The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO - Best MMO of 2015 by MMORPG.COM

Elijah_Crow
Elijah_Crow
✭✭✭✭✭
Congrats to Zeniax and the team for winning the Best MMO of 2015 from MMORPG.com . Well deserved and thanks for your hard work.

http://www.mmorpg.com/showFeature.cfm/feature/10383

agMjDS2.png

Best MMO of 2015 – The Elder Scrolls Online / Runners Up – WildStar, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, FFXIV
As we stated at the start of this award season, 2015 was all about the existing games getting better, delivering content, and expanding both in terms of content and player-base. In our eyes, no other game has done more to improve its lot and deliver on the wants of its players than Elder Scrolls Online. Not only did Zenimax manage to launch ESO on XB1 and PS4 this year, but they also converted their game to the more viable Buy to Play model. Since then, two massive DLC packs have been released, bringing the Imperial City to life in ESO and just recently the lost Orc city of Orsinium. Since its launch, ESO has done nothing but improve, and we wish all MMORPGs would follow such an aggressive and confident march towards delivering the best possible experience to their players. Cheers to Zenimax Online for Elder Scrolls Online’s banner year.

• shugg
    shugg
    ✭✭✭
    Well done eso, love the game and hope to spend many years enjoying it.
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well-deserved! Congratulations, ZOS!
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk about a comeback!

Congratulations, ZOS.

And please, keep this thing running FOR A LONG TIME 'cause I really like it :P
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This made me smile.I went for a look see and felt a kind of pride that it was number 1.
    I can remember when it was that Morrowind was number 1 for RPGs. Now it's great grandchild is the best MMO.
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In b4 the QQ crowd come :wink:

Immensely proud that Zenimax got this.

Is there more work to do? Why yes there is.

But they've achieved a great deal this year. Here's to 2016 and many more years of adventuring in Tamriel. Good job, guys.

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    o____o Really? I mean...I love the game, but best MMO of the year? Are others even worse?
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This made me smile.I went for a look see and felt a kind of pride that it was number 1.
    I can remember when it was that Morrowind was number 1 for RPGs. Now it's great grandchild is the best MMO.

Let's not forget that Oblivion was also game of its year, Skyrim was the game of its year...

I mean, seriously, is there any Elder Scrolls that isn't #1 at least once at any point of its life? :D
  • Smitch_59
    Smitch_59
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's not forget that Oblivion was also game of its year, Skyrim was the game of its year...

I mean, seriously, is there any Elder Scrolls that isn't #1 at least once at any point of its life? :D

As it should be.
    By Azura, by Azura, by Azura!
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smitch_59 wrote: »
    As it should be.

Indeed, my dear equine friend.

• Bloodfang
    Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is 2nd year straight :)

For those that didn't know, ESO was voted by the actual players, as the best MMORPG of 2014 too.

Well deserved.

• AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is the game balanced? No. But is it fun? Yes, yes very much so. They deserved the award, Congratulations to ZOS.
  • schwarzman1
    schwarzman1
    ✭✭✭
    Well Deserved!
    PS4 NA AD
    PSN: schwarzman1
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sure is way better than [snip] town (tera) i'm alone in a boring instance (WoW) and i need to pay money to unlock a gear slot (Rift)

[edited for Inappropriate Content]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on November 12, 2023 7:27PM
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Kammakazi
    Kammakazi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    But I wanted Fallout 4 to be the best MMO of the year.

9617853.jpg
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome...but here comes the laggy cities full of players.... eh could be worst, no players :*
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news and congrats to ZOS!

Even more good news is that ESO should only get better next year.
  • Elijah_Crow
    Elijah_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll tag @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_RichLambert so they are aware, though I'm sure MMORPG.com probably notified them.

Thanks for the great year and looking forward to another great one in 2016! Enjoy your holiday break!
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree ESO deservedly won.

With that said, it was a pretty slow year mmo-wise, so while I believe ZoS has done an excellent job improving the game, it's mostly because there was so much to improve upon.

Let's hope they don't rest on their Laurels for the coming year! :)
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats to Zeniax and the team for winning the Best MMO of 2015 from MMORPG.com . Well deserved and thanks for your hard work.

agMjDS2.png

Best MMO of 2015 – The Elder Scrolls Online / Runners Up – WildStar, Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, FFXIV
    As we stated at the start of this award season, 2015 was all about the existing games getting better, delivering content, and expanding both in terms of content and player-base. In our eyes, no other game has done more to improve its lot and deliver on the wants of its players than Elder Scrolls Online. Not only did Zenimax manage to launch ESO on XB1 and PS4 this year, but they also converted their game to the more viable Buy to Play model. Since then, two massive DLC packs have been released, bringing the Imperial City to life in ESO and just recently the lost Orc city of Orsinium. Since its launch, ESO has done nothing but improve, and we wish all MMORPGs would follow such an aggressive and confident march towards delivering the best possible experience to their players. Cheers to Zenimax Online for Elder Scrolls Online’s banner year.

That is seriously pretty awesome.

I know I think they deserve it. ESO has been my most-played MMO since I picked it up. It's everything I love about The Elder Scrolls and MMO's mixed into one game.

I am happy to log-in every night and play. The addiction is real, and I love it.

Well done, Zeni! Great game!

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats, ZOS! Thanks for many, many, MANY hours of quality entertainment. ;)
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

agMjDS2.png

That is seriously pretty awesome.

I know I think they deserve it. ESO has been my most-played MMO since I picked it up. It's everything I love about The Elder Scrolls and MMO's mixed into one game.

I am happy to log-in every night and play. The addiction is real, and I love it.

Well done, Zeni! Great game!
    ESO has definitely been my most-played MMO since I picked it up. It has also been my only-played MMO since ever. I've never been an MMO guy at all, but I've definitely been an Elder Scrolls guy for a long time. I have to say, that as much as I've loved previous TES games, the MMO aspects of ESO have turned it into my all-time favorite TES game.

Don't get me wrong, there are tons of things I love about previous TES games that I wish existed in ESO (or that I wish were done better in ESO), and some of the MMO features frustrate the hell out of me (either because I simply don't like them, or because I don't think they've been done as well as they could be) but on the whole it is currently my favorite TES game of all time. And, as it's the only MMO I've ever played and I have almost no interest in any other MMO I know of, it's also currently my favorite MMO of all time.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats! I never thought I could surpass my hours spent playing DA:I, but man was I wrong! Can't wait to see what the future holds!
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• Corellon Thromorin
    Corellon Thromorin
    ✭✭✭
    I'm scared to imagine how the worst is then
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh I could think of a few I've played myself that are no longer around lol
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • XANTITHESISX
    XANTITHESISX
    ✭✭✭

agMjDS2.png

Congrats to ESO Devs.. please continue to what is best for the longevity of this game. I plan to stick around even if EQ Next is release on console.
  • CapnPhoton
    CapnPhoton
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Every MMO I've played since I started in 2003 from sub, to free trials and beta is worse than this one except one, and that one is about equal.

Every MMO evolves and has to go through adjustments to content and classes in order to balance. Also every one has breakdowns whether minor or major.

There are things I would like to see added/changed, but until then it is fine the way it is.
    Xbox One NA Aldmeri Dominion
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Good joke...good joke man, almost believed you
    giphy.gif
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Good joke...good joke man, almost believed you
    giphy.gif

Is it? Is it really?
    yFvzEfc.png
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the game deteriorated drastically, especially after conversion to the more viable Buy to Play model (!!!), but I only played between april 2014 and february 2015 and again between july and october, so I might have missed some epic improvements.
    I also think that quote sounds very much like something that just came out of ZOS's PR department.
    Edited by JamilaRaj on December 11, 2015 7:12PM