The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you think there should be an AoE cap?

• Etaniel
    Etaniel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    VoiDGhOs7 wrote: »
    This thread is 44 pages long and the only dev comment is to keep it clean from bashing/flaming stuff.

So sad that the game is almost 2 years old and AoE cap is still here making Cyro a total mess while 24vs24 are spamming the FOTM ruining the game for everyone in Cyrodiil costant 400+ ping is not fun to play.

To be honest I'd rather take this back than the current zerg meta that runs rampant in the majority of Veteran campaigns.
    http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq2-Zl1PETM

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being weakest, that vampire was at 10 and needed nerf.
    But on a scale of 1 to 10, 1 being incredibly stupid and 10 being super smart/skilled, the pugs were at -10

And a lot of the changes in this game were made according to the stupidity level instead of the strength level which explains why when a skill gets nerfed in ESO, it gets nerfed into oblivion and not back in line with other skills.
    Edited by Etaniel on March 16, 2016 2:37PM
    Noricum | Kitesquad

Youtube

AR 41 DC DK

• Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    DjSolJAH wrote: »
    Old thread yet I'm guessing this was before AoE caps were implemented. Although thousands pleaded against AoE caps.... They were implemented and remain
    AoE caps have been in place since the release of the game, bar some skills they overlooked and 'fixed' in an early patch.

Back to your cage, parrot.
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Click on the 2nd person to say yes it's zos but changed their icon to hide it from showing in this poll LMAO
  • phillyboy7897
    phillyboy7897
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Lol first vote also zos with a wierd icon lolol
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Remove aoe caps! Remove stacking! Sick of this..might come back tot he game when aoe caps are gone
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

•  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    sigh.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    New update, new bandaid fix to a problem that has been discussed countless times. Instead of just doing the players and performance a favor and removing AoE caps we get a bomb set.

Awesome.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Chaos
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    No

He's busy playing pve
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    mchermie wrote: »

He's busy playing pve
    Doubt he has time for that with the *** of work the higher levels are throwing at him. That man is in charge of way, way too much stuff.

Wrobel makes a bunch of stupid decisions but somehow over the last few weeks I've grown to feel sorry for him.

[edited for bypassing filter]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on March 30, 2016 2:23PM
    Gave up.
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Jhunn wrote: »
    mchermie wrote: »

He's busy playing pve
    Doubt he has time for that with the sh*tload of work the higher levels are throwing at him. That man is in charge of way, way too much stuff.

Wrobel makes a bunch of stupid decisions but somehow over the last few weeks I've grown to feel sorry for him.

Agreed. I wonder how big of a combat team he gets to work with. If it's as small, or nonexistent, as it seems... he's probably looking for a new studio to join.
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
  • mchermie
    mchermie
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    derp
    Retired
    NA DC
    K-Hole
    McHermie NB - AR 42
    McHermes DK - AR 18
    Lord Typh Templar - AR 11
  • jbcrocks
    jbcrocks
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Any news
    jbcrocks [EP] - Dunmer DK - Vamp since launch - AvA 37
    Chaboyyyhd [EP]- Altmer Sorcerer - AvA 9
    Jb Shadowcloak [EP] - Imperial Nightblade AvA 9
    Commander Soviets [AD] - Bosmer Nightnlade AvA 5

• _Chaos
    _Chaos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    @Wrobel have you seen the outcome of this poll?
    :smirk:
    'Chaos
  • Burning_Talons
    Burning_Talons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Muizer wrote: »
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Muizer wrote: »
    After last ESO-live I'm going with the 'Yes' option for now. After all, the devs evidently understand the problems we experience and are considering solutions. So the only difference now between those who clamour for the removal of AoE caps and the devs is that the former do not know the code base and the latter do. Why would I choose ignorance over knowledge? Only people with an axe to grind or deep rooted aversion to admitting they were wrong, it seems, would continue to harp on about this.

Maybe you should also look at the differences in understanding of the game and meta.
    I quote Wrobel from last ESO Live: "Crystal Blast now has a lot more AoE damage, so you can throw that into a group of enemies who are charging at you and not, you know, not have to get hit by all their PBAoEs that they're spamming."

He explained further how he wants to change the meta to evolve more around positioning and ranged AoEs than it currently is, but the way he adresses it just clearly tells how inept he really is.

edit: typo

Well, he has a team of professionals to go over a code base. What do you have? An awkwardly formulated sentence on a twitch stream.

I can tell you that you've been swallowing alot of Wrobel seeds
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Did this poll actually amount to anything?

I understand that polls on a forum don't tend to represent a whole lot, but the sheer amount of votes here should be a sign to the Devs on how they might consider changing up PvP in the future...
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Doncellius wrote: »

I understand that polls on a forum don't tend to represent a whole lot, but the sheer amount of votes here should be a sign to the Devs on how they might consider changing up PvP in the future...

This poll was conducted before AOE caps went into the live game. The result of this poll was AOE caps went into the game, increased lag, Proxy Det, and VD.
    Edited by Ajax_22 on May 9, 2016 1:46AM
  • Karamis_Vimardon
    Karamis_Vimardon
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    But AoE caps can't be removed because, as @Wrobel said, it would affect PvE as well.

Because you know, ZoS can't modify mob and NPC stats and buffs directly like they can a players-oh wait, they can!

I've said it before, i'll say it again: @Wrobel does not have the industry experience to be a lead and it shows.
    PC NA

Karamis Vimardon, DC Templar (Magplar)
    Netara, DC Nightblade (Stamblade)
    Karamis, DC Sorc (Magicka)
    Hãderus, EP Templar (Healbot)
    Mr Twinkle-Toes, DC DK (Tank)

game
    noun: game;
    plural noun: games
    1. a form of competitive activity or sport played according to rules.
    2. an activity that one engages in for amusement.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Ajax_22 wrote: »
    Doncellius wrote: »

This poll was conducted before AOE caps went into the live game. The result of this poll was AOE caps went into the game, increased lag, Proxy Det, and VD.

That's kinda sad :(

I never saw how the game performed in PvP prior to PS4 launch. It confuses me why they can't activate AoE caps in PvE but not in PvP.

Placing the new ruleset on a PTS wouldn't hurt anyone, right...?

edit: *sigh*
    Edited by Vaoh on May 11, 2016 3:29AM
  • kinggingernator
    kinggingernator
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Zose you listen so well. 90%.vote against it and you add it and everyone hates it. Good work listening to the player base.
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    this is the "listening to players base" they talk about in commercials and interviews
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I have another band aid for stacking Zergs aka leg h ers the kiss of a vicious death and the sweet embrace of the proximity detonation. #removeaoecapsnow. Winter is coming.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Jhunn
    Jhunn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Just reading the first page says it all really. Should've listened to the community, ZOS.
    Elhanan wrote: »
    AoE cap will result in the same terrible PvP experience of GW2 where the zerg always wins. @ZOS, please no AoE cap.
    Grishnakk wrote: »
    I don't want another death-ball-blob to win like we had to do in GW2 to be effective.
    Milky wrote: »
    Absolutely not. This will force tight stack blobbing as the only successful meta.
    Disharmony wrote: »
    For god-sakes if this happens PvP will die in my eyes. It's bad enough that at the moment most PvP is taken place in lag intense zerg vs zerg battles. Touch the abilities instead of ruining how they work. Don't see how zerg vs zerg will keep people entertained for an extended period of time. Small teams are much better.
    Gave up.
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    necro.jpg
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    first the lag in Cyrodiil should be fixed, then AOE caps can go away!
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Fix Health. Health as an attribute has little to no relevance in PvP because an investment in Health doesn't have any utility, and there are very few true tanks in PvP. If you want to have an anti-zerg, you need viable, useful tanking in PvP.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Oh hello again this thread
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Yay
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • LegendaryChef
    LegendaryChef
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Anytime @zose..... Anytime now.....
    Zzoro/Elliot Brown/Baldy ~Kitesquad/Noricum~
    PC EU.
    Spider mount was the only good part about morrowind release.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As predicted, AoE Caps screwed PvP. Everyone saw it coming and it has stayed with us since then.

No revisions, removal, or second looks.

Here is a ton of mitigation if you stack as many players as possible. Also here are changes to make every skill snare, poisons to slaughter the good solo players, and a gap closer snare you cannot avoid no matter what. Enjoy!

And I wonder sometimes why there used to be massive queues on multiple campaigns to join PvP..... *sigh*

Old thread is still 100% relevant :(
    Edited by Vaoh on August 18, 2016 8:22AM
This discussion has been closed.