build Forever!
    CP561 Naked Nord | Tanky DK | Stamigicka Build

✭✭✭ Check ESO Server Status Live!: http://eso.webhub.eu/ ✭✭✭
    Options
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well hopefully they make some kind of announcement on Friday to help clarify this. To me saying paid subscription time seems pretty clear. Plus that would help selling more sub time for their part. Also like other posters have said, you can bet your butt that the model will be going into the cash shop with different skin colors.

Then again they have reversed on statements they have made in the past heh. See my sig for a prime example.
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
    Options
  • ZOS_GaryA
    ZOS_GaryA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

The eligibility requirements were listed in yesterday's Road Ahead article, which can be found here.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Options
    Staff Post
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_GaryA wrote: »
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

The eligibility requirements were listed in yesterday's Road Ahead article, which can be found here.

The entire point of the thread is that statement is confusing. Why is it the mods in other languages can answer this question but not the english language mods?
    Options
  • Aett_Thorn
    Aett_Thorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

@ZOS_GaryA‌, I think that the question is more about why this information doesn't seem to be shared (or maybe just understood) by your own customer service people?
    Options
  • Smaxx
    Smaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GaryA We understand you're most likely in a hurry looking through many threads, but what you've linked is exactly what Lucy quoted in the first post (which in the end caused the whole confusion). Or can that be taken as a confirmation that some earlier CS answers are indeed wrong?
    Options
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I paid for two 6 months subs from day one but cancelled recently so it runs out in May. I better get this mount. No I won't be an active subscriber in March but I still have a sub.
    Options
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's really simple, people. If you have not been subbed for 300 days, you do not get the mount. If you took a month break, you do not get the mount. The first free 30 days do not count towards paid, elapsed subscription time. Buying a 60 or 90 day time card before the deadline will not add to your elapsed time played.

If you do not meet the criteria laid out in the article, you do not get the mount. Simple.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    It's really simple, people. If you have not been subbed for 300 days, you do not get the mount. If you took a month break, you do not get the mount. The first free 30 days do not count towards paid, elapsed subscription time. Buying a 60 or 90 day time card before the deadline will not add to your elapsed time played.

If you do not meet the criteria laid out in the article, you do not get the mount. Simple.

This is not true. There are 347 days between april 4 and march 17th if I am adding correctly. That means 47 days of lee way. Now i know you will say "april doesnt count!". If april doesnt count why did they say subbed from april 4th to march 17th?

The fact is this mount is not part of the "loyalty" program. Any problems you had with loyalty rewards you wont have with this. It doesnt work the same way.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

+1
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact is this mount is not part of the "loyalty" program. Any problems you had with loyalty rewards you wont have with this. It doesnt work the same way.
    Except that it's listed under LOYALTY REWARDS on the Road Ahead page. And it's a reward for being a loyal paying customer from day 1.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Except that it's listed under LOYALTY REWARDS on the Road Ahead page. And it's a reward for being a loyal paying customer from day 1.

It is technically a loyalty reward but it is outside the "program" which gives other rewards.
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

@ZOS_GaryA The requirements are unclear, that's what started this thread in the first place. Since it's not a standard reward, we're not sure if all standard rules apply. We got some answers from Kai in a German thread, but not all, and it would be great to have them confirmed in English as well. Could you answer these questions?
    1. Do 30 "free" days coming with the box count towards this reward? Or any compensatory days (e.g. 5 days we all got in May)
    2. Do those 300 days have to be elapsed before March or only paid for? Kai already answered this one, but just to make sure.
    3. Not a question, but if it's true they don't have to be consecutive, it needs to be passed on to the CS team so they don't give people incorrect answers.
    Edited by Rosveen on February 13, 2015 1:44PM
    Options
  • Vunter
    Vunter
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

best answer ever.

Options
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

So in other words, they don't even know what it means. Either that, or they didn't actually read the original post, which is insulting.
    Options
  • angelyn
    angelyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

@ZOS_GaryA The requirements are unclear, that's what started this thread in the first place. Since it's not a standard reward, we're not sure if all standard rules apply. We got some answers from Kai in a German thread, but not all, and it would be great to have them confirmed in English as well. Could you answer these questions?
    1. Do 30 "free" days coming with the box count towards this reward? Or any compensatory days (e.g. 5 days we all got in May)
    2. Do those 300 days have to be elapsed before March or only paid for? Kai already answered this one, but just to make sure.
    3. Not a question, but if it's true they don't have to be consecutive, it needs to be passed on to the CS team so they don't give people incorrect answers.
    100% Agree. These are the questions people want answers to. It's just like when a quest was bugged and a certain item wasn't appearing. I saw it on youtube but it wasn't there in my game even though I was standing in the exact place on the vid and the exact place that my quest marker told me. CS Rep said I needed to search for it!
    Edited by angelyn on February 13, 2015 2:02PM
    Options
  • LordSkyKnight
    LordSkyKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

Did either of you read the first post in this thread? Good grief....
    "And it's important to state that our decision to go with subscriptions is not a referendum on online game revenue models. F2P, B2P, etc. are valid, proven business models - but subscription is the one that fits ESO the best, given our commitment to freedom of gameplay, quality and long-term content delivery. Plus, players will appreciate not having to worry about being "monetized" in the middle of playing the game, which is definitely a problem that is cropping up more and more in online gaming these days. The fact that the word "monetized" exists points to the heart of the issue for us: We don't want the player to worry about which parts of the game to pay for - with our system, they get it all."
    - Matt Firor
    Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vunter wrote: »
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

best answer ever.

Don't be so harsh on them. It's probably morning in the East Coast and they just need a cup of coffee to wake themselves up. LOL
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kragorn wrote: »
    LMAO, this is so typical of ZOS, pretty much every announcement they make results in scores of confused players because the wording is ambiguous and ZOS' left hand doesn't know what its' right hand is doing.

Actually, it's pretty typical of every developer, I can recall the same sort of confusion over similar things in the past with SOE as they then were, for example. They simply don't think of all the possible permutations before they make the announcement, and are then surprised by the many varied circumstances that are pointed out by the players afterwards. Developers then usually clarify the situation and doubtless that will happen here.
    Options
  • Rioht
    Rioht
    ✭✭✭
    Hey there @Lefty_Lucy,

Hey there @ZOS_GaryA‌ ,

The original question was listed in yesterdays "@ZOS - Your official statement conflicts with what your support team is telling your customers" post, which can be found here
    Options