The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The StamKnight - DK Build Guide by SRIBES

SRIBES
SRIBES
✭✭✭✭✭
INTRODUCTION
I wasn't planning to post this build but due to so many asking I decided to post it. I have played and theorycrafted DK since the first Beta of ESO. I've played a sword and shield/2h or duel wield stam dk since the end of 1.5 using a similar build to what I use now and have found success with this play style since 1.5.The idea of this build is to excel in a small group, 1v1 situations, 1vX situations and to be flexible enough to be able to swap skills to bomb groups/tank groups. I have been able to beat some of the best duelers in the game and do some amazing things 1vX.Take this build and mold it to your own playstyle and create your own build or feel free to copy and paste exactly how it is now because this works great as well.

Quick Video I put together, the clips aren't amazing but it shows the base idea of the build. It's my first video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7s_NsodV-0

NOTES BEFORE WE START
  • This build runs purple food aka tri stat food.
  • Tri pots are a necessity for this build to keep stamina up by dumping magicka on earthen heart.
  • We run 62 Points into stamina.
  • This build relies heavily off animation canceling for DPS.
  • We run the serpent mundus stone.

THE RACE
*Race isn't a massive deal for this build but I will go through what the best options are*
Redguard - This is what my DK is on live and the stamina return from its racial passive gives sustain but not enough to be a game changer, nonetheless it's amazing and it's my top choice.
Imperial - Health and Stamina allows you to hit higher stats than any other race in those attributes and the health return is nice also.
Orc - The reason I say orc is because the stats are similar to imperial along some extra damage/mobility but the 30% health regen is nice.

THE GEAR
Five Heavy, One Medium, One Light. Stamina glyphs on all gear and weapon damage glyphs on jewelry.
Engine Guardian - This set is a must have, when the magicka procs it means you have to start spamming the *** out of igneous for those stam returns. This set adds a level of pressure when fighting people that no other undaunted set gives. You'll want the helm and shoulders in medium and light to get the undaunted passive. (Helm+Shoulders)
Agility - Better than other three pieces that give max stam and weapon damage because it gives you almost 50 more weapon damage and 400 more stamina. Helps us bump our stats higher, we will wants robust on all jewelry pieces. (Rings+Necklace robust)
Hundings Rage - If you pair this up with up with agility you will have high base weapon damage, decent crit chance and high stam. This means you will be heal critting often and hitting hard. It works super well. (Gloves, Legs, Belt, Chest, Boots) Impenetrable on all your gear.
Nights Silence - A nice buff to your stamina pool, enough said. (Sword+Shield) Weapon damage glyph on your sword (precise) and prismatic on your shield (impen)
Maelstrom 2H - The DoT is a nice DPS increase when you charge someone + it's free weapon damage. This is a new 1.8 master weapon earned from maelstrom arena and is well worth the farm.

THE SKILLS
*All of these skills can be swapped as I don't always run these same skills all the time*
*You can also run duel wield instead of 2h for quick cloak, steel tornado, flying blade, etc if that play style suits you better*
1) Ransack - Very powerful utility skill it's cheap costing and with the right stats can deal high damage. To get the full benefit of this skill animation cancel a light attack first then a bash at the end to add more pressure to enemies and increase overall DPS.
2) Defensive Stance/Dragon Fire Scale - A reflect is a must. Pick between these two, I swap them out but typically run dragon fire scale.
3) Reverberating Bash - I use this mainly for the heal debuff to mess up templars and healing based builds. The CC is buggy and they can not break the CC while they slide but you can't attack them while they slide. The slide lasts under a second so it's a pretty fair skill and very strong.
4) Resolving Vigor - A nice HoT that is cheap, I keep this on my main bar. When it crit heals with igneous buffed it is extremely nice.
5) Igneous Shield - Grants 5% stamina/wep dmg on cast, buffs vigor healing by 30% and if you spam it keeps a small cushion on you also makes you resist crit attacks while it's up. Use it before you use your heals or when your engine procs magicka.
U: Take Flight - I pick this skill because it provides quick burst and hits hard. I like the extra range in open world but if you feel like you're dying to much then do fer leap.
1) Shuffle - A quick root/snare purge and the 20% miss chance allows you to keep block up more often.
2) Rally - A hot that works well with vigor and grants you the major brutality buff.
3) Stampede - An amazing snare and gap closer. It makes builds that rely off of movement speed forced to fight you and you can stay on their ass the entire time allows you to have mobility and control. This skill works so well with reverberating bash on our main bar.
4) Volatile Armor - I use this for the armor and spell resist buff + the 12% healing bonus while it's up but more importantly I use it as a counter to NB's. The AoE will take them out of stealth and makes them an easier target.
5) Unstable Flame - This is arguably the best DoT in the game, very strong and is a must.
U: Corrosive Armor- This is a great tank ultimate and provides great DPS, a obvious choice.

CHAMPION POINTS
*This is a 501 CP layout of the build, I only have 353 CP atm but this is what I plan to run when I hit 501.
GREEN TREE
*The Tower*
1. Warlord x100
*The Lover*
1. Mooncalf x67

RED TREE
*The Lady*
1. Hardy x60
2. Thick Skinned x20
3. Elemental Defender x40
*The Steed*
1. Block Expertise x47

BLUE TREE
*The Ritual*
1. Mighty x97
2. Precise Strikes x30
3. Piercing x10
*Atronach*
1. Blade Expert x30

CONCLUSION
Enjoy (; i'll try to answer/reply to every question or comment I get.
DK character name: SRIBES
@ name is: @AsweetRoll
Edited by SRIBES on December 21, 2015 5:44AM
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let me know if there is any other info you want me to add in. I haven't done one of these guides in over 10 months last time was on Tamriel Foundry so not sure if I need to add more info. ;p
    Edited by SRIBES on September 1, 2015 4:42AM
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice build! It's too bad the build had to be leaked but nobetheless, it's amazing. It sucks that you also get a lot of hate about this build due to the fact that it's so strong and that others leaked it first. I don't think a bunch of drama happened when the magicka sorcs and NB's were rolling around in 1.6. I don't get why people get mad about this huild because it's effective. When you make a build you're supposed to make a build with the least counters possible. And yes, there ARE counters to this build. Try it out for yourself now that the official creator released it.
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, what's this about leaking builds? Have I been using a bootlegged build?
  • Yoyuyi999
    Yoyuyi999
    ✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »
    I'm sorry, what's this about leaking builds? Have I been using a bootlegged build?

I'd prefer not to mention it here. But what do you mean 'bootlegged build?'
    Characters:

Magicka Dragonknight, Yoyuyi
    Stamina Dragonknight, -Jombo
    Magicka Templar, -Dombo
    Magicka Sorceror, -Mombo
    Magicka Nightblade, -Wombo
    Magicka Dragonknight, -Combo

~~~

Youtube
    Twitch

~~~

Former GM of Mighty

~~~

http://imgur.com/a/RWZZ7
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a joke. Sorry I mentioned it. Anyway thank you for posting this, I am sure reading this will help me with my new dk!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now stamina builds even more OP than before, good job ZOS. @ChannelTribes You used Black Rose after itsn nerf?
    Edited by Cinbri on September 1, 2015 7:39AM
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Rose - This set is overrated, I do use it but I also swap between different sets all the time such as dreugh king 3 piece and even medium sets or crafted sets as long as you hit the 20kish armor and spell resist mark you'll be good. The big part of this set though is that it has to be V16

Why V16? I looked at the V15 and V16 sets available to purchase with TV stones and it really didn't seem like a big difference.
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    Can you describe or link how each bar should be setup?
    Two hand on one S/H on other?
    What type of weps?
    Do you have a build link?

I am think of creating a Tank/DPS on my VET 6 DK firemage since Tanks are in such demand.
    Just have to respec and level the appropriate lines...
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Black Rose - This set is overrated, I do use it but I also swap between different sets all the time such as dreugh king 3 piece and even medium sets or crafted sets as long as you hit the 20kish armor and spell resist mark you'll be good. The big part of this set though is that it has to be V16

Why V16? I looked at the V15 and V16 sets available to purchase with TV stones and it really didn't seem like a big difference.

For prismatic glyphs
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    puffy99 wrote: »
    Can you describe or link how each bar should be setup?
    Two hand on one S/H on other?
    What type of weps?
    Do you have a build link?

I am think of creating a Tank/DPS on my VET 6 DK firemage since Tanks are in such demand.
    Just have to respec and level the appropriate lines...

What'd you mean I already have the skills posted?
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Now stamina builds even more OP than before, good job ZOS. @ChannelTribes You used Black Rose after itsn nerf?

I use different sets all the time but black rose is still amazing.
  • Thecapeo
    Thecapeo
    ✭✭✭
    You're getting that much damage out of Ransack, huh? I'll have to try this. I currently run S&1H/2H but lean on WB to get people into execute range (w/ Ultimates too of course). I don't have a ton of CPs. Given that, which champion stats would you think is the most important to invest in first?
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thecapeo wrote: »
    You're getting that much damage out of Ransack, huh? I'll have to try this. I currently run S&1H/2H but lean on WB to get people into execute range (w/ Ultimates too of course). I don't have a ton of CPs. Given that, which champion stats would you think is the most important to invest in first?

i've gotten my tooltip to 7k with the same spec on here depending on what mundus stone I use. I have crit playes for as high as 5.5k
  • Radolfus
    Radolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Good stuff brotha :)
    Edited by Radolfus on September 1, 2015 1:55PM
    @RaddyBK
    Radolfus {Beast STDK}
    Radolfen {MGDK}
    RADOLFUS II {Retired DK}
    Channel Rad Tribes {Sorc}

"Rad you always suck for 2 or so months then come back as this OP being man.. - Jago.

"He's using poisons on his shield... At what point did he revert to this style of cheeeeeeeeese yo"

"#FreeLemur <

My Brother in Tank Yo
  • Thecapeo
    Thecapeo
    ✭✭✭
    Couple more noob questions:
    1. Unstable Flame - I always want to slot this but I constant hear DOTs are worthless in PVP. Yet every time I watch a vid of a good stam DK they're using it. Any particular strategies as to when to work it into a rotation to get the most out of it?
    2. You say to finish the cancel with a bash. I hear this often but which bash? Or do you literally mean the interrupt everyone has?
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thecapeo wrote: »
    Couple more noob questions:
    1. Unstable Flame - I always want to slot this but I constant hear DOTs are worthless in PVP. Yet every time I watch a vid of a good stam DK they're using it. Any particular strategies as to when to work it into a rotation to get the most out of it?
    2. You say to finish the cancel with a bash. I hear this often but which bash? Or do you literally mean the interrupt everyone has?

1. You'll want to put untable on enemies when ever they're going on the defensive side like applying heals, blocking, shield stacking etc and keep it on them as much as you can. This build always keeps people on the defensive side so just weave it in if they're healing up. If they are nightblades or they run purge it will be less effective but still help.
    2. I mean the bash/CC break button you have. It deals like 1k-2k damage and can deal 5k+ if you crit someone+interrupt them. It adds more DPS and if they CC you while doing the rotation you auto CC break w/e cc they did, works best against fear.
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChannelTribes
    Thanks for finally sharing your build, Do you think this can work just as well with a NB?
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGrimey wrote: »
    @ChannelTribes
    Thanks for finally sharing your build, Do you think this can work just as well with a NB?

I beat two different people using my dk build 5+ times with my NB which is similar. If played and built correctly it can perform better in small scale combat but can't tank zergs like the DK can. I'm not familiar enough with my NB as I am with DK so I want to refrain from releasing a build for NB, or telling people what I run on it but it can be very very strong. I can't give all my secrets away (:
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChannelTribes

I beat two different people using my dk build 5+ times with my NB which is similar. If played and built correctly it can perform better in small scale combat but can't tank zergs like the DK can. I'm not familiar enough with my NB as I am with DK so I want to refrain from releasing a build for NB, or telling people what I run on it but it can be very very strong. I can't give all my secrets away (:

Thanks man, really appreciate this build as it gives me something to work for in the new DLC instead of being lost as to what gear to get.
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChannelTribes

I'm working on a parallel build (though magicka-based) for my NB, but this DK build is useful to see what abilities are being used and how they synergize.
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChannelTribes

I'm working on a parallel build (though magicka-based) for my NB, but this DK build is useful to see what abilities are being used and how they synergize.

Yeah, that was my next topic, I feel this style of build can work great with a magicka Templar since they don't rely on shields like other magicka classes. BoL, puncturing sweep heals, that move that puts that white circle on the floor that increases armor and magicka regen.

Looking forward to see more
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChannelTribes

If you want to talk about it and you're NA mail or add me in game @AsweetRoll would be interesting to talk to you about what you're thinking or if you have any questions for me that you don't want to ask over here.
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChannelTribes

Thanks man, really appreciate this build as it gives me something to work for in the new DLC instead of being lost as to what gear to get.

No problem, glad I could help!
  • ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ThatNeonZebraAgain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChannelTribes

If you want to talk about it and you're NA mail or add me in game @AsweetRoll would be interesting to talk to you about what you're thinking or if you have any questions for me that you don't want to ask over here.

Will do! thanks
    Gore-of-the-Forest Argonian Nightblade
    Wode Earthrender Breton Dragonknight
    Ceol the Last Baron Redguard Dragonknight
    Wayra High Elf Sorceress
    Erebain Salothran Dark Elf Templar
    Rituals-of-the-Forest Argonian Warden
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoyuyi999 wrote: »
    Nice build! It's too bad the build had to be leaked but nobetheless, it's amazing. It sucks that you also get a lot of hate about this build due to the fact that it's so strong and that others leaked it first. I don't think a bunch of drama happened when the magicka sorcs and NB's were rolling around in 1.6. I don't get why people get mad about this huild because it's effective. When you make a build you're supposed to make a build with the least counters possible. And yes, there ARE counters to this build. Try it out for yourself now that the official creator released it.
    Radolfus wrote: »
    Good stuff brotha :)

Thanks guys <3
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ChannelTribes

Although stamina dk is strong, I'm just telling people here Stamina NB is king. Those DOTs DK's apply are nothing when using shadow cloak as a NB. I've tested stamina NB many times in PTS and Live and they are crazy strong. They have 4 class stamina morphs as opposed to DK which only has two.

• Minsc
    Minsc
    ✭✭✭
    Very strong theory-crafting and combined with your skill as a player resulted at what we have seen on PTS :smile:
    Also i really like the fact that this is more of a flexible platform than a strictly defined build which allows for individual variations.
    How important you consider the 20 k mark in resistances? Is it advisable to go below that, for an increase on DPS ( with some of the new medium sets) or the loss in survival will be too much ? Also what about removing some of the CPs in Precise strikes and adding them to Blessed in order to compensate for the healing nerf from the battle spirit?
    Edited by Minsc on September 2, 2015 8:11AM
  • MrGrimey
    MrGrimey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    @ChannelTribes

Although stamina dk is strong, I'm just telling people here Stamina NB is king. Those DOTs DK's apply are nothing when using shadow cloak as a NB. I've tested stamina NB many times in PTS and Live and they are crazy strong. They have 4 class stamina morphs as opposed to DK which only has two.

Well, those DOTs are only when you look at 1v1 vs a NB and DK and having more stamina morphs are irrelevant, the only one I see NB using for this build is Ambush. I do feel that DK is better in a way due to its more tanky passives and seems to have better resource management, but NB has better escape options.

Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if Stam sorc ended up running this build the best in the future, lol
    Edited by MrGrimey on September 2, 2015 8:39AM
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭

THE RACE: *Race isn't a massive deal for this build but I will go through what the best options are*
    Imperial - Health and Stamina allows you to hit the 30k health mark and you can get almost 40k stamina if built correctly, the health return is nice also.
    Redguard - This is what my DK is on live and the stamina return from its racial passive gives a lot of sustain but not enough to be a game changer.
    Orc - The reason I say orc is because the stats are similar to imperial and some extra damage but the 30% health regen is amazing if you have enough CP. This build runs purple food but once you hit enough CP (1kish or so) your stats will be decent enough to swap to drinks and you'll be hitting 2k+ health regen!

The one thing I'd disagree with here is about the Orc. The Nord is actually a much better option, why? They too get 30% health regen, but in addition a larger health pool due to their passive being 9% bonus rather than 6% compared to the Orc and in addition they have 6% all damage reduction. This is additive to the battle spirit damage reduction of 50%, so 56% total, which actually makes a big difference. In addition, with so many players using Ice Comet as their Ultimate, that frost resistance becomes very handy. Overall, I'd put Nord as the third spot, or even 2nd actually depending on your playstyle (aiming to outlast or outdps the enemy).
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    @ChannelTribes

Well, those DOTs are only when you look at 1v1 vs a NB and DK and having more stamina morphs are irrelevant, the only one I see NB using for this build is Ambush. I do feel that DK is better in a way due to its more tanky passives and seems to have better resource management, but NB has better escape options.

Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if Stam sorc ended up running this build the best in the future, lol

Yes I agree, stamina sorcerer is also very powerful as well, even now perhaps.

Edited by Kronuxx on September 2, 2015 11:21AM
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChannelTribes

Hmmm, not sure I see a parallel build for a magicka NB, but the notion sounds interesting. Good luck :)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • babanovac
    babanovac
    ✭✭✭
    Does the rooting part of fossilize work on targets that are immune to cc?