Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

@ZOS - Your official statement conflicts with what your support team is telling your customers

Lefty_Lucy
Lefty_Lucy
✭✭✭✭
Regarding the special mount which will be given to loyal customers, ZOS's official statement says:
The criteria you'll need to meet to receive this very special mount are:

- You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited.
- You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.

Source: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/12/the-road-ahead---february

I have contacted customer support on the phone to clarify this statement (seeing if the Imperial Edition purchase counted 30 days to the 300 day requirement, etc).

What I found was that the customer service representatives have been instructed by their supervisors that the 300 days must be elapsed time, not paid time. I have also been told that the 300 days must be consecutive. Both of these requirements directly conflict with the officially released requirements for obtaining the mount.

I am in a situation where purchasing a 60-day game card will get me to 300 days of paid game time (but obviously not elapsed game time) before March 16th. I was told by customer service that even if I purchased a 60-day game card that I would not receive the mount. As mentioned above, this directly conflicts with the publicly stated requirements, and this is wrong (illegal??).

I was instructed to bring up this issue here, on the forums, but my customer service representative.

I will gladly pay for 300 days of game time before March 16th if ZOS will award me the mount which, according to their public statement, I will qualify for. I would like some feedback from ZOS letting me know that I will indeed receive the mount if I purchase my 60 day game card.

I believe there will be many customers in this same scenario.

- Lefty

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_TristanK‌ @ZOS_GaryA‌ @ZOS_JanS‌

Edit: added bold text within quote to emphasize the source of the miscommunication
Competetive small scale PvP'er.
GM of Afterburner - DC small scale PvP guild

YouTube: youtube.com/leftylucy_pvp
Livestream: twitch.tv/leftylucy_pvp
  • Gorthax
    Gorthax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious about this as well
    Options
  • rishardnelsonb14_ESO
    Lefty_Lucy wrote: »
    Regarding the special mount which will be given to loyal customers, ZOS's official statement says:
    The criteria you'll need to meet to receive this very special mount are:

- You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited.
    - You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.

Source: http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2015/02/12/the-road-ahead---february

I have contacted customer support on the phone to clarify this statement (seeing if the Imperial Edition purchase counted 30 days to the 300 day requirement, etc).

What I found was that the customer service representatives have been instructed by their supervisors that the 300 days must be elapsed time, not paid time. I have also been told that the 300 days must be consecutive. Both of these requirements directly conflict with the officially released requirements for obtaining the mount.

I am in a situation where purchasing a 60-day game card will get me to 300 days of paid game time (but obviously not elapsed game time) before March 16th. I was told by customer service that even if I purchased a 60-day game card that I would not receive the mount. As mentioned above, this directly conflicts with the publicly stated requirements, and this is wrong (illegal??).

I was instructed to bring up this issue here, on the forums, but my customer service representative.

I will gladly pay for 300 days of game time before March 16th if ZOS will award me the mount which, according to their public statement, I will qualify for. I would like some feedback from ZOS letting me know that I will indeed receive the mount if I purchase my 60 day game card.

I believe there will be many customers in this same scenario.

- Lefty

@ZOS_GinaBruno‌ @ZOS_TristanK‌ @ZOS_GaryA‌ @ZOS_JanS‌

Edit: added bold text within quote to emphasize the source of the miscommunication

Yes i called in with a similar question and the guy i talked to told me it had to be elapsed time not purchased..... I then received a call back from the same guy and was told that it was not elapsed time and its determined by how much time the account holder pays for. So in short from my call with ZOS the requirements are based on payed time and it is not on consecutive months payed. He also assured me that there would be so little players eligible if this was the case because there would only have been an 11month window to log those 300 days and actually ten if they don't count the first free month with the imperial edition. GET ROLLED!!!
    Options
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    ..... I then received a call back from the same guy and was told that it was not elapsed time and its determined by how much time the account holder pays for.

This is good to hear, but my customer service representative was very clear on the phone with me that I would not receive the mount even if I pay for 300 days of game time before March 16th.

I would like a written statement from ZOS which tells me that I (personally) will receive the mount if I purchase another 60 days of game time (I currently have paid for 240, not counting the Imperial Edition). I will not purchase the 60 days otherwise.

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. Good luck with this.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Iago
    Iago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if they keep it nice and ambiguous like this they make you do whatever they want it be justified by saying that they told everybody what the requirements were to get the mount.
    That which we obtain to cheap we esteem to lightly, it is dearness only that gives everything its value.

-Thomas Pain

Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easy to see where the confusion comes from. 300 days paid subscription vs 300 days lapsed payed subscription.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Easy to see where the confusion comes from. 300 days paid subscription vs 300 days lapsed payed subscription.

Well that's the thing - I don't think there should be any confusion. I don't understand why ZOS's customer support is introducing confusion.

The requirements in the official statement are very clear and to-the-point.

There's only 1 interpretation of this which makes sense... And it had nothing to do with elapsed time.

Options
  • dharbert
    dharbert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's elapsed time. You think if you installed ESO yesterday and somehow purchased a 300-day time card you would be eligible for that mount? No.
    Options
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    dharbert wrote: »
    It's elapsed time. You think if you installed ESO yesterday and somehow purchased a 300-day time card you would be eligible for that mount? No.

I think their official statement should say elapsed if it was supposed to be elapsed.

Nothing more.

Options
  • Drazhar14
    Drazhar14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in the exact same situation as you OP. I contacted support myself but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully the devs can clarify this soon. I'd be willing to pay for those remaining days before March 17 to get the mount. If they don't want my money, that's fine too.
    Options
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drazhar14 wrote: »
    I am in the exact same situation as you OP. I contacted support myself but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully the devs can clarify this soon. I'd be willing to pay for those remaining days before March 17 to get the mount. If they don't want my money, that's fine too.

Let me know what you hear because there seems to be a bit of mis-communication within ZOS about this promotion.

Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same issue myself. I'm at 210 days (took a few months off when the game started turning to shite, came back when 1.5 claimed to have fixed things), I'll be at 240 before the 16th with next months' renewal of my subscription, and I'd gladly put on a couple of time cards to get to 300 if it assured the mount.

I get the feeling that they're remaining ambiguous about this because they want people to go buy and cash in time cards or add extra time to their accounts/subscriptions. Telling people that they wont get the mount by doing so will turn them away from putting out that extra money.

Very underhanded if you ask me, but so has been everything with this game.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »

Well that's the thing - I don't think there should be any confusion. I don't understand why ZOS's customer support is introducing confusion.

The requirements in the official statement are very clear and to-the-point.

There's only 1 interpretation of this which makes sense... And it had nothing to do with elapsed time.

Yeah, but they excel at being not very specific with the way they word things.

For example, did you know that returning or existing players receive 100 crowns for each 30-day period of paid game time applied to their account prior to the launch of ESO:TU? That means that as long as you buy and apply game time before the launch of ESO:TU, you will get 100 crowns for every 30-day period of time that has been applied to the account. The statement, as written, includes game time extending past March 17. Except, that I am pretty sure it does not mean that.

While Firor said "you have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th," he will direct his people to correct that statement so that the 300 days will have to be used prior to March 16.
    Edited by Elsonso on February 13, 2015 5:54AM
    Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty much in the same dilemma here. My billing history says I have paid 300 days of game time so far, excluding the imperial edition and 8 days of compensatory time awarded due to the technical issues at the beginning of launch, and I will be charged again on March 19th, which means that by March 17th, the day Tamriel Unlimited launches, there will be 298 days of elapsed subscription game time. Now will I be eligible for the reward?
    Edited by b92303008rwb17_ESO on February 13, 2015 6:00AM
    Options
  • Lefty_Lucy
    Lefty_Lucy
    ✭✭✭✭

While I agree with you here, this specific statement is the opposite. It is specific as read and elapsed time is never mentioned anywhere.

The only reason I'm even talking about the elapsed vs paid-for issue is because I was completely blindsighted by customer service when they hit me with the elapsed requirement after I asked if my Imperial Edition 30 days counted toward the total. I didn't even think this would have been an issue because their statement is very clear and it only mentions the requirement of payment.

Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their requirements are about as clear as their tooltips and skill descriptions.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I agree with you here, this specific statement is the opposite. It is specific as read and elapsed time is never mentioned anywhere.

The only reason I'm even talking about the elapsed vs paid-for issue is because I was completely blindsighted by customer service when they hit me with the elapsed requirement after I asked if my Imperial Edition 30 days counted toward the total. I didn't even think this would have been an issue because their statement is very clear and it only mentions the requirement of payment.

Personally, I think they should stick by what they say. He's the executive in charge of the division, a President or Vice President level position, not just the Game Director. When he makes a written statement like this, presumably proofed and read by others, then what is said should stand.

I am sure they will go back and fix this to indicate that it is paid time used prior to March 16.

Options
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am pretty much in the same dilemma here. My billing history says I have paid 300 days of game time so far, excluding the imperial edition and 8 days of compensatory time awarded due to the technical issues at the beginning of launch, and I will be charged again on March 19th, which means that by March 17th, the day Tamriel Unlimited launches, there will be 298 days of elapsed subscription game time. Now will I be eligible for the reward?

In a similar situation.

Too bad I can't give back the free days that are pushing me out of qualifying.

Will be riding a Guar either way though, so suppose it does not ultimately matter.

C'est la vie.
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
    Options
  • vrine
    vrine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I definitely want ZOS to clarify this, because I will buy extra paid time to get the mount that I'm just a bit off from getting.
    @vrine
    PC - NA - DC
    Altoholic [15/15]

Flo - Khajiit - DK WW - Tank - lvl50
    Uxith - Argonian - Sorc Vamp - DPS - lvl50
    Both - Imperial - Temp WW - DPS - lvl 50
    Skua - Khajiit - Temp - DPS - lvl 50
    Little Marmoset - Bosmer - Warden PVP - DPS - lvl 50
    Borrows-A-Feeling - Argonian - Temp PVP - Healer - lvl 50

Options
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    omg is so cheap already you pay for 300 day of beta testing and they dont give you your reWard is only a virtual item lol that is realy the top
    the wall of the covenant
    Options
  • ThisOnePosts
    ThisOnePosts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be over with paid time, however not used time.. unless they count the 30 days which I got for PAYING for ESO. I'd be pretty annoyed if they went back on their verbiage now. You'd still have to be with them from basically "the beginning" to get it even with Paid time, save for a vacation here and there. If they were to screw people over who have paid for so long, it would be pretty shameful of them.

I had a break from around Christmas through January.... so a little more than a month, however the first 30 days you get hasn't counted towards any other rewards so far so who knows if it counts towards this. Regardless, they wrote "paid" as well as "non-consecutive" and that's what they should stick with.

Let's hope "Paid" is not an error and that we can get some clarification on these forums ASAP.

Copied & Pasted from their page:

Before the Senche Mount picture
    As I alluded to in our special ESO Live show on the day we announced Tamriel Unlimited, I'm very happy to share that we'll be granting an exclusive mount to everyone who has been with us from the beginning: a special Striped Senche (giant cat) mount, given only to those who are eligible. If you see someone prowling the battlefield on one, you'll know you're looking at one of the core members of the community, someone who has been exploring Tamriel with us for quite some time.

After the Senche Mount picture
    Our goal in designing setting the criteria for eligibility was to ensure that we reward players who have been with us from the start, but to allow for the occasional lapse in subscription, as well. The criteria you'll need to meet to receive this very special mount are:

You are an active ESO subscriber when we transition to Tamriel Unlimited.
    You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th.

Screenshot Proof:

c4zYh5L.png
    Edited by ThisOnePosts on February 13, 2015 6:49AM
    Options
  • DeLindsay
    DeLindsay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm basing my response solely on the wording of this exact statement from ZoS: "You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th." All dates/days will be based on NA.

• 5-Day early Access began: March 30th 2014.
    • ESO's official Launch date: April 4th 2014.
    • Tamriel Unlimited: March 17th 2015.

• Continuous Sub since 5-day early Access: 351 days on March 15th 2015.
    • Continuous Sub since Launch: 346 days on March 15th 2015.

This leaves a grace period of 46-51 days of unpaid Subscription to ESO for the duration to still receive the Senche Tiger Mount. Again, reading the sentence at it's most literal translation you could have not subbed to ESO for up to 51 days and still receive the Mount. That is more than fair and anyone that complains about not getting a cool Mount because they were unsubbed for 52+ days I have no sympathy for you.
    Edited by DeLindsay on February 13, 2015 7:52AM
    Options
  • Kragorn
    Kragorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO, this is so typical of ZOS, pretty much every announcement they make results in scores of confused players because the wording is ambiguous and ZOS' left hand doesn't know what its' right hand is doing.
    Edited by Kragorn on February 13, 2015 7:59AM
    Options
  • A1exeR
    A1exeR
    ✭✭✭
    I paid for the game from the start to the present time without interruption аnd my subscription ends March 4. Why should I buy a month to play only half?
    If I do not buy, you do not give my prize!
    I bought a 10 month subscription and imperial edition, participated in the beta test, and I have to pay more to get a gift? This is a scam !!!
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeLindsay wrote: »
    I'm basing my response solely on the wording of this exact statement from ZoS: "You have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive), prior to March 16th." All dates/days will be based on NA.

This leaves a grace period of 46-51 days of unpaid Subscription to ESO for the duration to still receive the Senche Tiger Mount. Again, reading the sentence at it's most literal translation you could have not subbed to ESO for up to 51 days and still receive the Mount. That is more than fair and anyone that complains about not getting a cool Mount because they were unsubbed for 52+ days I have no sympathy for you.

Unsubscribed for 4 months. Knows I will not get one and have no sympathy for myself. It's a loyalty item, just like the ice wraith & dwemer spider.

Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A1exeR wrote: »
    I paid for the game from the start to the present time without interruption аnd my subscription ends March 4. Why should I buy a month to play only half?
    If I do not buy, you do not give my prize!
    I bought a 10 month subscription and imperial edition, participated in the beta test, and I have to pay more to get a gift? This is a scam !!!

I know but it's a Tiger Man ! A fricken TIGER ! An hardly anyone else will be riding that level of pure awesomeness next to You . Those *** went straight for the shiney jugular knowing we're so close to that last ZOS paycheck ! I'm a poor excuse of a consumer if if I just let that opportunity fly past me ! They got me by the short hairs an they know it ...! I just bit the bullet so I could sleep at night an did it . I'm so WEAk ! Don't judge me ...
    Options
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One easy resolution to this would be a small, quick and easy update to the account page that tells you if you will be receiving the mount or not.

Even easier suggestion for ZOS - pop it on the billing history section now (Ie add it now to the billing page (its free, it wont impact anyone's bottom line) and sort out any confusion right away.

Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    Options
  • AshySamurai
    AshySamurai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish you are right. I started play May, 1 only because I waited my IE box. 30 days lapse it's nothing else than shipping time. And now I think I'm going to miss this reward only because I bought IE box.
    Make sweetrolls, not nerfs!
    Options
  • Nazon_Katts
    Nazon_Katts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallo,
    das ist ein "und" - beide Kriterien müssen erfüllt sein. Die Tage müssen bereits genutzt sein, wer theoretisch am 10. März ein Abo über 300 Tage abschließt, erhält den Senche nicht.

^That's a negative on paid time and positive on lapsed time.

The last sentence reads:
    "Days have to be used, so anyone who's theoretically buying a 300 day subscription on March 10, won't get the Senche."
    "You've probably figured that out by now. Let's hope so. Or we're in real trouble... and out come the intestines. And I skip rope with them!"
    Options
  • b92303008rwb17_ESO
    b92303008rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you probably forgot the 30 day free game time that comes with the box and it leaves the grace period 16-21 days. Besides there are 8 days of compensatory game time and it is unreasonable not to be subtracted, so now that leaves the grace period 8-13 days. IMO, a little bit tight.
    Edited by b92303008rwb17_ESO on February 13, 2015 9:25AM
    Options