The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

[Non-Crown Experience Booster] Psijic Ambrosia

Faunter
Faunter
✭✭✭✭✭
Psijic Ambrosia is a non-crown experience booster consumable that was found in the game files. The provisioning recipe needed to craft this drink appears to be split in 7 chapters. Once you have found all 7, you can combine them to form the legendary quality recipe. However, it is unknown if there will be a small chance for the full recipe to drop as well, much like the fabled golden Dwemer motif. The method of obtaining one of the ingredients needed to craft Psijic Ambrosia, Perfect Roe, is also unknown at this time. The 50% increased experience bonus from it appears to stack with other food and drink bonuses, but I wonder if it will also stack with the Crown experience booster. Thoughts?

5ylVRX7.jpg
Vbyryo9.jpg
gB7IDcX.png
dxHjjy1.jpg
Edited by Faunter on June 6, 2015 6:32PM
  • traigusb14_ESO2
    traigusb14_ESO2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rare fishing ingredient!
  • Trollwut
    Trollwut
    ✭✭✭
    That's cool!

And it means to me that this is the "non-money aequivalent" for the upcomming Crown Store item. :)
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this brings more life to fishing!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    ✭✭✭
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely low drop rate rare fishing ingredient (tedium guaranteed and only a viable activity for the very small % of high hours/day hardcore players) or quick cash payment for the same kind of item from those without the time and interest to do the most boring activity in the game.

But this makes it 'fair' OFC!

Someone do the maths on the non-xp-earning gametime wasted fishing to get the ingredients to make a potion to give you a 50% bonus to the time it takes to get your xp...

Hillarious...

Additionally, this stuff will be sold for a fortune but needed most by the very players who don't have massive amounts of gold due to less play-time.

So basically, unless you are a hardcore player putting in huge hours, this makes the ever growing CP point difference between them and casuals even worse. It will accelerate.

More CP elite = less competitiveness = less players. More cash required to keep up with hardcore by casuals with more money = more pissed off casuals = less players.

You couldn't make this stuff up...

Genius...

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on BASHING AND SLANDEROUS COMMENTS]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 2, 2015 6:30PM
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frost Miriam, eh? Not an easy ingredient to find. So this will cost lots of shiny gold to make.
    Halcyon Black
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I am glad I saved up those 2,000 worms... :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Rook_Master
    Rook_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it confirmed that the Roe is a fishing ingredient?
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Frost Miriam, eh? Not an easy ingredient to find. So this will cost lots of shiny gold to make.

I get it in Prov writs pretty much every day :)

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Ruben
    Ruben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone do the maths on the non-xp-earning gametime wasted fishing to get the ingredients to make a potion to give you a 50% bonus to the time it takes to get your xp...

If you spend time farming it will be for the gold, not the XP. Expect it to be (very?) expensive.
    DK Stamina DPS
    DK Magicka DPS
    DK Tank
    Templar Healer
    Sorcerer Stamina DPS
    Nightblade Magicka DPS
    Nightblade Stamina DPS
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You only get it from provisioning writs or hirelings. Same with Bervez Juice. So this drink will use both purple ingredients and a gold one.

Fun stuff!
    Rare fishing ingredient!

I'm hoping so!
    The Moot Councillor
  • byrom101b16_ESO
    byrom101b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ruben wrote: »

If you spend time farming it will be for the gold, not the XP. Expect it to be (very?) expensive.

Exactly - the people already with a vast lead on banked gold will get further ahead, like being CP kings wasn't enough for them.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely low drop rate rare fishing ingredient (tedium guaranteed and only a viable activity for the very small % of high hours/day hardcore players) or quick cash payment for the same kind of item from those without the time and interest to do the most boring activity in the game.

But this makes it 'fair' OFC!

Hillarious...

Additionally, this stuff will be sold for a fortune but needed most by the very players who don't have massive amounts of gold due to less play-time.

So basically, unless you are a hardcore player putting in huge hours, this makes the ever growing CP point difference between them and casuals even worse. It will accelerate.

More CP elite = less competitiveness = less players. More cash required to keep up with hardcore by casuals with more money = more pissed off casuals = less players.

You couldn't make this stuff up...

Genius...

What makes it fair is anyone and everyone can obtain it with a little work in game or a lesser quality one via crown. It's a choice and a fabulous choice at that.

[Moderator Note: Edited quote to match moderated version]
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on June 2, 2015 6:34PM
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xendyn wrote: »

I get it in Prov writs pretty much every day :)
    Exactly. It's only rare (read as: completely unavailable) for people without provisioning hirelings, and who don't do provisioning writs. If anyone has trouble getting Frost Miriam or Bervez Juice, it's their own fault for not bothering to do the writs (which are the best, most reliable source - as well as giving you a massive return on your tiny investment of provisioning mats).
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Zhoyzu
    Zhoyzu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faunter wrote: »
    I hope this brings more life to fishing!

you can fish in this game?!?
    Zhoyzu - Nightblade Alchemist (v15) RETIRED
    Has-No-Heart - Templar Enchanter (v4) FUBAR
    Ambadassador - Dragon knight (v1) Naked with no future (returned from the naked realm to tank PvE)
    Sakis Tolis - Sorceror (v10 in progress) Living Legend!

Xuhl'Xotuun - Warden Current Main as im starting the game over essentially with this character aside from crafting.

Creator of Khajiit fall dmg reduction racial passive concept.

• UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it drops in a similar fashion to rare fish, then all you need to do is get a group together and go fishing together. You'll get it much much much faster with a group fishing the same holes together, and if you hop on teamspeak to make it a social activity you'll have fun doing it.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring it on, whats better than console launch. I keep fingers crossed they get this right.
  • Faunter
    Faunter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it very interesting that the recipe requires both Frost Mirriam AND Bervez Juice.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it very interesting that the recipe requires both Frost Mirriam AND Bervez Juice.

It's to make sure that it tastes like bull ***.
    signing off
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At a guess I'd say that's because it's a drink, so it should use bervez juice, but because drinks are generally less popular than food, more people are sitting on stacks of bervez juice than frost mirriam. So to help make sure that creating it uses up ingredients that you would find useful for other things that you also want to use, it uses both. That helps make it a more meaningful choice: "hmm, do I make this psijic ambrosia even though it'll use up the ingredients I need for my favorite food? Is it worth the cost of playing without that food?"

Just a guess, though.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    i spent ~900 worms for 1 blue fish...so this ROE can be a pain in ass and 2k of worms not enough))
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't be such P2W alarmist. Perhaps it will possible to buy ingredients or potions for gold from bots or other players. So, if you save enough gold by buying crown store repair kits, you will be able to afford XP boost like the better people but without spending crowns.
    Unless XP bonuses stack, if not outright multiply, in which case you will get XP bonus but the better people will get still better XP bonus, which they deserve anyway.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looks like I'm going to be waiting to finish up that Master Angler cheeve now.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exstazik wrote: »
    i spent ~900 worms for 1 blue fish...so this ROE can be a pain in ass and 2k of worms not enough))
    You must have been fishing by yourself instead of with a group...
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • Exstazik
    Exstazik
    ✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »
    when you are fishing with group it's not up chance...Example:the pole have total 15 and the amount of attempt is: 15/ *total_player.So it's just less attempt on each pole--->more poles for X time.

• vovus69
    vovus69
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's great actually - at least we can get something new :)
    "If I'll need your opinion, I'll give one to you" - Rivenspire
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    when you are fishing with group it's not up chance...Example:the pole have total 15 and the amount of attempt is: 15/ *total_player.So it's just less attempt on each pole--->more poles for X time.
    That's completely false. ZOS has said many many times that the more people fishing the same hole, the higher the chances of any given cast of the rod getting a rare drop. If you had done any significant amount of fishing in groups as well as solo, you would see that it's true. I've found the ideal number of people to fish with to be 4-6. More than that and you start using up the holes too fast, and spend too much time finding new holes. Fewer than that and it takes way more casts of the rod (and way more bait) to get your greens and blues. In a 3 hours or so of fishing with a group of 4-6 I expect to get every single green and blue fish available in a zone - typically 5-10 of each green and 1-4 of each blue. In the same amount of time fishing solo I expect to get maybe 1/4 of that.
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's completely false. ZOS has said many many times that the more people fishing the same hole, the higher the chances of any given cast of the rod getting a rare drop. If you had done any significant amount of fishing in groups as well as solo, you would see that it's true. I've found the ideal number of people to fish with to be 4-6. More than that and you start using up the holes too fast, and spend too much time finding new holes. Fewer than that and it takes way more casts of the rod (and way more bait) to get your greens and blues. In a 3 hours or so of fishing with a group of 4-6 I expect to get every single green and blue fish available in a zone - typically 5-10 of each green and 1-4 of each blue. In the same amount of time fishing solo I expect to get maybe 1/4 of that.

Yes, you get a group together and fish for an evening and you most likely will complete ythat zone. I get WAY more rare fish with groups than solo, and I stop to fish solo a LOT
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES!!!!!!!!!
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450