The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

The StamKnight - DK Build Guide by SRIBES

• Freeman
    Freeman
    ✭✭✭
    going to mark this for later
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I ran this build on PTS.

It can be used with any class -- Black Rose + new weapon and jewelry sets + prismatic enchants = stacked stats super high. Just switch out skills according to your class.

Imperial is the best race choice by quite a bit, unfortunately. Especially with high CP counts since you get % stat increases.

Malubeth, Bloodspawn, Molag Kena, and Dwemer are all good monster sets to compliment.
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kronuxx wrote: »
    MrGrimey wrote: »
    @ChannelTribes
    Thanks for finally sharing your build, Do you think this can work just as well with a NB?

Although stamina dk is strong, I'm just telling people here Stamina NB is king. Those DOTs DK's apply are nothing when using shadow cloak as a NB. I've tested stamina NB many times in PTS and Live and they are crazy strong. They have 4 class stamina morphs as opposed to DK which only has two.

I've been beat like three-four times in total by NBs in organized 1v1 while using this build. Two of those times I wasn't using black rose. Those NBs are super super good. I have also ran this spec on nb and beat dks using my build. From what i've seen DK>NB
    Minsc wrote: »
    Very strong theory-crafting and combined with your skill as a player resulted at what we have seen on PTS :smile:
    Also i really like the fact that this is more of a flexible platform than a strictly defined build which allows for individual variations.
    How important you consider the 20 k mark in resistances? Is it advisable to go below that, for an increase on DPS ( with some of the new medium sets) or the loss in survival will be too much ? Also what about removing some of the CPs in Precise strikes and adding them to Blessed in order to compensate for the healing nerf from the battle spirit?

20k armor/SR mark isn't super importanat it's mainly there so you don't get one shot but i've even ran this build in light armor before so yes you can drop it lower. Blessed isn't needed but if you feel like you need more heals then go for it. Thanks!

Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THE RACE: *Race isn't a massive deal for this build but I will go through what the best options are*
    Imperial - Health and Stamina allows you to hit the 30k health mark and you can get almost 40k stamina if built correctly, the health return is nice also.
    Redguard - This is what my DK is on live and the stamina return from its racial passive gives a lot of sustain but not enough to be a game changer.
    Orc - The reason I say orc is because the stats are similar to imperial and some extra damage but the 30% health regen is amazing if you have enough CP. This build runs purple food but once you hit enough CP (1kish or so) your stats will be decent enough to swap to drinks and you'll be hitting 2k+ health regen!

The one thing I'd disagree with here is about the Orc. The Nord is actually a much better option, why? They too get 30% health regen, but in addition a larger health pool due to their passive being 9% bonus rather than 6% compared to the Orc and in addition they have 6% all damage reduction. This is additive to the battle spirit damage reduction of 50%, so 56% total, which actually makes a big difference. In addition, with so many players using Ice Comet as their Ultimate, that frost resistance becomes very handy. Overall, I'd put Nord as the third spot, or even 2nd actually depending on your playstyle (aiming to outlast or outdps the enemy).
    @ChannelTribes
    Thanks for finally sharing your build, Do you think this can work just as well with a NB?

Although stamina dk is strong, I'm just telling people here Stamina NB is king. Those DOTs DK's apply are nothing when using shadow cloak as a NB. I've tested stamina NB many times in PTS and Live and they are crazy strong. They have 4 class stamina morphs as opposed to DK which only has two.

Well, those DOTs are only when you look at 1v1 vs a NB and DK and having more stamina morphs are irrelevant, the only one I see NB using for this build is Ambush. I do feel that DK is better in a way due to its more tanky passives and seems to have better resource management, but NB has better escape options.

Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if Stam sorc ended up running this build the best in the future, lol

Yes I agree, stamina sorcerer is also very powerful as well, even now perhaps.

Nords 6% resist doesn't stack additively with cyro buffs so you get less out of its raw mitigation. I also prefer running higher stam and nord doesn't have 6-10% stam
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    babanovac wrote: »
    Does the rooting part of fossilize work on targets that are immune to cc?

No.
    Options
  • Komodo
    Komodo
    Thanks for the build!!

Do you use heavy armor? (Light - medium Engine Guardian) the rest heavy?
    Edited by Komodo on September 2, 2015 3:30PM
    V14 Nord Dragonknight
    V6 Khajiit Nighblade
    V1 Breton Sorcerer
    Options
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ChannelTribes can you use the addon "mybuild" & create a screenshot?
    It takes all of your data & puts it into a nice pretty picture.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How dependent are you on the Masters Sword?

What would you think of a Magicka Templar version?
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Komodo wrote: »
    Thanks for the build!!

Do you use heavy armor? (Light - medium Engine Guardian) the rest heavy?

Yes I do.
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    @ChannelTribes can you use the addon "mybuild" & create a screenshot?
    It takes all of your data & puts it into a nice pretty picture.

I plan on improving the post when I get the spare time
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Takllin wrote: »

I don't even have the master sword and can beat everyone I fight in duels (for the most part) with this build. You will do find without it!
    I'm confused how a magicka build could run this, someone else made a similar comment for NB. Can you please explain?
    Options
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't even have the master sword and can beat everyone I fight in duels (for the most part) with this build. You will do find without it!
    I'm confused how a magicka build could run this, someone else made a similar comment for NB. Can you please explain?

Ah I was under the impression that you were using it, my bad.

I can't post anything in depth now, but it would take a bunch of changes to do. It's certainly different because you lack HoT.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah I was under the impression that you were using it, my bad.

I can't post anything in depth now, but it would take a bunch of changes to do. It's certainly different because you lack HoT.

If I had it I would totally be using it but my RNG is ***, sadly.

I told the other guy to pm me in game if your na pc also, feel free to mail/add me @AsweetRoll if you have questions or want to talk about stuff you don't feel comfortable asking over here.
    Options
  • Thecapeo
    Thecapeo
    ✭✭✭
    I ran a slight variation of this build last night after a respec and loved it. And I'm on PS4 and a pretty new 14 still in 1.6 yet my tankiness skyrocketed and my resources were way easier to manage. Only in medium armor at 15K mitigation but I was still able to stand in there against guys who were crushing me the night before. Don't know how I didn't see some of the synergies before but I was being super inefficient. Thanks, for all this info.
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thecapeo wrote: »
    I ran a slight variation of this build last night after a respec and loved it. And I'm on PS4 and a pretty new 14 still in 1.6 yet my tankiness skyrocketed and my resources were way easier to manage. Only in medium armor at 15K mitigation but I was still able to stand in there against guys who were crushing me the night before. Don't know how I didn't see some of the synergies before but I was being super inefficient. Thanks, for all this info.

Glad to hear you like it! :D
    Options
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sribes, thank you for taking the time to give us this helpful info. I see you use Igneous Shield. Are you not concerned about the damage shield overflow bug?

Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sribes, thank you for taking the time to give us this helpful info. I see you use Igneous Shield. Are you not concerned about the damage shield overflow bug?

No the damage doesn't really seem to hurt me and I normally have vigor up if they attack me when using it, I forgot all about that bug doesn't do anything to me tbh :p
    Options
  • drzycki_ESO
    drzycki_ESO
    ✭✭✭

No the damage doesn't really seem to hurt me and I normally have vigor up if they attack me when using it, I forgot all about that bug doesn't do anything to me tbh :p

Thank you for responding.
    Options
  • iTzStevey
    iTzStevey
    ✭✭✭
    How well would this ork with a sorc? Ive been wanting to try stam sorc for a while because magicka sorc xan get abot boring haha :)
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iTzStevey wrote: »
    How well would this ork with a sorc? Ive been wanting to try stam sorc for a while because magicka sorc xan get abot boring haha :)

My friend on EU legendary mage ran a similar set up to what I do and came pretty close to killing me, I think with the right set up it can perform really really well.
    Options
  • twistedmonk
    twistedmonk
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose you could run a similar Heavy Armor Stamina build for any class, well maybe NB and Sorc, stam Templar is screwed I think as there is no way to recover stamina (too bad you can't pick up your own shards)...however...

It's the sum of all its parts, but there are a couple that stand out..

It seems to me, the reason why this works better on Dragon Knight than any other class is because of Battle Roar from the DK Earth Heart passive line which gives you back Health/Stamina/Magicka when you use an ultimate.

Which is what 70% of your max health/stamina/magicka? reduce by 50% in cyrodiil I assume. so it's still 35% of your max stats. and Igneous Armor buffs your healing by 30%, not sure if that applies to the Battle Roar or not. but certainly helps out Vigor/Rally.

Only class that has Major Mending....wtf ZOS...

Major Mending: +30% healing done.
    Dragonknight, Igneous Shield (Obsidian Shield)

Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent post ChannelTribes.

You mention in your OP that you only use Black Rose sometimes... what other 5 piece set do you like?
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rohaus wrote: »
    Excellent post ChannelTribes.

You mention in your OP that you only use Black Rose sometimes... what other 5 piece set do you like?

I like x5 duroks bane, x3 morag(x4 pieces atm since I still don't have a master sword after trying to get it for 6 months, lol), and then x3 agility. There are other set combos I like out there as well but they are more specific to group, solo or dueling so I don't think they're worth mentioning.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So this build is 1h&s and 2h with engine guardian and agility set, but everything else is pretty much up to us. Holy crap, I've been using Sribes - StamKnight Tank/DPS build on my Sorc and didn't even know it.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    So this build is 1h&s and 2h with engine guardian and agility set, but everything else is pretty much up to us. Holy crap, I've been using Sribes - StamKnight Tank/DPS build on my Sorc and didn't even know it.

1) Stamknight =Stam DK. Not stam sorc.
    2) The build is more or less a concept and is very flexible which is why I say the other sets are up to you.
    Edited by SRIBES on September 8, 2015 7:50PM
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of building a set using the new crafted set Armor Master. With the nerfs to dodge roll and block... I was thinking that building to be as high in armor and spell resist as possible would be the best way to go.

I am still a huge fan of engine guardian especially with the nerfs to roll and block. Regen just seems to be so much more important now especially with fights lasting longer.

Then pick up Agility set and call it good.

As for weapons, I was actually thinking S+B / Dual Wield… swap dual wield out for 2 hander depending on what you are looking to do whether it be group play or solo / 1vX.

Reading about the nerf to Black Rose set… doesn’t seem like it is as good now. Armor Master seems like a pretty solid set especially when mixed with Shuffle. Dodge, increased mitigation… forget dodge roll and blocking. I won’t be able to test this out for a bit but in my head it sounds solid… not sure how it will actually work out in the field though.
    Edited by Rohaus on September 8, 2015 7:59PM
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking of building a set using the new crafted set Armor Master. With the nerfs to dodge roll and block... I was thinking that building to be as high in armor and spell resist as possible would be the best way to go.

I am still a huge fan of engine guardian especially with the nerfs to roll and block. Regen just seems to be so much more important now especially with fights lasting longer.

As for weapons, I was actually thinking S+B / Dual Wield… swap dual wield out for 1 hander depending on what you are looking to do whether it be group play or solo / 1vX.

Reading about the nerf to Black Rose set… doesn’t seem like it is as good now. Armor Master seems like a pretty solid set especially when mixed with Shuffle. Dodge, increased mitigation… forget dodge roll and blocking. I won’t be able to test this out for a bit but in my head it sounds solid… not sure how it will actually work out in the field though.

Yeah, armor master works really well. SypherPK on twitch has a couple of past broadcasts where he couldn't beat me with any of his other builds/classes on PTS but then I told him to run armor master on his stam dk and fight me with it and we stalemated. It's hard to manage stats with armor master and balance damage while still being tanky as I did use the set for awhile. With practice and the right set up I think armor master could out perform black rose in some situations. Black Rose is still a really decent set because it gives such a good balance of weapon damage and stam. I can hit up to 40k stam, 30k+ health and over 2.5k weapon damage with roughly 800 stam regen which isn't really needed imo.
    Options
  • Erock25
    Erock25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

2) The build is more or less a concept and is very flexible which is why I say the other sets are up to you.

I know, I was making a joke. HAHA right?
    I can hit up to 40k stam, 30k+ health and over 2.5k weapon damage with roughly 800 stam regen which isn't really needed imo.

Am I misreading this or are you really okay with only 800 stam regen? Not sure if the which isn't really needed imo is referring to the stam regen or how high you can get your stam/hp.
    You earned the 500 LOLs badge.
    You received 500 LOLs. It ain't no fluke, you post great stuff and we're lucky to have you here. +50 points
    Options
  • SRIBES
    SRIBES
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know, I was making a joke. HAHA right?
    I can hit up to 40k stam, 30k+ health and over 2.5k weapon damage with roughly 800 stam regen which isn't really needed imo.

Am I misreading this or are you really okay with only 800 stam regen? Not sure if the which isn't really needed imo is referring to the stam regen or how high you can get your stam/hp.

I'm referring to the stam regen. In all my duels on PTS (including the ones with sypher) I never broke 1k stam regen. The amount of sustain battle roar and engine guardian provides me is disgusting. If I get a magic proc from engine I spam igneous and go back to full stam. The higher stam pool I have the more stamina my earthen heart abilities restore. Regen seems completely useless and my fights don't normally last long enough for me to even need regen due to the burst this build can put out. Open world same applies, I LOS all the time in IC which gives me time to get my stats back up quick and get back in the fight- but that's only if I am low on stats. I tend to only do small 1vX so like 1v3-1v7 which doesn't really drain me that much either.
    Options
  • WebBull
    WebBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing your build. I plan on trying Black Rose/Agility but I don't have engine guardian yet. Any replacement suggestions?
    Options
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As for weapons, I was actually thinking S+B / Dual Wield… swap dual wield out for 1 hander depending on what you are looking to do whether it be group play or solo / 1vX.

Yeah, armor master works really well. SypherPK on twitch has a couple of past broadcasts where he couldn't beat me with any of his other builds/classes on PTS but then I told him to run armor master on his stam dk and fight me with it and we stalemated. It's hard to manage stats with armor master and balance damage while still being tanky as I did use the set for awhile. With practice and the right set up I think armor master could out perform black rose in some situations. Black Rose is still a really decent set because it gives such a good balance of weapon damage and stam. I can hit up to 40k stam, 30k+ health and over 2.5k weapon damage with roughly 800 stam regen which isn't really needed imo.

That is funny because I often watch SypherPK twitch streaming and I remember watching one of his streams last week where he was getting quite frustrated with a DK. He was stating stuff like, "I don't understand... this guy isn't even blocking yet he is mitigating so much of my damage" Were you using WB against him?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
    Options