The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Thieves Guild on PTS - 2/3/16

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
We're excited to announce that the Thieves Guild DLC game pack and base game patch will be available on the PTS tomorrow! We'll officially begin maintenance at 10:00am EST (even though the PTS will continue to be down until then) and will likely last several hours. During that time, we'll publish the patch notes so you have some reading material. We'll also post the testing suggestions and feedback we're looking for, in addition to some testing events.

All North American PC megaserver characters will be copied first with the stamp being taken at midnight tonight, and European megaserver character copies will be in the coming weeks. We'll also be supplying you with a VR16 character template for testing.

We can't wait to have you join the Thieves Guild, and anxiously await your feedback!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 AM EST is 3 PM GMT, for those interested.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
  • Fat_Cat45
    Fat_Cat45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing I have a question about...

Since the weekly rewards will be revamped for the trials leaderboards, would it be possible to shorten the length it resets to a few days?

If it remains a week long then we can only experience it 4 or 5 times before it goes live. It would be more difficult to notice patterns in drop rates, what can drop, and so on, and then provide feedback/suggestions for it.
  • LazyLewis
    LazyLewis
    ✭✭✭✭
    GIVE US THE PATCH NOTES
    DC - Chunky Nurse - Chunky Ninja - Chunky Dragon - Fabulously Chunky
    AD - Chunky Nurse - Ashenn - Yorkshire Pudding
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno any rough idea on download size for PC?
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LazyLewis wrote: »
    GIVE US THE PATCH NOTES
    Now, now. The Natch Potes thread will be up tomorrow.

Everyone get your memes ready.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    oh yeah!! can`t wait to check that out on PTS!!!

• Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice
  • Desimator
    Desimator
    ✭✭
    Any notice on the champ point level of templates for all in EU?

Will it be 300 again 501 or somewhere in between?
    10am is 4 in the afternoon 6-8 hrs maintenance I'd imagine few hrs to download so Thursday testing when work is done shame was off today and tomorrow
    Edited by Desimator on February 2, 2016 11:16PM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better have some nice changes for stamina templars in those notes. :)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Paulington wrote: »
    Not yet, we'll know the exact size tomorrow.

Desimator wrote: »

Templates will have 300 Champion Points.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just waiting for those Natch Potes or Patch notes, I want to see whats going to change and whats happening with the theives guild update!.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    Just waiting for those Natch Potes or Patch notes, I want to see whats going to change and whats happening with the theives guild update!.

Same
  • Husan
    Husan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Better have some nice changes for stamina templars in those notes. :)

/signed

Seriously though. I'll just switch to stamina NB FOTM FOTY if I don't like the changes.
  • Zaenidd
    Zaenidd
    ✭✭✭
    exited to test new content /hype

but

will we have new sets with templates (i mean at creation, in those boxes we had last time with orsinium patch) ? old sets ? craftable sets (or researched traits at least) ?

thx
    Edited by Zaenidd on February 2, 2016 11:37PM
    Serveur EU - Pacte
    Co-GM de l'Escouade Sauvage - Guilde PVE escouadesauvage.guildi.com

Zaen Telvayn - DK magic dps v16 - vMoL 79.578 (37min30sec)
    Zaenia - Nightblade tank v16

All In Game PVE content cleared (except vMol HM)
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why only 300? Every end-game guild that wants to test has capped characters so why not let us just recreate our own characters? Testing is useless as our builds are predicated around our CP numbers. Just, why? Anyone that doesn't have 300 CP or above can just spend less.

There is a whole thread on the things templates need to have to make testing in any way meaningful, have any been implemented?
    Edited by Paulington on February 2, 2016 11:47PM
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yessssssss
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why only 300? Every end-game guild that wants to test has capped characters so why not let us just recreate our own characters? Testing is useless as our builds are predicated around our CP numbers. Just, why? Anyone that doesn't have 300 CP or above can just spend less.

There is a whole thread on the things templates need to have to make testing in any way meaningful, have any been implemented?

so much this..... most people that will seriously test this stuff will have more than 300 CP and are most likely above cap..... limiting templates to 300 is pointless.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
  • Lettigall
    Lettigall
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's probably because new trial is made to be doable with 300CP. Playing with characters with 501CP won't give them necessary data.
    Some men just want to watch the world burn... I just want a cold beer!
  • GeertKarel
    GeertKarel
    ✭✭✭
    I have 500 champion points for quite some time, but remember we are testing it not only for ourself.
    We are testing it even for the players that have around 200-300 champion points, to see how hard it is and to see if it is still possible to complete the dungeons.

One thing im afraid of is that zenimax will add vr16 gear, the new sets that will drop but then they are giving us a 7 piece set instead of sets people would actually raid with. But then again I don't have a clue... we have to see it when it launches.
    Server: EU Pact
    Guild: Hodor
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the DLC isn't just for endgame players, it's for everyone who plays and seeing the average is currently about 300CP across all platforms this is what they need tested to ensure its balanced enough for the majority of players, end-game players with MAX CP are still currently the minority, yes believe it this is fact. Sorry.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because the DLC isn't just for endgame players, it's for everyone who plays and seeing the average is currently about 300CP across all platforms this is what they need tested to ensure its balanced enough for the majority of players, end-game players with MAX CP are still currently the minority, yes believe it this is fact. Sorry.

These non-endgame players can spend less CP then if they wish to, they can recreate their own character on live but capped people can't? Having 501 pleases everyone.

Whilst ZOS do need data on whether the Trial is doable with 300 CP I am sure they already have a lot of that from internal testing and outside of bug fixes they got that pretty spot on with vMA. I just find it a little arbitrary that they give us less than the cap.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

In the past there used to be bugs that only occured if you had more than a certain amount of cp.
    So you're telling me you don't want those bugs to be found, because the majority of the players won't be able to exploit them?
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is this a problem with CP?

If it is that much of a concern to you wouldn't your imported characters already have 501 CP?
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

These non-endgame players can spend less CP then if they wish to, they can recreate their own character on live but capped people can't? Having 501 pleases everyone.

Whilst ZOS do need data on whether the Trial is doable with 300 CP I am sure they already have a lot of that from internal testing and outside of bug fixes they got that pretty spot on with vMA. I just find it a little arbitrary that they give us less than the cap.

If the content works with 300 CP it will work with 501 CP otherwise use your own character to test the content and bugs. This is the best of both worlds and pleases everyone (EDIT: Well everyone but a few on the forum here anyway).
    Edited by James-Wayne on February 3, 2016 1:08AM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If it is that much of a concern to you wouldn't your imported characters already have 501 CP?

They do, except EU don't get them for two weeks which means we're testing for two weeks with characters that aren't anything like our Live ones. At least with 501 CP and good gear we can 100% recreate our live characters.

The way the template system works means we have to completely re-engineer our builds just for the PTS, same with NA in two weeks time. Why not just give us the cap and the gear (see the suggestion thread) so everyone can test how they like.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do, except EU don't get them for two weeks which means we're testing for two weeks with characters that aren't anything like our Live ones. At least with 501 CP and good gear we can 100% recreate our live characters.

The way the template system works means we have to completely re-engineer our builds just for the PTS, same with NA in two weeks time. Why not just give us the cap and the gear (see the suggestion thread) so everyone can test how they like.

What are you missing by playing your character two weeks later when some of the bigger bugs have hopefully been squashed?

If I remember correctly the last time a DLC was posted on the PTS when the EU characters were imported I lost my NA characters. It all evens out.
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What are you missing by playing your character two weeks later when some of the bigger bugs have hopefully been squashed?

If I remember correctly the last time a DLC was posted on the PTS when the EU characters were imported I lost my NA characters. It all evens out.

People like using their characters and people like trying new things when they are released, not fourteen days later. I don't think this is such a difficult concept.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »

It's probably because new trial is made to be doable with 300CP. Playing with characters with 501CP won't give them necessary data.

Sigh...Then the new trial is going to be farm mode all too quickly.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruben wrote: »

People like using their characters and people like trying new things when they are released, not fourteen days later. I don't think this is such a difficult concept.

Patience isn't difficult to master either unless one feels "special".
  • PhaeroX
    PhaeroX
    ✭✭
    Lettigall wrote: »

Sigh...Then the new trial is going to be farm mode all too quickly.

Bend it just so you can take a dump on it. Dude, focus on something positive.
    @Phaero_X --- PC/NA/AD -- Carpe Diem