Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

How are these LIGHT robes ZOS???

• Kelces
    Kelces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabbycat wrote: »
    That looks like the bodice of dresses women wore during the middle ages, minus the sofa hips.

http://medievalfashion2013.weebly.com/medieval-fashion-for-women.html

But yeah, there were some really ugly fashions back in the day.

Looks like we have the source of bad taste here, almost identical to the screenshots (chest).
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    It would really be nice if the materials you were gathering to craft things actually had some relevance to how they ended up looking. SIGH

There are different grades of looks, but they are just minor and on lower levels. I don't see, how this could be changed now, since the style material determines how they look.
    Edited by Kelces on February 24, 2016 1:00PM
    You reveal yourself best in how you play.

Kelces - Argonian Templar
    Farel Donvu - Dark Elf Sorcerer
    Navam Llervu - Dark Elf Dragonknight
    Aniseth - Wood Elf Warden
    Therediel - Wood Elf Templar
    Nilonwy - Wood Elf Nightblade
    Jurupari - Argonian Warden
    Kú-Chulainn - Argonian Sorcerer
    PC - EU
    For the Pact!
    Options
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't agree. For me there could be even more of those metal elements. I don't want my sorc (who needs to use the light gear because of the magicka passives) to look like he wears pyjamas or dressing-gown.
    Options
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's really no excuse for the distortion considering it's basically just two different models they have to manage. All the races share the same basic torso model. If you look at a game like World of Warcraft that has 13 races that are wildly different and then you have male and female, that is 26 differences.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is also considered light, I like the look of it but the chest and shoulders look a lot like steel to me.

Screenshot-35.png

See, this is how it looks on a MALE character model, which is great! And yeah, pretty obviously this is meant to look like there are metal portions to the "light" armor. While I find that puzzling it's not my main source of annoyance. THAT is caused by the deformation of female characters wearing this armor!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MRA1_zpsik7smboq.png

Wow... that looks like she's making a very poor attempt at sneaking food into the cinema! Please tell me they're fixing that before the DLC is released?

And while we're on the topic of clothing distorting body shapes, some of the Crown Store costumes seriously alter female bodies as well. I previewed the 'Noble Dress' on one of my characters and it looked like she'd spontaneously removed her intestines it made her waist so narrow! For some reason, my male characters had no issues with losing organs with this same dress.

Screenshot_20160205_195024.png

The 'Corseted Riding Outfit' I tried on the same character restores her organs but makes her torso very square and closer to my male Altmer's body model.

Screenshot_20160205_195112.png

Definitely seems like female body models are being left behind to me, I have to agree with this thread.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are we discussing the metal parts or the art design that make females look like dudes?
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So are we discussing the metal parts or the art design that make females look like dudes?

I think there are a lot of things being discussed here. What I understood was that the OP thought the body distortion was coming from the metal parts so it started off as that, but has since realised it's just ZOS not making armor for female body types and instead distorting male armor to try and look more feminine (and failing horribly).

If that's wrong I'm sorry for going off-topic I misinterpreted the post :#.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

I think there are a lot of things being discussed here. What I understood was that the OP thought the body distortion was coming from the metal parts so it started off as that, but has since realised it's just ZOS not making armor for female body types and instead distorting male armor to try and look more feminine (and failing horribly).

O K....
    well...yeah the girls need to look like...ya know exaggerated video game girls (not to the extreme, just like launch) and men need to be different. I'm hoping this is not off topic, but the metal stuff seems normal to me and is fine.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the last one is inspired in Italian plate armors, because of the bulkiness in front.

Italian_-_Sallet_-_Walters_51580.jpg
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are EXACTLY right actually. Thank you for explaining for folks! :)

Options
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You are EXACTLY right actually. Thank you for explaining for folks! :)

Oh, awesome - I thought I'd gone on a tangent and confused everyone there!
    Options
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is also considered light, I like the look of it but the chest and shoulders look a lot like steel to me.

Screenshot-35.png

See, this is how it looks on a MALE character model, which is great! And yeah, pretty obviously this is meant to look like there are metal portions to the "light" armor. While I find that puzzling it's not my main source of annoyance. THAT is caused by the deformation of female characters wearing this armor!

Here's the screenshot of this armor style on a female character model.

eso-imperial-city-ep-light-female-robe-1.jpg
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kelces wrote: »
    SO in context....some feel that light armor should only consist of cloth like materials?

Light armor is just depicting weight.

Cloth can be very heavy if sewn and constructed with padding and such.
    There are metal armors int he medieval times that look like plate armor but due to complexities learned in metal working, these armors were actually extremely light.

Also, as we level up, the armor is drastically raised so as current materials determine the armor value, I think its logical for some of the light armor to replicate looks of part metal, part leather and part cloth or any mix of the three.

Yes, it should. Gathering Spidersilk and Ancestorsilk for example should logically result in the corresponding products. Something a clothier understands.

There is even a real life example, that hardy material spun into a thin fabric can provide some quite firm protection:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BioSteel
    If you really want to go hardcore reality-check on it :wink:

SCIENCE FTW!!!!!! B)

Not so fast!

You might make your armour out of silk, but you also incorporate nickel or bone or flint or palladium... not to mention diamond, sapphire, quartz...

Maybe even glass :)
    Options
  • Calandrae
    Calandrae
    ✭✭✭✭
    The new armors look cool - but horrible on females, based on the pictures in this thread. The chest area is totally distorted. I'll be very disappointed that I can't wear any of those, as all my characters are female.

If Zos has really stopped to design their new armor models to fit females as well as males, that's pretty disgusting. Females are not some extension or minority, they are half of population. Not "the other half", just half. Why not choose the female body model, start from that and then just slap it on the males, if the resources are so tight? Why is it females that end up looking ridiculous?
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. The last picture is disgusting.

Apparently I have no need or want to even attempt getting those motifs - I have all females characters, and I prefer they don't look like their torso should look like it was made from a fully inflated balloon.

I don't consider this acceptable at all. As I saw here on an earlier post it looks fantastic on a male. I'm perfectly fine with having light armor be partial meal, but it needs to look good - end of story.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Heartflutter* ahhhh The Olde Redguard Light *cry* I still miss it.
    Options
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess the last one is inspired in Italian plate armors, because of the bulkiness in front.

Italian_-_Sallet_-_Walters_51580.jpg

*Art thou jingling?*
    Options
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Screenshot-35.png

Aww thank you for saying my main looks great :blush: . Also i should point that its light armor indicating weight not materials used in it, we use cloth in it for the sake of not having 20 different type of crafting materials in order to make a light armor piece that would wreck everyone's bags, having some parts being plated in metal doesn't mean the armor is not light in weight.
    Edited by Ra'Shtar on February 24, 2016 6:46PM
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »

Screenshot-35.png

Aww thank you for saying my main looks great :blush:

He really does! :)

Options