Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Battle level is not working

billybailey1982ub17_ESO
Im a vet 5 char and i went into PVP with battel level turned off and wrote down all my stats and rentered to fined no change has been made with it truned on.. anyone else see this
  • ZOS_BrianWheeler
    ZOS_BrianWheeler
    PvP & Combat Lead
    Veteran players do not get Battle leveled.
    Wheeler
    ESO PVP Lead & Combat Lead
    Staff Post
  • billybailey1982ub17_ESO
    So then as a vet under 12 player it is pointless to join pvp until your vet lvl 12 now nice
    and i pay for this now why again?
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Um, Vets never got the Battle Level buff.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So then as a vet under 12 player it is pointless to join pvp until your vet lvl 12 now nice

I've played together with a number of lower VR rank players who can handle themselves quite well against VR14 enemies.
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason why low level vet players are excluded?
    | GM Cheesemongers of Nirn |
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Edited by riverdragon72 on March 23, 2015 5:32PM
    Meh...**** it..
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anath_Q wrote: »

Yes, because you have access to more sophisticated gear, pots, food, actual Champion Points, undoubtedly more skills and passives than a non-vet character.

You've also killed Molag friggen Bal.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

Yes, because you have access to more sophisticated gear, pots, food, actual Champion Points, undoubtedly more skills and passives than a non-vet character.

Clearly.

That stated, a low level vet has no where near the same CP, gear, skills and passives as a v14.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Clearly.

That stated, a low level vet has no where near the same CP, gear, skills and passives as a v14.

Thats because they are a V14.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • Stilliko
    Stilliko
    ✭✭
    I dont really get the logic behind that. If your lvl 49 you'll get battle leveled and be much much much better off than a player at VR1. So are we suppose to play cyrodiil till we hit VR1 then stop and go grind to vr12+? Wait wait, all the grind spots have been nerfed...
    my lower lvl toons have the champion points and still get batte lvl
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭

Clearly.

So, again, why are low level vets not battle hardened? If pre-vet toons are hardened to v12, and v12-v14 toons are set, why are low level vets left out?
    Edited by Anath_Q on March 23, 2015 5:36PM
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are not excluded as much as they should still be on par with those battle leveled players under VR1. Through gear, skill points and morphed abilites a VR5 is much more viable than a battle leveled player that's really 49.(at least theoretically)

If the OP is wondering about the new guard levels, you shouldn't be. They raised the level of them but kept the damage and hit points relatively the same (VR5 level). This was so VR14's who only PvP can get some better exp. for champ points. since many have already done all the questing they can.
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    LOL its crazy but hey you have the Chump points to use and they don't? those chump points counter act a straight v12 (battle leveld toon) It makes sense.
    Now to get this same system in place for PVE vet dungeons??
  • riverdragon72
    riverdragon72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear ZoS, I am only lvl 2 when I leave Coldharbour, plz fix.
    Meh...**** it..
    OK so im just going to play my lower lvl toon with battel level at 41 and have 30K HP and more armor then my vet 5 And have all my champion points too ... nice work zos
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Clearly.

So, again, why are low level vets not battle hardened? If pre-vet toons are hardened to v12, and v12-v14 toons are set, why are low level vets left out?

Vet characters still have an advantage over non-vet characters. You still get your Battle Spirit buff increasing your health, access to better methods of regen ( which is a problem for battle levelled players )

Think about it, they have to use pots / food to their level, that in no way can cater to their new attributes. End of the day, this all falls on individual player skill.
    my lower lvl toons have the champion points and still get batte lvl

I thought that a character could not utilise CP until they became a Vet ?
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I thought that a character could not utilise CP until they became a Vet ?

No, my level 6 is running around with with the Phase passive.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brian posted somewhere else that they may look into offering battle-levelling for non-Vets, but that it's not likely to be in the near future:
    Battle leveling is applied to all characters that are not VR1 or higher. We have been working on getting it applied to Vet players that are under the Battle level stats so they can close that gap between VR1 and VR14 players, but this isn't slated for a while still.

It's likely harder to battle-level a Vet, since all Vets 1-14 are considered "Level 50" by some aspects of the game, including the quest system.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Stilliko
    Stilliko
    ✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Brian posted somewhere else that they may look into offering battle-levelling for non-Vets, but that it's not likely to be in the near future:
    Battle leveling is applied to all characters that are not VR1 or higher. We have been working on getting it applied to Vet players that are under the Battle level stats so they can close that gap between VR1 and VR14 players, but this isn't slated for a while still.

It's likely harder to battle-level a Vet, since all Vets 1-14 are considered "Level 50" by some aspects of the game, including the quest system.

I hear ZOS say " We know its a problem and we're thinking about doing something about it at some unspecified date in the future" (my paraphrasing) a lot. I understand they have a finite amount resources to fix/improve things. But it seems that ZOS priorities small improvements that nobody cares about over fixes that people really want, continually. This is one of those big fixes people really want. Please consider moving it up on your priority list ZOS.
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭

This is unfortunate because that power gap between low and high vet levels is tangible. If the point of battle leveling is to allow all players a chance to use their skills to be competitive in Cyrodiil regardless of level, then it should apply to all players...regardless of level.

• SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of months and VR levels are gone. We will all be laughing on this little quarrel when looking back. B)
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • liquid_wolf
    liquid_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    VR levels won't be here for much longer.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do think this is a problem for lower vet players.
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is unfortunate because that power gap between low and high vet levels is tangible. If the point of battle leveling is to allow all players a chance to use their skills to be competitive in Cyrodiil regardless of level, then it should apply to all players...regardless of level.

Unlike lowbie characters, VR1-11 can use high level food, armor sets, enchantments, etc..

If VR11 received the same battle level boost to armor, spell resist, health, magicka and stamina, etc., either they would be incentivized to avoid leveling to VR12, or they would end up with the same stats fighting naked, no incentive to properly gear the character.
  • morf87
    morf87
    ✭✭✭

Unless i am mistaken by the term "battle leveled" or confused with something else, my vet 3 NB stats increase when i zone into Cyrodiil from pve.

Edited by morf87 on March 23, 2015 8:13PM
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morf87 wrote: »

Unless i am mistaken by the term "battle leveled" or confused with something else, my vet 3 NB stats increase when i zone into Cyrodiil from pve.

it could come from the Home Campaign bonus or keep bonus or something..... not necessarily "Battle Leveling"
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • morf87
    morf87
    ✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »

it could come from the Home Campaign bonus or keep bonus or something..... not necessarily "Battle Leveling"

Possible, im still relearning after 6 months away. Off the top of my head the main increase is my health which raises by 5k when i enter cyrodiil, stam and magika also rises but not possitive on the exact numbers tho it is a meaningful increase and effects me in every campaign i enter whether it be my home campaign or not.
    Edited by morf87 on March 23, 2015 8:21PM
  • Anath_Q
    Anath_Q
    ✭✭✭✭

Unlike lowbie characters, VR1-11 can use high level food, armor sets, enchantments, etc..

If VR11 received the same battle level boost to armor, spell resist, health, magicka and stamina, etc., either they would be incentivized to avoid leveling to VR12, or they would end up with the same stats fighting naked, no incentive to properly gear the character.

Not sure I understand why a v11 toon would prefer to be battle leveled to v12 rather than actually accrue the power a v12 player has, but if that's true, then pre-vet players have no more incentive to level either. And doesn't the amount of battle leveling that occurs scale? A level 10 toon gets more of a boost with battle leveling than a level 49 toon just because they need more to get to v12 parity. I would imagine that the amount of battle leveling a v11 toon would receive would be relatively small if battle leveling applied to all toons less than v12.

My concern is more for low level vet characters...vet 1, 2, 3. There isn't a whole lot of difference between a level 49 player's gear, food, and skills relative to a v1 toon, yet the level 49 player gets battle leveling and the v1 toon does not. One might argue that a low level vet has a handful of CP that exceeds the value of being battle leveled to v12, but a level 49 toon may have access to 100+ CP if there is a max level vet on the same account.

Of course, there is a big difference between vet characters of all levels and one that is level 10. That is why battle leveling for pre-vet toons brings them up to v12...with lower level toons getting more of a boost to get to v12 than higher level pre-vet players.

My point is that there is also a big difference between a low level vet and v12, and that power gap remains. If the point of battle leveling is to minimize level differences to allow players at every stage of progression a chance to successfully go against each other in PvP, then battle leveling should be extended to include all players.

Edit: As pointed out above, ZoS is aware of the issue. I just hope they act on it sooner than Soon. :smile:
    Edited by Anath_Q on March 23, 2015 9:08PM