The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Zénimax what is the game you actually play with us ?

Anjali
Anjali
✭✭✭✭
Or, the french-speakers community wants some answers …

Hello everyone,

I'm one of the french-speaker player who comes from the forum right next to here, also GM of an active guild on ESO and who started to play at the beta. We supported this game from the begining even when it ran into some troubles and with some other problems concerning the evolution of this game, but I'll not talk about that because this isn't why I came here.
We're really happy to play with many cool players on a daily basis, on a Megaserver full with nice people from various countries. We're all part of a mature community and we are all really happy to play with each other so nicely.
At the beginning of ESO, we had nice french-speaker CM to help us as the english and the german part of this forum. CM who sometimes even talk to us on some fan website.

The last week has been hard : you announced one maintenance (which we think was somewhat urgent) with 6h of downtime, but it took 14h to complete it, and right after a DDoS attack happen on the megaserver. So, many unexpected events and which was announced and clearly explained.

Well, that was on your side because we did have the event, but none of the announcement or any explanation of some sort.

If the official thread about the maintenance was indeed opened, we didn't see any update on it. We even sent some PM to the english administrator to ask for some news, but nothing. This was some players who translated the english announcement to keep us informed about what was going on at this time. As for the DDoS attack, nothing, again this is us (players) who had to explain to others what was going on.
Even an english announcement on our forum would have suffice if any translator wasn't present at this time (we can clearly understand that).

This was strange, very strange …

So, we began to search and we saw that none of ours french-speaker CM did log on the forum from several weeks. They doesn't even seem to still be part of your staff.
Nobody was informed, nobody has even seen an official thread about that, nobody seems to know if another CM will take or not their place …

We already asked about that on this forum → the thread is now in the french one.
We sent some PM to the english administrators → no answer.
Now wa are not advertise that Childrend will be closed next week and what are the conditions of migration....

Nothing …

Still and always nothing …

Zenimax, we don't know what game you actually play with us, but it's about time you give us some proper answers and announcement.
Where are ours CM (MickaelServotte and LenaichR)?
Who is the CM in charge of your french part of the forum?
How do you think to keep us inform about the next updates and the other maintenances?
Well, what is going on?
GM Guilde Vindicte / Vindicte-teso.forumactif.org
Alliance de Daguefilante / Serveur EU
Twitch et YouTube
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ouch, that isn't right.

Let me throw some tags out for you. The more the better, right?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »
    Ouch, that isn't right. Let me throw some tags out for you. The more the better, right?
    Messages have been sent, as least to GinaBruno, no answers, as far as I know.

Edited by ladyonthemoon on November 6, 2015 8:05AM
  • Dettne
    Dettne
    ✭✭
    Great question
  • BlackEar
    BlackEar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good catch. Hope ZOS answers!
    Bjorn Blackbear - Master Angler - Collector - Black Market Mogul - Ebonheart Pact - Exterminatus - EU.

Achievement hunter:

Visit my profile page to find out about which achievement I am currently hunting.

Check out Anemonean's thieving guide!
  • cronos755b16_ESO
    Where is the french CM ?
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Where is the french CM ?
    Is there even one?

• Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was nice of Zenimax to translate everything for you for over a year, but if they want to stop doing that, I don't have a problem with it.

They are an American company and speak English. English is also the language of the world.
  • Anjali
    Anjali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes they can , but they have to announce it in an official thread and explain us that happpened now;

That just respect, basically respect for your customers.
    Edited by Anjali on November 6, 2015 4:56PM
    Twitch et YouTube
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It was nice of Zenimax to translate everything for you for over a year, but if they want to stop doing that, I don't have a problem with it.

They are an American company and speak English. English is also the language of the world.

So by that logic, the Germans should be saying goodbye to Kai as well?
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Balabù
    Balabù
    Communauté

Kai substitutes Michaël as French CM ;P
    Attention, ceci est le forum du Triumvirat, faites pas trop de bêtises si vous tenez à votre famille...
    @Balabù si vous voulez me raconter votre vie.
  • BeardLumber
    BeardLumber
    ✭✭✭✭

That's not how this should work.

Since they've been offering translated information since the beginning they should continue to do so. A break in communication is never good for anyone.

Edited by BeardLumber on November 6, 2015 5:10PM
    Heals Please
    PC Master Race
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't met a single German that wasn't fluent in English.

But yes, Zenimax is doing them a favor, it is not required of them.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Says a product of an American Education system that has not taught a foreign language to it's students as a requirement in 30 years.

Sorry to point out to you, but the majority of the planet is at least bi-lingual in their own cultures with much of Europe actually speaking English (which we, in the United States, do not, btw actually speak - we speak "American English", which is a bastardized version of actual English).

English is also not the "language of the world". It may be the language of your tiny, myopic piece of this planet, but, there are about 7 billion other people on this planet, the majority of which do not speak English as a primary language.

English is often used in much of the business world, but, as someone who does a lot of international business, German, French, Spanish and many Asian languages, including Cantonese and Japanese are just as often spoken and, as I pointed out above, the majority of folks on this planet that do speak "English" consider us 'Mericans, relatively illiterate and far from eloquent when we speak, write or otherwise communicate in our native tongue.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since they've been offering translated information since the beginning they should continue to do so. A break in communication is never good for anyone.

While I agree with your supposition, cost constraints and staffing may lead to the inability to do so. Besides, as someone with many friends in Europe and elsewhere that I play ESO with on a regular basis, English speaking is actually quite common for most of them. Contextual issues may occur, but, my foreign friends would certainly get over it. The OP did note that, even a post on the European server in English would have been better than nothing.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be that guy. Seriously.

Yes a good proportion of the world speaks English. Be it American English or otherwise. But there's a large section of the world that has their own languages. And in business, communication is key, in whatever language. You are right that it was good form for Zenimax to translate for the French and German players, and that should continue. And I say this as a British guy.

Stop being disrespectful and think outside of yourself, please.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am out now. This thread will be closed shortly, I am sure due to digression and unnecessarily insulting and non-useful postings.

My apologies if I have offended anyone. Just stating an opinion and had not expected to be shamed and insulted for insinuating a bit of pragmatism, but, hey, what can you do. It's the "Internet" of things. :smile:
  • Anjali
    Anjali
    ✭✭✭✭
    DenMoria wrote: »

My point is that, while I sympathize with the OP, I do not necessarily advocate free translation services, I simply stated that, as the OP noted, that, even if it had been in English, it would have been a common courtesy for ZoS to post something regarding the situation on the European boards as well as the NA boards. I do not think that would be too much to ask.

Thanks a lot, you're understand what i have try to say in my so baaad English XD

Shade to have disgression that give a good reason to Zeni for not answer my initial questions.....^^

Twitch et YouTube
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm curious, they never told you that they experienced a DDOS attack, but your community is well informed about it?
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭

While I agree with your supposition, cost constraints and staffing may lead to the inability to do so. Besides, as someone with many friends in Europe and elsewhere that I play ESO with on a regular basis, English speaking is actually quite common for most of them. Contextual issues may occur, but, my foreign friends would certainly get over it. The OP did note that, even a post on the European server in English would have been better than nothing.

English is a main language in "the world"...where "the world" is North america, europe, australia. aka "western world"...which is probably more than 80% of playerbase if not 90%....

Im from Croatia btw

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Rude comments and Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Racheal on November 8, 2015 1:16PM
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont act like a smart-ass... English is a main language in "the world"...where "the world" is North america, europe, australia. aka "western world"...which is probably more than 80% of playerbase if not 90%....

Im from Croatia btw, so you dont start arguing that im a stupid murican...

You mean, you aren't completely outraged they don't translate everything into Serbian for you?

Clearly they should do announcements in Hindi and Mandarin, since most people speak those languages.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ouch, that isn't right.

Let me throw some tags out for you. The more the better, right?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert

Well, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom has been gone from the forums for almost a month now.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭

dont act like a smart-ass... English is a main language in "the world"...where "the world" is North america, europe, australia. aka "western world"...which is probably more than 80% of playerbase if not 90%....

Well then. You are wrong. You are coming off as a standard product. English is not the "standard" language anywhere.
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rook stop slamming people you are being rude and crass. You are not going to break my ban record no matter how hard you try.
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rook stop slamming people you are being rude and crass. You are not going to break my ban record no matter how hard you try.

lol I'm the one defending Zenimax here bud. Nice record, though.
  • Hateanthem
    Hateanthem
    ✭✭✭✭

Well then. You are wrong. You are coming off as a standard product. English is not the "standard" language anywhere.

English is the standard language of business throughout the world. So...it is actually the standard. Not trying to be a jerk, but it's he language of business and business trumps everything else.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anjali wrote: »
    Now wa are not advertise that Childrend will be closed next week and what are the conditions of migration....

wait WHAT if I am reading this part right chillrend will be closed. can someone please give me more details or link to a source?
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Anjali
    Anjali
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f29984ab-fee0-43d6-a04d-bfb825ddade8
  • NobleNerd
    NobleNerd
    ✭✭✭✭

Says a product of an American Education system that has not taught a foreign language to it's students as a requirement in 30 years.

Sorry to point out to you, but the majority of the planet is at least bi-lingual in their own cultures with much of Europe actually speaking English (which we, in the United States, do not, btw actually speak - we speak "American English", which is a bastardized version of actual English).

English is also not the "language of the world". It may be the language of your tiny, myopic piece of this planet, but, there are about 7 billion other people on this planet, the majority of which do not speak English as a primary language.

English is often used in much of the business world, but, as someone who does a lot of international business, German, French, Spanish and many Asian languages, including Cantonese and Japanese are just as often spoken and, as I pointed out above, the majority of folks on this planet that do speak "English" consider us 'Mericans, relatively illiterate and far from eloquent when we speak, write or otherwise communicate in our native tongue.

If anything Mandarin is becoming a more widely used second language than American English.
    BLOOD RAVENS GAMING
    ~a mature gaming community~
    Website
    DISCORD
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NobleNerd wrote: »

If anything Mandarin is becoming a more widely used second language than American English.

Well... there are more Chinese Mandarin's in this world than there are total American's. There are only 333 million of us give or take, after all, less than 5% of the world population. :wink: