The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

New Dro-m'athra Senche Mount

Vorcil
Vorcil
✭✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3rQQgho9U4

I don't mind glowing cats, at least there is some Khajjit'ish backlore; flame and ice horses though...

When do the Dro-m'athra Senches drop?
Edited by Vorcil on March 20, 2016 10:33PM
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorcil wrote: »
    I love how it spawns

I agree! I hate how the other mounts just fade in and out of existence.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly what is wrong witha flame or ice horse? Our characters are so powerful that we're able to summon up/converse with Shalidor. Some of us can even summon atronachs. Why is this so amazing?
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Vorcil
    Vorcil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly what is wrong witha flame or ice horse? Our characters are so powerful that we're able to summon up/converse with Shalidor. Some of us can even summon atronachs. Why is this so amazing?

Because they don't exist in any lore, in any stories anywhere.

If there were old books and stories about frost horses that nords rode then maybe. But there isn't.

Atronachs and all the other daedric creatures actually have hundreds of backstories about their creation, why they've come to exist, their behaviorism, metaphysics and literally everything you can think of in Elderscrolls Cannon.

Fire horses and frost horses were just made up for a quick buck
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will be my new favorite mount. I hope it is affordable.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    That will be my new favorite mount. I hope it is affordable.

5k crowns lol

you know what? ill take it :P
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll be adding to my collection too. Wants the frost horse to make another appearance in the crown store as well.
    Edited by phairdon on March 22, 2016 7:31AM
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool, especially the entrance; would be worth revisiting all the current mounts and give them a new animated entrance as well. Like having the horse gallop up a few yards and the player mounting as they run by, etc.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it out already?
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »
    Very cool, especially the entrance; would be worth revisiting all the current mounts and give them a new animated entrance as well. Like having the horse gallop up a few yards and the player mounting as they run by, etc.

This would make me so very happy!
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morimizo wrote: »

Awesome idea :D
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be getting this. The senche mounts are the only ones that don't give me motion sickness :/
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    negbert wrote: »
    I'll be getting this. The senche mounts are the only ones that don't give me motion sickness :/

Yeah :(
    For me , horses are fine too, but bear mount's animation... :#
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely love that they have FINALLY justified these kinds of mounts in game and, as such, I will be buying this mount when it drops.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5k crowns no eta
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tempting just because of that animation-intro effect.

I thought I had enough Senche-mounts, but I think I might get this one too.
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like my striped senche. The fact it could never be purchased and must have been earned is the main reason. Ya this looks cool but think about it. Everyone is going to have one. I prefer unique items.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay 5k crowns for a mount if they gave me the 5k crowns free...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like my striped senche. The fact it could never be purchased and must have been earned is the main reason. Ya this looks cool but think about it. Everyone is going to have one. I prefer unique items.

Why not both?

Give it two months, and almost no one will be using it. Like my Nord Hero Costume that keeps confounding people.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want it. I don't even care how much it is lol. I'm waiting on this mount, the assistants, and the Bosmer outfits I saw.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want it. I don't even care how much it is lol. I'm waiting on this mount, the assistants, and the Bosmer outfits I saw.

I think I missed the new Bosmer outfits.
  • Zabus
    Zabus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was disappointed it wasn't in the crown store today.. I'm gonna buy it regardless of what it costs lol.
    Zavus - Khajiit Nightblade EP | AR 50
    Zāv - Imperial Templar | AR 24
    Zavbags - Argonian Nightblade EP | AR 19
    Zabus - Redguard Nightblade DC | AR 13
    Negate Three - Breton Sorcerer EP | AR 19
  • ninjaguyman
    ninjaguyman
    ✭✭✭
    flame and frost horses? they'll come out with flame and frost senches at this rate.... Id buy a frost senche tbh lol
    Characters:
    AD breton nb: Shadowshinobi
    DC Altmer magicka nb: merc shot
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If there were old books and stories about frost horses that nords rode then maybe. But there isn't.

Atronachs and all the other daedric creatures actually have hundreds of backstories about their creation, why they've come to exist, their behaviorism, metaphysics and literally everything you can think of in Elderscrolls Cannon.

Uhmm are there stories about Dro-m'athra Senche mounts? Could you post a link?

I mean, tbh not many lore books specifically mentioned who was riding what. I don't remember any mentions of guars, usual senches, soulshriven steeds etc. being used as mounts. The absence of proof is not the proof of absence. Just because something wasn't mentioned - doesn't mean it didn't exist. Maybe it was so common that authors didn't bother? Maybe those books were just destroyed and we didn't get to read them in 4E?

Interregnum itself is mentioned very briefly and with no detail. Pretty much everything in ESO is new lore. Maybe flame and ice horses were there but then nirn mages lost spells that summoned those mounts? or broke the contract or something.

The entire game, most pets (and the fact that they could be tamed and accompany people), many stories/quests, some locations, and all other mounts except for horses were just made up for a quick buck. I don't see how it's different. There are no backstories about guar-mounts or frogdragons or dromathra senche mounts or 4man dungeons/trials etc. Maybe they'll add backstories later to justify flame and ice horses :)
    Edited by Artis on March 22, 2016 7:46AM
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5K?????????????
    REALLY??????????????
    IS INSANE...
    Signature

• Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A lack of lore is a lousy excuse maybe no one documented it maybe the lorebook was on that pile of notes that doshia had we burned? We got arvik in skyrim I don't see any lore on flaming spirit zombie bone horses from the soul gem realm.

We got frozen ice men that attack us in direfrost keep maybe our horse is Just one of those in horse form. Maybe our fire horse is a daesric steed from mehrunes dagon because ya know princes can create daedra and summon them as they please and each seems to have their own daedra types for their realms. maybe he's like yo dawg running sucks ima make a horse too bland ima make it on fire yeah!! Screw lore I'm mehrunes dagon!! Ain't no man or mer watching me make stuff.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the low-key natural looking mounts like the black horse or the tiger senche, riding on some frost or fire horse etc makes me feel like im playing some high-fantasy game like WoW or LoL

PC EU
    PvP only
  • SlayerTheDragon
    SlayerTheDragon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's the evidence for the 5K crown cost? I like it but I will never pay that price.
    [snip]

[edited for inappropriate content]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on March 22, 2016 10:00PM
    ¤═══¤ People don't like it when you talk to them with your weapon drawn ¤═══¤