The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

No sound on ESO

• mvlad313
    mvlad313
    LordPokie wrote: »
    I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalled and then repaired and still no audio

I'm having the same issue, what do you run on? Mac/ PC etc?
  • mvlad313
    mvlad313
    Could those of you having this issue please try repairing the client, as a few have suggested?

I have tried to repair 4 times. I uninstalled and reinstalled once, and everything is up to date. All 4 repairs took 5 mins, and I still don't have sound. I am also using a Mac.
  • Heishi
    Heishi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to throw it out there, I'm using the patched beta client and the only sound issue I had was in char creation with the voices. The actual voice acting in game, bgm, and sfx seem to be fine for me. The audio I have is Realtek High Definition Audio version 6.0.1.6378 from back in 2011. I do also have NVIDIA HD Audio drivers, but I'm not using them.
    And so did many brave men, women, and beast fall to the end of Beta, never to be heard from again. All that is left, is whispers of the adventures they had.
  • SK1TZ0FR3N1K
    SK1TZ0FR3N1K
    ✭✭✭
    I actually had this problem the other day outside of ESO. I had sound on everything, but when I loaded up a game, the sound disappeared. What I learned made absolutely no sense whatsoever, but it worked. My Samsung TV that I have connected to my PC as my monitor, has a standby feature. I was told to turn my TV off, then back on, and as soon as I did that, my sound was back on my game. Day 1 in ESO, it happened again, so I turned the TV on and off, and the sound reappeared. Not saying it will fix it for you, but doesn't hurt to try it.
    “There are three kinds of men. The ones that learn by readin’. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” -Will Rogers
  • CanadianPretzel
    Any chance we can get one free voice change, seeing as the audio was bugged during character creation and we couldn't hear the difference?
  • Lenthas
    Lenthas
    Mine is also the beta client updated, yet still no sounds...
  • tspecherb14_ESO
    tspecherb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. Using updated beta client. Had no problem with sound in beta. Now there are no voiceovers/voice sounds.
  • sydnik_ESO
    Same. Nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem, but sad we are all having this problem! I'm using updated beta as well.
  • lovek323
    lovek323
    I was having this problem (mac), but it is now fixed.

I performed the following:
    • Complete re-install of the game (was using the beta client before, now using the latest client freshly downloaded)
    • No longer installed on an external hard drive, now installed on main HDD

Not sure which of these made the difference.
    Edited by lovek323 on April 3, 2014 4:07AM
  • Angrexx95
    Angrexx95
    No sound in game!
    Proper release date and i still have no sound or anything -.-
  • archraider
    I am having a sound problem as well. Going to try update audio drivers....Mac here..
  • ZOS_TristanK
    ZOS_TristanK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, folks. Thank you for your patience. For those of you who still have no sound after following the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread, can you verify for us if the text in your game is in the correct language? Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
  • mortena82b16_ESO2
    Also same problem, tried repairs, clean install... The written launguage is correct = English
  • EdibleSpone
    Same, I haven't had any sound at all (except for intro) and I did the repair and everything. English as well.
  • kumarsalib
    The solution is pretty simple. Uninstall the beta and install the main game. If you delete the old data, you'll have to download it again. If you're hesitant to delete it, you'll still have to repair, which can take just as long.
  • rczerny
    rczerny
    Hello!
    Thank you for taking the time. While my sound is still not working, the in-game language (text) is correctly set to german for me.
    Best regards,
    René

P.s.: I am on a Mac and downloaded the fresh client yesterday.
    P.p.s.: Of course I tried everything that was suggested here, except completely reinstalling. I didn't see the point, as I just installed the whole thing yesterday.
    Hi, folks. Thank you for your patience. For those of you who still have no sound after following the troubleshooting steps listed in this thread, can you verify for us if the text in your game is in the correct language? Thank you.

Edited by rczerny on April 8, 2014 8:25PM
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having an issue in that the sound over time starts disappearing. VO, SFX, ambient, music etc... I did not have this problem in beta, or pre-release. Logging out and back in will fix it, temporarily.

Also interestingly the problem only seems to happen during high peak hours. Play in the morning, and it never happens, play at night with lots of people around and it happens.

Totally a game bug and not on my end. Any fixes? Thanks.
    Edited by AstroCat on April 8, 2014 8:26PM
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    rczerny wrote: »
    Hello!
    Thank you for taking the time. While my sound is still not working, the in-game language (text) is correctly set to german for me.
    Best regards,
    René

P.s.: I am on a Mac and downloaded the fresh client yesterday.
    P.p.s.: Of course I tried everything that was suggested here, except completely reinstalling. I didn't see the point, as I just installed the whole thing yesterday.
    Check out also this thread on the Mac Technical Support section where were are trying to resolve the same problem which doesn't seem to be resolved by the Repair.

Maybe some things also to try.
    Edited by Moonraker on April 10, 2014 10:28PM
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    If you have the time make sure to submit a support ticket. The more people that do it the better chance it will get fixed. Thanks.
  • jsmirnoff77b14_ESO
    Yes. This is persistent. I am submitting a ticket today
  • TwoChains
    TwoChains
    Bayoh wrote: »
    Did a repair and it finally finished. Sound is working fine now. So spread the word to use repair if a friend is having issues!

67% I'm hoping that this works for me as well.

from another forum
    "HenryH3894 wrote: »
    This is not really a solution or proper fix, but should work temporarily if you are desperate for sound, nor can i assure that this will work for everyone.

Open up youtube or windows media player / itunes, play music then pause it, then run ESO again, thats how it worked for me as for now.
    Like I said, dont take my word for it, may not work for everyone."
    Thank you, worked for me!
  • Craig81
    Craig81
    Soul Shriven
    AstroCat wrote: »
    I'm having an issue in that the sound over time starts disappearing. VO, SFX, ambient, music etc... I did not have this problem in beta, or pre-release. Logging out and back in will fix it, temporarily.

Also interestingly the problem only seems to happen during high peak hours. Play in the morning, and it never happens, play at night with lots of people around and it happens.

This is the same issue I'm having. I still get music and environment sound but footsteps and other SFX are being lost after a few minutes. I have sent tickets about this issue but the only solution they can come up with is to run the repair tool and disable/enable my sound card which doesn't help at all. I'm tired of this now and cancelled my subscription.

Soundcard: Asus Xonar DG. I have asked if it could be my soundcard that's the issue but they can't seem to answer that either.

Edited by Craig81 on May 17, 2014 1:06PM
  • Craig81
    Craig81
    Soul Shriven
    kumarsalib wrote: »
    The solution is pretty simple. Uninstall the beta and install the main game. If you delete the old data, you'll have to download it again. If you're hesitant to delete it, you'll still have to repair, which can take just as long.

That isn't a solution. I reinstalled the launcher and game after deleting all the old files (Fresh install) but still have the same issue. The issue is at their end not ours.

Edited by Craig81 on May 17, 2014 12:45PM
  • AstroCat
    AstroCat
    ✭✭✭
    The issue is 100% on ZOE side, there is nothing you can do or your end to fix this problem. It will always be there until they fix. The only "fix" is logging off and on again. Add it to then massive pile of ESO bugs.
  • Craig81
    Craig81
    Soul Shriven
    Ok so switching back to on-board sound seems so have solved my issue. Maybe this game just doesn't agree with some soundcards. I have been playing for 10 minutes with all sounds active. I'll update if there's any changes.
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7472/kw/no sound/session/L3RpbWUvMTQwMDcyMjg1Mi9zaWQvZlY0R21TVWw=

These are the steps that I went through with support over a 40 min phone call. They really did try to help me but it just didn't work. I can tell this is on the ESO side. Otherwise doing these things would have helped. Also my sound would have never worked in the first place. The support team does care though. Where else would i get a 40 min phone call with several call backs trying to get me back to enjoying the game the way it should be. I'll continue to pay and play, I just hope this gets fixed soon. Without the awesome sound to go with it the game just isn't the same. If you find a way to fix your sound issues please let me know and post it here, because we would all like to know.
  • Gisgo
    Gisgo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had this problem on a different game it turned out it was my x box (pc) controller on the wrong port :|
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    WHAT LOL. Just because you had it plugged into the wrong usb? perhaps ill try moving some stuff around brb lol :)
    Edited by jbfroik on May 22, 2014 1:54AM
  • jbfroik
    jbfroik
    ✭✭✭
    I found out what the problem was. I opened the sound mixer while the game was on and somehow ESO was muted by windows. So if you are having this problem check that also. I'll continue to hang out here and check if people have this problem just to kindof pay it forward for all the time support spent with me last night.
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    AstroCat wrote: »

Yes this happens to me also. It happens and I have to relog. Seems there no trigger, it just happens when it likes. I have an X-FI Fatality.