The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What CONCERNS you about the proposed healing changes?

peacenote
peacenote
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I believe we are turning a multifaceted discussion into a binary one.

This poll is my attempt to help quantify our community's opinions regarding the proposed healing changes. (At least, the ones that read the forums.)

There will be a what CONCERNS you and a what EXCITES you version of this poll.
My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
  • Advocate for this HERE.
  • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.

What CONCERNS you about the proposed healing changes? 179 votes

I think it will be impossible for most groups to heal through difficult PvE content like vHOF last boss HM, vAS HM, vCR +1/2/3
6%
ninibiniIruil_ESOBalticBluesZombabe1ElwendryllTsar_GekkouGrognak524FortunattoDosuulcheifsoapmennotje999 11 votes
I think that Templar and Warden healers will become meta and other classes will now struggle as healers
4%
BlueRavenGalenPhlatheaddsalterredspecter23ssorgatemGrandesdarskrvbb10rd 8 votes
I think that this will widen the gap between the "elite raiders" and everyone else
3%
kojouTavore1138crjs1satanioJawshoeuhkapachia 6 votes
I think that this will further reduce the relevancy of healers in most content, because they will be less effective and DPS will increase reliance on self heals
13%
NewBlacksmurfzariaRev RielleWifeaggro13darvariaRomoHallothielfred4EctheliontnacilIlCanis_LupuslIYamiKurukuLadislaophileunderx2JierdanitToastyTheTyrantBluestatIsojukkaredbeard_howardDLMIskiab 24 votes
I think the single casts for Orbs, Springs, and Regeneration will reduce the overall flexibility, mobility, and enjoyment of the healing role
3%
BlkadrMayraelAjax_22AcadianPaladinCompM4sBullseye1914ApostateHobo 7 votes
Some of the Above
12%
driosketchwalkerjonesbooksmcreadcorpsebladeVexariusCorpierListerJMCRinOkumaraSmitch_59Viscous119PzTnTBeatrixLaChancejerrodbuffingtonghastleyezio45MrslizardfaceRakeKamikunYsbrielGrianasteri 23 votes
All of the Above
31%
nexxus_ESOxaraanAlayneStoneArcaneBlueLinaleahFlaminirxeNNNNNFoulSnowpawEdziupeacenoteRustyfish101CP5priforceLucyferLightbringerVaranaAionnacode65536SnowZeniaLadyNalcaryaJhalin 57 votes
Other
6%
Thorntonguerotaugen454RavenSwornDocFrost72Dark_Lord_Kurocentral_scrutinizerFakeFoxGronkJobooAGSjainiadralStarlock 11 votes
What Healing Changes?!?
2%
LordTareqola.wilhelmssonb16_ESOAndrewQ84Ballcap 4 votes
Nothing -- I'm very happy about these changes!!!
15%
daryl.rasmusenb14_ESOAnimal_Motherkypranb14_ESOAlendrinAnkaridankyle06239ub17_ESOxenowarrior92eb17_ESOArwinmitebaKnightpantherRex-UmbraVercingetorixBananaKr3doLadyHeloiseTyharSeraphayelVapirkoKrawchimikemacon 28 votes
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Not at all happy about the matriarch healing nerf on my petsorc. I don't PvP or do group content, so the rest of the changes have little impact on me.
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    All of the Above
    1- they have to do change or some fight will be nearly impossible

2- templar and warden are already meta (templar >>>, all other class) ans this is be way more obvious after this patch if no change is done

3- a lot of People cant even pass vAA we cant deny it, and Now for them it will be nearly impossible to pass through normal

4- yes, because in the current pts state thé only way to pass through some hard fight is to spam combat prayer, great gameplay btw (at least i think, didnt try my self, if someone can give me a feedback it could be great, t'y)

The only change that can be Nice is the orb that can be activate multiple time, but even here it is a nerf for every class except templar cause you have to rush Next to your tank, give him the synergie then go back to your position because the orb is too slow
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    According to some of the threads I've seen once the changes go live I will be all alone in the game because everybody else is quitting. That has me a little concerned because being a healer I need at least one other player around to heal.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    All of the Above
    kargen27 wrote: »
    According to some of the threads I've seen once the changes go live I will be all alone in the game because everybody else is quitting. That has me a little concerned because being a healer I need at least one other player around to heal.

But there will be one good point dude ! No more lag 😏
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the Above
    Genuinely not particularly concerned.

Really don't run much hard mode content, nor do the vast majority of the player base.

I've healed through plenty of vet content without Healing Springs or Orbs at all, so the changes are unlikely to break the ability to run most if not all vet dungeons or trials, so the issue is the small amount of content where this will be an issue.

Sadly for most content, healers are not even required, nor are tanks for that matter if you know the mechs. I do not see these changes altering this sad fact, in fact it may make it worse.

As ever, I'll pass judgement once I have covered plenty of content with the changes. But I do not expect to suddenly abandon healing with my 4 healers, only 2 of which use springs or orbs anyway.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of the Above
    healing springs spam is kill
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the Above
    Reducing the healer role is the greatest concern, but several of the others are also important. If they do the same to tanks, then the "team" nature of most group content will be lost completely.

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    It will significantly lower the skill ceiling by taking reactive play and situational awareness out of the role, by making everything have 100% uptime no matter what. Currently balancing springs against orbs and making sure to throw enough synergies, while also keeping up other buff and debuffs is a massive factor in determining a healers skill, that will be completely lost.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jainiadral wrote: »
    Not at all happy about the matriarch healing nerf on my petsorc. I don't PvP or do group content, so the rest of the changes have little impact on me.

I feel that they should have made adjustments to the Tormentor morph because that's the reason everyone used the Matriarch. ZoS has a habit of nerfing one morph because of its popularity instead of fixing the problems with the other morph that keep it from being used.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it will be impossible for most groups to heal through difficult PvE content like vHOF last boss HM, vAS HM, vCR +1/2/3
    There are already videos floating around with guilds who have cleared content x on live but cannot on PTS. For example; vCRHM
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Too early to be certain, but it seems like a lot of groups that could barely complete vet content will be unable to post update. We need more than a couple data points, but I anticipate problems.
    Edited by rotaugen454 on July 18, 2019 2:01PM
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »
    There are already videos floating around with guilds who have cleared content x on live but cannot on PTS. For example; vCRHM

That's a learning problem for their healers. They'll adapt and eventually clear it just fine. It's folks not wanting to change their routine which is just laziness. People can gear for synergies more effectively through Harmony and slotting more abilities that give synergies. Abilities with synergies that were often ignored in the past are now suddenly valuable and can be worked into a healer's rotation, rather than spamming a few spells ad nauseum.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of the Above

That's a learning problem for their healers. They'll adapt and eventually clear it just fine. It's folks not wanting to change their routine which is just laziness. People can gear for synergies more effectively through Harmony and slotting more abilities that give synergies. Abilities with synergies that were often ignored in the past are now suddenly valuable and can be worked into a healer's rotation, rather than spamming a few spells ad nauseum.

Out of curiousity, which healing synergies would those be? Everything except for the hidden refresh Synergy from nightblades veil and the synergy from their siphoning ult gets used already. Also 20 second Synergy cooldown. Guess we just ask the Assembly General to stop damaging us for 19 seconds in HM execute?
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the Above
    I think it will be impossible for most groups to heal through difficult PvE content like vHOF last boss HM, vAS HM, vCR
    I’m not concerned about trials. People who run trials want the game to be more difficult than it needs to be.

I think that Templar and Warden healers will become meta and other classes will now struggle as healers
    My main concern is for new players. A casual starts the game and putts around until they want to do a dungeon. They don’t have the dps and they don’t want the responsibility of tank so people advise them “heal a few dungeons”. Casual now has to reroll to Templar if they weren’t already just so they reliably give resources back to the group.

I think that this will widen the gap between the "elite raiders" and everyone else
    See above

I think that this will further reduce the relevancy of healers in most content, because they will be less effective and DPS will increase reliance on self heals
    Didn’t consider this because it’s already true. Everyone self heals. However! Self resource return is harder on some classes. The healer isn’t pumping out orbs just for the healing it does, it’s for the resource return as well. Elemental Drain should have stamina steal added to it for one thing. Templars are the only one who have shards. Orbs was shards for everyone else who wanted to heal.

I think the single casts for Orbs, Springs, and Regeneration will reduce the overall flexibility, mobility, and enjoyment of the healing role.
    Yes. The mobility especially.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Other - I really don't know.

The healer character I used to have didn't use any of the skills that are being impacted. I simply got used to not playing "easy mode" healer. I got used to playing a healer where my positioning was very important, and where I had to be more proactive than reactive in a fight. As I understand it, these changes are going to require healers to play more like I had to with that character? I don't really know.

The healer character I have now will be impacted significantly more by these changes, but I'm not concerned about it. I do 4-person dungeons only occasionally, and trials very rarely. I have way more experience tanking in those pieces of content, and if anything I'm concerned about how the healer changes will impact my tank... along with all the other changes that are already going to impact him.
  • cheifsoap
    cheifsoap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cheifsoap wrote: »

I take it youve cleared vCRHM? Have you also tried clearing on PTS? What kind of feedback can you provide to those scrub healers who obviously cannot adapt
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the Above
    reduced healer relevance
    limit healers to templar
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some of the Above
    2 and 5.

Templars and Wardens have the best kits to supplement reduced healing from springs. Additionally, limits of one of each, including rapid regen, means content needing healers will be forced into the stacked groups style of play for most of it, which is rather boring. It means largely ignoring mechanics, and classes that can't power through with their heals will no longer be desired as healers.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • RogueShark
    RogueShark
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the Above
    I'm kind of disappointed to see people recognizing legitimate concerns, but then saying they don't care because they don't do HM trials or whatever. Yikes.

I think all of these are valid concerns depending on the content you do and the class you play. For instance, warden and templar have been meta healers... forever. But this patch, without further updates to other classes, will make them even more desired.

"Adapting" to these changes is going to probably involve only running the meta healers for their extra healing toolkits, or relying on DPS to do part of the healer's job. Neither of these are acceptable, IMO. Should DPS also be required to help tank?

Healers are already irrelevant in 4man content for the most part. They will be moreso with buffs to things like vigor, as well as adding another accessible stam heal.

Groups that are progging hard content will struggle more, as there is less healers can do to cover for mistakes. God forbid anyone wants to try progging vhof HM with a sorc healer.

Tools to deal with "oh crap!" moments are limited, now, and in optimal gameplay will leave a lot of dead time between managing buffs/debuffs.

It's all just bad, but moreso for non-templars/wardens doing more difficult content.
    PC NA
    Will heal DPS for memes.
  • HaemaMagus
    HaemaMagus
    ✭✭
    Some of the Above
    Mainly #2 but some of the other options hold truth for me.
    Dunmer Templar Healer
    Bosmer Nightblade Healer
    Dunmer Sorcerer Healer
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I fear people will be judgemental when dps and tanks start swapping gear and abilities to compensate for this change.

Yes, in a Vet score run you should be looking to squeeze every amount of efficiency that you can out of your build.

Anywhere else I'll be wearing fort brass in PvE. At least the healer will have no issues using hots to keep me alive.
  • iLLcrime
    iLLcrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of the Above
    I don't like any of the changes really. I however am disgusted by the fact that you're taking non-meta healers pretty much completely off the table with these changes. So much for play how you like, right?

The changes being made will make a lot of the heal checks in vet trial content incredibly hard to impossible for 2 healers and will also create a larger gap between the elite and everyone else. If you think the ratio of how harder content was getting completed before this patch Zos, wait until this goes live and all the casual people start to complain that it's too hard again.

With healers already not wanted/needed in most 4 man content, these changes will make this even more problematic and it almost feels like they're just trying to get rid of the healer class in general.
    I put on my robe and wizard hat
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps they’ll remove classes at some point and stop “rebalancing” or what some call nerfing and breaking classes.

I’m a Templar who initially was a healer but now it seems pointless. Later with Morrowind I thought to try again to roll a new class...

I’d rather this no longer be modeled after DAoC or any trinity ideas and have a drastic overhaul to mimic Oblivion or Morrowind where players evolve based on what they do and don’t do.

Yep that would basically mean removing almost all the cookie cutter abilities and relying on weapon and new abilities but on topic. Healing with the mechanics needed to play just doesn’t make much sense anymore.

If you can’t put out decent DPS and heal ppl won’t take you on raids so...(Xbox One mainly)
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Due to so many changes, I think it will be best to play with those changes for a week or two, in a non-PTS enviro, before we'll get a semi-solid idea of their impact on our builds.
  • Gronk
    Gronk
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    Other I am concerned that the new plans will not cover pre-existing conditions. And that out of network expenses are going to leave most khajiits and Nords ineligible for decent healthcare job opportunities.
    Old Guard since Jan 2014
    "Read more, Post less."
  • iLLcrime
    iLLcrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of the Above
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    Due to so many changes, I think it will be best to play with those changes for a week or two, in a non-PTS enviro, before we'll get a semi-solid idea of their impact on our builds.

This is what happens tho.. "Just wait until they go live, I'm sure they won't let the patch go out as is" "Just give it a couple weeks on live" blah blah blah. Same thing regurgitated over and over until it's been a year and it still sucks. That's a hard pass for me, I'll state my issues here and now in an attempt to get things changed before it's too late.
    I put on my robe and wizard hat
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Healer relevance is the biggest issue I think.

Someone mentioned the damaging orbs morph is good dps. I mean, after that people will need to rethink strategies.

Everything all at once changes the game so drastically I have no idea how things will pan out.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 19, 2019 2:46AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the Above
    Its not just the "enough healing" but how the mechanics on some dungeons work that you have to separate the boss from either a mini boss or adds while DDs do their thing, if healer is not a Templar he is able to give at least an orb to tank as well as DD. that orb no doesn't even go further than 18m with speed reduced, they could at least had done it that you can only launch 2 Orbs
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RogueShark wrote: »
    Should DPS also be required to help tank?

Arguably, they are already, from Banished Cells onward. :)

Seriously, sorcerers were able to help with healing while pet builds were good. Magblades helped with healing until that got nerfed. Echoing Vigor has long helped, but I suspect people are supposed to use the selfish morph now. DPS magplars could help with Power of the Light, but that heal has now been nerfed somewhat.

It seems that the healer job is being made harder and more necessary at once.
  • danara
    danara
    ✭✭✭
    All of the Above
    RogueShark wrote: »
    Should DPS also be required to help tank?

Arguably, they are already, from Banished Cells onward. :)

Seriously, sorcerers were able to help with healing while pet builds were good. Magblades helped with healing until that got nerfed. Echoing Vigor has long helped, but I suspect people are supposed to use the selfish morph now. DPS magplars could help with Power of the Light, but that heal has now been nerfed somewhat.

It seems that the healer job is being made harder and more necessary at once.

Im not sure with "necessary". How i feel Right now as a healer is that we already are not needed/wanted for most dunjeons/normal trial, keep in mind that the hardest HM (dunjeons) are easier with 3 dd than 2dd + 1 healer.

And about the vet trial, im not sure but i start to believe that, get 10 dd than Who can self heal and sustain will be stronger than 8 dd and 2 healers...