The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Zénimax what is the game you actually play with us ?

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hateanthem wrote: »
    DenMoria wrote: »
    It was nice of Zenimax to translate everything for you for over a year, but if they want to stop doing that, I don't have a problem with it.

They are an American company and speak English. English is also the language of the world.

That's not how this should work.

Since they've been offering translated information since the beginning they should continue to do so. A break in communication is never good for anyone.

While I agree with your supposition, cost constraints and staffing may lead to the inability to do so. Besides, as someone with many friends in Europe and elsewhere that I play ESO with on a regular basis, English speaking is actually quite common for most of them. Contextual issues may occur, but, my foreign friends would certainly get over it. The OP did note that, even a post on the European server in English would have been better than nothing.

dont act like a smart-ass... English is a main language in "the world"...where "the world" is North america, europe, australia. aka "western world"...which is probably more than 80% of playerbase if not 90%....

Im from Croatia btw, so you dont start arguing that im a stupid murican...

Well then. You are wrong. You are coming off as a standard product. English is not the "standard" language anywhere.

English is the standard language of business throughout the world. So...it is actually the standard. Not trying to be a jerk, but it's he language of business and business trumps everything else.

Actually,the most spoken language in the world isnt English.It's French. More countries speak French than English.
    Options
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hateanthem wrote: »
    It was nice of Zenimax to translate everything for you for over a year, but if they want to stop doing that, I don't have a problem with it.

They are an American company and speak English. English is also the language of the world.

Since they've been offering translated information since the beginning they should continue to do so. A break in communication is never good for anyone.

While I agree with your supposition, cost constraints and staffing may lead to the inability to do so. Besides, as someone with many friends in Europe and elsewhere that I play ESO with on a regular basis, English speaking is actually quite common for most of them. Contextual issues may occur, but, my foreign friends would certainly get over it. The OP did note that, even a post on the European server in English would have been better than nothing.

dont act like a smart-ass... English is a main language in "the world"...where "the world" is North america, europe, australia. aka "western world"...which is probably more than 80% of playerbase if not 90%....

Well then. You are wrong. You are coming off as a standard product. English is not the "standard" language anywhere.

English is the standard language of business throughout the world. So...it is actually the standard. Not trying to be a jerk, but it's he language of business and business trumps everything else.

Actually,the most spoken language in the world isnt English.It's French. More countries speak French than English.

Actually, French is #8. English is #2 and Mandarin Chinese is #1, by total # of speakers according to 2015 statistics.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

I was not very surprised to see that there are so many Spanish speakers, but had no idea so many folks spoke Bengali.

Fascinating Jim.
    Options
  • Balabù
    Balabù
    Communauté
    Actually, French is #8. English is #2 and Mandarin Chinese is #1, by total # of speakers according to 2015 statistics.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers

Actually it's not very important because we're talking about our CM's who were in charge of the french forum.
    Attention, ceci est le forum du Triumvirat, faites pas trop de bêtises si vous tenez à votre famille...
    @Balabù si vous voulez me raconter votre vie.
    Options
  • icontested
    icontested
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol at this
    Voted and Current reigning champion of most handsome ESO player of 2013-2016
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Take that 'Merica **** Yeah' nonsense back to Mississippi.

The game is a multinational product that has 3 European Servers where the VAST majority of players are not native English speaking.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Anzriel
    Anzriel
    ✭✭✭✭

Take that 'Merica **** Yeah' nonsense back to Mississippi.

The game is a multinational product that has 3 European Servers where the VAST majority of players are not native English speaking.

That's exactly what a dirty commie would say. -_-

Kidding aside, I am curious what happened here. I may not be French but I don't think it's a good idea for the French CM to just disappear. I hope they are just sorting things out and they back to all of you soon.

(For the record we're all gamers, and people let's just leave it at that eh?)
    Edited by Anzriel on November 7, 2015 2:21AM
    Options
  • PaddingtonBear

You mean, you aren't completely outraged they don't translate everything into Serbian for you?

Clearly they should do announcements in Hindi and Mandarin, since most people speak those languages.

I am Chinese and I find this offensive please take that back.
    Options
  • Eldorhaan
    Eldorhaan
    ✭✭✭

And just for the records, in the 1800 there was a vote to decide of the official language between French or English in the Congress and USA by only one voice had speak English, because at this period, most of the "Americans" was French speaker like Thomas Jefferson.
    Also the first official document was write in French English and German, and till now most of Diplomatic Documents in the World are wrote in French, because of the diversity of senses.

So please stop those stupids stereotypes You could be a french speaker by one voice.
    Options
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Eldorhaan , another stereotype is the American with no real history (only a few hundred years) who fails to realise the importance of the French during the "American" war of independance.

Without the French the Americans would still be a colony (and the shifty Dutch of course)
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester
    Options
  • Chieve
    Chieve
    ✭✭✭
    I know this is a bad time but i wanna take this moment to say thank you to all the bilingual nonamericans for learning and speaking another language

If it wasnt for you guys i would never understand what is going on or be able to communicate with you guys

Being a stereotypical American i dont know any other language but English and think Americans underestimate you guys
    Edited by Chieve on November 7, 2015 1:27PM
    Please vote in the console text chat thread so ZoS can see how many people want text chat

...and dueling in the dueling thread but personally I want text chat first...
    Options
  • Anjali
    Anjali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xjcon wrote: »
    I'm curious, they never told you that they experienced a DDOS attack, but your community is well informed about it?

Obviously
    When we all got 999+ ping and it was unplayable, with everyone screaming on the canal area in all languages, it sought the information.
    Open your eyes,we regularly read all the English side posts also (and many french-speakers I know posting regularly here )

Also note that I do not say French (well im really in France but we are not the center of the world ^^) but French-speakers, the shade is great, because the problem actually concerns many players.
    I have a thing of my Guildies living Switzerland, Belgium, Canada, Mauritius island, Morroco ,French expats in China, the Netherlands, Austria, England, German who speak fluently French ... that's the reality of the EU server you know.

The problem is not that they stop a service (translation, or activity of a CM), but they do it in secret and without warning.
    You would discover by chance at the next maintenance, for which it would not give you information about the forum, that Gina no longer works at ZeniMax since several weeks, you would find that normal?

The one just feels disrespected
    You read the post, you have moderate, now we would like the answers and a reaction from you ZeniMax
    Edited by Anjali on November 7, 2015 8:25AM
    GM Guilde Vindicte / Vindicte-teso.forumactif.org
    Alliance de Daguefilante / Serveur EU
    Twitch et YouTube
    Options
  • Babiole
    Babiole
    This remind me "The sound of silence" by Simon & Garfunkel.

You like this music, @ZOS_GinaBruno ?
    Options
  • Anjali
    Anjali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Babiole wrote: »
    This remind me "The sound of silence" by Simon & Garfunkel.

You like this music, @ZOS_GinaBruno ?

God exactly the music i have on my head since 3 days <3
    Twitch et YouTube
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Rook
    I too once tried to do that and guess what I got !!! Yep that's right. It will get you the same they like to defend themselves.
    But try not to to be abrasive it puts you in a bad light. You seem to be a good person and you care about the game and thats cool . Often what is written is taken out of context. Math seems to be the only true language. everything else has conjecture.

Now ZOS at large and I mean very large and rotund. My bit of constructive criticism on this topic. You need to work on your communications skills.Across the board they are major fail. The shining example you need you already have and that is Gina. A true gem she is. Your CS and Devs need to emulate her actions. And this one is not forgetting the others who could do the same. But they will not get a mention from me as they are insulting to the customers.Enough so that this one wants to Write the BBB.

Edited to add "not" and "Rook"
    Edited by SeptimusDova on November 8, 2015 4:03AM
    Options
  • Eldorhaan
    Eldorhaan
    ✭✭✭
    So it seems we have to prepare ourselves to see the french support as translation and voices to be canceled as there is the implementation of the subtitles?

Any comments on that, just to be not surprised for the new DLC ?
    Options
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Eldorhaan wrote: »
    So it seems we have to prepare ourselves to see the french support as translation and voices to be canceled as there is the implementation of the subtitles?

It would be weird because the base game has already three languages. I don't think they'll do that. Implementation of the subtitles means that people who have hearing problems will be served, at last! :)

Options
  • Anjali
    Anjali
    ✭✭✭✭

It would be weird because the base game has already three languages. I

After all that, it does not even surprise me over something like that .....
    Twitch et YouTube
    Options
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    Anjali wrote: »

It would be weird because the base game has already three languages.
    After all that, it does not even surprise me over something like that .....
    It would be incoherent and it would harm more than anything else.
    Options
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I speak Klingon does that make me bilingual? :p
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    Options
  • ShadowDisciple
    ShadowDisciple
    ✭✭✭✭

You mean, you aren't completely outraged they don't translate everything into Serbian for you?

Clearly they should do announcements in Hindi and Mandarin, since most people speak those languages.

i would be outraged if they would translate to serbian..cuz im from Croatia and i speak Croatian xD... and english, german and italian :P
    Options
  • Anjali
    Anjali
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, we are Monday, a new week beginn....
    Could we expect an explication this week ?
    Twitch et YouTube
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want ancient greek and Aramaic, oh yea esparantu as well
    Options
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I smell bait...
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

So by that logic, the Germans should be saying goodbye to Kai as well?
    Not to mention they also provide localized versions of the game and you only localize when there's a large enough market to justify the cost. If the market is large enough for ZOS to localize the game, you'd expect them to be able to communicate with their customers in the same language as was used for the localized versions of the game.
    Options
  • black-gryphonb14_ESO
    While I am an American and have not chosen to learn a second language, and as stated is not required though is becoming so in some States...

When a company is going to make their services/products available in another country - it is, or should be expected that they will have communications channels in that country's primary language. It's not just right, but should be done out of respect and common courtesy. If they can't or won't - it does make one wonder how important those customers really are.

That being said, I do understand the complexities - where with the NA server one would expect most of those people speak English. EU server however - well you've got (Queen's English), German, French, Scandinavian, and I'm sure I'm missing a few while the only physical presence being the server farm (which customers do not personally interact with) and the game boxes if bought at a store and not downloaded.

Communication, regardless of language, has always been and still is the bane of people, businesses, organizations and you name it. If there are no communication and or sharing of data, information, ideas then all that is left is supposition, intrigue, theories which spawn distrust, conspiracies and gossip.
    Edited by black-gryphonb14_ESO on November 9, 2015 7:32AM
    Aaelefein, a Veteran Templar of the 14th Level seeking to complete his Master Crafter Certification but still needs to finish exploring Craglorn in order to acquire all the knowledge pertaining to the Nirnhoned Trait.
    Options
  • kenpachi480
    kenpachi480
    ✭✭✭
    Tors wrote: »
    @Eldorhaan , (and the shifty Dutch of course)

I am dutch and i take offense with that :O
    Pain and Dead are the cost to the enjoyment of Battle

Captain Otter Wildwater - DK - V12 - EP
    GoS Vassal - Templar - V16 - EP
    Captain Izanagi Tsukiko - Sorc - still lvling - EP

Best selfclaimed Healer of Ebonheart Pact NA
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I am Dutch and I can confirm the Dutch being shifty as ***.
    Options
  • ladyonthemoon
    ladyonthemoon
    ✭✭✭
    To the posters
    Lava_Croft wrote: »

I am Dutch and I can confirm the Dutch being shifty as ***.
    Who isn't? Do you think the French (the people of France) are not?

Options
  • Zimnel
    Zimnel
    ✭✭✭

EU server however - well you've got (Queen's English), German, French, Scandinavian, and I'm sure I'm missing a few

You're missing Spanish, the third most spoken language of our beloved planet :p
    Yes, Spain is part of Europe, yey XD !!
    Options