Welcome to the revamped Elder Scrolls Online forums! For more details on the work that was done, or to provide any feedback, please use the thread below! http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/152386

Some menu items have been moved. They can be accessed by clicking the gear on the far right of the menu bar, near your name.

No sound on ESO

hasher87
hasher87
So i got in to the beta, and yes there was a sound. But now with the 5 day early access, there's no sound coming out at all! There is only but during the Zenimax intro but thats just it.

Whats the problem? Don't tell me i have to reinstall the game client again!
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on March 30, 2014 3:58PM
Post edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on
  • chrisw4346
    same here
  • Evangel_Cottrell
    I'm attempting to repair mine.
    I am very disappointed that this is happening at the early access.
    You N'wah
  • Rueya
    Rueya
    same...
  • lurl
    lurl
    Someone else I was talking to is having this problem, hope we get a solution!
  • Tezla
    Tezla
    Same here. No sound ingame:( worked perfectly in the beta
  • Ackow
    Ackow
    Me too... I do get sound in the cinematics but not In-game =S
  • Bayoh
    Bayoh
    I'm trying a repair and it's re-downloading about 5gb's worth of data... so here's hoping. If it works I'll post back, but doesn't hurt for everyone else to give it a try too. :)
  • Ackow
    Ackow
    I can't find where to repair the installation. =S
  • Tezla
    Tezla
    Il wait for a offial to coment or hear from you if it help to download the release client
  • Duskbane
    Duskbane
    Mines down as well.
  • Bayoh
    Bayoh
    Ackow wrote: »
    I can't find where to repair the installation. =S

If you look under the News title you'll see a Game Options drop down menu. It's there. :)

Edit: err in the launcher that is.

Edited by Bayoh on March 30, 2014 12:00PM
    Post edited by Bayoh on
  • Duskbane
    Duskbane
    I already have that downloaded and Im having the same issue
  • GypZ
    GypZ
    Me too! Currently repairing install and updating Audio drivers!
  • Seraph702
    Seraph702
    me too
  • Evangel_Cottrell
    How is something like no sound not getting an official announcement after an hour and yet, "Oh no I can't zoom in" has an official fix.
    You N'wah
  • Olaf
    Olaf
    I'll just add my name to the growing list, no sound on anything but cinematic. No idea what character voices I just chose.
  • Ackow
    Ackow
    Did anyone got a fix?
  • Eaodengr
    Eaodengr
    I'm still repairing mine so nothing new :/
  • Pendark
    Pendark
    Same here. German Client.
  • vladimyrangelosnrb19_ESO
    Same problem here, although I'm also having login issues which have been happening since the last beta. I just hope I get to play the game, I don't even care if I have no sound at this point.
  • Evangel_Cottrell
    Olaf wrote: »
    I'll just add my name to the growing list, no sound on anything but cinematic. No idea what character voices I just chose.

I think this is what bugged me the most.
    While I consider the game completely unplayable without proper sound, not knowing what voice I just selected for my main is really disturbing.

I'm up to 54% on the repair. :\
    You N'wah
  • kelisw1ub17_ESO
    kelisw1ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    same here no sound
  • Duskbane
    Duskbane
    I'm starting to wonder why there hasn't been an official comment over this.
  • obnxsh
    obnxsh
    People with no sounds issues - Are you using a fresh launch version or patched beta?
  • Pendark
    Pendark
    Repair works
  • Evangel_Cottrell
    obnxsh wrote: »
    People with no sounds issues - Are you using a fresh launch version or patched beta?

I'm using a patched beta

You N'wah
  • Ackow
    Ackow
    Pendark wrote: »
    Repair works
    Thanks god! xD Really ? Im rapairing right now but already lost almost 2 hours. Cant play withuot sound
  • Dergard
    Dergard
    obnxsh wrote: »

I'm using a patched beta

*sigh* i use a fresh copy. same issues here, btw.
  • Bayoh
    Bayoh
    Did a repair and it finally finished. Sound is working fine now. So spread the word to use repair if a friend is having issues!
  • Evangel_Cottrell
    Bayoh wrote: »
    Did a repair and it finally finished. Sound is working fine now. So spread the word to use repair if a friend is having issues!

67% I'm hoping that this works for me as well.

from another forum
    "HenryH3894 wrote: »
    This is not really a solution or proper fix, but should work temporarily if you are desperate for sound, nor can i assure that this will work for everyone.

Open up youtube or windows media player / itunes, play music then pause it, then run ESO again, thats how it worked for me as for now.
    Like I said, dont take my word for it, may not work for everyone."
    You N'wah