The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

How are these LIGHT robes ZOS???

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Bear with me on the following picture spam. I have a point to make. So, here are several types of light robes in the game:

Khajiit
morna3_zpscvwl0x59.png

Breton
MornaBreton_zps9ddwprbn.png

The old Redguard (SIGH)
MornaRed_zpsivtabz66.png

Imperial
MA15_zps5ohlhgv8.png

Necromancer
MA13_zpszxsym3qy.png

Ancient Orc
M1_zpsulqsmoky.png

Notice how closely fitted to the body they are. Which makes sense since they are CLOTH. But NOW there are these..
MRA2_zpsgczlag6l.png

MRA3_zpsrh9klwuv.png

MRA1_zpsik7smboq.png

What the heck ZOS??? Okay so maybe you were tryingto make it look like these "robes" have a metal cuirass over them. But frankly, if I WANTED a metal curiass I'd WEAR one! PLEASE...make SOME effort to make what are supposed to be cloth robes LOOK like cloth rather than some monstrosity of BADLY DONE metal armor that wildly distorts my poor character's body. That'd be great. Thanks.

EDITING TO ADD: I originally thought the horrible shape distortion was a deliberate attempt on the part of ZOS to mimic metal armor on light robes. I have since found out via this thread that this is not the case. Instead, they simply can no longer be bothered to DESIGN armor for FEMALE characters and instead rely on DISTORTING the shape of MALE armor when it is worn by female characters. This is just flat out shoddy workmanship, corner cutting at its worst. And frankly, just a bit sexist. Whose decision was this anyway???? FIX IT ZOS, YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!
Edited by MornaBaine on February 23, 2016 11:49AM
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What point?
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think he/she is done making his/her point.

More pics incoming I think
    Edited by Katahdin on February 22, 2016 5:35PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are only 3 different light robes in game? o.O
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont get it... youre missing a pic of imperial i think. heres one.

Imperial-Ancestor-Silk-Female-Robe-Front.jpg

not sure what the point is tho.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    big boobies
    Edited by Voxicity on February 22, 2016 5:40PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I don't think he/she is done making his/her point.

More pics incoming I think

Correct! A "helpful" cat bumped my arm alas! LOL OP is now finished.

• KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't take the alliance styles away from us they're some of the best looking armor in the game D:
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Lafer
    Lafer
    ✭✭
    Its not cloth amor its called light amor ...
    Healordiet templar healer
    Gigi Lafer magicka Sorc
    Tankotank Dk tank
    Ebonpact cp531 Na Ps4.

Quebec Machine leader.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And don't get me wrong, the detail on these last 2 robes is pretty amazing. BUT we already have that look for the heavy armor versions. How much more AMAZING it would have been had they made these robes look as though these embellishments were EMBROIDERED instead of hammered metal.
    Edited by MornaBaine on February 22, 2016 5:42PM

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lafer wrote: »
    Its not cloth amor its called light amor ...

Touche'! LOL And I get the leather looking bits they insist on using on a lot of it. I just feel like we HAVE plenty of HEAVY armor in the game without having to make LIGHT ARMOR look like just more of the same.

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't take the alliance styles away from us they're some of the best looking armor in the game D:

The detail is beautiful. I just really dislike the way it distorts the character body. It makes sense for HEAVY armor, not for LIGHT armor.

• NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you be specific to your concern?

Not for me but if I'm ZOS, I don't think your feedback is clear or your question, etc.
    Light armor....specifically from a historical standpoint doesn't mean cloth only.

Metal, leather, etc. are all light armor. Even light plate and mail
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 22, 2016 6:09PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I see is super bad clipping.
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The armor is great, the distortion is not.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    Out of all the problems in the world?? There is nothing wrong with a robe being reinforced with metal details.
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can't put my hand to the link right now but I have a distinct recollection that, around the time of the changes to Redguard and Orcish armor, ZOS let slip that they no longer make separate female torso models for any new armor but simply deform the male model a bit. Could we be seeing the results of that here?
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the OP. These faction light armors need to be much more form fitting.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't put my hand to the link right now but I have a distinct recollection that, around the time of the changes to Redguard and Orcish armor, ZOS let slip that they no longer make separate female torso models for any new armor but simply deform the male model a bit. Could we be seeing the results of that here?

Oh dear Divines, I HOPE you're wrong about that! @ZOS_GinaBruno tell me this isn't true!!!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marrtha wrote: »
    Out of all the problems in the world?? There is nothing wrong with a robe being reinforced with metal details.

Nope, there's not. Except when the result looks like...well...a word that starts with C and ends with P. :neutral:

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daraugh wrote: »
    The armor is great, the distortion is not.

Exactly this!

• Marrtha
    Marrtha
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Marrtha wrote: »

Nope, there's not. Except when the result looks like...well...a word that starts with C and ends with P. :neutral:

Yeah I can agree on that they failed with the models. They failed big time lol. I remember this being an issue with the armor from the IC, but I thought they fixed that?
    Use @Marrtha when replying!
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wat?
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DC light robe makes my normally lithe Argonian gal look like she is massively pregnant ballooning her chest and behind:/
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I think the alliance stuff looks awesome
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Oh dear Divines, I HOPE you're wrong about that! @ZOS_GinaBruno tell me this isn't true!!!

Found it! See ESO Live at 00:35:20.
  • Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What style is this in the last 2 pictures?
    Although I do agree that light armor should be rather cloth than metal, I kinda like these styles in the last 2 pictures^^
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Moonshadow66
    Moonshadow66
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Quoted Content Removed]

Where exactly did you see her raging??
    Also, this IS important to all that want robes to be robes. If it's not important to YOU however, you're in the wrong thread, I guess.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on February 22, 2016 8:56PM
    Venus Ocean - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Gixia - Breton Sorceress VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Frances Demnevanni - Breton Dragonknight VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Raygee - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero
    Lady Olivieri - Breton Nightblade VR16, EP, Tamriel Hero | Donna Demnevanni - Breton Templar VR16, DC, Tamriel Hero
    Elaine Benes - Breton Templar VR16, EP | Ray McCluck - Breton Sorcerer VR16, EP
    Moonshadow Demnevanni - Dunmer Dragonknight Lvl 50, EP | Jamie Stacey - Redguard Templar Lvl 50, EP
    Caia Cosades - Imperial Nightblade, EP

• Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the "battlemage" look that the alliance light armor have (that goes for all 3, although Dominion is by far my favorite).

It is important to have options. There are lots of options for what you like, so why not a few options for what other people like?
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »
    I like the "battlemage" look that the alliance light armor have (that goes for all 3, although Dominion is by far my favorite).

It is important to have options. There are lots of options for what you like, so why not a few options for what other people like?

What I honestly really object to is the distortion of the character model. You can't possibly tell me that looks good or right.

• Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is, even if they were going for a chest plate look, it's still not done well. The chest looks like a balloon ending in a weirdly tiny waist. I don't mind different styles of light armour as long as it's done well, but the model on this just isn't, which is a shame because the textures are quite nice.
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.