The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Idea] higher difficulty, better reward and better endgame player

Apherius
Apherius
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi ! we d'ont have French C.M ! it's why i create this post in the english forum .

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/fr/discussion/comment/2577953#Comment_2577953 . ^^ if a C.M can read this ... thanks a lot ^^
Edited by Apherius on January 9, 2016 8:05PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you have the lien of the french post : i trad you what we say in english ^^:

We think the game is much easy for Goodgamer . so we went a little systeme:

-A NEW mode for dungeon ( normal / vet / AND vet + for goodgamer )

- and with the mode vet + . we went Much loot ^^ much gold , Much xp , and maybe a Platine key ^^

so this is the traduction of my french post . ( sorry for my bad english :/ , say me if you d'ont understand something ^^ or if you think it's a bad or good idea ) .
    Edited by Apherius on January 8, 2016 6:45PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the… brutality of this post, but we indeed lack a french CM. We will translate any idea we get and then open a proper english thread, fell free to add your idea too :)
  • Xarc
    Xarc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Should be usefull to have french cm.
    Many things reported in french forum, many good ideas, bugs reported, etc.

Dont ignore us pls.
    Edited by Xarc on January 8, 2016 7:04PM
    @xarcs FR-EU-PC -
    "La mort, c'est surfait.", Xarc
    Xãrc -- breton necro - DC - AvA rank50
    Xarcus -- imperial DK - DC - AvA rank50
    Elnaa - breton NB - DC - AvA rank50
    Xärc -- breton NB - DC - AvA rank47
    Isilenil - Altmer NB - AD - AvA rank41
    Felisja - Bosmer NB - DC - AvA rank39
    Xàrc - breton necro - DC - AvA rank27
    Xalisja - bosmer necro - DC - AvA rank16
    kàli - redguard templar - DC - AvA rank32
    - since april.2014
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's a good MMO which is called Dungeons and Dragons online. So in this game there are 4 difficulty modes for dungeons: http://ddowiki.com/page/Difficulty . Moreover, they adjust to how many players are in the dungeon. So if you play 4 people - it will be harder then you play solo.
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Balabù
    Balabù
    Communauté
    RoyJade wrote: »
    Actually, only three dungeons give us a real challenge : City of Ash, White Gold tower and the Imperial prison (all in veteran mode, of course). And it's not a real big challenge, especially with all the nerf.
    As a result, more and more player are bored because they know how to play and the reward are nearly garbage with a awful loot chance. We can do the dungeon half a hundred time and don't get any good loot. No difficulty, no reward, just time wasted.

Don't misunderstand : we don't want a stat boost for the enemy. We want strategy, we want difficult fight with some strategic boss and without an "all packed burst strat". The possessed mantikora, but also some boss in the two imperial dungeon bring some interesting strategy, but we need similar difficulty in every dungeon (at least veteran one).
    One thing we'll be glad to have is an another difficulty step, a hard mode for the entire dungeon, with these new strat, some very, very difficult fight and a far better loot (100% helm drop or something like this). The difficulty must be really high but also rewarding. I know that only a few player will be able to do these hard mode, but other players won't lose anything because they aren't anything new (exactly like the normal mode for Imperial dungeon when doing the gold daily, but with v16 and helm drop).

That's our first idea. But the game, in our opinion, has a second problem. We find more and more players who spam light and heavy attack without using skill, who don't know that we can interrupt a casting target, we don't know how to block a heavy attack or using a stamina weapon with a magicka build (and not two sword/2 handed sword, even bow, axe and stamina skill with their magicka one). And they are v16 players. Why ? Just because the game never give them any reason to think to their build. They can do nearly everything from level 1 to v16 with half of the dungeon completed with every build, even the worst one. And that's a big problem. We need more difficulty around the game, in the levelling, and not just in trials, vet imperial dungeon and pvp. We don't want a hard game, we want a game who say "hey, you haven't thinking about your build ? You shall not pass unless you're a little more smart".

Is that better than the original post ?
    Niaver wrote: »
    There's a good MMO which is called Dungeons and Dragons online. So in this game there are 4 difficulty modes for dungeons: http://ddowiki.com/page/Difficulty . Moreover, they adjust to how many players are in the dungeon. So if you play 4 people - it will be harder then you play solo.

:trollface:
    Attention, ceci est le forum du Triumvirat, faites pas trop de bêtises si vous tenez à votre famille...
    @Balabù si vous voulez me raconter votre vie.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    given the fact that people in the game feel entitled to do all content a new higher difficulty will just see the same cries as vMSA. so won't work
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I wish...a couple friends of mine 2 manned vet WGT the other day(scaled to v16). That challenge.
  • Balabù
    Balabù
    Communauté
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    given the fact that people in the game feel entitled to do all content a new higher difficulty will just see the same cries as vMSA. so won't work

I think there is a difference between vMSA and a "normal" difficulty in leveling.

The problem in leveling is the lack of damage from enemies, so players don't feel forced to dodge, block, or interrupt.
    Attention, ceci est le forum du Triumvirat, faites pas trop de bêtises si vous tenez à votre famille...
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The main problem with vMSA is that the v16 loot and especially maëlstrom weapon can be found uniquely in the vMSA. With this idea, all the dungeon stuff will still have the same awful drop chance, all people would still be able to get all they want. Strong players would have a more challenged dungeon with more reward, but not an unique reward.

But I'm afraid that you're right, because they can't have the same thing as the strongest player as fast as them, a lot of players will cries...
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niaver wrote: »

Imagine that.

There are quite a few games out there with dynamic group content. Drop in and drop out play that depending on party size, scales the difficulty....

ESO needs this. They're designing so much around solo content that they're killing the MMO in their own game
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balabù wrote: »

I think there is a difference between vMSA and a "normal" difficulty in leveling.

The problem in leveling is the lack of damage from enemies, so players don't feel forced to dodge, block, or interrupt.

well, i have to disagree on this one aswell. the game used to be alot harder but then every piece of content got nerfed because it's to hard. every player who hates doshia remembers those days. veteran mobs where way stronger more like the mobs in IC. but because there was a to big of outcry tht the game was to hard when dodgerolling blocking ect was necessary it was nerfed. so yes i stand by my point
  • Balabù
    Balabù
    Communauté
    I dont want the game to get back it'd old difficulty, but I have to say that now, enemies don't do any damage.
    My alt is a sorc lvl 29 with 8k HP. Enemies hit me 200.
    Do I need to block their 600 heavy attacks ? Not at all. Is that normal ? I don't think so.

Blocking and Dodge rolling hasn't to be necessary, but it hasn't to be useless while leveling, and it currently is.

When I see V16 players unable to avoid AoE that we can see on every mob, I don't think it's normal, sorry ^^'
  • Tamanous
    Tamanous
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish we could have this for leveling. I solo most vet bosses and all public dungeons. The game is too easy and I have ZERO reason to play with others as it just becomes a spam fest of attacks because everyone can solo most everything anyway.

I group for ONE reason: to take on challenging content (which allows fun and social game play with friends) ... but apparently this is lost in modern mmos. If you only added up the content in this game that absolutely requires grouping it would be one of the smallest mmos in history.

I am sick and tired of being in voice chat with players spread out all over the world because nobody needs to group the majority of time. This is the primary reason I keep leaving this game. ESO is little more than a solo game to casually play from time to time and I cannot go through this leveling path of solo noobness yet again.
    Edited by Tamanous on January 9, 2016 9:42PM