The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

@ZOS - Your official statement conflicts with what your support team is telling your customers

• NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vrine wrote: »
    NovaShadow wrote: »
    Kaynlor wrote: »
    Ysne58 wrote: »
    I have 90 days to qualify. My current sub doesn't end until March 30th. If I can't get my hands on some game time cards. Will setting up a 3 month sub now qualify me? Anyone know?

I think you need to get your hands on a game card. Mine doesn't expire until March 31, so I'm in the same boat.

This is what I'm thinking. But being Australian its damn hard to track the cards down. Especially now with the game changing come March 17th.
    I have 90 days to qualify. My current sub doesn't end until March 30th. If I can't get my hands on some game time cards. Will setting up a 3 month sub now qualify me? Anyone know?

The bundle will yes. As long as ZOS is paid for the three months before March 17th and those three months added to your account = 300 or more days then youre golden.This is what I just did.

So you got a sub added to your account now? I thought it didn't add those days until your current sub ended.

Your are correct and since I was paying month to month and had only missed a month and a half of subscription time those 90 days will be added before March 17.

If your current sub doesn't end until March 30, 2015, your new sub won't start until March 30, 2015*, which means you will not have the 300+ days by March 17, 2015**.
    * That is based on my understanding of what you have said.
    **Based on ZOS requirements.

Yes, this is what I've figured.
    Enodoc wrote: »

I think you need to get your hands on a game card. Mine doesn't expire until March 31, so I'm in the same boat.

This is what I'm thinking. But being Australian its damn hard to track the cards down. Especially now with the game changing come March 17th.

The bundle will yes. As long as ZOS is paid for the three months before March 17th and those three months added to your account = 300 or more days then youre golden.This is what I just did.

So you got a sub added to your account now? I thought it didn't add those days until your current sub ended.
    Time cards add the days on immediately.

I know. My current sub is via a time card I got for Christmas. But alas that was before the BTP announcement and stores have since removed them. Been told they're no longer allowed to sell time cards as the game will be free to play.

Not true. I bought a 60 Day from Gamestop today. It wasn't hanging up but they had it under a cabinet near the register.

NovaShadow is Australian. We don't have Gamestop here. The stores that did stock the time cards like EB and JB no longer stock them. So it'd be impossible for them to get one unless they ordered one online.

Ah okay, well don't know either one of yas so was not sure where you are from. That sucks that none of them have it. However, Gamestop and EB games are all under the same company -- so I'm not sure why they are holding out on ya.

Try calling a few EBs and see if any have it in stock instead of just relying on one or their website.

Yeah, it's funny that EB has pulled them off the shelves but Gamestop hasn't. They've retracted them from all of their stores though, not just a few sadly. It's an Australia-wide thing.
    Anyway either way I'm sure NovaShadow can just buy one online and get it shipped here before the 17th :)

Very true. I managed to find an online store and ordered a couple. Will wait and see if they arrive before the deadline.
    PC NA - EPHS
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walmart still has plenty of the 60 day time cards.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't think to check Walmart. I hardly ever go there. I ordered one online, the Gamestops I called said they didn't have any.
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaynlor wrote: »

Your are correct and since I was paying month to month and had only missed a month and a half of subscription time those 90 days will be added before March 17.

If your current sub doesn't end until March 30, 2015, your new sub won't start until March 30, 2015*, which means you will not have the 300+ days by March 17, 2015**.
    * That is based on my understanding of what you have said.
    **Based on ZOS requirements.

Yes, this is what I've figured.
    Enodoc wrote: »

Time cards add the days on immediately.

I know. My current sub is via a time card I got for Christmas. But alas that was before the BTP announcement and stores have since removed them. Been told they're no longer allowed to sell time cards as the game will be free to play.

Not true. I bought a 60 Day from Gamestop today. It wasn't hanging up but they had it under a cabinet near the register.

NovaShadow is Australian. We don't have Gamestop here. The stores that did stock the time cards like EB and JB no longer stock them. So it'd be impossible for them to get one unless they ordered one online.

Ah okay, well don't know either one of yas so was not sure where you are from. That sucks that none of them have it. However, Gamestop and EB games are all under the same company -- so I'm not sure why they are holding out on ya.

Try calling a few EBs and see if any have it in stock instead of just relying on one or their website.

Yeah, it's funny that EB has pulled them off the shelves but Gamestop hasn't. They've retracted them from all of their stores though, not just a few sadly. It's an Australia-wide thing.
    Anyway either way I'm sure NovaShadow can just buy one online and get it shipped here before the 17th :)

Amazon has some from the UK that ship internationally (I did a search on the US Amazon but it also pulled up from there) ---- However, definitely talk to them to ensure you can get it in time or if they are willing to just email you the code. Also I see one on EBay, I did a US look up but there's a Canadian result which ships worldwide... 1 left as of writing this, but I did see some other options in the list.
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on February 14, 2015 8:09AM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That is crazy. I already asked about this and they already said that there will be some sort of game card available after Tamriel Unlimited. They were not specific about it, but they will likely have crown and time cards, probably one card that can be used for either.

In any case, they are becoming scarce because Bethesda is probably printing up all new cards branded with Tamriel Unlimited.

For people in the US, all of the Best Buy locations near me have ESO time cards, according to their website. They are also on sale, if you are looking for a card and want to save a few bucks.
    For me it came down to the question: "would I be spending this money regardless over the next three months?" and then the question: "was I willing to commit to a lump sum to get the tiger mount before March the 17th?"

This is entirely reasonable, and in my opinion it is well within the spirit of a subscriber reward for people before TU. For the most part, spending a lump sum to get the mount is only attractive to someone who would be subscribing anyway. The people who are looking at the game as F2P starting March 17 might take a long look at the mount, but if the lump sum exceeds the cost of a variant mount in the Store, they are going to think twice about it. The striped model will probably be less of a "cool" factor than the black one, anyway.

In the end, the majority of the people who are going to be getting the mount are going to be the people who are already going to be subscribed for the required number of days or are within a time card of it. In both cases, I do not doubt their "loyalty" as a subscriber.

Furthermore, I welcome them to the ranks of ESO Plus subscribers, even if just for a few weeks or months.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • McHina
    McHina
    ✭✭
    Kudos to ZOS on this one, it's cosmetic perk after all.
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feynn wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »
    Isn't someone who subbed for 6 months, cancelled for 5 months, then subbed for another 6 months showing the same financial contribution as someone who subbed for 12 months, then cancels and plays free thereafter?

I don't think "financial contribution" and "loyalty" mean quite the same thing. I think this mount was intended as a reward for those who have been playing with almost no interruption during the first year of the game. It was meant as a reward for us "veterans" of the game, especially in view of the cancellation of the Loyalty Program. It's not a reward based on how much cash you've spent in the game, otherwise what's the point of having the March deadline for it?

Having a deadline before TU launch simply encourages people to buy more subscription time if they are short the qualifying 300 days paid.

If the reward was actually aimed at players who have been here from the beginning, they would have included a start date for the eligibility - they did not.

It is very obvous that what counts is the amount of paid purchase time only, not when you got here, since the time you buy can extend beyond March 16th. Its just a way to encourge more sales of sub time. That some people don't want to believe that is fine. The result is still the same.
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since when is it a bad thing for a company to want to make money? Also I guess its a bad thing that people who have been here from the beginning but couldnt pay every month get the same treatment as people who could.

This is why we cant have nice things guys.
    Options
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is it a bad thing for a company to want to make money? Also I guess its a bad thing that people who have been here from the beginning but couldnt pay every month get the same treatment as people who could.

This is why we cant have nice things guys.

I don't think a company wanting to make money is a bad thing at all. It's what every company wanting to be successful and stay in business should do, obviously. I want them to be very successful and stay around for a very long time, so I hope they do what is best for them to increase their longevity.

I think what a lot of people dislike about this instance in particular, at least in my case, is the fact they very much disguised it as something else.

Just my feelings on the matter, anyway. :)
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Disguised what as something else?
    Edited by jamesharv2005ub17_ESO on February 15, 2015 9:23PM
    Options
  • Livvy
    Livvy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Disguised it as a loyalty reward for people that had been here and supported the game from the very beginning. More of a thank you gift vs. a money-maker. Which then turned out to not matter if you started playing back in March/April of 2014, or March of 2015, just so long as you had contributed enough money at any given time before March 17th. Hence the "only doing it for money" comments I've seen that I assume you were referring to when you made your money-making comments in your original post.

These are just my feelings and interpretations of what they said and how they described it. Not saying I'm right, just that is how I feel about it personally. I feel like it was misleading in how it was described. They don't have to do anything nice for us, I didn't expect anything, etc. The requirements just surprised me after I learned of them based on how it was presented. :)
    Edited by Livvy on February 15, 2015 9:35PM
    ->--Willow--<-
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »

Disguised it as a loyalty reward for people that had been here and supported the game from the very beginning. More of a thank you gift vs. a money-maker. Which then turned out to not matter if you started playing back in March/April of 2014, or March of 2015, just so long as you had contributed enough money at any given time before March 17th. Hence the "only doing it for money" comments I've seen that I assume you were referring to when you made your money-making comments in your original post.

These are just my feelings and interpretations of what they said and how they described it. Not saying I'm right, just that is how I feel about it personally. I feel like it was misleading in how it was described. They don't have to do anything nice for us, I didn't expect anything, etc. The requirements just surprised me after I learned of them based on how it was presented. :)

The reason they decided to give more leeway is some people have been loyal to the game even tho they havent had a paid sub the entire time. They come back drop a bunch of cash why shouldnt they get it? Did you not see the crap storm they created when they said it would only be for people with subs with no lapse?

So they changed it to you have paid for 300 days. Even if that means you joined last month it doesnt matter. You are investing in the game just like everyone else and the same dollar amount. So you qualify even if you havent been here from the beginning.

So yes a very very nice gesture on ZOS's part to include more people in this reward. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would be upset about that.
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Livvy wrote: »

The reason they decided to give more leeway is some people have been loyal to the game even tho they havent had a paid sub the entire time. They come back drop a bunch of cash why shouldnt they get it? Did you not see the crap storm they created when they said it would only be for people with subs with no lapse?

So they changed it to you have paid for 300 days. Even if that means you joined last month it doesnt matter. You are investing in the game just like everyone else and the same dollar amount. So you qualify even if you havent been here from the beginning.

So yes a very very nice gesture on ZOS's part to include more people in this reward. I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would be upset about that.

Firor was the one who made the original announcement in the Road Ahead article, and that annoucement never said that the reward "would only be for people with subs with no lapse." No else from ZoS ever said that either. People on the forums did.

Firor stated merely that one must have an active sub come TU and "have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th." Nothing was "changed" about that point.

ZoS later added that the 300 paid days need not have elapsed by the 16th, effectively making it just a perk for anyone willing to buy additional sub time by 16th if they want to qualify. More subs for the game. Cool.

The reason some people have been upset by that is obvious, however, and as with most things similar its an issue of semantics gone wrong. Many people here do not define and equate loyalty to the game with how much money you throw at it. They have been "corrected." And so have you.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 'no leeway' part originated from a ZOS comment on reddit.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What other way can you show loyalty to a company besides spending money? I dont consider my phone company a charity why should a MMO be any different.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »

Having a deadline before TU launch simply encourages people to buy more subscription time if they are short the qualifying 300 days paid.

If the reward was actually aimed at players who have been here from the beginning, they would have included a start date for the eligibility - they did not.

It is very obvous that what counts is the amount of paid purchase time only, not when you got here, since the time you buy can extend beyond March 16th. Its just a way to encourge more sales of sub time. That some people don't want to believe that is fine. The result is still the same.

I don't see it this way.

There were different beginnings that need to be considered. Starting from April automatically locks out Steam players from June.

Then the criteria becomes 300 days for April starters and X days for Steam starters. This adds more work for the person who has to do the criteria evaluation, and is still exclusionary in that it eliminates people who are very close to the criteria. If they allow the guy with 299 days, where do they finally draw the line? 290? What about the poor sot with 289 days?

If they allow near misses, someone will always be just outside the fence watching the party. If they don't, then they risk alienating customers.

By making this paid days purchased prior to a date, they avoid being the bad guy. It is now up to the player to decide if it is worth it.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with lordrichter. I think including anyone who has paid for 300 days regardless of whether they have used them up is the right way to go.
    Options
  • Moxey
    Moxey
    Soul Shriven
    I think it all comes down to the way they word things and different peoples interpretation of it.
    When Matt originally said he wanted the mount to be a reward for those that were here from the start do you think he could have actually been referring to the difference between pre and post TU and was actually thinking retrospectively from in the future where being here from the start meant before the relaunch on march 17th.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i hope you cant get this mount by simply buying the time in a $60 card; then it would not be special; and would not show the people that have been here since the beginning.
    Options
  • Soulshine
    Soulshine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cody wrote: »
    i hope you cant get this mount by simply buying the time in a $60 card; then it would not be special; and would not show the people that have been here since the beginning.

That has already been confirmed to be the case; all you need do is buy the time.
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soulshine wrote: »

That has already been confirmed to be the case; all you need do is buy the time.

then the mount is nothing special and not worth all the hype.

its fine though, ill still get it:) i've always wanted a senche mount.
    Options
  • SweetRoll
    SweetRoll
    ✭✭✭

Are you insane? You dont want someone that is willing to give ZOS $60 just for a freaking mount to be able to do that? Just so your epeen will be engorged by riding this "exclusive" animal?
    Do you NOT want this game to succeed?
    I never wanted this game to go B2P, and I certainly don't like cash shops, but that doesn't mean i dont want ZOS to succeed by their chosen business model.
    Options
  • kgallellab14_ESO
    Since he specifically called it a thank you for subscribers that had been there since the beginning, I am pretty sure that means people who subbed starting one month ago but paid up front for a year are NOT getting the seneche mount. How would that make any sense?
    Options
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SweetRoll wrote: »

Are you insane? You dont want someone that is willing to give ZOS $60 just for a freaking mount to be able to do that? Just so your epeen will be engorged by riding this "exclusive" animal?
    Do you NOT want this game to succeed?
    I never wanted this game to go B2P, and I certainly don't like cash shops, but that doesn't mean i dont want ZOS to succeed by their chosen business model.

I don't want a mount that is supposed to require almost a year long subscription to just be bought in a day. That is not fair to those of us that have been subbed since beta.

But you are right, It is just a mount.
    Edited by Cody on February 22, 2015 6:03AM
    Options
  • Decimus_Rex
    Decimus_Rex
    ✭✭✭
    Lefty_Lucy wrote: »
    Regarding the special mount which will be given to loyal customers, ZOS's official statement says:
    The criteria you'll need to meet to receive this very special mount are:

- You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited.
    - You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.

Source: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/12/the-road-ahead---february

I have contacted customer support on the phone to clarify this statement (seeing if the Imperial Edition purchase counted 30 days to the 300 day requirement, etc).

What I found was that the customer service representatives have been instructed by their supervisors that the 300 days must be elapsed time, not paid time. I have also been told that the 300 days must be consecutive. Both of these requirements directly conflict with the officially released requirements for obtaining the mount.

I am in a situation where purchasing a 60-day game card will get me to 300 days of paid game time (but obviously not elapsed game time) before March 16th. I was told by customer service that even if I purchased a 60-day game card that I would not receive the mount. As mentioned above, this directly conflicts with the publicly stated requirements, and this is wrong (illegal??).

I was instructed to bring up this issue here, on the forums, but my customer service representative.

I will gladly pay for 300 days of game time before March 16th if ZOS will award me the mount which, according to their public statement, I will qualify for. I would like some feedback from ZOS letting me know that I will indeed receive the mount if I purchase my 60 day game card.

I believe there will be many customers in this same scenario.

- Lefty

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_TristanK‌ @ZOS_GaryA‌ @ZOS_JanS‌

Edit: added bold text within quote to emphasize the source of the miscommunication

All this angst and flagrant money spending over a digital skin in a game.

They have you poor souls enslaved already
    Options
  • Naivefanboi
    Naivefanboi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lefty_Lucy wrote: »
    Regarding the special mount which will be given to loyal customers, ZOS's official statement says:
    The criteria you'll need to meet to receive this very special mount are:

- You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited.
    - You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.

Source: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/12/the-road-ahead---february

I have contacted customer support on the phone to clarify this statement (seeing if the Imperial Edition purchase counted 30 days to the 300 day requirement, etc).

What I found was that the customer service representatives have been instructed by their supervisors that the 300 days must be elapsed time, not paid time. I have also been told that the 300 days must be consecutive. Both of these requirements directly conflict with the officially released requirements for obtaining the mount.

I am in a situation where purchasing a 60-day game card will get me to 300 days of paid game time (but obviously not elapsed game time) before March 16th. I was told by customer service that even if I purchased a 60-day game card that I would not receive the mount. As mentioned above, this directly conflicts with the publicly stated requirements, and this is wrong (illegal??).

I was instructed to bring up this issue here, on the forums, but my customer service representative.

I will gladly pay for 300 days of game time before March 16th if ZOS will award me the mount which, according to their public statement, I will qualify for. I would like some feedback from ZOS letting me know that I will indeed receive the mount if I purchase my 60 day game card.

I believe there will be many customers in this same scenario.

- Lefty

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_TristanK‌ @ZOS_GaryA‌ @ZOS_JanS‌

Edit: added bold text within quote to emphasize the source of the miscommunication

yea i thought about doing this also, then i slapped myself and remembered they dont deserve it.
    Options
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this is something new? ZOS has made several statements and then done the opposite.
    Options
  • Nefrast
    Nefrast
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous! The MMORPG players are surely are very special kind of people. I can't believe how important a stupid virtual mount is for some people here.
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nefrast wrote: »
    Ridiculous! The MMORPG players are surely are very special kind of people. I can't believe how important a stupid virtual mount is for some people here.

Well, here's your chance now to just leave. Never look back, never turn around and leave the lands of MMORPGs. If you stay, you'll turn into the exact same monstrosity like all of us, frothing and foaming, driven by the hunt for the next shiny pixel.
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The senche I was all for them giving to people. Now they are handing out the 3 6 and 9 month reward as well to anyone who drops some cash. To me that is unacceptable. Ill still play since its free I guess. I wont be paying a sub. As far as DLC with ZOS track record Ill be lucky if they put out any DLC this year. So Ill be saving a ton of cash.

Way to show you care about people who have been here since day one and ALREADY spend $100s. We dont count tho. Only people who are willing to drop money NOW count.
    Options